Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://youtu.be/8cfjj80O7ic

Lmao

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jul 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
christ

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

out of curiosity i skipped ahead to see what kind of hard hitting questions they asked him and the first thing I heard was jimmy asking "is it hard to watch when you like both of the fighters who are fighting each other?" then turned it off

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

out of curiosity i skipped ahead to see what kind of hard hitting questions they asked him and the first thing I heard was jimmy asking "is it hard to watch when you like both of the fighters who are fighting each other?" then turned it off

As Jimmy has brought up over and over when promoting this interview, politics weren't ever brought up, which makes you wonder how bad the questions would have been if anything relevant would have been mentioned.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
For a look back at more positive times the Jim Breuer Pizza Man story is always worth a listen. A look at better days for all those fuckers, both Jim's even sound vaguely sane.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I bet jimmy was insufferable about this interview since he did it and will be for the rest of his life.
Should have been chip.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lol @ thinking your friendly interview with Donald Trump isn't political

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Norton takes the shape of whatever container you pour him into.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Animal-Mother posted:

still one of the funniest lines ever uttered on the show

i think it was Patrice or Quinn

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm going to see Quinn at JFL in September and I'm already a little bit excited

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Another Bill posted:

I'm going to see Quinn at JFL in September and I'm already a little bit excited

One of my favorite things in all media is when Quinn was promoting his red state blue state special on a late night show.

He tells a joke, something about dumb Americans in their Dundee Mifflin T-shirts. Then they cut to a clip of the special to promote it…

It’s literally the exact same joke he just told. You could tell he wanted to kill himself.

Jimmy was such a happy boy replaying that for him when he was on soon after.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

smarxist posted:

still one of the funniest lines ever uttered on the show

i think it was Patrice or Quinn

"Unfinished clone" will never be topped.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
"Albino Seaturtle who accidentally swam out of it's shell and ended up on the beach dead."

I also like the insult at Vos of "He looks like a jockey who stole his horses teeth"

I can't say I expected the Cash Cab guy to have the greatest roast set in history.

Or poo poo just remembering a shot at Keith Robinson, "You took lil Kev under your wing and he ripped it off and flew away with it."

TGG fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 31, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TGG posted:

Or poo poo just remembering a shot at Keith Robinson, "You took lil Kev under your wing and he ripped it off and flew away with it."

Lol

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Let's take a moment to imagine all the times in the future where Jimmy is going to start a sentence with "When I interviewed Trump,"

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoF4rB9iqAA

It is astounding to me how far this guy has fallen, the callers have gotten dumber as well.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

lol he's been going at it for like 10 years now and only has 145k subs on YouTube

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Sankis posted:

lol he's been going at it for like 10 years now and only has 145k subs on YouTube

he's still hilarious

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
can’t wait for the dark side of the 2000s episode about o&a vs Howard, they’re gonna probably get some real freaks on camera

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken

Animal-Mother posted:

"Jim looks like a sandcastle that the kids got bored playing with halfway through." -Colin Quinn

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Ron: My brother was a chief in the Coast Guard
Listener: I'm a chief
Ron: Oh, really? Well, you and him should probably do that thing that you do.

Ron (to Dave): You would never be able to get into the Coast Guard
Dave: No, I would love to. I love the open seas.
Ron: Well, you don't go that far out. You only go about twelve feet out.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Random question but did the folks at The Bonfire ever sing "We gon' be alright"?

A coworker randomly sang it and i just had a sudden sense of nostalgia/"I've heard that before", but when said coworker brought up the song, I'd never heard it. But in my head, I hear Dan Soder saying it.

So I imagine it was The Bonfire. Slightly less likely, Sam of Jim & Sam?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://www.youtube.com/clip/UgkxMCFZzbmA2_KlOIGK4zr9IBoDQDiyp_fP

Looks like there is a Vice doc coming out about O&A vs Stern lol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

that should be fun, it's all pretty fresh in my mind as a Constant Listener of both shows to basically the whole run before Ant getting fired, so where VICE gets lazy and takes the hosts word for poo poo will be funny to hear, considering it's all recorded...

also it's hilarious how hard they ate poo poo against Stern, lost and became irrelevant

the weirdest thing to me will always be how Sirius ended up owning XM when it seemed like XM was doing far better? but eh, i'm no "business man"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It doesn't sound like Opie or Anthony were interviewed for it and there is zero chance they talked to Howard.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
To me it always felt like Howard could give less than a poo poo about them and they were no more a nusicance than a fly in the studio and that drove O&A bonkers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Disappointing Pie posted:

To me it always felt like Howard could give less than a poo poo about them and they were no more a nusicance than a fly in the studio and that drove O&A bonkers.

Nah I think howard actively disliked them. They were bigger than he was in NY and Boston for a while. He wouldn't have got out of his way to gently caress with them behind the scenes if he didn't care about them at all.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Yeah maybe Howard stopped giving a poo poo about them eventually, but I don’t think he would have had them forcibly removed from a shareholders meeting or whatever if he truly didn’t care

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

mcmagic posted:

Opie's take on Ant's racism is apparently "If it works for him, great."

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Howard would ban guests that did O&A from his show I believe. I kinda wonder sometimes if that's why Gilbert couldn't get on the air anymore.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Odddzy posted:

Howard would ban guests that did O&A from his show I believe. I kinda wonder sometimes if that's why Gilbert couldn't get on the air anymore.

Didn't the woman who was running Howard's channels just not like Gilbert? I don't think that was an O&A thing....

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

didn't everybody admit after Opie was gone that the feud more or less was entirely in his head?

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
It seemed like once they were both in the same building after the merger almost all the staff were cool with each other.

Opie was the one who kept the feud going. He seemed to be the only one to take it personally when Howard would goof on them and say they had no listeners.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I’m remembering the bit where Paralyzed Opie would have to ride his wheelchair up and down the same elevator as Howard’s limo.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

TL posted:

I’m remembering the bit where Paralyzed Opie would have to ride his wheelchair up and down the same elevator as Howard’s limo.

"WHATTAYA WANT FOR BREAKFAST, HS?"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Howard admitted that he went to the bosses to get them to stop talking about him.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Howard lies all the time lol. Opie and his crew weren't allowed to walk where Howard would be in the building and people were cordoned off when Howard had to go from spot A to spot B if he had to walk in public areas. It's a classic Howard move to say they're all good but in practice we can see his actions don't match his words.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I honestly don't even know or even if I care at this juncture. 80% of everything we heard was Opie griping on the air about poo poo, so if there are corroborations or photos or whatever great, but also :nallears: I don't have any energy left in me for talkwars lol.

Even if Stern was telling management to tell them to keep his name out of their mouth, hey whatever. They obviously came out of the gate gunning to "take him down" or whatever and use his name and whatever reactions as a way to try and boost their own profile. The long sessions bitching about ratings numbers, markets, back office poo poo, and Opie's grudge were the worst parts of a show that was doing literally the funniest loving poo poo ever whenever Opie wasn't ruining it. Opie sucked, gently caress Opie, all of his best moments are sociopathic cringe in retrospect.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRpdPyjrSe4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dave's writing poo poo was amazing

I can't remember if it was Jack Donovan or a poem, but he had this weird detail about a character going to the store to buy camel wides and visit a friend to smoke, and Ron just bursts out with "CARLO!!!! Where'd ya get the wides?!" with this big jovial voice and it killed me

edit:
lmfao i just noticed the youtube thumb image derp