Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Zinchenko ain't doing half bad either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Have Arsenal not had a competent left back since Cashley? I'm really struggling to think of one. Tierney doesn't count because he misses 30 games a season.

Clichy was alright. Nacho Monreal was a solid 7/10 most every game, not the biggest name but still very good.

Masonity posted:

Zinchenko ain't doing half bad either.

Timber, Tierney and Tomiyasu have all played there in preseason. Zinchenko has missed time, but should be ready for the season.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChrisWheelerDM/status/1685925720558845952?t=zXJ4kFU6hfWTMpc7kDGpjQ&s=19

£90m a season what the actual gently caress O_O

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

everyone wants them hojland shirts

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

can’t wait for Emirates Sportswear company to be founded and coincidentally start sponsoring City for £300 million a year

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

mila kunis posted:

are there successful examples of waiting till as much of the transfer window is gone as possible before doing any transfers.

Doing this is how west ham got paqueta

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bogan Krkic posted:

Doing this is how west ham got paqueta
and it was february before he started playing well lol

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

jesus WEP posted:

can’t wait for Emirates Sportswear company to be founded and coincidentally start sponsoring City for £300 million a year
Reported for racism.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

jesus WEP posted:

This is their existing sponsorship setup

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It would be good for Emirates Sportswear company to start sponsoring their clubs £300m a year imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

jesus WEP posted:

and it was february before he started playing well lol

True, but part of that was Moyes thinking he was a Payet type who could play up front and dribble entire defenses rather than a flair midfielder

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
https://twitter.com/rhysjamesy/status/1685692299022667777?s=43

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

This is their existing sponsorship setup
puma is not an emirati company afaik

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Important Liverpool news: Big VVD is the new captain.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Xabi posted:

Important Liverpool news: Big VVD is the new captain.

The captain and vice-captain left, so they made the 3rd captain captain? Madness

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Trent's vice captain so that's new

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Trent is a good lad who means well

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

No better captain and vice captain than the two players that epitomize the club’s decline, I guess

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Vegetable posted:

No better captain and vice captain than the two players that epitomize the club’s decline, I guess

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I hope Liverpool get relegated

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!
Liverpool relegated, Newcastle dismembered, Chelsea gets embargoed, Villa win the league, Manchester falls into the ocean like Atlantis

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Tiger Crazy posted:

Liverpool relegated, Newcastle dismembered, Chelsea gets embargoed, Villa win the league, Manchester falls into the ocean like Atlantis

Where do I sign

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tiger Crazy posted:

Spurs somehow contrive to finish fifth

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Arsenal could write off this season and instead play their first eleven in the U23 league. Get them used to winning titles. I'm pretty sure our first choice eleven qualifies?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

This will be my first season following the PL from end to end, I’m excited for this to get started next week

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Carlosologist posted:

This will be my first season following the PL from end to end, I’m excited for this to get started next week

Who have you picked as your team OP

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
they can't pick anyone yet. they have to watch all 380 matches then write a 500-word piece justifying their decision.

also gently caress me it's really starting next weekend. jesus

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We need a Luton fan. Like have they signed anyone or done anything in the off-season to prepare for the biggest season in their history. I have no idea. Does Luton even exist

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Can they use their ground?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Can they use their ground?

There first home game isn’t until September after their game against Burnley was postponed, so objectively no lol

Tiger Crazy
Sep 25, 2006

If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!

the sex ghost posted:

We need a Luton fan. Like have they signed anyone or done anything in the off-season to prepare for the biggest season in their history. I have no idea. Does Luton even exist

Well they signed a player named Marvelous Nakamba. He has a good smile and is from Zimbabwe.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Luton also signed Ryan Giles.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

More like Loo-ton imo

Because they are toilet

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
drat sounds like luton are serious about making a go of it and not spending the next 9 months frantically grabbing as much prem money as they can like at the end of the crystal maze

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MikeKeegan_DM/status/1687015146189660160

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

the sex ghost posted:

I can confirm Luton exists to the extent it has ever existed.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

this feels entirely predictable, somehow

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I remember flying from Luton to, I think, Grenoble like 25 years ago to go skiing. We got there super early and the airport was basically closed. hosed up my neck from falling asleep on a table for a few hours so I hope they get relegated. Well that’s my Luton story. Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe. Hit that little bell to get notified, patreon link in the description.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Simply looking at this man brings me more joy than looking at any other Premier League chairman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bumhead posted:

Simply looking at this man brings me more joy than looking at any other Premier League chairman.

He's an international drug trafficker and organized crime kingpin. Not that you could tell by looking at him...

Passed the "fit and proper" test for club ownership though!