Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wwes fat rapist wrestler is doing numbers!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Which one?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Not sure about Mike Awesome's new gimmick

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wwes fat rapist wrestler is doing numbers!!!

Then.
Now.
Forever.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The other Gable really needs to skedaddle at this point.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jiro posted:

Good lord I wish he wasn't such a loving mark for the Fed and would go over to Tony's ROH, or Japan, if AEW has room in a few months sure why not.

I can't blame Gargano and LeRae for signing with WWE. Candice returned too, they just had a kid, they want those big WWE paychecks, Triple H was in charge. It made a lot of sense

But man has Gargano's last year been dire.

-Returned in August 2022
-Does nothing notable on TV and last seen Nov 7, 2022 losing to Omos on Raw.
-Get injured at a Live event in December and is off TV until the Rumble
-Thrown into the 6-man Chamber match for the US Title
-Skips Wrestlemania to go back to NXT to face Grayson Waller, re-aggravates the injury
-Comes back right before Summerslam in time to miss it, losing to Omos on a house show.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

I can't blame Gargano and LeRae for signing with WWE. Candice returned too, they just had a kid, they want those big WWE paychecks, Triple H was in charge. It made a lot of sense

But man has Gargano's last year been dire.

-Returned in August 2022
-Does nothing notable on TV and last seen Nov 7, 2022 losing to Omos on Raw.
-Get injured at a Live event in December and is off TV until the Rumble
-Thrown into the 6-man Chamber match for the US Title
-Skips Wrestlemania to go back to NXT to face Grayson Waller, re-aggravates the injury
-Comes back right before Summerslam in time to miss it, losing to Omos on a house show.

Johnny hasn't been injured for quite some time. He just wasn't being used.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTNRdxE6p8

Highlights of the WWE Family Feud episode from yesterday, featuring Steve Harvey getting scandalized by Big E

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTNRdxE6p8

Highlights of the WWE Family Feud episode from yesterday, featuring Steve Harvey getting scandalized by Big E

I watched the show last night and one of the funnier things was how Xavier Woods got a wrong answer for suggesting an orange as a fruit or vegetable that resembles a woman's rear end. Except he started ranting on Twitter how that was bullshit and that it was a way better answer than squash, which was on the board. Like he could not let it go despite them winning.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oranges don’t look like asses. You’re in the wrong Xavier.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Orange Assidy

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

CombineThresher posted:

Is the PC still a knee implosion factory? I keep hearing that it's gotten better under new management (i.e. not Hugh Morris), and the common refrain everywhere else on the internet is that AEW needs something like it to develop their younger talent because the indies aren't good enough.

They have something like 8 people out with knee injuries right now in nxt, almost all of whom are women

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

mooseinfants posted:

They have something like 8 people out with knee injuries right now in nxt, almost all of whom are women

To be fair, this is because they've unfortunately been emulating what they've seen on AEW. Shawn Michaels has been trying to purge it from his locker room but the infection is pervasive, in no small part thanks to Dave Meltzer giving 5 stars for those dangerous matches.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Haha, 25k to fuckin Connor’s Cure. WWE just can’t even keep their grubby rear end fingers out of a game show for charity.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gavok posted:

I watched the show last night and one of the funnier things was how Xavier Woods got a wrong answer for suggesting an orange as a fruit or vegetable that resembles a woman's rear end. Except he started ranting on Twitter how that was bullshit and that it was a way better answer than squash, which was on the board. Like he could not let it go despite them winning.

Xavier if u compare your girlfriends rear end to an orange she is not gonna talk to u for the rest of the week cmon bro

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lamuella posted:

When it comes to putting his hands on people, Gable Steveson just won't take no for an answer.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Invalid Validation posted:

Haha, 25k to fuckin Connor’s Cure. WWE just can’t even keep their grubby rear end fingers out of a game show for charity.

Not only that, but there were 10 wwe superstars on it too, if you can believe it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I go with pumpkin butt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://torontosun.com/sports/other-sports/kevin-owens-remains-humble-despite-wwe-superstar-status

Kevin Owens' deal is up in 2025 and he doesn't know if that's when he'll retire or not

Kevin posted:

That’s a great question, ["what's left to do?"] I really don’t know. I used to say I don’t see myself not being in the ring for another five to 10 years. And if I said it right now, I’d be lying because over the last few months, I have to admit, I don’t know if that’s true anymore.

I look at things and I don’t know where I stand going beyond the next year and a half. I know I want to be involved in wrestling. I know I want to be involved in the WWE and I know I have a place here. I just don’t know where it is exactly. Maybe it’s still in the ring, maybe it’s not. I don’t know.

I think for the next year and a half, my focus is just on enjoying everything I do as much as possible. There’s not really a worry about winning a title or main-eventing WrestleMania or any of that stuff anymore, which are the dreams that everybody has because I’ve been so blessed and I’ve gotten to do all of that. So I just want to have fun and I want to give people fun times to remember me by.

Whether this is the end for my wrestling, I don’t know and I don’t want to sound dramatic, I don’t want to say this is a retirement speech or anything because I might still be wrestling for 10 years. I have no idea. My thought process right now is just to try to enjoy the next year and a half as much as I possibly can because I don’t know what’s on the other side. That’s really all I’m worrying about.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm glad he's thinking about his future.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

TK rubbing his hands together.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll be honest if I had Kevin Owens money I'd probably retire early too. Even if I loved wrestling I also love chilling at home a lot. But then you have folks like Funk who just didn't ever want to stop.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Open Marriage Night posted:

TK rubbing his hands together.

The window for KOSZ in AEW slammed shut a while ago. It ain't ever happening.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

I'll be honest if I had Kevin Owens money I'd probably retire early too.

He'd be 40/41 and without significant wear and tear/major injury history, in a business where relatively few escape that by 35

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

https://torontosun.com/sports/other-sports/kevin-owens-remains-humble-despite-wwe-superstar-status

Kevin Owens' deal is up in 2025 and he doesn't know if that's when he'll retire or not

If my WWE deal was almost up I would also publicly ponder what I wanted to do in the future.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Two years isn't really almost up, is it?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

Two years isn't really almost up, is it?

I was going by Owns saying a year and a half. But hell, the second I signed a contract I'd start talking publicly about how this might be my last contract.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Chris James 2 posted:

I can see him taking a break from wrestling, call that a retirement and unretire years later, wouldn't be the first guy to do it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Logan Paul and Ricochet promo

- Matt Riddle vs. Ludwig Kaiser

- Logan Paul segment

- Brock Lesnar -Cody video

- Maxxine Dupri vs. Valhalla

- Judgment Day promo

- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Tommaso Ciampa

- Cody Rhodes and Brock Lesnar promo

- SPOILER MATCH

- Becky Lynch and Trish Stratus Promo

- BIG SPOILER MATCH

- Shayna Baszler vs. Ronda Rousey Interview Part II

- Seth Rollins & Sami Zayn vs. Judgment Day

Backstage Notes:

- Apollo Crews vs. Bronson Reed was on Main Event

- Dana Brooke vs. Xia Li was on Main Event

SPOILERS

- Gunther, Giovanni Vinci, Alpha Academy, Viking Raiders, Zoey Stark, Rhea Ripley and Finn Balor are all at tonight's show.

- Chad Gable vs. Gunther will be set up for tonight's WWE Raw

- Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus is listed for tonight's show following their promo

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Raw's main event scene is dire

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Giving away Trish's first Raw singles match in 12 years with 30 seconds of advance notice

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

mooseinfants posted:

Raw's main event scene is dire

Reading those spoilers and pretending to be someone really excited about it: wow, a showdown between judgment day and seth FREAKIN rollins!!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’d like to say that reading the thread title still makes me chuckle every time and I’m glad for whoever said it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are some of the very few guys that the wwf uses consistently pretty well, they’re better off there. Tony wouldn’t know what to do with them

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

NienNunb posted:

Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are some of the very few guys that the wwf uses consistently pretty well, they’re better off there. Tony wouldn’t know what to do with them

Fed to Chris Jericho and Jungle Boy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

They’re used so awesomely, and consistently too.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NienNunb posted:

My counter-argument to that.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Chris James 2 posted:

He'd be 40/41 and without significant wear and tear/major injury history, in a business where relatively few escape that by 35

Lol the dudes had three knee reconstructions glad thats minor

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Don’t forget about his back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember that time Owens spent like a month straight taking insane bumps like every week getting thrown off poo poo by Strowman to build up Strowman winning Money in the Bank and the payoff was "No contest in Hell in a Cell"