Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Gravity and PAC at the same show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i hope he doesnt accidentally leave pac at the airport

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
yo they got taguchi on this?!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was the most impressive the Iron Savages have looked.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

That was the most impressive the Iron Savages have looked.

that was a fun hoss off

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

A show like this does not help the argument that RoH is not AEW Dark

For the record I never missed dark or elevation but all the jobber matches are giving that vibe

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Taxman posted:

A show like this does not help the argument that RoH is not AEW Dark

For the record I never missed dark or elevation but all the jobber matches are giving that vibe

who is a jobber

bartok
May 10, 2006

I think I've become a fan of The Kingdom. They just constantly put on banger after banger.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

only melvins aint on board

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

who is a jobber

I am not claiming the matches are squashes by any means and is probably the hole in my argument. But Athena's opponent whose name escapes my mind and B3cca were who I was thinking of.

Unsurprisingly this happens much more often in the women's division than the men's.

I also think Titus/Williams need to get a win, that's about the only jobber match I really WANT right now

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fun episode tonight. Absolutely loved Iron Savages vs. Mogul Embassy

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1684976955744227329?t=qpsvvoN-UGYlwMq_n-lzvw&s=19

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bartok posted:

I think I've become a fan of The Kingdom. They just constantly put on banger after banger.

The Kingdom loving rule, welcome aboard!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I like The Kingdom. Great tag team and solid matches on top of I'M MATT TAVEN

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Would've been better if it was a recording of Charlton's voice

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The issue I'm having with ROH lately is the disparity between TV & PPV. You can tell that everyone at the TV tapings came to see AEW live, and ROH is just a bonus if you feel like staying to watch Expensive Dark. ROH PPVs meanwhile are kickass supercards specifically for ROH crowds. Like everyone should be losing their poo poo whenever Shibata's music hits, but if they're not there to see him or the show he's on - or they're tired after the AEW live show - there's barely a reaction.

I'm not sure what the solution is - maybe they could tape ROH earlier in the day with limited tickets sold separately from Collision tickets, and change the setup in between shows? I still think they should book a smaller armory or college basketball venue in the same towns as the AEW arenas, but it doesn't seem like that's in the cards.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bonk posted:

The issue I'm having with ROH lately is the disparity between TV & PPV. You can tell that everyone at the TV tapings came to see AEW live, and ROH is just a bonus if you feel like staying to watch Expensive Dark. ROH PPVs meanwhile are kickass supercards specifically for ROH crowds. Like everyone should be losing their poo poo whenever Shibata's music hits, but if they're not there to see him or the show he's on - or they're tired after the AEW live show - there's barely a reaction.

I'm not sure what the solution is - maybe they could tape ROH earlier in the day with limited tickets sold separately from Collision tickets, and change the setup in between shows? I still think they should book a smaller armory or college basketball venue in the same towns as the AEW arenas, but it doesn't seem like that's in the cards.

I think some of it is that, at least at the Toronto tapings, they tape a little bit before and some after Collision so the audience kinda has to switch gears twice. I do like the look of ROH better when it's in arenas and not the studio, but the studio vibe feels better to me.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

If they were to tour an ROH-only show, would they actually get significant enough demand to get the audience they want? (and pay for touring)

Like, they got 3000 for Death Before Dishonor, but how many would they get for just "ROH on HonorClub Episode 37"?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH isn't going to draw or be practical as a stand alone weekly entity. It's expensive to break down and set up everything, doing it once a week at an armory is going to be a money loser. You could probably do a 1,500 seat venue every month for tapings, but Tony wants 90-120 minute episodes so that isn't going to work. So your only two options are Orlando for bulk tapings or weekly on the road.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

ROH isn't going to draw or be practical as a stand alone weekly entity. It's expensive to break down and set up everything, doing it once a week at an armory is going to be a money loser. You could probably do a 1,500 seat venue every month for tapings, but Tony wants 90-120 minute episodes so that isn't going to work. So your only two options are Orlando for bulk tapings or weekly on the road.

Split the difference and go back to pandemic level dynamite. Tapings at arenas, wrestlers as audience.

edit: in fact forget the wrestlers, just put Austin Gunn in audience, he'll make more noise than anyone.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 31, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

Iron Savages rule! that is all

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1687244456448151552

"Just like Jussie Smollet, I'm gonna get to the bottom of this."

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Clayton has at least improved over his time with Tony Khan productions

E: .... Livin' on a Prayer?

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 4, 2023

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Solid if unspectacular episode, Athena was great as always and I'm intrigued by what they're doing with her and Diamante. Likewise, interesting that they're teasing a shakeup for Josh Woods, his pairing with Nese hasn't really gone anywhere and he could use a new direction.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Always love a good "step your game up" story. Give Diamante a couple of solid wins after this and a change of attitude.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Zicky Dice on ROH, the entire AEW Discussion thread circa 2020 is signing up for HonorClub.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Zicky Dice on ROH, the entire AEW Discussion thread circa 2020 is signing up for HonorClub.

Outlandish imo

bartok
May 10, 2006

should have had Andrew Everett fight Big Bill so we could have had a battle of giants

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Athena is just the loving coolest

E: her vs Miyu Yamashita.... Not a fan of making that choice (match was 90% great too)

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Aug 11, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

LOL for the guy wearing an FTR Bald stunt double shirt

bartok fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 11, 2023

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Much better pants for Anjelica today!

Man, I thought Maria had a great look with her ring gear, but I like her ensemble tonight even more

E: OH NO LEXY!!!!

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 11, 2023

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Danhausen dude in the audience cursing Robyn rules

What just happened there? I'm having a hard time following Athena's motivations

Vvvvvv
No way they turn Billie heel so soon!

The Taxman fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 11, 2023

bartok
May 10, 2006

Athena growing an army

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gravity vs Gringo Loco was very good.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Boys vs Samoa Joe and Stokely Hathaway was really fun too

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Claudio fuckin owns

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Ian selling for Athena like he was being abused and curling into a ball was perfect

bartok
May 10, 2006

The Taxman posted:

Ian selling for Athena like he was being abused and curling into a ball was perfect

I'm going to miss him on Collision. He's so good especially compared to Kevin Kelly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
All In not gonna make 400237¾ seats, so it's gonna be a complete failure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Really nice ep tonight. Solid all the way through.