Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

StillFullyTerrible posted:

how do people forget what thread they're in so often, i have never once done that and i've been using these dead gay forums since 2008

it's because goons are both old as gently caress and deeply in denial about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Toilet Rascal
Also because almost every thread looks exactly the same and more often than not is on a derail anyway

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Phlegmish posted:

You guys thought this goon had described his actual daughter as having 'glitched into the building'

lol
Actually that was about the time my tired brain went, "oh, right, this is a Skyrim story" :v:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Commander Keene posted:

Actually that was about the time my tired brain went, "oh, right, this is a Skyrim story" :v:

exactly my experience. i had also recently woken up and was moderately hung over.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You should post that story verbatim in several threads abd see how long it takes people to figure it out.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Honestly the origin of the glitch being the kid playing with her friend and following her home is adorable. That sort of thing is why Skyrim jank is so fun.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I dunno, that sounds like something kids these days would be doing

drat kids, drinking their purple Grimace milkshakes and glitching into the backrooms with their little friends.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

CzarChasm posted:

drat kids, drinking their purple Grimace Skooma milkshakes and glitching into the backrooms with their little friends.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I thought he was taking about a real kid too, just with millennial lingo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
My heckin daughterino

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Where the gently caress am I

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

This is Morrowind. You're in the Census and Excise Offices in the port of Seyda Neen, in Vvardenfell District of the province of Morrowind.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

You'll have to be recorded before you're officially released. There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice is yours.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Looks like you clipped into the wrong thread, just noclip back out unless you wanted to sequence break

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

You'll have to be recorded before you're officially released. There are a few ways we can do this, and the choice is yours.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rfwfh9LB5m1ujkkfn.mp4

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
So, playing Remnant 2, a friend and I discovered a fun glitch:

It has a high-five emote, and when one person is awaiting the other person's high-five, in co-op, walking over and interacting with them will slide you into place for it through geometry.

Which allows you to skip hours of gameplay by getting through doors and walls, slide outside of boss arenas to places where you can hit them and they can't hit you and other wacky things. Plus, once your partner has solid footing on the far side, the interact zone for high-fives is generous enough that they can often slide you through to their side, or you can slide them back out if they grabbed the loot in there and its otherwise a dead end.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PurpleXVI posted:

It has a high-five emote, and when one person is awaiting the other person's high-five, in co-op, walking over and interacting with them will slide you into place for it through geometry.

Which allows you to skip hours of gameplay by getting through doors and walls, slide outside of boss arenas to places where you can hit them and they can't hit you and other wacky things. Plus, once your partner has solid footing on the far side, the interact zone for high-fives is generous enough that they can often slide you through to their side, or you can slide them back out if they grabbed the loot in there and its otherwise a dead end.

that sounds like a handy glitch

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

LifeSunDeath posted:

that sounds like a handy glitch

It really is, because a lot of the game's areas are structured as loops, often two or three regions long, just so you can come back to within ten meters of where you started and unlock a door from the other side. Said doors usually aren't thick enough to serve as barriers for the high five swap, so you can skip a huge chunk of the game.

And because of the bad(but not as bad as the first game, thank God) scaling, doing this won't even really leave you majorly underpowered by the time you face off against the area boss.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
That's pretty cool, you gotta hand it to them.
*Goes for a hi-five, phases into a different thread*

Croccers has a new favorite as of 15:38 on Aug 3, 2023

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

See, THIS guy gets it

Put in solid research, see things for yourself, base your judgement on personal experience, and then find joy in what you have discovered for yourself, with confidence

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

My least favourite Skyrim glitch involves NPCs and locked doors. Arcadia's potion shop in Skyrim is very small - so small that she will say a line of small talk even while the player is at the door about to leave. So she'll start saying a line like "I have salves, tonics, and poultices on my shelves - browse to your heart's content!" If the player leaves while Arcadia is in midsentence, she'll leave the shop in order to finish saying it, and lock the door. Then her character sees that the door is locked, and decides to go home for the day. So if you're not careful, you only get to visit that store once a day.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Chamale posted:

My least favourite Skyrim glitch involves NPCs and locked doors. Arcadia's potion shop in Skyrim is very small - so small that she will say a line of small talk even while the player is at the door about to leave. So she'll start saying a line like "I have salves, tonics, and poultices on my shelves - browse to your heart's content!" If the player leaves while Arcadia is in midsentence, she'll leave the shop in order to finish saying it, and lock the door. Then her character sees that the door is locked, and decides to go home for the day. So if you're not careful, you only get to visit that store once a day.

under certain conditions radiant ai is uncannily realistic

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

PurpleXVI posted:

Remnant 2 also has a very pettable dog. A+, would pet again.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Average Diablo 4 player

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Remnant 2 also has a very pettable dog. A+, would pet again.

It was bugged for us and only the owner could pet it. Made me sad.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Chamale posted:

I haven't run into this specific issue, and I routinely go into that shop to feed my crippling alchemy addiction. They may have smoothed out the dialogue glitch that pulls people through doors. I notice it happen, but not with shopkeepers.

I did fall through the geometry of a cave this morning, which teleported me to the bottom of the cave and within 10 yards of four bandits. It would have been cool if I planned it and had already transformed into a werewolf. But I didn't, and Todd Howard killed me. : (((((

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

PurpleXVI posted:

It was bugged for us and only the owner could pet it. Made me sad.

:smith: I'm sorry.

The rest of the game is so much better than the first one, especially having bosses that don't make me scream in rage, and the art design is stellar.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The rest of the game is so much better than the first one, especially having bosses that don't make me scream in rage, and the art design is stellar.

Which bosses in 1 upset you?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

It's... an alright game. Definitely not worth its price tag as a $50 game, and the randomization is to the game's detriment rather than benefit, in my experience. Since there isn't enough random stuff to really justify new playthroughs or make them feel special(given areas have VERY little variation, only WHICH areas vary, and there aren't that many), and it just means you sometimes get "half" puzzles(and you need to roll a new world for the other half to spawn... which might then because of bugs be missing the actual reward anyway, lmao) or miss out on good equipment and buffs because they didn't spawn in your "version" of the world.

Story is non-existent and what is there is comically bad and mishandled in every way. My co-op partner and I have rarely laughed so hard as we did at the ending, and I really do not think that was the intent.

Two out of three worlds just feel wholly lifted from Fromsoft games rather than having any identity of their own. Welcome to Bloodborne Land!

Two-thirds of the equipment, traits, etc. are just so bad they're useless, and of the remainder a few are so good there's no reason to use anything else.

But outside of the final boss, most of the bosses are pretty fun and good, a couple I'd even rate as all-time favourites for Soulsy games, either due to presentation, mechanics or both.

Main improvements is that the scaling is less dogshit(it could not have been worse than Remnants 1, though) and more or less stripping out a bunch of soulslike trash that has no purpose(corpse runs, lost resources and not having savepoints immediately outside every boss arena).

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

I finally got around to playing The Last of Us Part 2

I dunno how Dina survived this long in a zombie apocalypse

https://i.imgur.com/NMN1YAi.mp4

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't think that's so much a glitch as much as it is you walking backwards into a second tripwire.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Victim blame much? The fault clearly lies with the person who put the tripwire there

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Just do what I do and always blame Todd Howard.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

SpacePig posted:

I don't think that's so much a glitch as much as it is you walking backwards into a second tripwire.

:lmao:

Turns out I was the idiot after all

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Sentient Data posted:

Victim blame much? The fault clearly lies with the person who put the tripwire there

:hmmyes:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Toilet Rascal

Metroid Fitzgerald posted:

:lmao:

Turns out I was the idiot after all

You are my favorite game glitch

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

PurpleXVI posted:

It's... an alright game. Definitely not worth its price tag as a $50 game, and the randomization is to the game's detriment rather than benefit, in my experience. Since there isn't enough random stuff to really justify new playthroughs or make them feel special(given areas have VERY little variation, only WHICH areas vary, and there aren't that many), and it just means you sometimes get "half" puzzles(and you need to roll a new world for the other half to spawn... which might then because of bugs be missing the actual reward anyway, lmao) or miss out on good equipment and buffs because they didn't spawn in your "version" of the world.

Story is non-existent and what is there is comically bad and mishandled in every way. My co-op partner and I have rarely laughed so hard as we did at the ending, and I really do not think that was the intent.

Two out of three worlds just feel wholly lifted from Fromsoft games rather than having any identity of their own. Welcome to Bloodborne Land!

Two-thirds of the equipment, traits, etc. are just so bad they're useless, and of the remainder a few are so good there's no reason to use anything else.

But outside of the final boss, most of the bosses are pretty fun and good, a couple I'd even rate as all-time favourites for Soulsy games, either due to presentation, mechanics or both.

Main improvements is that the scaling is less dogshit(it could not have been worse than Remnants 1, though) and more or less stripping out a bunch of soulslike trash that has no purpose(corpse runs, lost resources and not having savepoints immediately outside every boss arena).

After trying to play and bouncing hard off all the From Software games (timed melee is just not my thing) and not owning a console, I have no idea what Bloodbourne land looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Victorian England, just slightly less depressing.