Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Scott and Tawnie today was great. Guests who play into the negativity always bring out very funny poo poo. (See, every PFT character that is openly hostile towards Scott.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MokBa posted:

Scott and Tawnie today was great. Guests who play into the negativity always bring out very funny poo poo. (See, every PFT character that is openly hostile towards Scott.)

i still laugh thinking about scott just resignedly saying "god i hate you" in a very cathartic way on a particularly snotty big chunky bubbles appearance

e: oh i shouldnt have had a bowl before this episode

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 1, 2023

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

It’s great because anything where Scott and Paul are not in character, they get along better than any people can. Threedom is my favorite show for just chilling out and listening to friends gently caress around.

Scott also shared a really loving post about Paul Reubens today on Instagram.

https://twitter.com/comedybangbang/status/1686069737833316359?s=61&t=l3UaNwaqSfO2fx3jbb747Q

Original post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CvXp4olJsDo/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The plugs theme at the end of Grumpy Scott really got me in a way that it wouldn't have on a more normal episode

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

The plugs theme at the end of Grumpy Scott really got me in a way that it wouldn't have on a more normal episode

i think it got scott, too

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I do agree with Scott that I don't want the show to be deep personal conversations with guests about intimate topics, but part of me thinks it would be very funny if Scott pivoted to that for the duration of the strike and then went back to the normal show afterwards without saying anything about it

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MokBa posted:

I love how they talked about this on the Best Ofs, and Scott said "A lot of your characters are hostile to me" and Paul said "Just about all of my characters are hostile to you." The only ones I can think of right now that aren't, are Cal Solomon and Shimmy.

Also, Jack Quaid, Tawny Newsome. I love celebrity guests that "leave" mid show can come back playing a character.

Speedboat Jones fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 3, 2023

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

I love how they talked about this on the Best Ofs, and Scott said "A lot of your characters are hostile to me" and Paul said "Just about all of my characters are hostile to you." The only ones I can think of right now that aren't, are Cal Solomon and Shimmy.

Also, Jack Quaid, Tawny Newsome. I love celebrity guests that "leave" mid show can come back playing a character.

Alimony Tony is friendly too

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I kinda get it. Scott's questions are so weird and impossible to answer, and his relationship with PFT is tight enough that inevitably you're gonna say something like "are you a moron or something" and then it's all yes and to combat town from there

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's always very funny. I really enjoy listening to the live shows and hearing Scott getting more and more sick as he talks to an endless series of fake people who hate everything he does.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
One of the first episodes I listened to was a “deep personal conversation” with Patton Oswalt that a character crashed which I always liked as a premise.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe we could combine the ideas and have deep personal conversations with characters until the strike ends

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Sorta reminds me of that one HH where they just had a sincere discussion about their friendship and professional relationship

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No new Scott Hasn’t Seen today as there’s a new episode of We Have To Stop Talking instead.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Seaniqua posted:

Sorta reminds me of that one HH where they just had a sincere discussion about their friendship and professional relationship

which was this. I sorta remember

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

They might also be running into that issue a few other movie review podcasts are where they're sorting out how to do Scott Hasn't Seen w/o promoting movies and thereby scabbing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Scott Will Not See

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
Scott learning what Ctrl-F does in 2023. now the iPhone dings in all those episodes make sense

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

CatstropheWaitress posted:

They might also be running into that issue a few other movie review podcasts are where they're sorting out how to do Scott Hasn't Seen w/o promoting movies and thereby scabbing.

I dunno SAG or WGA rules but I dunno if talking about 30 year old movies technically counts as scabbing

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's messed up but films don't enter the public domain after 30 years.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

No new Scott Hasn’t Seen today as there’s a new episode of We Have To Stop Talking instead.

Does Sprague even like the Ninja Turtles anymore?

grittyreboot posted:

I dunno SAG or WGA rules but I dunno if talking about 30 year old movies technically counts as scabbing

Think it's more about the guests, why come on if they can't promote anything.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 7, 2023

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

Does Sprague even like the Ninja Turtles anymore?

This was very funny and a bit sad.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I assume the strike is the reason they were able to get James Austin Johnson to do the podcast, and I'm loving him on this episode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not gonna lie, I have no issue with character A blocks over actors promoting their latest network sitcom that doesn’t survive 7 episodes. Not saying those can’t be fun, but eh way more of a coin flip.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I love that Scott did try and start a heartfelt conversation about big issues with Adjacent Mantzoukis.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Speedboat Jones posted:

I assume the strike is the reason they were able to get James Austin Johnson to do the podcast, and I'm loving him on this episode.

He was in episodes 703 and 769 as well!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Mons Hubris posted:

He was in episodes 703 and 769 as well!

703 is great. Has PFT as Original Fig, Langston Kerman, and Johnson as Trump. I think his Trump is by far the most inspired, not only because he gets the mannerisms down so well but he also narrows down on Trump's obsession with Z-tier celebrity gossip.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I like to think of JAJ’s Trump—at least in that episode—as one from a Less Dark Timeline in which he didn’t become president, so his brainworms weren’t quite so malicious and he’s instead just a goofy as gently caress chowderhead

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

root beer posted:

I like to think of JAJ’s Trump—at least in that episode—as one from a Less Dark Timeline in which he didn’t become president, so his brainworms weren’t quite so malicious and he’s instead just a goofy as gently caress chowderhead

I'm all for alt history characters like Carl Tart's OJ that nobody knows was on trial for murder.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Take care now

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Well we didn't get our biweekly hey randy, but i will happily accept andy daly on this book changed my life as a consolation

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ainsley McTree posted:

Well we didn't get our biweekly hey randy, but i will happily accept andy daly on this book changed my life as a consolation

Him and Rodgers were an absolute delight, everyone making everyone buss up.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Jacob Wysocki creating the Kushtopia Podcast Universe

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The pivot made me laugh so hard. Give Jacob his Kushtopia CBB Presents already.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

JethroMcB posted:

The pivot made me laugh so hard. Give Jacob his Kushtopia CBB Presents already.

Kushtopia must have Cooter the Supercomputer like some kind of Unicron or All-Spark or whatever the transformers thing is, running the whole show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Listening to the first character guest introducing herself this week was very funny to me. I think it's a result of Scott grumpily asking people what their thing is.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Squishy posted:

Listening to the first character guest introducing herself this week was very funny to me. I think it's a result of Scott grumpily asking people what their thing is.

Will Hines has done that too a few times, just right after he was introduced he goes “OK SO MY DEAL IS…” I also think that might have been him trying to establish his character before everyone else hijacks it from him like when they made his demon character a racist who likes blackface

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
PFT's new character: "I like it."

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

erin whitehead rules lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Erin's so good, have her on every CBB show.