Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dexo posted:

Prooobably, if only for an audition for another team.

Isn't he supposed to be back around like week 5 or 6?

googling says no time table so idk

i realize the tier thing is aggregated talent opinion nonsense but if i had to draft a qb to play for my team this season i would go through every healthy qb before i considered him

like i fully recognize my team's qb, tannehill, is squarely a kirk cousins rear end qb, and tier 3 is probably appropriate since he depends on a run game, but gimme a break on some of these dudes.

also yeah mahomes should be in a higher class than currently injured joe burrow, josh allen or the ghost of aaron rodgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I dunno, whenever I've seen Kyler play he's been pretty good.

Obviously an ACL might gently caress his elusiveness, which for him would be bad. But I generally like what I've seen from Kyler.

Maybe I'm being lenient because I consider Kliff Kingsbury to be one of the hackieset hacks to ever hack. And Kyler had that albatross around his neck.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dexo posted:

That seems way too optimistic

Kyler blew his knee out in December and he does not seem as an elite rehabber type

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Murray is good, but not great. The entire team around him was horrible though.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

bows1 posted:

I guess true about Love but just because hes an unknown doesnt mean that he automatically jumps above those guys. He could really suck and flame out too...

A boat's a boat, but the mystery box could be anything!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Dexo posted:

I don't think there's anything concrete out there. He got hurt very late in the year. You can certainly argue that they SHOULDN'T play him and tank for Caleb Williams, maybe roll him out there the last couple weeks with the #1 pick locked up to audition for a trade. But that also assumes 1) you can move him and his huge rear end contract, and 2) that a team will willingly and completely tank. The coaches and players just want to win games, see the Texans last year lmbo.

Dexo posted:

The Bucs are a pretty decent situation. But their quarterbacks are rear end.

shirts and skins posted:

The Geno blurb was basically, "this is one of the biggest year to year jumps we've measured; he needs to do it for more than one year to be tier 2." Which I think is fair.

The hopium case for the Bucs is that they hired "the QB coach who fixed Geno" as their OC. The reality case is that if the dude can consistently turn scrap heap vets into top 10 performers he is a magical unicorn who teams should be paying the $30 mil a year they're saving on quarterbacks

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kyler is acting like he's starting week 1.

He will probably start week 4.

He's very reliant on athleticism and his line won't protect him from interior pass rush. That's why he rolls out every play. His deep ball is pretty good. He can't throw short routes. I think it's less drastic than with say Justin Fields, but Murray has been in the league longer. It's partially because he's been stuck in the Kliff experiment

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
There isn't anyone in that Tier 3 list aside from Daniel Jones where I would go "yeah give me Jordan Love" instead

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Kyler's quality on field is correlated to the distance in time since the release of the latest call of duty type game.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Speaking of Kliff...

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1686005457951858688?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It seems like most teams oscillate between hardasses and player-friendly coaches to try to correct for the previous coach's failings.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Strong "New Assistant Manager at Applebee's" vibe there.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Did Gannon get rid of the pingpong table? The Xbox in the break room?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All boomboxes need to be tuned to classic rock and no higher than 3 on the volume knob

All players get a max of two water breaks per day

First place in conditioning drill gets the starting job. Second place gets a set of steak knives. Third place is you're loving fired.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Did Gannon get rid of the pingpong table? The Xbox in the break room?

See that's why Kyler wants out

Gannon should be trying to run Phoenix on Coughlin Time, I'm sure that's why they were bad last year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oof

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1686061739295621128?s=20

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Forrest on Fire posted:

Kyler is acting like he's starting week 1.

He will probably start week 4.

He's very reliant on athleticism and his line won't protect him from interior pass rush. That's why he rolls out every play. His deep ball is pretty good. He can't throw short routes. I think it's less drastic than with say Justin Fields, but Murray has been in the league longer. It's partially because he's been stuck in the Kliff experiment

He doesn't have to roll out every play, that's a specific offense ran in Oklahoma for Baker and Kyler that Kliff brought to the NFL. If you run mesh and have an athletic QB the passing window opens up more if your QB can roll out to the side of the field he wants to throw to. Baker's career fell off a cliff when he got a ton of injuries and started taking more hits doing his rollout thing which is a cause of concern for Kyler.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also Zach Moss broke his arm

leverage for Taylor maybe?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

He doesn't have to roll out every play, that's a specific offense ran in Oklahoma for Baker and Kyler that Kliff brought to the NFL. If you run mesh and have an athletic QB the passing window opens up more if your QB can roll out to the side of the field he wants to throw to. Baker's career fell off a cliff when he got a ton of injuries and started taking more hits doing his rollout thing which is a cause of concern for Kyler.

This is the type of offense the Bucs are installing (from Seattle) so I guess the goal here is to finish Baker off completely.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

joe football posted:

That quote from some NFL man really excited for mahomes to play like an old man is gross

Mahomes and old men - letting their balls hang out in the air

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

Also Zach Moss broke his arm

leverage for Taylor maybe?

Maybe a little but they drafted Evan Hull and Deon Jackson did well last year. I don't think it moves the needle much

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Colts can play as hardball with Taylor as they want it seems. He really has no recourse.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

The Colts can play as hardball with Taylor as they want it seems. He really has no recourse.

Yep. Even if Taylor's great this year? They just franchise him and offer him an insulting deal that's just the FT + garbage.

He's got no leverage, the Colts will control him until he's almost certainly busted and lucky to get $4m a year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Update on Tim Patrick, Payton says it's an Achilles injury. Awful luck for that guy.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
drat, he’s doing the Sterling Shepard speed run.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

King Hong Kong posted:

That interview was pure apologia for Wilson and you should re-read it. The reason, according to Payton, he was bad was the bad coaching and the “20 dirty hands” not that he himself had “hit the wall.” Likewise, he explicitly blamed everyone else (and specifically not Wilson) for deferring to Wilson’s use of personal trainers, which is laughable.

“It wasn’t just Russell.”

“But everybody’s got a little stink on their hands. It’s not just Russell.”

He’s literally saying that Wilson sucked but there was also plenty of suck to go around and blaming all of it on Wilson is stupid. He’s 100% correct. Hackett was in way over his head and everyone on the offense looked terrible.

Wilson isn’t the player he used to be but he didn’t turn into the worst starter in the league over one offseason without a lot of help.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jesus Christ, that poor guy

an Achilles is absolutely brutal too

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1686092630608789510?s=20

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Wilson isn’t the player he used to be but he didn’t turn into the worst starter in the league over one offseason without a lot of help.
I'm sure Russ will be back to his old self and be full healed by the mere presence of Sean Payton.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1686098717542084608

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Denver WRs the most cursed position in the NFL

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm sure Russ will be back to his old self and be full healed by the mere presence of Sean Payton.

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/1686098717542084608

His old self was streaky as hell his last few years in Seattle so he could be back to his old self and still kinda suck for stretches of the year. But if they can actually get plays in on time and not commit an insane amount of pre snap penalties and the offensive line actually knows their assignments that would probably help.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hackett was in way over his head and everyone on the offense looked terrible.

Everyone's to blame, but the scheme was what got to me. Even if everyone's playing at an all pro level that offense wasn't going to be more than middle of the pack.

And...of course since everyone will never play at an all pro level on a team it ended up being a complete disaster, but I do think it started with the scheme.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

But if they can actually get plays in on time and not commit an insane amount of pre snap penalties and the offensive line actually knows their assignments that would probably help.
From what I've read, and Seahawks fans can probably confirm, is Wilson has always had issues with pre-snap penalties. It just might just be him that's the problem.

Sports Illustrated posted:

Where the Seahawks really need to emphasize speed is in avoiding unnecessary pre-snap penalties and premature timeouts, something they've long struggled with under Carroll. Getting to the line of scrimmage and snapping the ball in a timely manner has been a problem, particularly after explosive plays or chaotic moments.
---
In 2020, they finished as the seventh-worst team in the NFL with 40 pre-snap penalties, including five delay-of-games—tied for fifth-most with seven other teams. Tyler Lockett has hinted at this being an area of focus in Waldron's offense, using the term "faster huddle" to describe the biggest change he's seen under the new play-caller.

The ability to fix these woes doesn't just fall on the shoulders of Waldron, Carroll and the rest of Seattle's coaching staff, however. Wilson is just as much at fault for the team's reputation of shooting itself in the foot. If he doesn't get better before the snap, the Seahawks' desires to boast an efficiently quick offense will never come to fruition.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Speaking of young wrs and since people have asked about jalin Hyatt in this thread before, he's running with the Giants 1's the past few days and looks great. He's also topped 24mph multiple times thus far in shorts

He's caught at least one bomb touchdown every day but is also adding in actual routes

https://twitter.com/giants/status/1686040070581612544?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1685694181618946048?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

Gotta love training camp hype season

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
In Buffalo news: Ken Dorsey decided it would be smart, on first day of pads, to run a trick play where Allen plays wide receiver. Despite wearing a red shirt, Taron Johnson managed to wipe him out. Allen was slow to get up and was (hopefully) just winded.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Iodised QQ posted:

Speaking of young wrs and since people have asked about jalin Hyatt in this thread before, he's running with the Giants 1's the past few days and looks great. He's also topped 24mph multiple times thus far in shorts

He's caught at least one bomb touchdown every day but is also adding in actual routes

https://twitter.com/giants/status/1686040070581612544?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1685694181618946048?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

Gotta love training camp hype season

Crown me and never doubt any of my draft opinions nothing else before or after this moment matters

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
As long as we're overreacting to camp,

https://twitter.com/Sam_Phalen/status/1686035683796783105

Watch out, Patrick Mahomes.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Pablo Bluth posted:

In Buffalo news: Ken Dorsey decided it would be smart, on first day of pads, to run a trick play where Allen plays wide receiver. Despite wearing a red shirt, Taron Johnson managed to wipe him out. Allen was slow to get up and was (hopefully) just winded.

Hell I'm impressed a CB made such an effective solo tackle on Josh Allen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

From what I've read, and Seahawks fans can probably confirm, is Wilson has always had issues with pre-snap penalties. It just might just be him that's the problem.

Seattle was actually worse than Denver in pre-snap penalties last year. They were second from the bottom. They had 25 false starts in 2022 vs 14 in 2021. Some of that was breaking in new OL but Russ had plenty of issues with that too.

It’s a small sample size but Denver averaged 7.13 penalties a game with Hackett in charge and that dropped to 3 for the final two games after he got canned.