Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Iodised QQ posted:

Speaking of young wrs and since people have asked about jalin Hyatt in this thread before, he's running with the Giants 1's the past few days and looks great. He's also topped 24mph multiple times thus far in shorts

everyone who ran 40s that day are suspect. No way is everyone suddenly way slower than expected. Hyatt ran a 4.4 and was expected to get into the 4.2s

Rashee Rice looks fast in camp and ran a 4.51. Then he ran for coaches and ran a 4.4. I'm sure there are others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

I had read somewhere that there were rumors he had hamstring issues around that time but it's probably just Twitter bullshit

Either way he's fast as hell on the field so I'm glad the suspect 40s that day allowed him to drop to the third round

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
lol at washed up Aaron rodgers as the fourth best quarterback in the league. He’s not even a top three QB in his division

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Iodised QQ posted:

Speaking of young wrs and since people have asked about jalin Hyatt in this thread before, he's running with the Giants 1's the past few days and looks great. He's also topped 24mph multiple times thus far in shorts

He's caught at least one bomb touchdown every day but is also adding in actual routes

https://twitter.com/giants/status/1686040070581612544?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1685694181618946048?s=46&t=lHimM6yryXEjSbBJQkXOHg

Gotta love training camp hype season

Hyatt is gonna be a star

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I picked him and Cedric Tillman up late in dynasty draft. One of those two is going to hit.

If they both fail I'll just blame Doltos

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bismack Billabongo posted:

lol at washed up Aaron rodgers as the fourth best quarterback in the league. He’s not even a top three QB in his division

He's #1 in the league at getting picked off by Kerby Joseph.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

lol

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

“It wasn’t just Russell.”

“But everybody’s got a little stink on their hands. It’s not just Russell.”

He’s literally saying that Wilson sucked but there was also plenty of suck to go around and blaming all of it on Wilson is stupid. He’s 100% correct. Hackett was in way over his head and everyone on the offense looked terrible.

Wilson isn’t the player he used to be but he didn’t turn into the worst starter in the league over one offseason without a lot of help.

I disagree completely. He’s clearly making excuses for Wilson and in one case totally absolving him of blame to secure the relationship and build up hype. It’s not at all an objective evaluation.

Obviously Hackett was pure trash but, let’s be real, Wilson was a garbageman last season and a lot of that was his own fault.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 1, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

If you say "Let's Ride" three times in a mirror, Russell Wilson appears behind you with a dangerous Subway sandwich.

I don't know if this is true because I'm too scared to go past two times...

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

King Hong Kong posted:

I disagree completely. He’s clearly making excuses for Wilson and in one case totally absolving him of blame to secure the relationship and build up hype. It’s not at all an objective evaluation.

Obviously Hackett was pure trash but, let’s be real, Wilson was a garbageman last season and a lot of that was his own fault.

“It’s not JUST Russell,” means that Russell is included in the group of people who sucked. He’s obviously not going to come out and say “yea, the QB I’m stuck with is irredeemably washed” because that would be incredibly stupid, but at no point did he say anything positive about how Wilson played last year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

“It’s not JUST Russell,” means that Russell is included in the group of people who sucked. He’s obviously not going to come out and say “yea, the QB I’m stuck with is irredeemably washed” because that would be incredibly stupid, but at no point did he say anything positive about how Wilson played last year.

Except he said it wasn't Russell's fault explicitly.--

“That wasn’t his fault,” Payton said of Wilson. “That was the parents who allowed it. That’s not an incrimination on him, but an incrimination on the head coach, the GM (George Paton), the president (Damani Leech) and everybody else who watched it all happen."

So he's either just full of poo poo or not taking any account of what he's actually saying

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The off-season is almost over thank Christ

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it just clicked for me that this Quarterbacks show is the NFL trying to jump on the Drive to Survive bandwagon

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

Except he said it wasn't Russell's fault explicitly.--

“That wasn’t his fault,” Payton said of Wilson. “That was the parents who allowed it. That’s not an incrimination on him, but an incrimination on the head coach, the GM (George Paton), the president (Damani Leech) and everybody else who watched it all happen."

So he's either just full of poo poo or not taking any account of what he's actually saying

That quote was specifically about him having his own QB coach and a bunch of other support staff that were separate from the team staff.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
From what I'm hearing, Kyle Trask is better than Aaron Rodgers. Jets in the mud.

I guess we'll find out during joint practices.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

The implication of “he was bad because of other people” is “he wasn’t actually that bad, the other people were bad.” I’m not sure how this isn’t clear. Payton basically spells it out when he says he thinks Wilson isn’t any different and then blamed the coaching for making it hard for him. Then saying that the player had no responsibility for bringing in his own staff, which is ludicrous.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That quote was specifically about him having his own QB coach and a bunch of other support staff that were separate from the team staff.

And his own private office! Lmao

Like being a QB is being “team leader” and you’re acting like some anonymous faceless CEO, canned inspiration speeches and all

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Does anyone else remember that cubicle Kirk Cousins was proudly showing off on one of these shows? It barely had enough room to turn around and Cousins was talking about how he memorized the entire offensive playbook while sitting in there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Isentropy posted:

Like being a QB is being “team leader” and you’re acting like some anonymous faceless CEO, canned inspiration speeches and all

This reminded me of the video where Russ is trying to high five everyone walking into the locker room and pump them up. It was so sad, the people who engaged were like 'meh, sure' and some just walked right by.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

You guys are all going to miss it when you don't have ol' Dangeruss to kick around anymore.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

We still have Dak

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

fsif posted:

You guys are all going to miss it when you don't have ol' Dangeruss to kick around anymore.

You're gawt drat right we will

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fsif posted:

Who is the next QB in line to be the corniest with a bland, corporate persona?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Codependent Poster posted:

the guy who puts mayo in coffee

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Silly Burrito posted:

Levis got angry and snarly that he wasn't drafted in the first and flew home to sulk. He might end up a smiler but he's not a Russell Wilson.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

3 DONG HORSE posted:

If you say "Let's Ride" three times in a mirror, Russell Wilson appears behind you with a dangerous Subway sandwich.

I just did this, and Russ handed me a Subway tuna melt, which is definitely the most dangerous of all the Subway sandwiches. It’s a coinflip as to whether or not the tuna is spoiled.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

King Hong Kong posted:

The implication of “he was bad because of other people” is “he wasn’t actually that bad, the other people were bad.” I’m not sure how this isn’t clear.

If he wanted to say “Russ wasn’t actually that bad,” he probably would have just said that. He clearly thinks Wilson performed badly but he’s a professional football coach, of course he thinks coaching can have a big effect on how players perform!

I’m not even saying I agree, Russ could be broken and I’ve thought he was overrated for a while, but “he sucked but he was surrounded by incompetence,” isn’t even damning with faint praise it’s just damning with fainter damning.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I tried this and it didn’t work but my bath tub is filled with Horsey Sauce :confused:

Codependent Poster posted:

Guys these days have someone managing their brand/image to some degree. So we may get fewer absolute weirdos (at both the Rodgers and Wilson extremes) which is a drat shame

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 1, 2023

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm really excited to see what Russ does this season. He was great in Seattle and loving awful in his one season in Denver, so either we will learn that he needs a very specific system, needs to not be a part of another specific system, or totally lost it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Silly Burrito posted:

eww what the gently caress

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lifespan posted:

I'm really excited to see what Russ does this season. He was great in Seattle and loving awful in his one season in Denver, so either we will learn that he needs a very specific system, needs to not be a part of another specific system, or totally lost it.

Payton fixing Russ, or deciding he is broken beyond repair and shooting him in the head, or being unable to do either because he is a massive fraud propped up by Brees is definitely one of the biggest national storylines. We will all have a front row seat.

Denver doesn't have half their games in primetime this year thank god, but they still have 4 vs Chiefs, Bills, Vikings, Patriots. Tbh their schedule is full of games that look awesome on paper. And then like the Commanders and Texans I guess. If they can't win one of those, maybe they are in the Caleb sweepstakes and Russ starts trying to compete with Peyton Manning for the Denver fast food franchise title.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 1, 2023

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Payton fixing Russ, or deciding he is broken beyond repair and shooting him in the head, or being unable to do either because he is a massive fraud propped up by Brees is definitely one of the biggest national storylines. We will all have a front row seat.

Denver doesn't have half their games in primetime this year thank god, but they still have 4 vs Chiefs, Bills, Vikings, Patriots. Tbh their schedule is full of games that look awesome on paper. And then like the Commanders and Texans I guess. If they can't win one of those, maybe they are in the Caleb sweepstakes and Russ starts trying to compete with Peyton Manning for the Denver fast food franchise title.

I don't think Denver is anywhere near the Caleb sweepstakes, even if Russ is broken

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Shindragon posted:

eww what the gently caress

Man loves some food crime

https://youtu.be/NB4GFa7ZOAg

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

I don't think Denver is anywhere near the Caleb sweepstakes, even if Russ is broken

I may have been reaching for a terrible Peyton/Payton fast food post.

Was just saying their schedule looks tough and if they can't even win the cupcake matchups, yikes. Everyone assumes Payton, Russ, or both will figure it out. But what if they don't? What if Evero was more crucial to the defense than anyone realized?

The Broncos' floor is still some circle of hell.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I'm sure I'm 2 weeks late on running back contract chat, but hearing ex NFL gms rant and rave about supply and demand makes me want to kick them in the shins.

You cannot transpose econ 101 terms like supply and demand into a cartel with forced fixed price /fixed destination contracts for the prime of a career.

There is nothing free about that market. The NFL's structure is set up to force certain position players to accept smaller contracts than their production would dictate. The cap savings from those deals usually go to the team version of a CEO, the quarterback. This goes back to the NFL creating the quarterback club and splitting the union that way to break the 87 strike. (and other things but i'm keeping it simple here)

Sorry i've been listening to too much mike lombardi and getting annoyed at his airport book reading level knowledge of economics. "It's good for teams to save money!" genius, bravo, totally getting to the heart of it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

I may have been reaching for a terrible Peyton/Payton fast food post.

Was just saying their schedule looks tough and if they can't even win the cupcake matchups, yikes. Everyone assumes Payton, Russ, or both will figure it out. But what if they don't? What if Evero was more crucial to the defense than anyone realized?

The Broncos' floor is still some circle of hell.

Oh they could still bottom out. I just struggle to see them being worse than Arizona or Houston or Vegas

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Training Camp Hall of Famer Will Levis is a weirdo freak but I'll forgive it if he gets us a Super Bowl.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Levis being the best of this years crop would indeed be pretty funny.

In other news, Mike Silver has a column out on Trey Lance and Brandon Allen battling for the Niners QB3 roster spot, with a trade very likely if anyone actually wanted him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/marlon_humphrey/status/1686162899167780864?s=46&t=BSzhFErQ6N9N1FAHwRiTEg

thank u marlon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Docjowles posted:

Payton will definitely get something out of Russ.