Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Maybe the tornado could team up with an earthquake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Finally the Tremors/Twister crossover everyone has always wanted

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nowadays you would get a totally-grounded tornado film akin to Twister, except for the reveal would be at the end the tornado(s) are causes by a Marvel or DC supervillain in a post-credits sting.

That would be stupid. Tornadoes are not grounded, they are in the Air

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Tornados and volcanos ftw

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Macaluso posted:

Finally the Tremors/Twister crossover everyone has always wanted

I would pay to see Sharknado-but-Graboids

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nowadays you would get a totally-grounded tornado film akin to Twister, except for the reveal would be at the end the tornado(s) are causes by a Marvel or DC supervillain in a post-credits sting.

no, it'd be a cloud coming into the bar where the tornado from the movie is having a drink and saying "I'd like to talk to you about the Weather Initiative", and then the next film is about some rain.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That reminded me of M Night Shamalayan's Split, which ended up being a backdoor sequel to Unbreakable with Bruce Willis randomly popping up as an post-credit stinger. Unfortunately it led to the mess that was Glass.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

endocriminologist posted:

end credits scene has the Volcano talking to the Tornado

“Only one man I know of can stop us. We crossed paths in the 90s, and it’s only fair you know what we could be up against.”

Tosses Tornado a folder labelled JOE.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Nuns with Guns posted:

That's going to be dire but I'm more concerned about Mattel eyeballing the American Girl Doll line. Not because I think those are unadaptable or anything. They're perfectly adaptable and already made movies for a few of them. I'm wondering now if they'll look at how they've got a whole line of pre-established characters and try to do some absurd time-traveling crossover event with all of them. The American Girl Doll Cinematic Universe.

Oh no no no

None of us are ready for Pleasant Rowland to be notable at a national level. Forget whatever qualities the movie may have this is the monster to fear

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Pants Donkey posted:

end credits scene has the Volcano talking to the Tornado

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The film you may be looking for is Moonfall (2022)

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Anything with an ensemble cast and spinoff movies is an expanded universe.

Clerks is an expanded universe

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Assepoester posted:

Never forget

A shame we never got, I dunno, Triple H saying the hierarchy in the Dark Universe is about to change.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Solar Tornado posted:

Anything with an ensemble cast and spinoff movies is an expanded universe.

Clerks is an expanded universe

This isn't news.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
SuperMega apology videos just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TakTLyaaBAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyOxdRQDlzc

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Based on the thumbnails: guilty.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Fil5000 posted:

he is indeed a nepo baby and will walk out of interviews if anyone brings up anything in the ball park of that. Also it's very funny that he's only 29 but the movie does indeed make him look like he's in his mid 40s, poor guy.

I will personally never forgive Dear Evan Hanson for winning, at the very least, all the music Tony's over Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812. Dave Malloy losing out to loving pop radio darlings Pasek and Paul makes me rabid. Especially after listening to Dave Malloy's other shows.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tornadoes are just volcanoes of air. think about it

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyhI1pTb2jw

Ohey a video about tv shows that is not 7 hours long and still finds time to address one sexual allegation case when its relevant.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

DeafNote posted:

Ohey a video about tv shows that is not 7 hours long and still finds time to address one sexual allegation case when its relevant.

Watching this video in the wake of current strikes and really understanding how easy it is to just, exploit everyone in this pipeline because it's so cheap kinda made me realize, hey maybe (alongside keeping kids as far the gently caress away from it as possible) having a union for reality tv isn't a bad idea actually?

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/bethenny-frankel-reality-union-strike-1235674531/

It's a win-win for everyone, better working conditions for people on these shows, and much less reality tv than usual because now they'd have to actually pay them.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://youtu.be/BDuITB5mDKk?si=Qr6NWmlKdL9VCrud
An absolutely bonkers food review video.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

holy poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This guy understands content :buddy:

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Joe understands the assignment.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

I'm two minutes in and I'm in awe :magical:

edit: THE loving KNIFE??

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 31, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lol.

There are random numbers flashing up on the monitor next to him near the beginning. This better not be an ARG.

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Tom Nicholas video about the rise of the grift economy and how it serves as a mirror to what's been going on with the platform provider industry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bq3SdfzcA4

DeafNote posted:

A good video. It also makes me nostalgic for my earliest encounters with TLC before it went full trash: It was a Canadian true crime show called Exhibit A: Secrets of Forensic Science, with Graham Greene as the host. While in hindsight it probably had many of the same problems a lot of true crime stuff has in general, it seemed to make a conscious effort to highlight cases perpetrated against Canadian indigenous people.

KingKalamari fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 31, 2023

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

DaysBefore posted:

Underrail owns

It deserves a bigger audience.

Genthil
Sep 24, 2007

:five:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

This whole video is perfect but from the can slide at 5:43 to the cut at 6:08 is double perfect including him holding that face and not using a freeze frame.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dare you to find a food review more unhinged than this that isn’t the Joeysworldtour Burger King asmr review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-pQXDAOTFE

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Speaking about Food: New Brutalmoose food video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDGDqaBy-GI

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

This is insane lol, 65 year old man with the energy of a TikTok video

CelticPredator posted:

I dare you to find a food review more unhinged than this that isn’t the Joeysworldtour Burger King asmr review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-pQXDAOTFE

But this is on a whole other level. Amazing

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

DaysBefore posted:

This is insane lol, 65 year old man with the energy of a TikTok video

Joe is Hungry is a treasure. Just don't give him anything spicier than mayo

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Happy Landfill posted:

I've already read an article about it and they're describing it sort of like Bill & Ted, I guess? So some sort of Time-Travel crossover? :shrug:

I don't know, I feel like this whole Mattel thing is going to go over like when Disney was making movies after rides; the first one is really good and the follow-up will be a complete failure. I feel like they're going to try really hard to capture what made Barbie good an successful and the answer is that it was a well-made movie made by someone who really cared about what she was making. Same with Pirates, which was just a good movie in it's own right.

Although they're having another go at Haunted Mansion, so what do I know?

:negative:

On the plus side, Hasbro didn't manage to get anything going in the gold rush after Transformers kicked off. And they sure tried between that GI Joe movie, Jem and the Holograms, Ouija, and.... loving Battleship.

Grassy Knowles posted:

Oh no no no

None of us are ready for Pleasant Rowland to be notable at a national level. Forget whatever qualities the movie may have this is the monster to fear

I forgot the original creator of the American Girl franchise is named "Pleasant Rowland"...

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack
Honestly I'm most interested/concerned by the movies they apparently have in the pipeline for UNO, Viewmaster and Magic 8-Ball. At least Polly Pocket and American Girl have characters associated with them, how do you make a tie-in movie about a fake billiard ball you shake and it tells your fortune?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Nuns with Guns posted:

I forgot the original creator of the American Girl franchise is named "Pleasant Rowland"...

That is a Suda51-rear end name for a real person to have. That's the name of a mid-game No More Heroes boss who's Quaker themed or something.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

see, now i thought that mattel release timeline was just a marvel phase 2 joke.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

KingKalamari posted:

Honestly I'm most interested/concerned by the movies they apparently have in the pipeline for UNO, Viewmaster and Magic 8-Ball. At least Polly Pocket and American Girl have characters associated with them, how do you make a tie-in movie about a fake billiard ball you shake and it tells your fortune?

Horror movie. Full length version of that twilight zone episode where the dude can't leave the diner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Ghostlight posted:

see, now i thought that mattel release timeline was just a marvel phase 2 joke.

We have such sights to show you.