Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

It was the season where McLaren returned to life before dominating in 2024, op

lmao that's a good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Hey guess what actually good motorsport is on this weekend?

MotoGP!!!!!

also, SBK

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 1, 2023

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Holy moly what the gently caress happened with that tire lol

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

the milk machine posted:

f1 manager 23 released today (just in time for the summer break! wow thanks ea) so now we can all prove our motorsport savvy in cyberspace instead of just posting about it

But is it any good?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ROFLBOT posted:

Hey guess what actually good motorsport is on this weekend?

MotoGP!!!!!

also, SBK

motogp seems even more insanely dangerous than f1

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
It's good to try to enjoy the on track action that is there, but that doesn't mean that an absolute lack of competition for the outright win doesn't sort of put a damper on the whole thing.

Like, if you go to a soccer/football game and your favored team makes a few really great plays but loses 0-4, you'd have enjoyed those cool plays but also you wouldn't think of it as a great match. The objective of the game isn't to make great plays but to score the most goals; what makes a good match for spectators is a situation where really great plays are necessary to win the match because the score is close.

Max hasn't needed to be as good as he is in order to win in any of the last 6 or 7 races because of the gap in talent between him and Perez and the gap in speed between his car and the others.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Diet Crack posted:

it's not even that, you're just all pissmoaning all the time when in 3 years when we have the most boring season in recorded history you'll point back to 2023 and be like "wow that was amazing in comparison" and thus the cycle continues in this being the absolute worst thread

Yeah in 2026 or whatever you'll be right there alongside everyone bemoaning the days when mclaren had hope, that's the nature of life

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ArmZ posted:

That's cause it is. But also I'm pretty sure that's WSBK cause the Yamahas don't look like that in MotoGP

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Elendil004 posted:

But is it any good?

I'm too cheap to buy it yet but it's tempting.

Motorsport manager is great but I couldn't get the f1 mods working on steam deck so my dream of role playing guenther steiner and bringing lewis to haas was dashed

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ArmZ posted:

For the fact that they wipe out a ton there are very few places that they race that lead to rider into wall interactions. The dangerous crashes are the high sides especially if the bike can flip onto the rider but those results in a lot of broken collarbone. Since 2000 five riders died in motogp, moto2, or moto3. It doesn't seem to be that much of a bloodsport. They do take really gnarly tosses off their bikes on the semi-regular.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Bip Roberts posted:

For the fact that they wipe out a ton there are very few places that they race that lead to rider into wall interactions. The dangerous crashes are the high sides especially if the bike can flip onto the rider but those results in a lot of broken collarbone. Since 2000 five riders died in motogp, moto2, or moto3. It doesn't seem to be that much of a bloodsport. They do take really gnarly tosses off their bikes on the semi-regular.

Proving that it’s safer to not wear a seatbelt!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

tony quidtana posted:

I'm suprised it wasn't outright banned after Mansell passed out or whatever doing it in '84. that seemed like the clearest indication that it could easily end very badly

I think it was banned after De Cesaris pushed the Jordan to line in 1991 during the Mexican GP and it was banned after that. Led to this great picture;

https://twitter.com/grandprixdiary/status/604912193335906304?s=46&t=rrPUOnXwIgSfm69r2trEVA

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

That 7up livery ruled hard.

whiskas
May 30, 2005
2019 Monza was peak Ferrari cheating. They pulled out all the parmesan wheel sandbags out of the car for that race. Still remember Ham whining on the radio how the Ferrari was pulling away from him even with a slipstream.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

whiskas posted:

2019 Monza was peak Ferrari cheating. They pulled out all the parmesan wheel sandbags out of the car for that race. Still remember Ham whining on the radio how the Ferrari was pulling away from him even with a slipstream.

Ferrari don't cheat, please do not post such blasphemous nonsense.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

whiskas posted:

Just because you lack the passione to see Ferrari’s brilliance does not mean they cheated.

Che bella what a race that was and sharl celebrating with the tifosi :swoon: I think I’ll rewatch that race over break

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
monza 2019 was fantastic. I will never forgive canal+ for cutting away just as the anthem was about to start

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Bad timing for the Beyond The Grid podcast to feature Otmar less than a week before he got canned.
Maybe they didn't like his pirate vs navy analogy.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

tony quidtana posted:

That's cause it is. But also I'm pretty sure that's WSBK cause the Yamahas don't look like that in MotoGP

Yeah that's a superbike.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Flashbacks to undergrad lol

Good video though thanks for sharing

nerox
May 20, 2001

the milk machine posted:

f1 manager 23 released today (just in time for the summer break! wow thanks ea) so now we can all prove our motorsport savvy in cyberspace instead of just posting about it

I'm not going to buy it and just pretend I got fired by Ferrari.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Any word is F1 Manager 2023 is a bug riddled mess again?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Dudley posted:

Any word is F1 Manager 2023 is a bug riddled mess again?

Top reviews say yep

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Baldur’s Gate 3 is the game you should be playing over the summer break anyways.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard

MustardFacial posted:

Baldur’s Gate 3 is the game you should be playing over the summer break anyways.

That's such a wintery genre to me I made a face as if someone just asked if I wanted a nice mug of hot cocoa as I'm sitting around in my shorts with a wet towel around my neck surrounded by several fans turned up so high they're costing me wind tunnel time.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm going to spend the break watching classic races

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLKtFUjEQM

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verstappen-unproven-car-incapable-winning/

Probably the most moronic, goo brained interview I’ve read in some time. Just full of complete inaccuracies.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frond posted:

Probably the most moronic, goo brained interview I’ve read in some time. Just full of complete inaccuracies.

this is probably something Jos has already said to Max's face in front of everyone more than once

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Frond posted:

Excuse me, but he won LMP2 at Le Mans once, apparently. How dare you discredit the opinions of some guy that nobody remembers!

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Insufferable newbie Max fan coworker forwarded this to me:

I can't unsee it, so now it's your turn. Nightmare fuel or Avatar material :iiam:

"When you stand a little too close to the screen at the Belgian GP "

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

checo: hello adrian newey. i am going into battle and I need your strongest potions.

adrian: my potions are too strong for you driver.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ArmZ posted:

checo: hello adrian newey. i am going into battle and I need your strongest potions.

adrian: my potions are too strong for you driver.

lmao

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

its....its glorious

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Bottas looks like he fell in the cauldron as a baby

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bottas looks the same tbh