Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

heard u like girls posted:

not bad whats fumo with you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

yes, well, uhm..

really makes me wish for a nuclear winter

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

ThaumPenguin posted:

Just casually adding in killable children?

While plenty of things here are welcome additions, a lot of this does seem beyond the scope of a fix mod. As an example, the main reason the Yukichigai Unofficial Patch (YUP) for New Vegas was created was specifically because the then-standard fix mod implemented changes and content way beyond what people would expect, usually based on its creator's own ideas about what the game "should" be. There's a reason why the more "fundamental" Bethesda mods tend to be compartmentalized, each specializing in a particular thing. Users shouldn't need to add additional patches on top of your bugfix mod just to undo your personal preferences. At that point you're just Arthmoor again.

I'm finding more and more to dislike about the FATE mod, but still on the fence about uninstalling it just yet. It overwrites some of my other mods to make my character more vulnerable which is actually a plus in terms of novelty. Combine that with Real.AI, which ~really~ changes combat, it kinda feels like a new game.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72923

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Interesting, i might give that AI thing a try.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

use panpc if you want to mod ai. i think you need to get it from greslin's discord since the last nexusmods drama, but it's easily the best ai mod.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Real.AI for me has the problem where half the map aggros me whenever I shoot at a bloatfly.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Tankbuster posted:

Real.AI for me has the problem where half the map aggros me whenever I shoot at a bloatfly.

Well, you -=did=- post your assassination coordinates ..

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
About to finally do Nuka-World (by killing everyone, gently caress actually signing up with the Raiders). Any companion in particular worth taking? I'm guessing it'll be awhile before I get access to a workshop/settlement, so a big carry load for the purposes of carting around all the unique stuff might be nice.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Build a Sentry Bot with lots of storage.

E: after looking through the wiki it seems like a terrible idea. Bring one of your human shaped friends and give them a backpack from the backpack mod. It doesn't take long before you get access to a workshop, but if you're gonna kill the raiders it might not be super useful.

Philippe fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 25, 2023

Elem7
Apr 12, 2003
der
Dinosaur Gum
What happened to Fallout 4 Enhanced Edition? I'm not seeing it on Wabbajack.

Been wanted to do a playthrough for the first time since 2017 and after some reading that sounded like the closest fit for me that doesn't involve weeks of research and effort but I'm not seeing any reference to it anywhere since late last year.

If it is gone, anyone care to comment between the choice of Life in the Ruins and Beyond the Horizon? LitR was my second choice but Horizon was the main draw of EE and I see Beyond the Horizon is based off it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Philippe posted:

Build a Sentry Bot with lots of storage.

E: after looking through the wiki it seems like a terrible idea. Bring one of your human shaped friends and give them a backpack from the backpack mod. It doesn't take long before you get access to a workshop, but if you're gonna kill the raiders it might not be super useful.

I figured out who to take, someone I never used much who’s gonna love doing raider cleanup. Cait. TIME FOR MURDER.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Elem7 posted:

What happened to Fallout 4 Enhanced Edition? I'm not seeing it on Wabbajack.

Been wanted to do a playthrough for the first time since 2017 and after some reading that sounded like the closest fit for me that doesn't involve weeks of research and effort but I'm not seeing any reference to it anywhere since late last year.

If it is gone, anyone care to comment between the choice of Life in the Ruins and Beyond the Horizon? LitR was my second choice but Horizon was the main draw of EE and I see Beyond the Horizon is based off it.

List author doesn't have time so retired the list. It may come back at some point I guess. I didn't get too far into Life in the Ruins but from what I played I liked it quite a bit. Here's the readme for it.

https://github.com/WhiskyTangoFawks/LunarFalloutPlus

Elem7
Apr 12, 2003
der
Dinosaur Gum

Wiltsghost posted:

List author doesn't have time so retired the list. It may come back at some point I guess. I didn't get too far into Life in the Ruins but from what I played I liked it quite a bit. Here's the readme for it.

Ah to bad, seems like there's a lot of that, seems like Skyrim modding has a lot more life vs FO4.

For anyone else looking I found a Youtube channel, DroppedIceCream, which has done some quick reviews of the major Wabbajacks that was helpful, including LitR. Beyond the Horizon wasn't covered but I did find out its still on the older 1.8 version of Horizon and its unclear if it'll be updated or when.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
fallout 4 has a very good mod scene. It's just that a lot of the effort has gone into making poo poo like fallout London or the (never coming out) NV remake.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
good lord, wrangling precombines patches isn't easy.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm actually really liking Nuka-World. Something about Bethesda's post-apocalyptic literal worldbuilding has always worked really well for me, and Nuka-World has the same "destroyed rusting hulks of what used to be modernity" aesthetic that made the Pitt my favourite Fallout 3 DLC. The actual quests ain't half bad too, I almost feel bad that I'm gonna have to wipe out the raiders instead of letting them expand into the Commonwealth.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I wish there was a way to play out the raiders against each other instead of just playing along.

Also gently caress Redeye. "Guy with acoustic guitar at a party"-rear end radio DJ.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
just use nuka world reborn lah. It's very nice visiting coca cola land and seeing uncle sam give them the equivalent of nuclear powered tanks for promotional material. Absolute A+ bit.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Sacrificing 3 lovely settlements in order to put the pack in the zoo and the disciples in the kiddie kingdom ( and the rest in the ground ) where they belong + powering the park back up is worth it imo.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Why would you save the Disciples? They're the only group with literally no redeeming qualities.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

7c Nickel posted:

Why would you save the Disciples? They're the only group with literally no redeeming qualities.

If you're a melee build they've got a decent perk (25% of AP back on any melee kill)

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

Because you want to?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Maybe you're roleplaying a character who also has no redeeming qualities.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yes, the horrible character called bethesda defendor.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

7c Nickel posted:

Because Morbius and his sister only care about money and money is the root of all evil. At least the Pack and Disciples are actually Raiders.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I also really liked Nuka World, although you need to scrub the fixed protagonist background for it to make any sense at all. It works a lot better with Sim Settlements Conqueror.

I liked Gage a lot, most of the voiceover is really great all around. Gobs of cool atmospheric poo poo all over, the only part I wasn't super fond of was the hedge maze.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
After 141 hours it's done. Pretty good game, all things considered. This was with Welcome to Paradise release 2.2 circa 2021, and I just got around to finishing up now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
In other news, Sim Settlements finally counted to 3. Well, chapter 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNnDrb6KUmI

If previous releases are any indication there might be a patch or two before this is firing on all cylinders, but it looks like this one's going to bring in and update Conqueror's old war system to wrap up the story.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Ah nice I've been waiting for them to add that back in. This could be an exciting year for F4 modding if this came Fallout London come out.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Glazius posted:

In other news, Sim Settlements finally counted to 3. Well, chapter 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNnDrb6KUmI

If previous releases are any indication there might be a patch or two before this is firing on all cylinders, but it looks like this one's going to bring in and update Conqueror's old war system to wrap up the story.

nice. awful timing but I guess I'll get around to it

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Does anyone here have any experience doing the 'Packing mods into BA2s' thing?

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3054?BH=1

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/2730/

Currently on one of my longest concurrent playthroughs and having filled half of the settlements with between 10 and 15 peeps and it's kinda starting to hurt performance a lot, so i'm looking at improving performance stuff.
Reading those two pages tho i feel like i am missing half of the information? Where files should go etc? Anybody done this before?

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

It's here folks :

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/73157

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Why can't I be a dino, 0/5

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Philippe posted:

Why can't I be a dino, 0/5

Good News !!!!!

You totally can:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72817 NSFW !!!!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
For anybody playing Sim Settlements 2: What mods are you running along side it/would recommend to go with it? I just did the Midnight Ride guide and then added Sim Settlements 2 chapter 3 on top of all that under a new profile in MO2. Mainly just curious if any of the CSEP mods and Atom's Storm would conflict with it.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
You can be anime in F4, why not dinos?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bumper Stickup posted:

For anybody playing Sim Settlements 2: What mods are you running along side it/would recommend to go with it? I just did the Midnight Ride guide and then added Sim Settlements 2 chapter 3 on top of all that under a new profile in MO2. Mainly just curious if any of the CSEP mods and Atom's Storm would conflict with it.

Atom's Storm does conflict but I believe someone has made a patch for it. Should be findable in the required mods bit.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Dr.Smasher posted:

You can be anime in F4, why not dinos?

Fallout 4 Modding: you can be anime, why not dinos?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/73889

this looks nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/h4Qe3E1.mp4

E: this is not the awesome/awful mods thread. But I beg you to crosspost it because that is loving terrifiying.