Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Harminoff posted:

Wanted to share a game I found and shared in the clicker thread but wanted to bring here.

Tingus goose!

It is a clicker game, however the art direction is pretty cool. It also has a merge component which makes it a pretty neat puzzle as well. Here is me hitting a quad merge!

And here is a trailer

https://youtu.be/DF06x-hFFUM

Link: https://g.co/kgs/6uKvo7

What the gently caress?

Edit: in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That sure looks like a weird idle game, alright!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
What a beautiful game where everybody is happy.

Nothing strange here. Nope.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Harminoff posted:

Wanted to share a game I found and shared in the clicker thread but wanted to bring here.

Tingus goose!

It is a clicker game, however the art direction is pretty cool. It also has a merge component which makes it a pretty neat puzzle as well. Here is me hitting a quad merge!

And here is a trailer

What the christ, this is an immediate install

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wow what the gently caress this game is a lot of fun

Also disgusting

explosivo fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 30, 2023

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
You found a slice of bread! Now you can poop!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You guys really don't follow that artist on Instagram? That game is entirely cribbed from his animations there, which are incredible and many. Username is mastertingus.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Thank you for sharing the body horror idle game. It's a nice contrast to WITH.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

That game is truly insane and disgusting and I love it. Is there any idea of when the final release/progress reset will be?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

VelociBacon posted:

You guys really don't follow that artist on Instagram?

I mean, I know what Instagram _is_. That's about it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

VelociBacon posted:

You guys really don't follow that artist on Instagram?

Nope. I don't do Facebook. If Zuck wants my info, he's gonna have to get it like everyone else does: Buy it from Google.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Harminoff posted:

Tingus goose!

And here is a trailer

Holy poo poo.

Yeah slamming install immediately.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
This game is a lot of fun but I still mentally WTF at every new animation

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
It reminds me of that mutant cat game from years ago, it has that same hand drawn line art style.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Battle Cats or something, I remember what you're talking about.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The geese being weird and creepy are one thing but the whole birth imagery is something where you need to make sure someone is cool before you show it to them.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

My fifth game of LBAL ended up outpacing the rent. I didn't get a screenshot before I ended up guilloting myself, but I ended up with two of those seed spawning items, three Mrs. Fruits at over +1000, and a whole mess of cats at x20, among other things.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

How do essences get enabled on this version? I haven't played the steam version in ages.

blindidiotgod
Jan 9, 2005

Makes me miss the alpaca evolution game

Silius
Apr 24, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

How do essences get enabled on this version? I haven't played the steam version in ages.

Win 6 games or reach floor 7.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

It was me. :shobon: I really appreciate people coming back to say you still play it and enjoy it. It's so chill and I watched their first anniversary stream or something back in the day and the devs seemed chill too.

I stopped playing because I had literally done everything at one point but now I'm wondering if I should reinstall. Sounds like they're still updating with interesting content.

Thank you very much! Since I last played a while ago, an expanded profile system was added and in-game avatar cosmetics are now available. They've recently added Tournaments where people can compete against each other for a high score. It seems to occupy newbies and end game people. The sideboards (Sports party and the ilk) went through a few redesigns and there are now three separate themes that I can see (I definitely never paid attention to this, especially when it wasn't a sideboard and gobbled up my board space). There was an update last week that added an entire new zone as well. So you should definitely give it a reinstall! I got my brother hooked on this recently as well thanks to me coming back to this game.

Harminoff posted:

Tingus goose!

Been playing this as well thanks to the Idle thread. It's unhinged and fun.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

blindidiotgod posted:

Makes me miss the alpaca evolution game

Holy carp I forgot about that dumb fun game! Those were some weird, fun times…

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

My goose game bugged out, and now I'm just in a blue void and I can't do anything. A pity to restart, but I only put like a day or two into it.

Beta testing!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Man, LBAL changes completely once you get over the level 6 hump. Essences almost make it too easy. I spent days on 6 only to breeze through 7.

(I may eat those words down the road..)

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

New Leaf posted:

Man, LBAL changes completely once you get over the level 6 hump. Essences almost make it too easy. I spent days on 6 only to breeze through 7.

(I may eat those words down the road..)

I was going to say that it seems to still just be luck, but I also have been going a bit faster. I attributed that to having learned a lot about what works and what doesn't though. But maybe it is essences

I will say essences make it so much more fun cause if all the wacky poo poo you can do to win. At some point during floor 10 I decided to do a chicken run and I ended up winning with 200 symbols; most of them chickens, eggs, or chicks.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I'm at floor 16, and it's challenging. There are runs that simply can't get started due to a lack of early pull synergy, and there are runs that start well enough but don't earn quite enough or drown under fine print in the end stages and fall JUUUUUST short of victory.

whiskas
May 30, 2005
I'm normally not a fan of idle games, but returning after a few hours to watch the pregnant lady lift her legs and simultaneously poo poo out several dozen turds while her supporting partner holds her hand with a :unsmith: on his face.

SO. SATISFYING.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's pretty satisfying tinkering with your setup and trying to get the perfect chain going. It's also fun when you accidentally stumble on one that works really well. The taller the tree (?) goes the more room there is for combos and I'm quickly realizing that these things can merge a whole lot more than I expected, plus I now have a "ChamberOfImmortality" that rebirths the 4x merge (Elder?) as a blue baby Tingus that brings in a ton of money and then can then also merge with other blue baby Tinguses. I'm just about to be done with stage 6 and I feel like it's only going to get busier. Game's great.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah I love that it's pretty much a living breating puzzle game. Jumping in every few hours to see what new items I got and trying to arrange them optimily is scratching an itch that other idle games haven't for me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm trying to find some games about building stuff but I can't find anything decent.
Merge Mayor was fine, but the very aggressive freemium bullshit was pissing me off.
Pocket City 1/2 are great but I always played them a whole bunch and they also were quite a bit too easy.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

I'm trying to find some games about building stuff but I can't find anything decent.
Merge Mayor was fine, but the very aggressive freemium bullshit was pissing me off.

Yeah that's my issue with it as well, along with other games in that space. I understand that by most standards the cash shop less required to play the game, and that it's more generous with free currency, but it's not fun if it's constantly shoving it in your face either. I'm totally in favor of games with "pay x dollars to turn off ads and shop stuff forever" option, but the publisher and I both know that they make a lot more money by stringing the cash shop on a hook through the entire playtime than if it was a one time purchase.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I don’t think quite what you are looking for because unfortunately I don’t think it exists, but maybe check out Paragon Pioneers. I think there’s a free demo version for the first island.

Standingstoic
Jan 17, 2007
Out of the blue, beyond any cause you can trace, you'll suddenly realize things are not how you perceived them at all. For some reason, you will no longer be the person you believed you once were.

Jack Trades posted:

Kinda tangentially related here, but Concrete Jungle is a card-based game about community building. Don't see it get mentioned too much, but it's a very polished experience with some nice art.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hand Row posted:

I don’t think quite what you are looking for because unfortunately I don’t think it exists, but maybe check out Paragon Pioneers. I think there’s a free demo version for the first island.

drat I was thinking of mentioning this one too haha. I haven't played it in a while but didn't love how multi island trading worked in Paragon Pioneers, it got a bit too unwieldy once you had a couple islands going. Unlike Anno you have to wait hours for ships to arrive in PP so it didn't seem feasible to have islands regularly supplying other islands with goods like you would in Anno.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Some kind of streamlined Anno game on the phone would be nice.

I'd totally play Anno 2205 again on my phone.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jack Trades posted:

Some kind of streamlined Anno game on the phone would be nice.

I'd totally play Anno 2205 again on my phone.

That is sorta what Paragon Pioneers is but like I said there's mobile game-ification stuff in there that I don't think works well once you ramp things up. That said it's been over a year since i've played so maybe that's all changed or improved. The free demo version should give you an idea of if it's something you'd want to continue. At least there's no ads or anything with the paid version which is always a plus.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Is there anything that's like, you make a team of little dudes and watch them fight stuff, but they're running around and going places. Idk. Summoners War is just FF parties fighting, Ever Legion has a little bit of positioning but its limited. I guess I'm looking for like a DOTA but you just watch your bots fight, something between an autochess and a dota

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

explosivo posted:

drat I was thinking of mentioning this one too haha. I haven't played it in a while but didn't love how multi island trading worked in Paragon Pioneers, it got a bit too unwieldy once you had a couple islands going. Unlike Anno you have to wait hours for ships to arrive in PP so it didn't seem feasible to have islands regularly supplying other islands with goods like you would in Anno.

It definitely would get unwieldy but from what I remember it wasn’t really an issue because doing multi island hops with a ship wasn’t worth it. Having your main island just receive everything was the way to go, even if you had empty ships sailing back. I know Paragon Pioneers 2 is in alpha but I haven’t heard of any new mechanics yet that would necessitate spoke islands needing trade dependencies yet. I do know some of the trading mechanics have been tweaked along with qol stuff with the UI so maybe that will result in new strategic approaches.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Go RV! posted:

My goose game bugged out, and now I'm just in a blue void and I can't do anything. A pity to restart, but I only put like a day or two into it.

Beta testing!

Yeah mine won't let me scroll up to the top of my goose, it's weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Pocket City 1/2 are great but I always played them a whole bunch and they also were quite a bit too easy.

Everdale used to scratch the build itch for me until the forced city multiplayer thing turned me off. Also the game died. Haven't found a casual progression game that isn't scummy with ads and timer since.