Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pookah posted:

Is that what the big ones are called???
Why in the world is a dog with a smooth, silky coat called a "rough collie"?
Are they just really vulgar and unmannerly?

Makes a little more sense when you see there are actual smooth collies too?

Or maybe rough collies were named that after they spent a month out in the field guarding the flock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

We had a collie that figured out doors. We then started locking our back door so she wouldn’t open it every time we left but she figured out if she alternately jiggled the doorknob and then jumped on it abruptly it would eventually unlock, so she opened it anyway. Then she would get on top of the counter and open the pantry from there, then jump down and go into the pantry to shop around. We added a deadbolt to the back door.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
They are called rough collies because they say “rough” a lot.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

They are called rough collies because they say “rough” a lot.

I don't like your username but I like your post

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Actually the scientific name is "Lassie".

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People are apparently very confused at the idea of short-haired collies, which got interesting as someone who grew up with a short-haired border collie and thought they were pretty normal. Probably because they're not the cute trendy breed for suburban idiots.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

So is Ukrainian Orthodox Christmas. This change seems pretty stupid to me.

It's a pretty calculated attack on people celebrating the wrong kind of Christmas, in all likelihood.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
From the 'strange video game patch notes' files.

https://twitter.com/DeviLacroix/status/1685744021271187456?s=20

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oGTOD6-wzM

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/OttawaCitizen/status/1686134900707983362?t=NcGTR9Gb3vz06eeKwPNDog&s=19

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
They're certainly more than meets the eye.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

This company keeps selling TB-tainted bone grafts, causing deadly outbreaks

https://arstechnica.com/health/2023/07/not-again-bone-grafts-linked-to-another-deadly-bizarre-tb-outbreak/

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
US Military Officials: "Bullying of LGBT kids in public schools and the complete ineffectuality of school administrations in combating this is affecting our national defense readiness.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

worst-person-you-know.jpg on the bullying but pretty funny (not haha) that they are lamenting the queer kids not selling their lives to the us govt

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

freeedr posted:

worst-person-you-know.jpg on the bullying but pretty funny (not haha) that they are lamenting the queer kids not selling their lives to the us govt

Er, that's not the message of the article.

The article itself is basically talking about how an important part of the mental health of soldiers is the belief that their family is happy and safe. For families with LGBT kids in public schools, the bullying problem has become so severe that the US military has quietly started an unofficial policy of relocating soldiers and their families with LGBT kids to places with known LGBT-friendly schools. Which both causes additional stress and insecurity from the moves, and can negatively impact the careers of the soldiers in question and performance of whatever unit they are/were part of.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/boback/status/1685134340303486976

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Maybe Amsterdam is normal, and it's the people who trip there to live out their weird desires that are weird
:thunk:

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Whatever this was it got deleted

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Vapor Moon posted:

The headline was

quote:

Lizzo forced dancers to eat bananas from sex workers' vaginas during Amsterdam trip: bombshell lawsuit

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Vapor Moon posted:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Maybe they had low potassium.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Knormal posted:

Maybe they had low potassium.

They were in Amsterdam - no one should have been low on any pot.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is stretching it by a lot.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Grassy Knowles posted:

The headline was

They probably deleted it because technically the banana incident was not specifically described as forced.

Lizzo is alleged to have taken her employees to strip clubs where the banana thing happened and to force them into sex acts, but the lawsuit doesn’t say that they were forced to participate in the banana thing. Of course, it also doesn’t rule it out.

This is a correction in the vein of The Mirror’s

quote:

A previous version of this article suggested that Katie Hopkins was stopped from leaving South Africa because of the consumption of ketamine. We are happy to clarify that Ms Hopkins was detained for spreading racial hatred, which took place after the ketamine incident.

but if you’re printing news about rich people, you still have to make those corrections.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1686835546423754752

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

* Tax refunds 2:07 [lol]

In Turku, tax refunds spent on everyday living, or alternatively the money goes towards acquiring a sea magpie

[Some fuckos call them Eurasian oystercatchers. I won't]

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That is such a weird thing to get hang up on, I'm pretty sure Christians bring up the loaves and fish story about as much.
I'll be very surprised if no other religion has miraculous tales they talk about at least once a year. :confused:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/JamesUrbaniak/status/1686962421997731840

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

On the bright side I now learned what that baffling "Coochie coochie coo" thing I've encountered in American media occasionally means :sax:"Could she, could she, could she coo":gaz:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

By popular demand posted:

On the bright side I now learned what that baffling "Coochie coochie coo" thing I've encountered in American media occasionally means :sax:"Could she, could she, could she coo":gaz:

I don't think that's true. It's just a meaningless noise people make at babies.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Tiggum posted:

I don't think that's true. It's just a meaningless noise people make at babies.

Or charo makes at everyone

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I don’t know what it is but that sure doesn’t sound right

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

All I was trying to say is that line from a 1920's hit song probably earwormed its way to becoming a silly thing people say.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

All I was trying to say is that line from a 1920's hit song probably earwormed its way to becoming a silly thing people say.

I don't think so.

But more importantly, do you seriously expect anyone to know that song you're talking about?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

1897 Oakland (Calif.) Tribune 12 Feb. 4/3 Mamma’s lovely dumpling; hear it murmur ‘Goo!’ Izzum sweet as sugar? Coochy, coochy, coo

Edit: not the first attestation just one early enough to disprove

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Arg, I'm proven wrong! on the intyernet! how will I ever live it down?!

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Arg, I'm proven wrong! on the intyernet! how will I ever live it down?!

Youll have to rereg and hope we dont catch on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

But more importantly, do you seriously expect anyone to know that song you're talking about?

It's not at the forefront of pop culture but yes, I would expect a decent amount of Americans to have heard of it.