Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
in the bon jovi song everything goes downhill after the narrator becomes woke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

My introduction to Lex Fridman was a clip where Musk talks about Sagan's Pale Blue Dot and completely missed the point.

Later when I was trying to hunt the clip down again I discovered Lex himself tweeted the clip like Musk has said something profound rather than something obviously moronic.

https://twitter.com/lexfridman/status/1194665905365622785?lang=en

just gonna hop one planet over to escape the supernova

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Blaze Ya Dead Glory

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh cool the guy that had a bot baby with grimes is still alive but weird posting in the other thread now

he sounds mad

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CaptainBeefart posted:

Blaze Ye Dead Glory

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
"blaze your glory" sounds like some PUA class's rebundling of "shoot your shot"

this is where he picked up this phrase, isnt it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Groovelord Neato posted:

My introduction to Lex Fridman was a clip where Musk talks about Sagan's Pale Blue Dot and completely missed the point.

Later when I was trying to hunt the clip down again I discovered Lex himself tweeted the clip like Musk has said something profound rather than something obviously moronic.

lol these two are so loving dumb

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh cool the guy that had a bot baby with grimes is still alive but weird posting in the other thread now

yes that poster is not mentally well

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

ben shapino posted:

I got the gbs thread mixed up with this one lol

Interesting

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

"blaze your glory" sounds like some PUA class's rebundling of "shoot your shot"

this is where he picked up this phrase, isnt it

He speaks like all the foreign bots which write english strangely and put prayerhands at the end of everything

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait what? What’s the context for this?

edit:

CaptainBeefart posted:

Blaze Ya Dead Glory

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
waffen house

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

moist turtleneck posted:

elon should pay him

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

TheMightyBoops posted:

Wait what? What’s the context for this?

that poster used to post a lot in the previous incarnation of this thread and had a very strange multi-day meltdown posting lots and lots of words about how elon and grimes had a cyberbaby and that poster met the cyberbaby and it looked at him or w/e

many people think they were the person that got into a situation with elon's security people but those people are not correct!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
oh yeah that poster was convinced that elon and/or grimes were reading the thread and taking suggestions from their posts

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

the milk machine posted:

that poster used to post a lot in the previous incarnation of this thread and had a very strange multi-day meltdown posting lots and lots of words about how elon and grimes had a cyberbaby and that poster met the cyberbaby and it looked at him or w/e

many people think they were the person that got into a situation with elon's security people but those people are not correct!

when has c-spam ever cared about something being true if it would be funny

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

as i understand it, lex friedman is himself very stupid, however, he got ahold of an MIT email address somehow and the kind of people you would expect to be fooled into thinking you’re a genius by going to MIT have done exactly that

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Cup Runneth Over posted:

when has c-spam ever cared about something being true if it would be funny

it's important that we combat r*ssian d*sinformation by posting correctly at all times

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

“blaze your glory” sounds like a 2023 remake of The Birth of a Nation

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jel Shaker posted:

as i understand it, lex friedman is himself very stupid, however, he got ahold of an MIT email address somehow and the kind of people you would expect to be fooled into thinking you’re a genius by going to MIT have done exactly that

He posted a reading list some months back and got made fun of because it was like middle school assigned reading level and then whined that people roasted him for it.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

whatever is funniest is true

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

He posted a reading list some months back and got made fun of because it was like middle school assigned reading level and then whined that people roasted him for it.

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Jel Shaker posted:

he is basically doing academia blackface and is as dumb as a bag of rocks

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Beeftweeter posted:

he is basically doing academia blackface and is as dumb as a bag of rocks

:elongate:

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

lex Friedman is a fusion of all the Reddit guys throughout the ages.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Party Boat posted:

Chris hasn't even put out a new Caspar Babypants album since 2021 :sigh:

He has like 4 solo albums in the last 2 years. The man is a music making machine.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

apatheticman posted:

Cucked San Franciscoans wont even result to mob justice anymore

Same with LA and the Reef.

When I worked in a county office located in the Reef the entire building lost power six times in two years. I can only figure it was due to those loving billboards.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/lexfridman/status/1609301085524578304?s=20

was he homeschooled or something? because a significant number of these were required reading for me in school lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ben shapino posted:

I got the gbs thread mixed up with this one lol

lol

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Cold on a Cob posted:

was he homeschooled or something? because a significant number of these were required reading for me in school lol

isn’t the little prince like 10 pages

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Groovelord Neato posted:

Putting aside how dumb he is if he thinks Carl Sagan wasn't aware Mars is kinda sorta theoretically capable of being Earth-like if we had scifi terraforming tech, what does he think will happen to Mars when the sun gets too hot for life on Earth to continue?

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Consummate Professional posted:

giving himself a little break before Brothers Karamazov the following week

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Consummate Professional posted:

lol i missed that. i didn't recognize it from the name but yeah that's a literal book for children, seeing the cover on amazon i definitely read that as a child.

(96 pages)

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol i missed that. i didn't recognize it from the name but yeah that's a literal book for children, seeing the cover on amazon i definitely read that as a child.

(96 pages)

Meanwhile he's got Brothers Karamazov on there, which is definitely not a week first read.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cold on a Cob posted:

babby's first foray into books

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

"The Art of War, Sun Tzu"

Every single time

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
setting a "i'm going to read a book per week" is such a weird thing to publicly announce. also lol that he seems to give each entry a week, regardless of how dense the content is.

like just set a goal like "i'm going to read an hour every night/morning/at lunch time" or something and then talk about what you finished later on if you want. or don't, not everything has to be "content"

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Cold on a Cob posted:

I went to public school in the US for all of Jr and regular high school, and even college and I've read none of these books.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I had to read The Little Prince in french, for french class, which was actually p. neat. But lol at giving yourself a week to read what I assume is the translated version that you could do in half an hour, tops. (and the rest of that list, really)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
imo it's not a perfect dumb guy book list if it doesn't have any machiavelli