Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
“There's no way I'm going back to college. I'm a teacher, I'm done learning.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpzI2WhzoBY

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

interesting story about the screws in those hinges

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

"The day before Thanksgiving, in my opinion, is the busiest travel day of the year." Is the quintessential Peggy line.

“I told my readers to harness the cleaning power of ammonia with the whitening power of bleach.” is runner-up.

"Swing? You get Nancy and I get Dale? Who's the clear winner there? Dale!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like how visibly pissed Peggy got when Bobby came up with "Propaniacs" instead of "Propane Maniacs" and then she kept trying to use her version throughout the episode lol

haljordan fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 31, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

namlosh posted:

“There's no way I'm going back to college. I'm a teacher, I'm done learning.”

She’s got more great lines than any literary character ever

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

'Genetic', as in fatal?!

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

haljordan posted:

'Genetic', as in fatal?!

The doctor responding with an incredibly disdainful "No" cracks me up every time.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

SettingSun posted:

The doctor responding with an incredibly disdainful "No" cracks me up every time.

Hah, he really did seem super annoyed.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I like that doctor when peggys asking him to basically mutilate her feet into a smaller size hes like " We... We dont do that here!"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Peggy talking down to doctors and other people who are far more competent than her is always a riot.

"What about that laser over there? You use that laser on my husband right now!"

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Bobby : So the guy says "I'm switching my trailer park to propane I need 500 tanks" a minute before closing! You should have seen Jo Jack, he pulled a flask out of his desk and started drinking. It was so funny!

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Hazo posted:

Peggy talking down to doctors and other people who are far more competent than her is always a riot.

"What about that laser over there? You use that laser on my husband right now!"

Funny thing to me about this one is the optometrist says ok and reaches to do it before Hank interrupts and stops him.
Just like the posh veterinarian he’s itching to use his expensive toys

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

PinheadSlim posted:

Bobby : So the guy says "I'm switching my trailer park to propane I need 500 tanks" a minute before closing! You should have seen Jo Jack, he pulled a flask out of his desk and started drinking. It was so funny!

Things looked pretty bleak when we lost Joe Jack because of.....well we all know what happened at the Taco Bueno.

Also I think Luanne referenced Joe Jack's flask once and called it "his mini-canteen" lol

haljordan fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 31, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Joe-Jack, you sober?

I've had my coffee.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

SettingSun posted:

Joe-Jack, you sober?

I've had my coffee.

When he comes back, I say we throw a blanket over his head and do what feels right.

Joe Jack was definitely my favorite supporting character.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Does anyone have that 10 hour vid of him laughing

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

When I think of "best episodes" I don't normally think of this one but actually it might be up there.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

PinheadSlim posted:

When I think of "best episodes" I don't normally think of this one but actually it might be up there.

It's really Peggy distilled. There are so many little aspects of her personality that come out, like how she'll emphasize how she can roll her R's and accent some parts of words correctly, but then call chicken "pollo" with hard L's.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

"Your honor, you seem like a very reasonable horse. I am very pregnant about Lupe."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO JAIL

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I thought Tartuffe the Spry Wonder Dog was just a silly nonsense word when I first watched it, but then I read the play in college and realized someone on the writing staff was being a little self aware lol.

Peggy is phenomenal, but Gilbert's first episode is easily my favorite of the series. This Tennessee Williams pastiche has no right to be in this Texas slice of life comedy but it works way too well.

naem
May 29, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does anyone have that 10 hour vid of him laughing

https://youtu.be/N3PjsCPJIhs

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKEjv8ZdbCY

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

manero posted:

It's really Peggy distilled. There are so many little aspects of her personality that come out, like how she'll emphasize how she can roll her R's and accent some parts of words correctly, but then call chicken "pollo" with hard L's.

Arroz con chicken

Blue Labrador posted:

I thought Tartuffe the Spry Wonder Dog was just a silly nonsense word when I first watched it, but then I read the play in college and realized someone on the writing staff was being a little self aware lol.

The play by Moliere is actually really, really funny if you see it live. Or is there a spry wonder dog character in theater I'm not aware of?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I swear I've seen a filmed performance starring Rowan Atkinson.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nancy, I'm so glad you finally decided to follow my advice and love Dale.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I wish Joseph was here, now there's a guy who enjoys watching a good stabbing

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
"Who? Who in the media tricked you?"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

"Who? Who in the media tricked you?"

"What about the women with the big boobies?"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They don't need any more help.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Maybe you cooked them wrong.

*groan* uh you don’t know me so I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Maybe you cooked them wrong.

*groan* uh you don’t know me so I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that.

lmao

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A friend came back from Texas noting that, much like Australia, there's a stereotype of being wild carefree larrikins/good ol' boys when the reality is it's full of uptight, incurious, incredibly repressed snobs, probably with a chain of psychological damage going back to Victorian England. King of the Hill is probably almost unique in that it gets that, and explores the archetype a bit from multiple angles.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i think the jokes are funny

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
I've got a sense of humor; I laugh at Tony Danza.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Fishstick posted:

I've got a sense of humor; I laugh at Tony Danza.
I laugh at Tony Danza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Fur20 posted:

The only votin' I care to do is votin' on whether we're goin' to the Luby's or the Whataburger this Friday night. And I hate to tell you this, Uncle Hank, because I know how you feel about tellin' people who you voted for, but it's gonna be Luby's

lmao