Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

mutantIke posted:

Somehow I had no clue DUDEMEAL was referencing a real actual Taco Bell promotion known as "Fourthmeal". If she is a down girl she will eat Fourthmeal.

That fourthmeal was when I really feel like they were advertising to me as a stoner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

theironjef posted:

I live 30 minutes from Mexico and can get insanely fresh jicama, and even with that it still basically just answers the question "What if an apple tasted like nothing?"

I feel like Cornelius that one time he invited Ray to come fishin' and Ray called the fish 'muddy'

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

That fourthmeal was when I really feel like they were advertising to me as a stoner.

It really is funny that Taco Bell's entire brand image is the charmingly trashy one. 100% content with being "gently caress it, you'll eat this garbage"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

mutantIke posted:

It really is funny that Taco Bell's entire brand image is the charmingly trashy one. 100% content with being "gently caress it, you'll eat this garbage"

Probably because Del Taco and El Pollo Loco has covered the mid tier fast food Mexican Food segment pretty thoroughly, though at that point you start having to compete with the local and micro chain taco shops

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
For me the defining moment for Taco Bell was the time (about fifteen years ago) where they had to put out press releases declaring that the beef and chicken in their food did so meet the technical legal definition of "meat".

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Taco Bell: Technically Meat.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

mutantIke posted:

they also lean a lot into their “the only really veg-friendly fast food place” image imo

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Taco Bell is all winks and nudges, meanwhile Jack in the Box went after the Bongwater Brigade much more directly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZWc1tTKSws

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

drrockso20 posted:

Probably because Del Taco and El Pollo Loco has covered the mid tier fast food Mexican Food segment pretty thoroughly, though at that point you start having to compete with the local and micro chain taco shops

You say that but in like 48 out of 50 states Taco Bell isn't in competition with anyone for Mexican fast food.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Ok Comboomer posted:

they also lean a lot into their “the only really veg-friendly fast food place” image imo

It is in fact extremely good for vegetarians though.

SacrificialGoat
Oct 8, 2003

Catjaw is a hero of the people

Ok Comboomer posted:

Subway works well for me as a vegan, you can just pile on all the veggies for free.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Subway is very good if you're a duck, too.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

You say that but in like 48 out of 50 states Taco Bell isn't in competition with anyone for Mexican fast food.

Imagine how bad it is up here in Canada :negative:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, come on, now, we have Tacotime, home of the "Mexi-fries" (tater tots with salsa on the side)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

When it's time for tacos it's Tacotime

Somebody wrote that

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

theironjef posted:

I live 30 minutes from Mexico and can get insanely fresh jicama, and even with that it still basically just answers the question "What if an apple tasted like nothing?"

it's mostly just a delivery system for chamoy and/or tajin. the kids i went to elementary school with just skipped the middle man and ate tajin straight from the bottle.

Phy posted:

Oh, come on, now, we have Tacotime, home of the "Mexi-fries" (tater tots with salsa on the side)

Taco Time isn't good Mexican food but I really enjoy those crisp burritos on the rare occasion when I'm in a state that has Taco Times and I think to stop.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

FMguru posted:

For me the defining moment for Taco Bell was the time (about fifteen years ago) where they had to put out press releases declaring that the beef and chicken in their food did so meet the technical legal definition of "meat".

Animal 57 sure ain't a vegetable my dude

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

When it's time for tacos it's Tacotime
________________/

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/1686517931151081472

even the mayor!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
When Mayors Aren't Enough:
Coping With Mayor Fascination and Fallout

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Jerusalem posted:

________________/

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
I wouldn't allow 2-12 year olds on that slide either.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

mutantIke posted:

Can't get enough of those Beef Ranchones, though. Especially Beer Style.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

disaster pastor posted:

Subway is very good if you're a duck, too.

Well yeah, since ducks eat for free at Subway.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

________________/

That probably is when they adopted that slogan.

I should watch that show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I should watch that show

It's an excellent, excellent, excellent show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I heard this one goon did recaps while they were watching it

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

mutantIke posted:

Somehow I had no clue DUDEMEAL was referencing a real actual Taco Bell promotion known as "Fourthmeal". If she is a down girl she will eat Fourthmeal.

But crucially, you don't want to go down on a girl after she's eaten Fourthmeal.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Larry Cum Free posted:

But crucially, you don't want to go down on a girl after she's eaten Fourthmeal.

i just recoiled away from this the same way dj khaled recoils away from it regardless of digestive intake or output

congratulations i have been grossed out

aint no one needing a chili goatee

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god I can't buy a burrito from someone who has done oral on me

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Roast Beef's hangup is actually a fantasy for many men

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sexual Lorax posted:

a chili goatee

I sincerely hope these are the worst words I have to read this week

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Zefiel posted:

Roast Beef's hangup is actually a fantasy for many men

Teodor would literally kill to buy food from the same person who did oral on him

like what if she was some cool alt chick with a farm-to-table mobile kitchen stand serving modern but no-nonsense updates on French, Mediterranean, and Latin American comfort food classics and also she was super into like Cocteau Twins and live music

the idea would make him die of priapism

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Quit seeing her peaceful face on your pillow in the pale blue cast of dawn!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Quit knowing this is exactly how you would hold her during lovemaking!

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Ok Comboomer posted:

Teodor would literally kill to buy food from the same person who did oral on him

like what if she was some cool alt chick with a farm-to-table mobile kitchen stand serving modern but no-nonsense updates on French, Mediterranean, and Latin American comfort food classics and also she was super into like Cocteau Twins and live music

the idea would make him die of priapism

Haha, it seems that now on whenever I read 'farm-to-table' I can't help but think of the GarfieldEATS guy. Achewood restaurant when, Onstad? They could serve French-Mickey Mouse Philippe Imagination Pancakes, Galaxy Nachos, Pizza shaped like Ray's head

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
so yesterday night, apropos of nothing, I realized that the "one of Ray's hacky friends" that Molly says Roast Beef will hire for the wedding (who wants to get up in Uncle George) is Akkolade of "usin' a fake Monty Python picture-jaw to lip-synch with" fame

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Nina! He says this!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
teodor did not get it done, son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Cum Free