Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Space Marine was pretty drat fun while you were fighting Orks, but I started enjoying it rather less once Chaos became the dominant enemy. Maybe I was playing the game wrong, but they made it feel a lot more like a mediocre cover shooter than the fairly carefree murderfest enabled by the greenskins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Just for the heck of it, I took a gander and picked my fave covers. Outcast Dead is there because it looks real silly in a good way.

Rogal Dorn would not have an anime haircut. I refuse to believe this is canon.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Guy is described shock-of-white-hair first in almost every depiction.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MMAgCh posted:

Space Marine was pretty drat fun while you were fighting Orks, but I started enjoying it rather less once Chaos became the dominant enemy. Maybe I was playing the game wrong, but they made it feel a lot more like a mediocre cover shooter than the fairly carefree murderfest enabled by the greenskins.

There is one particular point I absolutely dread in the campaign and its when a cutscene plays of four CSMs deploying on a catwalk above you and you resume gameplay in the open so you get shredded by incoming fire unless you immediately dodge. Your only options are the stalker boltgun or lascannon and if you don't have either weapon in your inventory at the time you're basically hosed because they're sponges and you're out of melee range.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

I wouldn't have it any other way. Guy is described shock-of-white-hair first in almost every depiction.

It's not the white, but that spikey bullshit. He doesn't seem like a guy who'd use hair gel.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Chemtrailologist posted:

It's not the white, but that spikey bullshit. He doesn't seem like a guy who'd use hair gel.

His hair is just blowing in the wind, probably. They're up in the Himalayas you know

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Chemtrailologist posted:

That's the Emperor's design, it's naturally like that.

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.
Rogal Dorn does seem like the sort of character who would spend 13 episodes charging up.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Kaal posted:

Rogal Dorn does seem like the sort of character who would spend 13 episodes charging up.

:hmmyes:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
All this time we thought Captain Hairgel and the Blood Ravens were loyalist Thousand Sons and then here comes Daddy Dorn with frosted top

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Perfect.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Arc Hammer posted:

I reinstalled Space Marine tonight. It's still really fun especially once I got back into the swing of the chainsword rhythm. It doesn't have the best boltgun but I do love how cartoonishly violent it is when it makes Orks pop like a red balloon.

Absolute crime that it costs seventy loving dollars to buy right now otherwise I'd get my brother a copy on steam. I've had my copy for ten years and I think I bought it for twenty bucks.

Single player game is still great and I also recently reinstalled to playthrough again.

Sad that multiplayer in all modes is completely dead. There was a short time a few years ago when a youtuber brought it back to life but that was short lived.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Luckily Space Marine 2 is coming out in a month or two

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah only 90 bucks Canadian I'm sure.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Arc Hammer posted:

Yeah only 90 bucks Canadian I'm sure.

:canada:

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Aren't Nids the main enemy in SM:2?
That's going to get old very fast. Orcs were what really made the first one good.

They should've made a spiritual successor with an orc campaign. First half: rise to Boss, second: raid humans, and all other races planets drop as DLC.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I think nids are easily the lamest enemy faction. I think lots of people agree which is why they are trying to make them not lame.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
A campaign where you rise from Boy to Nob to Warboss as you slaughter your way across a Tau world would be extremely my poo poo. Make it co-op and allow classes like Weirdboy and Mek and all the other great orks and I may never play another game.

E: co-op with friendly fire enabled by default, because Orks.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 2, 2023

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Goddammit, 13th Black Crusade and Arks of Omen are only game supplements, they're not actual books I can just buy on my loving Kindle? The text bits haven't even been collected and sold separately? Why, I actually want to keep up with the loving plot for once.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

The Gathering Storm books are on the WH+ Vault. With all the lore and no rules.
The Omen books will probably be there too in like a fear or so.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Preechr posted:

A campaign where you rise from Boy to Nob to Warboss as you slaughter your way across a Tau world would be extremely my poo poo. Make it co-op and allow classes like Weirdboy and Mek and all the other great orks and I may never play another game.

E: co-op with friendly fire enabled by default, because Orks.

This would be wonderful. I would play it in a loving moment. Weirdboyz should be powerful and unbalanced but also have a risk of exploding everyones head by accident.

e: Play as a Killa Kan, get buffs for murking Orks, the bigger the Ork the bigger the buff but it also aggros the Orks on you.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Goddammit, 13th Black Crusade and Arks of Omen are only game supplements, they're not actual books I can just buy on my loving Kindle? The text bits haven't even been collected and sold separately? Why, I actually want to keep up with the loving plot for once.

Yeah it's unfortunate but when they do really huge lore advances like Gathering Storm and Arks of Omen they want to make it available to the full player base, most tabletop players don't actually buy black library books. The good thing is all of those books are 75% story with only a small tabletop rules section at the end instead of being like a codex where it's almost all rules with small paragraphs of lore strewn throughout.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I think I asked this once before, but does Liber Xenobiologis reference Xenology in any way? I love cross-pollination like that, especially for a relatively old and obscure book.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Cooked Auto posted:

The Gathering Storm books are on the WH+ Vault. With all the lore and no rules.
The Omen books will probably be there too in like a fear or so.

D-Pad posted:

Yeah it's unfortunate but when they do really huge lore advances like Gathering Storm and Arks of Omen they want to make it available to the full player base, most tabletop players don't actually buy black library books. The good thing is all of those books are 75% story with only a small tabletop rules section at the end instead of being like a codex where it's almost all rules with small paragraphs of lore strewn throughout.
Neither of these are much consolation to me if they won't sell me a goddamn ebook, though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Around the launch of 9th BL did do a discounted ebook bundle of the Gathering Storm books. AFAIK they haven't done so for Psychic Awakening or Arks of Omen.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Around the launch of 9th BL did do a discounted ebook bundle of the Gathering Storm books. AFAIK they haven't done so for Psychic Awakening or Arks of Omen.
Well, that's something.

Also I just learned that there are two separate songs named Fall of Cadia, so the night's not a total loss.

FPyat
Jan 17, 2020
What even was the psychic awakening? Saw an announcement, never heard anything about it again.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

the panacea posted:

Aren't Nids the main enemy in SM:2?
That's going to get old very fast. Orcs were what really made the first one good.

They should've made a spiritual successor with an orc campaign. First half: rise to Boss, second: raid humans, and all other races planets drop as DLC.

Strong implication that the Eldar will be the third act twist villains, unsure what variety but a trailer ended on a flash of an open webway portal.

Biplane posted:

I think nids are easily the lamest enemy faction. I think lots of people agree which is why they are trying to make them not lame.

They're better when they lean hard into the cosmic horror, which they've been doing more lately.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Space marines vs Zerg drew money in the Blizzard territory it can draw still IMO.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I hope it's the regular Eldar if only because I'm not actually sure what their deal is now. Didn't they... bring one of their gods back to life? And then all the various types of Eldar started coming together like the Elves during the Fantasy End Times? Dunno, but it'd be great to get a better idea of what they're doing while I mash X to turn them into goo

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Hahahahaha

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/02/dan-abnett-interview-how-i-finished-the-end-and-the-death/

It's now THREE parts!

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lmao

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

gently caress it I'm here for it.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
Really trying not do the ol' abnet rushed ending eh dan?

Crab Battle
Jan 16, 2010

Haha! Yeah!
I'm still working my way through the earlier Siege books and haven't got to TEATD part 1, but doesn't that end with everyone already on board the Vengeful Spirit?
Feels like going in the direction of the Hobbit movies is going to cause a lot of bloat.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

You've got to be kidding me Dan. loving incredible.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Haha god damnit

I sure hope this doesn't mean bequin part 3 is delayed until after eatd 3

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

GordonTheDeadFish posted:

I'm still working my way through the earlier Siege books and haven't got to TEATD part 1, but doesn't that end with everyone already on board the Vengeful Spirit?
Feels like going in the direction of the Hobbit movies is going to cause a lot of bloat.

Yup, but honestly?

OPAONI posted:

gently caress it I'm here for it.

I'm also hoping for a chunk of "gently caress, what do we do now?" at the end when they hae to deal with the consequences of such an extremely Pyrrhic victory.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Those magnificent sons of bitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob the terrible
Aug 9, 2006
Haha, time really wont move forward during the end of the siege!