Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

That's a clever way to scale cider clicks. Of course...

That’s like the first thing I’m doing when I get 10,000 slots ngl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

H110Hawk posted:

That's a clever way to scale cider clicks. Of course...

"Here's your small fee", I say as I gesture to the three silos full of corn.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Have we considered ROOMBA is just Jill in a robot costume? = P

EDIT: I wonder if it's now worth it to invest in the wine celler. I had the cheapest "wine increases the price faster" upgrade but all advice was bot bother with any upgrades because the rewards were not worth it.

Getting to level 60 in the Tower has nearly doubled the price cap from 8 million to 14 million.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 31, 2023

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

i have all the wine cellar +price upgrades and at tower 186 the cap is 42m per bottle. major increase but still not something i'd really invest in given how long it takes

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
With no upgrades T199 I'm at 28m/bottle in 2 months. That's 4.2bn. Or 9x50 large nets. If you're drowning in points and gold why not but otherwise, I wouldn't worry. Patreon people who get gold every month should do it because who cares at that point.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

43m per bottle at T199
* 500 bottles with all perks
=
21.5b for all bottles at maturity
/ 37 days for maturity with all perks
=
580m per day
/ 14m per net throw
=
40 LN per day equivalent

Total cost of upgrades: 2100g

Whereas if you just bought nets:

2100g
* 40 LN per gold
=
84,000 LN
* 14m per net throw
=
1.2T silver if converting to LN

Breakeven:

1.2T / 580m per day = 2000 days ish

Ruggan fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 31, 2023

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

There’s an argument to be made that trading prices are in flux and that not everybody trades.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Man I dunno how I feel about this Charming Personality perk, I normally get excited when I see mailbox notices as some goon has dumped nice things in there, now it might just be 3 lemons.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Rakeris posted:

Man I dunno how I feel about this Charming Personality perk, I normally get excited when I see mailbox notices as some goon has dumped nice things in there, now it might just be 3 lemons.

You get used to it.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Ugh every so often I dump 2000 of each bug into the various townfolk who like them when I hit inventory cap. I apparently did that twice with the green beetle and now I'm out with the new quest line.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ruggan posted:

43m per bottle at T199
* 500 bottles with all perks
=
21.5b for all bottles at maturity
/ 37 days for maturity with all perks
=
580m per day
/ 14m per net throw
=
40 LN per day equivalent

Total cost of upgrades: 2100g

Whereas if you just bought nets:

2100g
* 40 LN per gold
=
84,000 LN
* 14m per net throw
=
1.2T silver if converting to LN

Breakeven:

1.2T / 580m per day = 2000 days ish

How do you get 14 M per LN throw? With pincher and shrimp? I'm only around 11 M. That's a lot of cooking or more gold to spend. Not that it changes your overall point, it would still be more than 1500 days to break even. Maybe 1500 flat out when accounting for the Bottle Warmer perk.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Rakeris posted:

I normally get excited when I see mailbox notices as some goon has dumped 3 lemons.

Got it!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

NFX posted:

How do you get 14 M per LN throw? With pincher and shrimp? I'm only around 11 M. That's a lot of cooking or more gold to spend. Not that it changes your overall point, it would still be more than 1500 days to break even. Maybe 1500 flat out when accounting for the Bottle Warmer perk.

Yes, exactly. Pincher and shrimp. And all the perks.

I would say it's not that bad at end game. Either cook them or buy the meals at 3AP each in trade. When you throw a bunch of nets you really ought to be eating meals.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Yeah I just randomly cook extra meals if I'm out of pie stuff. It helps if you can not worry about optimal stir/taste/season. If you need meals just ask.

Single net is 11.4m unbuffed. At 2.5m/net that's 20bn/8000 inventory. Well worth 2 meals.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The only time I'm not eating when throwing nets is when I'm full of nets and just need to dump off a few to be able to clear my mailbox.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

:gbsmith:

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Don't think I'm going to make the 10k hot potatoes, still 377 away and time is running out!

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Starkk posted:

Don't think I'm going to make the 10k hot potatoes, still 377 away and time is running out!

Dm me in game (same username) and I'll send you what you need.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I have 800 or so HP if anyone needs any for a last minute push.

Also check giveaways chat.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Thank you all! I have completed and claimed the reward!

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

8one6 posted:

Dm me in game (same username) and I'll send you what you need.

Thank you so much!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Update dropped. New temple quest for yellow watermelons this month, similar to hot potato but not tradable. Also, double GJ with cookies is now no longer a strat.

Milk carton and toilet paper are craftable again - GM the former is possible, but good luck with TP.

If you want to complete the temple this month, get growing. You’ll get about 100 per GJ day, so if you use all month’s GJ without cookies you’re about 3k/5k. So either plan to use some cookies or grow on the side or both.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
I'm really not a fan of this trend of monthly crop jails with one-time missable items at the end of the grind.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Unponderable posted:

I'm really not a fan of this trend of monthly crop jails with one-time missable items at the end of the grind.

:same:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This quick craft but might actually get me to stop playing because it’s legit infuriating.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Unponderable posted:

Amen. Gets in the way of GMing other things.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Just don't do it?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Daily update posted:

SMALL CHANGE TO MEAL USE
- Meals will no longer be allowed to be used from 11:55pm through Nightly Server Reset completion
- There's been some strategies used that were not intended or expected and negatively effect balance and planning of quests and temple chains, so we needed to make this change
- It is also being changed in the nature of fairness as many players are not up playing around Nightly Server Reset

Dammit, wish I'd thought of that before they patched it

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bet they're gonna remove cookies stacking.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Unponderable posted:

obviously no way to know for sure but generally stuff like this comes back around in a year's time with progress maintained. that's how they've treated seasonal quests anyway, i don't think anything is permanently missable

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I triple cookied this morning and got just under a thousand yellow watermelons

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Heads up for late game people: stock up on orange geckos again today from Borgen because you're gonna need like 4000 more for the STARMAP quests lmao

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kaboobi posted:

Heads up for late game people: stock up on orange geckos again today from Borgen because you're gonna need like 4000 more for the STARMAP quests lmao

gently caress. I blew mine on ACs because Crab Claws etc.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

widespread posted:

gently caress. I blew mine on ACs because Crab Claws etc.

crack open some medium chests and make more ACs while buying geckos

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kaboobi posted:

crack open some medium chests and make more ACs while buying geckos

... wait gently caress I forgot Apple Ciders and Ancient Coins have the same acronym.

Gonna see how many chests I got real quick.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wtf are the bears favourites? I can’t find him on the almanac. I also can’t find Geist and I’m sure he was there the other week.

Is this what a stroke feels like? Should I call a doctor?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thank you.

Oak is the only one I didn’t have then.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Kaboobi posted:

Yo I had no idea about this and am sitting at less than half that amount so thanks for the heads-up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Atoramos posted:

Yo I had no idea about this and am sitting at less than half that amount so thanks for the heads-up

looks like you're also going to need a mere 24,000 crab claws too so