Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Maybe they could've gotten a few more beige foods to put on that plate.

Cookies shaped like khakis

You know somebody has thought of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
i just want the good times to keep rolling, i want to feel what other teams have felt, give it to me baby, NO WHAMMIES!!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Declan MacManus posted:

i would be very hesitant to start beating my chest as a vols fan after one (1) really good season compared to michigan routinely winning 10 games and sometimes even going to the playoff

but lol at the michigan "bbq" nonetheless

maybe not but have you considered vols, bitch

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Demon Of The Fall posted:

lol definitely not beating my chest, I know how poo poo we've been for 2 decades, my thousands of posts on this very forum will echo my rage and despair on gameday. i just find it funny other "rich" programs complain about the NIL stuff, that's all

that's fair

michigan pay your players you cheap fuckers

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Plain hot dog, chicken fingers, and Mac and cheese. A great spread for a 9 year old.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Plain hot dog, chicken fingers, and Mac and cheese. A great spread for a 9 year old.

hey there’s a mass-produced cookie there too

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

And that's for a recruit too.

That's great ammo for rival recruiters. Go to Michigan and this is your training table. Get some extra cocaine go-go juice and hammer that one home to all your targets today.

e: And they called that a bbq :psyduck:

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 31, 2023

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

dirty shrimp money posted:

e: And they called that a bbq :psyduck:

If they were using the "get together and eat food outside" definition of bbq, that is pretty much exactly what I would expect most of my fellow midwesterners to put together.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Blowjob Overtime posted:

If they were using the "get together and eat food outside" definition of bbq, that is pretty much exactly what I would expect most of my fellow midwesterners to put together.

yeah as a southerner whenever i hear someone refer to a grill as a barbeque, my eye involuntarily twitches

you arent barbecuing those hamburgers, you're overcooking dried out pucks of trash

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I don’t have any legit sources, just a bunch of whispers that Arizona is the next to leave the PAC for the Big 12, and soon. Anyone know anything more about that? Posts in here suggest the Arizona schools really don’t want to get broken up with California, which makes sense to me, but also :homebrew:

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

If that's true, then I really think the dam will break soon.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Judgy Fucker posted:

I don’t have any legit sources, just a bunch of whispers that Arizona is the next to leave the PAC for the Big 12, and soon. Anyone know anything more about that? Posts in here suggest the Arizona schools really don’t want to get broken up with California, which makes sense to me, but also :homebrew:

It's been scuttlebutt since the Big 12's TV deal was announced. I'll believe it when I see it. The Pac 12's emphasis on regionality defies economics, and there's no Big 12 family relations like there is with Colorado.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Soul Glo posted:

yeah as a southerner whenever i hear someone refer to a grill as a barbeque, my eye involuntarily twitches

you arent barbecuing those hamburgers, you're overcooking dried out pucks of trash

Correct, the downside of being the State of Hockey is pucks apparently being the reference point for people when they grill, too

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Feldman tweeting a Pac media deal is finally happening within 48 hours

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This isn’t a post about here because if I didn’t post about Arizona in this thread no one would normally but it sucks all the conference rumors are overshadowing legitimate good news in places that do cover the team.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

It'll be interesting to see what they settle for (I assume, since current news hasn't been great), and how that works out.

All they needed to do was be sort of competitive it seems from my read and the new commish who is at least cooler couldn't make that happen? Or maybe he did somehow in which case he's a wizard.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

About that...

https://twitter.com/insidethebig12/status/1685837834999988225?s=61&t=2_0g7uj-8jmKm4C6BGVImw

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Grittybeard posted:

It'll be interesting to see what they settle for (I assume, since current news hasn't been great), and how that works out.

All they needed to do was be sort of competitive it seems from my read and the new commish who is at least cooler couldn't make that happen? Or maybe he did somehow in which case he's a wizard.

Kliavkoff has been resoundingly owned by all the other conferences

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Prediction time: Big XII is not going to full-court press anyone. They're going to keep in Arizona's ear as the Pac12 media thing plays out, but they'll wait out UO and UW to find a spot before adding ASU/Utah.

I say this because they've got UConn waiting around as an independent that can be added to fill out 14 teams as late as next May. There's no pressure to even add Arizona and can take a very beneficial wait-and-see.

Rick posted:

This isn’t a post about here because if I didn’t post about Arizona in this thread no one would normally but it sucks all the conference rumors are overshadowing legitimate good news in places that do cover the team.

:justpost:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm guessing since ESPN is stirring the "no one wants colorado anyway" pot they probably have some involvement in the deal, even if it's just the status quo of being able to buy games a la carte.

kayakyakr posted:

Prediction time: Big XII is not going to full-court press anyone. They're going to keep in Arizona's ear as the Pac12 media thing plays out, but they'll wait out UO and UW to find a spot before adding ASU/Utah.

I say this because they've got UConn waiting around as an independent that can be added to fill out 14 teams as late as next May. There's no pressure to even add Arizona and can take a very beneficial wait-and-see.

:justpost:

Eh...it's not what people want to talk about and it's fine.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Lmao 33% less than the Big 12 just got is hilarious and feels like malpractice from the conference.

The more interesting thing is if there is a read through to sports rights as a whole because sure things are a lot different since last October

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

Just in time! :ironicat:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

If this is true, the Pac-12 in total is worth 20% less than Major League Soccer.

Think about THAT.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Yeah I mean the deal seems so bad that it can only make sense in the macro context of a totally different media spending environment than last year. Pac 12 probably shouldn’t have waited until Disney started trying to auction off ESPN before they signed a new media deal.

This potentially being the first sign of the end of the unstoppable rise in sports rights deals could be fascinating

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nicoleauerbach/status/1686140021114277889?s=46

hmmmm

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Still a massive upgrade for SDSU if they jump. They're making like 4m per year from the current MWC deal

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Adun posted:

This potentially being the first sign of the end of the unstoppable rise in sports rights deals could be fascinating

Agree.

As streaming becomes more important than cable/over the air, we move further away from artificially inflated Nielsen numbers. I would not be shocked if all conferences except maybe the Big Ten and SEC have issues keeping numbers similar to their current tv deals after they expire.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1686101439280558081?s=20

ok

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Rick posted:

Then at the very end they add a correction tweet from the reporter they're sourcing saying "the Arizona board of regents will not likely approve the schools going to different conferences." Which lol no poo poo.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Arizona to the XII is what I just heard.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

People initially made fun of the ACC's deal with the CW, but that is so much better of a platform than streaming only on AppleTV

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Adun posted:

Bubble had to burst at some point, tho I’m unsure the pac is really the canary in the coal mine.

Live sports are still really coveted media to advertisers and pac has had kinda poo poo media deals starting with their failed network and losing their two largest brands didn’t help things.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Am I going crazy I don't understand any of this from the perspective of the broadcasters.

They've promised any new P5 joiner to the Big XII to be made whole so that's $32m/yr. Colorado + Arizona (or whoever) combined is $64m/yr.

Big Ten schools get $60m/yr now (and will go up every year). So if Oregon + Washington or Utah or whoever join the Big Ten broadcasters will be on the hook for $184m/yr at a start just for four schools joining these two conferences.

And the best bid for the entire rights package was $200m/yr from Apple? I'm surprised the broadcasters aren't trying harder to keep the Pac together

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
https://www.sportskeeda.com/college...ing-14-programs

quote:

The Bearcats are one of the most prominent teams in the conference, and their exit isn't a good one for its future. It effectively places the conference on the brink of collapse.

get your mascots right sportskeeda

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TIL former UF QB Emory Jones is at Cincinnati after he played for the Sun Devils last year? Wtf?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Not super knowledge about this stuff but was kinda following since Auburn has a contract with UA expiring soon:
https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1686161951791927296?s=20

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Qwijib0 posted:

Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Arizona to the XII is what I just heard.

I think it's pretty safe to say that such a thing wouldn't be resolved by a 3:30 half hour meeting so I'm not so sure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Not super knowledge about this stuff but was kinda following since Auburn has a contract with UA expiring soon:

This is the type of thing I know is important in some fashion but I do not entirely know why it really matters. I am just not in enough on the industry to get it.

Like I enjoy laughing at Adidas or Nike or UA or whoever winning or losing these deals, but...yeah I don't get what is going on that matters for the schools...well other than cash, which always matters. But cash seems to be out there to be had one way or the other most of time.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I thought under armor was like on the brink of financial collapse

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

This is the type of thing I know is important in some fashion but I do not entirely know why it really matters.
People say this is a bigger deal for basketball because of shoe contracts or something iirc

KKKLIP ART posted:

I thought under armor was like on the brink of financial collapse
That is exactly the impression I had so idk if that is not true or if Notre Dame just made a really bad decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Wild and frustratingly undetailed story that the wife of former Auburn long snapper Robert Shiver attempted to put a hit on him in the Bahamas.

All the news stories are trash so far and keep repeating the same bits and pieces. The gist of it is that Bahamas police were investigating a break-in and came across WhatsApp messages implicating his wife, her lover and the potential hitman.

e: Hate to link to a Fox News story ,but it's the first I've seen to actually get any different info.

e2: LOL.

quote:

Lindsay, who was born and bred in Alabama, accused her husband of hiding money and cutting her off financially.

"The parties… have an overall expensive lifestyle in general," her lawyer wrote. "Suddenly husband is not permitting wife to use the jet or have access to funds."

This out of fuckin Thomasville.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 1, 2023