Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Omori kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

pentyne posted:

that whole flame out was so confusing i can't even figure out what the final straw was for cinci other then getting wrapped up in the Fritz missing the PMs from the doxxing ukraine thread freak.

Fritz was a cause of a really bad situation not acted on fast enough but also like, you get some insane ukraine war megaposter filling your inbox you aren't going to want to look at it right before bed.

Getting caught out going back and editing posts to cover for cinci, that was a step on rake moment that literally everyone could see wasn't acceptable, and even now there's the occasional mod editing out posts trying to be funny somehow and not getting that you do not loving do that it's like the giant red warning sign that is the first thing you see.

cinci was having a multi-stage meltdown and seemed like he was clinically incapable of apologizing or backing down, or even something mild like "sorry, I didn't didn't know about that or realize how that would be taken, I'll retract that." Like I said something to the effect of "people are upset because the list compiling thing is reminding them of the time some lunatics made a list of 'every potential FYAD nazi alt' that ended up having more trans people on it than FYAD alts."

So then he started going "OH SO NOW I'M A TRANSPHOBE?!? THIS ALLEGATION IS BEYOND THE PALE AND i WILL NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS" and it became all about his feelings as a party who was definitely not a transphobe being definitely equated with one and now he doesn't have to listen to what anyone was saying because clearly everyone is a bad faith actor. It even made it into his bye bye post:

cinci zoo sniper posted:

the illustrious moderation of qcs still saw me likened to a serial transphobe for doing maths, going into a subsequent crescendo of this being equated to Radia getting doxxed. without these nuclear comparisons seeking to drive me off the website, we could've talked more about it.

I don't think he's directly talking about me there, but after a point he just completely lost the plot and everything congealed into some vague conspiracy persecuting him in particular.

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 31, 2023

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

cinci had always posted like that

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Terrible Opinions posted:

I agree that he was always poo poo

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

imo only after he was modded

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sally posted:

Shoji Meguro is probably my fav VGM composer. his work on the SMT series really defined the entire franchise for me. the two Digital Devil Sagas are probably my fav work of his. jazzy rock guitar is my favourite kind of rpg music as it turns out.

DDS deserves a remaster

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'd only seen Cinci post a handful of times before the big meltdown, and each one was in a D&D thread that had run just fine without mods paying attention to them, him rolling in to lay down the law in response to some report or other, and being told to gently caress off by the whole thread.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sally posted:

Shoji Meguro is probably my fav VGM composer. his work on the SMT series really defined the entire franchise for me. the two Digital Devil Sagas are probably my fav work of his. jazzy rock guitar is my favourite kind of rpg music as it turns out.

Meguro is working on an extremely budget rear end looking tactical shooter game that'll be on steam now...Can't wait to hear the ost for it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1801140/Guns_Undarkness/

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DDS deserves a remaster

hell yeah

meguro does a lot more, too, than the great poo poo in SMT. P3/4/5 all have very very different styles and are all great

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'd only seen Cinci post a handful of times before the big meltdown, and each one was in a D&D thread that had run just fine without mods paying attention to them, him rolling in to lay down the law in response to some report or other, and being told to gently caress off by the whole thread.

my favourite czs was saying that SA's resident spook was allowed to aggressively self-promote here because of his large twitter following which is why some dude repeatedly posting his manifesto in D&D kept getting banned

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
every time a current or ex-D&D mod posted in QCS/SAD they came off as either thousand-yard-stare level of bitter (which, fair) or completely insane in that "posting insane poo poo in perfect D&D syntax and grammar" way

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

mods, please rename me bohunk horseman, tia.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It's weird cause his avatar was a cute Maple Story mushroom you'd think he'd be happy and congenial

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

every time a current or ex-D&D mod posted in QCS/SAD they came off as either thousand-yard-stare level of bitter (which, fair) or completely insane in that "posting insane poo poo in perfect D&D syntax and grammar" way

my first exposure to czs as a poster was an argument in qcs about how having buttons should be considered lower stakes in general and he went hard to bat for mod-dom being a sacred right and privilege, which is funny considering how it ended for him

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DDS deserves a remaster

after Nocturne got a remaster I've been holding out hope.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Late to VG music chat but this song goes way harder than it has any right to for being in a Picross game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYZ4Quh5fOg

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sally posted:

after Nocturne got a remaster I've been holding out hope.

in a perfect world they would remaster the Raidou games with a whole new combat engine like Vanillaware did with Odin Sphere

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

one of my favorite mini-saga types is "goon whose reputation is so bad they can't even sell poo poo on SA-mart"

MuadDib Atreides posted:

The Pleasured Gentleman's Gaming Experience by Nom Epique

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a boutique experience. White glove and nothing less. Penny pinchers, scroungers, and clout chasers are thusly excluded at the seller's discretion.

Hello Folks!!! Raise your hand if you're ready for Bethesda's smash hit STARFIELD coming to XBOX SERIES X September 6!!!
And what better way to get ready than a fully outfitted XBOX SERIES X in Dazzling 4K!!!!!!!!!!! WIth the coveted top of the line ASTRO A50 Headset, no less? Gaming with a friend? Fret not, as no less than two pristine controllers are included. Fresh batteries to be placed the moment before shipment.
But ah, what to do on those long commutes? Perhaps rushing and dashing through Hyrule on an OLED switch tickles your fancy? We have that covered as well

Its no secret that B is tightening the noose. With student loan repayments set to start this October, the nom epique lifestyle must continue. The coppin aint stoppin. As such, I am LIQUIDATING ALL VIDEO GAMES!

I am new to SA mart and selling online. As such, there will need to be discussion of how payment and shipping can best be done. Preferebly discreetly for both parties. Lest we forget the cardinal rule: shan't dox. We can discuss methods of payment and shipment in thread. Or particularly interested parties are welcome to cop me plat to discuss via PM.

This is an open boutique experience prices, packages, parting things out, etc. can be discussed freely in the thread. I may be open to certain combos and not others. In a place such as this, it never hurts to ask.

And now onto the Feature Presentation

--------PACKAGE: Unfortunately, due to difficulty and not being worth the time to sell these items individually, these items must be copped as a package:
XBOX SERIES X -
Loaded with: Diablo 4, COD MWII (I will erase my data prior to shipment. To my understanding these games will remain licensed on the console-this is a discussion we can have)
A ($640) value by my math
ASTRO A50 HEADSET
Initially copped for a cool 3 benjamins ($300), and from which I have personally streamed to great pleasure
EXTRA CONTROLLER IN STUNNING WHITE
a ($55) value

Original boxes on lock. except the controllor

I am thinking this whole little number can go for a cool Eight Benjamins ($800), though my heart and ears are open
----------------------------------------------------

OLED SWITCH
on which is loaded:
Mario Tennis
Mario Kart,
Animal Crossing
(I will erase my data but thinking these can stay on somehow?)
(a $600 something value by my math)

Unfortunately the box is not on lock. (As such the lucky copper will receive it in an "on" portable case. a $14 value by my math)

I am thinking this little number will start the bidding at a cool $320, pending I am able to erase my data without deleting the games

INDIVIDUAL GAMES

These are to be sold at my digression in a way that will not waste my time. For example I will not spend my time individually shipping tony hawk pro skater. Name a price and please be sensible

-The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-Kirby and the Forgotten Land
-Splatoon 3
-Octopath Traveler II
-Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 and 2 (remastered for your pleasure)

All confirmed buyers will receive the absolute finest white glove experience, Regular communication with regards to the progress of their purchase, and of course a personal handwritten message from Nom Epique.

see also: worms butthole guy and his niche video game stuff, Doom Bathroom guy and his bedazzled ankle socks

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

in a perfect world they would remaster the Raidou games with a whole new combat engine like Vanillaware did with Odin Sphere

that would rule because the Raidou games were the only PS2 SMT games i missed. the tiny game shop in the town i grew up in managed to bring in every other game but those

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

ace attorney ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=093VR-LJ6H8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uLxzHOje5o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waDUe4k0YPo

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Cincinnati had a good avatar but a bad heart. Which is true of lost people who spend most of their time cheer leading in the war thread

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
wait is the xbox x actually a sinister tower with holes at the top? Have I just never seen one before?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

wait is the xbox x actually a sinister tower with holes at the top? Have I just never seen one before?

it is

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It sure lives up to its name, in that its a box. I remember the packaging being weirdly grandiose, its seated in a big foam cushion and there's an idea of it being an experience whereas the ps5 is packaged like you bought a last gen bluray player from hh gregg.

Anyway lol that nom epique is so garbage that nobody would buy that from him cos thats a pretty decent haul.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

It's weird cause his avatar was a cute Maple Story mushroom you'd think he'd be happy and congenial

yeah

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Deleter posted:

It sure lives up to its name, in that its a box. I remember the packaging being weirdly grandiose, its seated in a big foam cushion and there's an idea of it being an experience whereas the ps5 is packaged like you bought a last gen bluray player from hh gregg.

Anyway lol that nom epique is so garbage that nobody would buy that from him cos thats a pretty decent haul.

its kind of a funny design because it like, disappears. you expect a giant tower to be really ostentatious but ive got it on top of my TV stand and your eyes kind of roll off it.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Disappointed that the Xbox doesn't seem *that* big

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I gave it some thought and one of my favorite VG OSTs was one that was never fully used in the game it was made for. They tried making a number of "sequels" to Ragnarok Online, all of which I've heard sucked some form of rear end or another. Yoko Kanno composed like, a hundred pieces of music for this sequel project, though.

'Sailing', 'Yoru', 'Sweet Guitar', and 'Cognito Final' are good tracks although the latter is just a sad 5 minute sax solo with tons of reverb

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The XSX design is pretty underwhelming, but I ultimately appreciate it more than the PS5’s modern airport terminal aesthetic.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

drat RIP to legendary actor peewee herman

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4U73qvpqp0

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

he was likely made a d&d mod because he was a master of posting very long posts that didnt say anything which many mistake for intelligence because it has a lot of words

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Snow Cone Capone posted:

one of my favorite mini-saga types is "goon whose reputation is so bad they can't even sell poo poo on SA-mart"

see also: worms butthole guy and his niche video game stuff, Doom Bathroom guy and his bedazzled ankle socks

i would not buy anything nom epigue... bad vibes

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

dude did a brilliant character work

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
extreme g was the poo poo. grimace mains rise up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Hd_soT5bI

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

He's peed his last wee.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

DDS deserves a remaster

I'm drat glad I played it in the IZGC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElA8WnIl4d8

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
smt5 is my only modern exposure to music from the franchise which isnt meguro but shiva's boss music and the taito ward suite are some of my favorite jrpg tracks in a long time

ive had nocturne hd on the backlog and im excited to revisit the game since i havent played it since release, just need the right mood to hit

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHRlTHxQ6_Y

this one might not sound impressive at first but this is microtonal composition on the SNES. most music software cant even get out of 12 tone equal temperament and this decades old game did it

the spc was ludicrous in its capabilities, although I've noticed one could potentially do turkish music with tones divided into 1/8 increments with MIDI too

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PdszXldT_g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Violen posted:

smt5 is my only modern exposure to music from the franchise which isnt meguro but shiva's boss music and the taito ward suite are some of my favorite jrpg tracks in a long time

ive had nocturne hd on the backlog and im excited to revisit the game since i havent played it since release, just need the right mood to hit

Bumping Nocturne up to Hard is actually a really fun way to play that game. There’s some trial and error, but if you’re already familiar with the mechanics you can make it work.