Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Nic isn't that unhinged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Nic will do anything for a paycheck.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It should be Nick Gage.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
there were five of 'em!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Walla posted:

Nic will do anything for a paycheck.

Exactly. It's perfect casting.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Nic should wear Old Lifted Man Vince make-up even when playing teenage Vince.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also have Vince's ridiculous comeback moustache the whole time.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Michael Shannon as Vince.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Take the biopic in a new direction and cast Rip Taylor as vince

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

cast blue kane as red kane

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
do it Bob Dylan: I'm Not There style and have a different wrestler portraying vince at different junctures

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Will Ferrell as Vince. I mean, just do this sketch as a movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vFTMjYJTnY

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

Toaster Beef posted:

do it Bob Dylan: I'm Not There style and have a different wrestler portraying vince at different junctures

with David Cross as Jim Cornette

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

My pick

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

I had to look up Vince with a mustache and, lmao.

This would be perfect casting. Dalton just needs to get the Vince strut down.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Like, that dye job has incredible Creed Bratton pretending to be 30 energy

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I would suggest Harris Yulin, who among other thing played the judge in Ghostbusters 2 (and he's only 85 years old!) to play Vince but this is my serious answer:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Dalton is too naturally charming and likable to play Vince.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Baron von Eevl posted:

His british form of slimeball is very much somehow too classy to match Vince's American Carny slimeball. I waould never say he couldn't do it, but it'll definitely be different from Simon Skinner.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

young vince: glenn howerton
late 90s and upwards vince: michael shannon with increasing amount of roids and makeup

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

On the contrary, there are many many people who have said that Vince has a very weird sort of charm to him. I forget who it was, but one former WWE guy talked about how he went into Vince's office with some demand he wanted to make, and by the time they'd got done talking he'd not only not gotten what he wanted, but Vince had managed to convince him that he didn't really want it in the first place.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's a different kind of charm for sure. Vince is like a carny version of Nixon, just absolutely repugnant and you can't look at him, but in person somehow he's got this one on one likability thing despite how loving disgusting he is. It's hypnotism or something.

Dalton might be an rear end in a top hat, I don't know, but the camera loves him.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's not uncommon with narcissists, like Steve Jobs' infamous Reality Distortion Field. There's a particular skill for being willing to say or do anything to make people believe and trust you and enjoy your company in person, without actually committing to anything or making any actionable promises.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's a different kind of charm for sure. Vince is like a carny version of Nixon, just absolutely repugnant and you can't look at him, but in person somehow he's got this one on one likability thing despite how loving disgusting he is. It's hypnotism or something.

There's more than one story from someone who got fired by WWE where they said "Oh, Vince loved me, we got along great, it was that drat Jim Ross/John Laurinatis/Bruce Prichard/etc. that fired me."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Sydney Bottocks posted:

On the contrary, there are many many people who have said that Vince has a very weird sort of charm to him. I forget who it was, but one former WWE guy talked about how he went into Vince's office with some demand he wanted to make, and by the time they'd got done talking he'd not only not gotten what he wanted, but Vince had managed to convince him that he didn't really want it in the first place.

That was Jesse Ventura talking about Vince's father.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Baron von Eevl posted:

Dalton might be an rear end in a top hat, I don't know, but the camera loves him.

Nixon was a carny, he worked the wheel of fortune in Prescott, AZ in the 1920s.

Is Vince considered hard working? I mean i know of his weird behavior during meetings but is he consistently doing like 80 hours of real work a week way past the point when he’d need to?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Is Vince considered hard working? I mean i know of his weird behavior during meetings but is he consistently doing like 80 hours of real work a week way past the point when he’d need to?

he took chairshots to the head and he's a billionaire that doesnt need to

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince aggressively micromanages every single part of wwe and every single show there isnt a part of it that isnt run by vince he never sleeps and because hes now an old man it has driven him even more insane

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, Vince forced his way back onto the board of WWE at 77 years old so he could micromanage their TV shows, sometimes making changes to the shows as they're airing. He only sleeps 4 hours a night and is supposedly the first person to the building and the last one to leave. Work is his entire life.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 31, 2023

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

The man is a legit hard worker. He sleeps like three to four hours a night at best and is working for the majority of his waking hours. He's never taken a vacation. He micromanages everything, and on top of all his wrestling work he's constantly tried to expand out into other businesses.

He's like a goddamn machine that has it's off button broken.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yes. Even in the 2010s the man was a workaholic beyond belief. He never rested on his laurels for a minute. He has a myriad of faults and that obsession is one of them.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Nixon was a carny

LBJ had something in common with Joey Ryan.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Vandar posted:

The man is a legit hard worker. He sleeps like three to four hours a night at best and is working for the majority of his waking hours. He's never taken a vacation. He micromanages everything, and on top of all his wrestling work he's constantly tried to expand out into other businesses.

Climbing into the ring and tearing his quad and somehow no selling it to continue in character is something like what, 5% of athletes could do? Even baseball players who take a pitch off the elbow need a minute before jogging to first.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Climbing into the ring and tearing his quad and somehow no selling it to continue in character is something like what, 5% of athletes could do? Even baseball players who take a pitch off the elbow need a minute before jogging to first.

BOTH his quads, mind you.

Vince's rage is a powerful thing.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Vandar posted:

Too bad he's poo poo at working, the stuff he micromanages is noticably worse for his influence.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

Too bad he's poo poo at working, the stuff he micromanages is noticably worse for his influence.

Well yeah. He's the very common kind of micromanager control freak that needs to have literally everything be His Work and have his mark on it regardless of whether it's any kind of improvement, and has to make sure nobody gets to succeed or accomplish anything in a way that he can't take credit for. Actual success is worthless if it's not his success, done his way.

He even does the classic move of finally hiring someone to do x to shut up the people telling him he needs to delegate, and then makes sure they have no actual power or contribution by continuing to override or micromanage everything they do until they give up and become a yes-man or quit.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well yeah. He's the very common kind of micromanager control freak that needs to have literally everything be His Work and have his mark on it regardless of whether it's any kind of improvement, and has to make sure nobody gets to succeed or accomplish anything in a way that he can't take credit for. Actual success is worthless if it's not his success, done his way.

He even does the classic move of finally hiring someone to do x to shut up the people telling him he needs to delegate, and then makes sure they have no actual power or contribution by continuing to override or micromanage everything they do until they give up and become a yes-man or quit.

That's a great way to describe that type of person. I am feeling a little uncomfortable with leaving it at "He's a really a hard worker" because of the positive connotations that description carries. Vince is a work-hoarder; around two thirds of the work he is doing could and should be left to other people.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

That's a great way to describe that type of person. I am feeling a little uncomfortable with leaving it at "He's a really a hard worker" because of the positive connotations that description carries. Vince is a work-hoarder; around two thirds of the work he is doing could and should be left to other people.

Oooh, 'work-hoarder' is a good way to put it.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Well, it's easier if your character is "a guy who is so mad at his employees that he just tore both his quads".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Cat Hatter posted:

Well, it's easier if your character is "a guy who is so mad at his employees that he just tore both his quads".

No quads, that's what you've got!

No quads at all!