Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Tanking is always the best, the big reason why Rift basically ruined MMOs for me was that I could be a tank that was also the main healer, and most heal builds could really put out some damage too so we'd just race through instances with 4 dps

I liked healing in FF11, tactically timing my naps between damage bursts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

i played this as a child too. in hindsight not so good.

https://twitter.com/ArcadePosting/status/1685474825312067584?s=20

That's Brace Belden in the suit

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I suspect at that age she was not clever enough to clear the torture chamber level but children have surprised me before

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
a broken twitter embed and brace belden in a suit are the worst context possible

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Cuttlefush posted:

a broken twitter embed and brace belden in a suit are the worst context possible

alt text: a photo of a young girl playing the arcade game Chiller. Brace Belden in a suit walks by in the foreground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvvTh3cU8Ms&t=49s

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cuttlefush posted:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
comparing pictures and that doesnt look like brace belden at all

also jesus kids should not play tjhat game

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
never heard of the game it can't be as bad a-- jesus christ

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scaG05xsN_Y

73023_3rd
Jul 31, 2023
100% of 2023 video games getting blocked by the Censorship Committee

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

comparing pictures and that doesnt look like brace belden at all

also jesus kids should not play tjhat game

It's Brace Belden, he just looks different because he's not wearing glasses.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Killed gwyn, truly sick endgame boss. having to walk to it repeatedly tho....

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

How and why did we suddenly get a ton of great games all dropping in the same year like this we haven't seen this many games across so many genres all scoring high.

Indies, big studios, RTS games returning, a plethora of turn-based and RPGs, fighting games, Nintendo releasing everything but a new Metroid Prime(lol), Horror games that aren't all the same formula, rhythm games that are also shooters or platformers or both, a game about speed running pizzas and their towers.

What happened? Did the pandemic just get people to hold off on releasing games and now we are drowning in staggered releases?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

evilmiera posted:

What happened? Did the pandemic just get people to hold off on releasing games and now we are drowning in staggered releases?

yup

I'm looking at 2021 in game releases and basically nothing came out. Loop Hero. Monster Hunter Rise. Humankind? Diablo 2 Resurrected. Age of Empires 4? almost everything else is just ports to other platforms and "ultimate edition" re-releases.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

Killed gwyn, truly sick endgame boss. having to walk to it repeatedly tho....

Im awful at Dark Souls and somehow got him on the first try. In comparison it took me like 30 to get Artorias.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Cool dog

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
age of empires 4 was trying way too hard

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

yup

I'm looking at 2021 in game releases and basically nothing came out. Loop Hero. Monster Hunter Rise. Humankind? Diablo 2 Resurrected. Age of Empires 4? almost everything else is just ports to other platforms and "ultimate edition" re-releases.

The case to be made for edging.

But yeah please do more of this games industry, just throw out like fifty great or cool games in the span of a few months.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

age of empires 4 was trying way too hard

I learned enough of it to get decent at it and I realized it wasn't actually different enough from AOE2 that I shouldn't just go back to play that instead

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good morning. One of the leakers had some info last night.
https://twitter.com/iFireMonkey/status/1685800200848183297?t=v7AZWGI7O0BGq8XcvfZQiQ&s=19

This is one of the collabs I think could be fun if they went silly with it.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1686001617299283969 backwards compatibility? on a new Nintendo console that will sell out instantly regardless??

lol nah

quote:

some third-party publishers are said to have expressed concern that legacy support for Switch games could negatively affect sales of next-gen titles
Ubisoft bastards

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Grey Fox posted:

some third-party publishers are said to have expressed concern that legacy support for Switch games could negatively affect sales of next-gen titles

oh gently caress off

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I bought my switch for bayo 3 and smt5 and just pirated both a week before launch anyway and they both kinda sucked

Hades was good on it, so was Fifa 18, I guess those are my fav switch games

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

no bleach. 0/10. maybe next season, fornite.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i need you all to see this:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Lib and let die posted:

i need you all to see this:

scorn 2 looking good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Grey Fox posted:

backwards compatibility? on a new Nintendo console that will sell out instantly regardless??

lol nah

Lol nintendo and nintendorks. They will gobble this poo poo up. Yes I would enjoy rebuy all of these games for the 10th time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

eh I could believe the switch successor would be backwards compatible, especially since they've done that with every handheld

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

I bought my switch for bayo 3 and smt5 and just pirated both a week before launch anyway and they both kinda sucked

Hades was good on it, so was Fifa 18, I guess those are my fav switch games

I bounced off of bayonetta 3 at first but i gave it another shot and i actually like it a lot after getting past the wall of lovely cutscenes at the beginning. It's well tuned combat and it's consistently doing novel things like giving you a bunch of weapon/demon options or the 2d jeanne game. Then i got the power where bayonetta turns into a train centaur so now I'm hooked

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
The switch successor gets "leaked" every other month since the launch of the Switch itself so believe it when you see it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Junkozeyne posted:

The switch successor gets "leaked" every other month since the launch of the Switch itself so believe it when you see it

thinking about all those switch pro leaks....

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 13 minutes!
They have to make another Mario Kart 8 for this new Switch

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I think we should stop making new console generations and just live with what with have. Focus on making good game sinstead.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

I think we should stop making new console generations and just live with what with have. Focus on making good game sinstead.

does the ps5 have a single good exclusive yet

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

my bony fealty posted:

demons souls

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

my bony fealty posted:

was gonna say Ratchet and Clank, but that just got released on the PC lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

my bony fealty posted:

Who cares.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'll probably snap up the switch 2 asap because 1) there's no way the early models don't get cracked early as hell again, and 2) It’s going to have a bunch of exclusive I want.

Judging from how this generation shook out I'd be pretty safe skipping everything else since most of the important poo poo comes to the PC anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

my bony fealty posted:

returnal, demons souls, ff16