Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Hot drat the fire temple is fun. I'm not even sure if I'm doing it the intended way but I think that's beautiful because I'm solving things creatively without getting cheesy. I want to solve puzzles the intended way because I like zelda puzzles. But there were parts I wasn't sure what I was meant to do so I resorted to freestyle solutions like magma slabs as a platform across two tracks so I can ultrahand to transfer my cart across tracks. Or magma slabs as a ramp so I can launch Yunobo into something.

When I fell all the way back to 1F I totally cheesed my way back up with an autobuilt balloon. What a great game that even the literal railway temple doesn't put the player on rails. Just do whatever you want. Awesome game :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Anyone have any tips for farming these dumb elemental lizard tails? I need ice flavoured ones and I spent all night looking around the mountains and got 4... which put me on 5 total and then when I got to the great fairy I found out I need 10 for each piece so loving 30 total

and then at least 15 more for the Yiga set :shepicide:

The extra salt in the wound is the fact that I have 28 ice lizo horns

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 31, 2023

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Dragonstoned posted:

Anyone have any tips for farming these dumb elemental lizard tails? I need ice flavoured ones and I spent all night looking around the mountains and got 4... which put me on 5 total and then when I got to the great fairy I found out I need 10 for each piece so loving 30 total

and then at least 15 more for the Yiga set :shepicide:

The extra salt in the wound is the fact that I have 28 ice lizo horns

Apparently killing them from behind (puffshrooms) gets a higher chance of tails. Haven't tried a statistically significant number of times myself though.

Ed, oh, and track them with the sensor too. The ones on the new Gerudo trail switch from fire to ice at night as well.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
Did we discover if the "slashing weapons are more likely to give tails" rumor is true?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

Did we discover if the "slashing weapons are more likely to give tails" rumor is true?

I tried it and didn't see a significant difference but that doesn't mean much. I would up just pelting them with fire fruit so I could cycle through the ice lizzes faster and I still got tail that way.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
set the scanner for ice lizalfos, and try to find the ones trying to blend in

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Docjowles posted:

I finally came across the 3 ball shrine everyone loving hates (at least I assume there isn’t more than one). Maybe this is a sign of mental illness but I didn’t find it that bad? Probably took me 8-10 attempts. I’ve gotten stuck for way longer on others, like one where I had to launch a ball super far using a seesaw.

Also tonight we found the purple bunny mask in the depths and my son cannot stop laughing. It’s the only thing he will wear now. And hell, I don’t blame him.

A lot of people here aren't very smart

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I found a shrine with a small and a large ball where you have to send them down a ramp at the end without them falling into a hole, but there seemed to be a landing spot along the way for a third, medium ball I never found. Two was enough, in any case. Not sure if that's the dreaded Three-Body Problem, but I'm glad some of these shrines have a reputation. The "rauru's blessing but with a twist" shrine was very fun.

Also, spending a bunch of zonaite to summon a battery-laden flying machine to get to the Gerudo floating platform led to an... interesting encounter. Especially with the tension of "I don't have enough zonaite to come back here for a while so whatever's up here needs to be dealt with in one go."

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I think the nature of the game is that there are so many litte puzzles some are going to find a pattern in your brain that you recognize and a small fraction are going to find zero purchase and be extra difficult. That's just sort of how it goes in a game with hundreds of tiny physics puzzles.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Space Fish posted:

I found a shrine with a small and a large ball where you have to send them down a ramp at the end without them falling into a hole, but there seemed to be a landing spot along the way for a third, medium ball I never found. Two was enough, in any case. Not sure if that's the dreaded Three-Body Problem, but I'm glad some of these shrines have a reputation. The "rauru's blessing but with a twist" shrine was very fun.

Also, spending a bunch of zonaite to summon a battery-laden flying machine to get to the Gerudo floating platform led to an... interesting encounter. Especially with the tension of "I don't have enough zonaite to come back here for a while so whatever's up here needs to be dealt with in one go."

That’s not the 3 ball shrine, the 2 ball shrine is pretty easy.

3 ball shrine has 3 balls of different sizes that ask you to construct an asymmetrical axle of some kind to roll down a curved hill into a target. None of my combinations worked very well.

I liked the twist Rauru shrine a lot, wish there was more of them.

I liked baseball shrine, I liked curling shrine, I took the hint from the title of Courage to Fall shrine eventually.

The Eventide shrines should have been longer with more varieties of enemies (not just robits) and with consumables to heal like the original Eventide. I liked the feeling of running around nude with a stick and devouring random mushrooms and bananas to try and survive a fight with a Hinox.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Agreed on the underpants shrines. The gimmick is interesting, like I found Traps last night and that seemed like a fun premise. But instead I just beat everything to death with a stick in about 3 minutes. They aren’t hard enough that you actually have to engage with the theme unless you just want to for variety.

Then again the game isn’t meant to be hard so whatever.

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

space uncle posted:

3 ball shrine has 3 balls of different sizes that ask you to construct an asymmetrical axle of some kind to roll down a curved hill into a target. None of my combinations worked very well.

I liked the twist Rauru shrine a lot, wish there was more of them.

I found both of these this weekend cleaning up the last 10 shrines I needed. I tried the 3 ball the right way twice then fused a ball to a spear and just threw it at the target instead. The twist one was great

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

space uncle posted:

YouTube videos have told me the large ball targets in that and similar shrines can be cheesed with bomb flower arrows, but I haven't verified.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

maltesh posted:

YouTube videos have told me the large ball targets in that and similar shrines can be cheesed with bomb flower arrows, but I haven't verified.

I solved the shrine by fusing one of the balls to a stick and then jump-striking the target

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

space uncle posted:

The big problem there was that you couldn't make a consistent construct with the three balls. Every time you tried it would behave a bit differently because they weren't attached at the exact same points and the center of gravity would be a bit different. So even when you knew what to do, you couldn't dial in the results. The best you could do is catch it with rewind before it goes off into the abyss so you'd have something with similar behavior to make another attempt with.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I fused one of the bookcases in hyrule castle to a spear. It was only +2 attack, I was expecting the pen to be a little mightier.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Sanctum posted:

Hot drat the fire temple is fun. I'm not even sure if I'm doing it the intended way but I think that's beautiful because I'm solving things creatively without getting cheesy. I want to solve puzzles the intended way because I like zelda puzzles. But there were parts I wasn't sure what I was meant to do so I resorted to freestyle solutions like magma slabs as a platform across two tracks so I can ultrahand to transfer my cart across tracks. Or magma slabs as a ramp so I can launch Yunobo into something.

When I fell all the way back to 1F I totally cheesed my way back up with an autobuilt balloon. What a great game that even the literal railway temple doesn't put the player on rails. Just do whatever you want. Awesome game :toot:

To get across the final slog of the fire temple, I ultrahand fused 16 or so slabs into a T shape that could then catch on the broken bridge. The game was starting to lag badly enough that it took like 30 minutes after the rotating kept leading to the whole fusion being dropped in lava.

Truly the greatest game.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
If you fuse only two balls it behaves the same every time and you can cut through the middle of the S curve.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

maltesh posted:

They can.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I climbed up hebra and there was a weird lightning hole painted on the side of a mountain

went inside and there was a chest behind one of those lightning temple zappo switches

am i missing something? do you get something special for shooting a longshot through the hole or something? seemed like a lot of fanfare for not much stuff

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

A shrine used to be there in BotW that also needed you to hit the center with lightning. It's a pretty stand-out landmark so I supposed they didn't want to just delete it for TotK.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
end of Geoglyph questline big spoilers: I was really hoping that before Zelda did her Thing, there'd be a montage of her painstakingly trudging to all of the future geoglyph locations to draw them, rather than her just barfing out a smattering of magic tears

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

The big problem there was that you couldn't make a consistent construct with the three balls. Every time you tried it would behave a bit differently because they weren't attached at the exact same points and the center of gravity would be a bit different. So even when you knew what to do, you couldn't dial in the results. The best you could do is catch it with rewind before it goes off into the abyss so you'd have something with similar behavior to make another attempt with.

This was my issue, I could see what the game wanted me to do and I could try it over and over again, and it would turn out slightly differently every time. It was my very last shrine to complete before getting the reward, late at night, and I was in that shrine on its own for at least 20 minutes before giving up to look up the answer. At the time, the answer was "we didn't solve this in time for this guide to go up, so just fuse all them shits together like a snowman and tilt it over toward the button"

Melissa McCarthyism
Jan 18, 2007

Poque posted:

end of Geoglyph questline big spoilers: I was really hoping that before Zelda did her Thing, there'd be a montage of her painstakingly trudging to all of the future geoglyph locations to draw them, rather than her just barfing out a smattering of magic tears

The tears got spilled and the ancient hylians did the geoglyphs where they landed. I have no evidence for this.

I'm guessing the upheaval made them appear seeing they seem to be magical glowy things.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Melissa McCarthyism posted:

The tears got spilled and the ancient hylians did the geoglyphs where they landed. I have no evidence for this.

I'm guessing the upheaval made them appear seeing they seem to be magical glowy things.

You're 100% correct apparently, as Impa says both things.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/tglmudora/status/1686127548390871040?t=gqmKwFcWw719asDQAr0kNA&s=19

:psyduck: does this mean Zelda split the Dueling Peaks apart?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are there any other dragon gods?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

What's the origin of the other dragons anyway? Are they also ancient Zonai that ate a magic rock and turned into hosed up immortal beings? And tbh mindlessly floating around the sky for millenia sounds pretty boring, I don't blame Zelda for hulk smashing a mountain just to spice things up

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Docjowles posted:

And tbh mindlessly floating around the sky for millenia sounds pretty boring

sometimes a little green man wearing bunny ears shoots an arrow at you!

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Docjowles posted:

What's the origin of the other dragons anyway? Are they also ancient Zonai that ate a magic rock and turned into hosed up immortal beings? And tbh mindlessly floating around the sky for millenia sounds pretty boring, I don't blame Zelda for hulk smashing a mountain just to spice things up

Unspecified in text, but probably? It might explain what happened to literally every other Zonai but Rauru and Mineru, their larger civilization collapsed as a bunch of them drank the Kool aid ate the magic rocks and turned themselves into powerful but ego-dead demigods.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Docjowles posted:

I assume that the other dragons are the reason for the warning that Mineru gives, much like how they have to put warning signs on irons that say "do not iron while wearing shirt" except instead of burning yourself, you become an immortal example for all eternity.

Dinraal probably did it to become more powerful, Naydra probably did it for academic purposes, but Farosh definitely did it because the secret stone looked like it was sour apple flavor. Triforces of Power, Wisdom, and Dipshit respectively.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

bawk posted:

I assume that the other dragons are the reason for the warning that Mineru gives, much like how they have to put warning signs on irons that say "do not iron while wearing shirt" except instead of burning yourself, you become an immortal example for all eternity.

Dinraal probably did it to become more powerful, Naydra probably did it for academic purposes, but Farosh definitely did it because the secret stone looked like it was sour apple flavor. Triforces of Power, Wisdom, and Dipshit respectively.

Given that it's the aspect of courage, I'd think farosh was bet that he wouldn't do it and he was courageous enough to eat that rock instead of whatever bizarre projection or attempt at a joke you're trying to go for

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'll bet Link could do it though, just nom that thing down for a quarter heart. His stomach's just too dang powerful for a magic doodad

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Why would a flying dragon have to destroy a mountain to get through it is what I'm asking.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Given that it's the aspect of courage, I'd think farosh was bet that he wouldn't do it and he was courageous enough to eat that rock instead of whatever bizarre projection or attempt at a joke you're trying to go for

All 3 of the current Triforce-aspect holders have eaten stones, two of them did it in order to sacrifice their mind/body for immeasurable power, and one of them did it because a goron said it would taste good.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I still stand by my theory that Dinraal was the first dragon, and was just a Goron who thought the stone looked tasty. Gotta find out how that trick works somehow.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Spanish Manlove posted:

This seems like an incredibly snarky/mean/petty thing to say for absolutely no reason, which lines up with the tone of most of your posts in this thread about a game for ten years olds.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Bullshit, this game was clearly made for me and my ADHD and I'm in my 30s.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Docjowles posted:

They seem to have a lot of design similarities with the few Zonai we've seen, like white hair tipped with color and longer ears than the Light Dragon. This isn't enough to confirm the theory since we don't have a lot of dragon examples to reference from but at the very least they're distinct from what Zelda and Ganondorf became, though that could also be attributed to wanting the plot-important dragons to look unique (like how Demon Dragon is massive)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MiracleFlare posted:

They seem to have a lot of design similarities with the few Zonai we've seen, like white hair tipped with color and longer ears than the Light Dragon. This isn't enough to confirm the theory since we don't have a lot of dragon examples to reference from but at the very least they're distinct from what Zelda and Ganondorf became, though that could also be attributed to wanting the plot-important dragons to look unique (like how Demon Dragon is massive)

They have the same eyes too.