Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pingui posted:

In all seriousness Libster, this thread sucks and isn't really a feedback thread. It is just a second catty binch thread, where the same posters, air the same posting grievances.

post the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

for context the feedback threads do not seem popular with any of the other mods or admins so if nobody else really fidns anything of value here then we can shut it down until a more official thread with multiple mods/admins looking at it gets posted, at whatever time that is. but also this might have to become an unofficial thread that only i read lol. anyway. going to continue pondering, as well as reading any more answers.

why dont they like it? i agree its pointless to have a feedback thread if none of the other dozen mods we have are going to read it or engage with it

for the most part i think its pretty easy to sift between the banal chat, and actual feedback but i guess you lose that ability when you get a star

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

make me a mod and i will act one one (1) piece of feedback from my own feedback thread every day

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the mods don't read it because on the one hand, it's predominantly chatting and playing pretend at giving feedback by advancing obviously absurd requests no one normal could think will be implemented or even merits a response. on the other hand, the mods don't want to moderate the thread, and so it isn't really a feedback thread at all, it's a chat thread, and therefore they don't need to read it.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it does have a very strong "we're gonna eat you if you come in here" vibe. i wouldnt post either

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

why dont they like it? i agree its pointless to have a feedback thread if none of the other dozen mods we have are going to read it or engage with it

for the most part i think its pretty easy to sift between the banal chat, and actual feedback but i guess you lose that ability when you get a star

"bad for cspam" was one take, i would guess the weekend's little escapade with the trump thread was not universally popular and its genesis was traced to this thread where a bunch of people were posting about the trump therad and how it should be moved or gassed, etc. also perhaps the SAD threads about the trump thread and cspam moderation. overall i don't really want to speak for the other moderators though. however i do think the thread did get bad on saturday night when it got like 600 pages of posts in a few hours, in my opinion. but its fine now.

also lol apparently the whole mod team - including me - had never seen or heard of the daily dose before. that is very shameful and i apologize.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Zodium posted:

the mods don't read it because on the one hand, it's predominantly chatting and playing pretend at giving feedback by advancing obviously absurd requests no one normal could think will be implemented or even merits a response. on the other hand, the mods don't want to moderate the thread, and so it isn't really a feedback thread at all, it's a chat thread, and therefore they don't need to read it.

i love to read it

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

yeah but you love chat threads

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zodium posted:

make cspam a subforum of cccc

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

"bad for cspam" was one take, i would guess the weekend's little escapade with the trump thread was not universally popular and its genesis was traced to this thread where a bunch of people were posting about the trump therad and how it should be moved or gassed, etc. also perhaps the SAD threads about the trump thread and cspam moderation. overall i don't really want to speak for the other moderators though. however i do think the thread did get bad on saturday night when it got like 600 pages of posts in a few hours, in my opinion. but its fine now.

also lol apparently the whole mod team - including me - had never seen or heard of the daily dose before. that is very shameful and i apologize.

get those guys to post here instead of the mod forum/discord. if they don't they should lose their stars

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

tristeham posted:

get those guys to post here instead of the mod forum/discord. if they don't they should lose their stars

yeah 100% unironically if you aren't willing to talk to the users of a subforum you just have middle manager brain, which is grounds for brutal execution and loss of moderator powers.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
the feedback threads are bad for cspam and should not ahve been repeated after the first on. i think the complained about megathreads are also bad but will probably blow up in a funny way eventually. everyone made some new friends and enemies

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

lobster shirt posted:

do they think everyone is going to get along if there wasn't this thread? It would just spread to every other thread. They really don't get it. loving pathetic baby brained morons.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

You're probably never going to get away from people who want the Trump Thread destroyed or to be made IK of whatever thread their posting enemies currently live in or whatever, and wherever feedback happens those things are going to be some white noise that the mods have to filter through.

The other side of all of this though is that the alternative to a feedback thread isn't no feedback thread, it's every thread is now a feedback thread (including, apparently, the leper's colony) and the more you try to crack down on that the more it will happen. Hell, it hasn't been that long since QCS got closed and everyone saw what happened after that.

If the mods (or anyone) are expecting a CSPAM feedback thread, of all places, to be some sort of orderly airing of grievances/ticketing system :barf: /whatever, that's doomed to failure. You're gonna have to deal with a messy chaotic garbage dump in which sometimes someone brings up something important no matter what, your choice is whether it's in one thread or a hundred.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lobster shirt posted:

i think if the thread is moving too fast or there is a silly slapfight going on you can just ask people to cut it out, or just close the thread and post something like "closing this for a while so i can catch up, if you have any feedback please pm me".

people get annoyed at the moderation because no one communicates with the userbase, and things are randomly decreed. i think that mods being unhappy with the trump thread stuff should have probably just said it in the feedback thread instead of the mod forum/discord. i think you and vyelkin are pretty good at it, and i genuinely appreciate that you guys post like regular users

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Zodium posted:

i do... its true

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

docbeard posted:

You're probably never going to get away from people who want the Trump Thread destroyed or to be made IK of whatever thread their posting enemies currently live in or whatever, and wherever feedback happens those things are going to be some white noise that the mods have to filter through.

The other side of all of this though is that the alternative to a feedback thread isn't no feedback thread, it's every thread is now a feedback thread (including, apparently, the leper's colony) and the more you try to crack down on that the more it will happen. Hell, it hasn't been that long since QCS got closed and everyone saw what happened after that.

If the mods (or anyone) are expecting a CSPAM feedback thread, of all places, to be some sort of orderly airing of grievances/ticketing system :barf: /whatever, that's doomed to failure. You're gonna have to deal with a messy chaotic garbage dump in which sometimes someone brings up something important no matter what, your choice is whether it's in one thread or a hundred.

you just have to be bold enough to nail your 12-point posting thesis to libster poo poo's front door

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

lobster shirt posted:

this kinda says it all

rip poppers. died educating ur asses

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

it doesn't matter if they read it because nothing that merits responding to is being said anyway. mods not reading the feedback thread may cause them to miss the 4000th epic call to close the trump thread or move it to gbs or ephemeral tongue in cheek request to make someone the ik of this or that thread they're adversarial towards, but no feedback of importance is being missed by the mods who don't read the feedback thread.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

you just have to be bold enough to nail your 12-point posting thesis to libster poo poo's front door

AND ANOTHER THING, MOVE THE DIOCESE HEADQUARTERS TO CCCC (CANTERBURY CROSS CHAT CLUBHOUSE)

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Lib and let die posted:

yeah 100% unironically if you aren't willing to talk to the users of a subforum you just have middle manager brain, which is grounds for brutal execution and loss of moderator powers.

it’s why most cops don’t live where they work

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Incredibly serious feedback: perma all finns

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Zodium posted:

it doesn't matter if they read it because nothing that merits responding to is being said anyway. mods not reading the feedback thread may cause them to miss the 4000th epic call to close the trump thread or move it to gbs or ephemeral tongue in cheek request to make someone the ik of this or that thread they're adversarial towards, but no feedback of importance is being missed by the mods who don't read the feedback thread.

youve posted something like this a dozen times now. what important thing do you think should be posted in the feedback thread? what piece of feedback do you want users to communicate to the mods?

i thin kthe unsaid of all of this is that cspam is fine, so the only complaints are grudges and the occasional weird joker style poster. i just want the mods to at least pretend to be normal posters, instead of ivory tower overlords that work the report system

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i think if the thread is moving too fast or there is a silly slapfight going on you can just ask people to cut it out, or just close the thread and post something like "closing this for a while so i can catch up, if you have any feedback please pm me".

lol i would have liked to do this but spent most of this weekend on probation, and also separately on saturday night (a bit before all the posting etc started) i was out of the house doing social stuff and not looking at my phone, so i probably wouldn't have seen or been able to respond to anything anyway. i did close the thread sunday morning though for that reason.

anyway now that this thread has a substantially reduced scope maybe i wont need to do that anymore but i guess we shall see lol

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

really queer Christmas posted:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

really queer Christmas posted:

lollontee will be freed and granted an exception, and the rest of the finns shall be permad. done.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

we started the permanently open feedback thread because we do want to hear from everyone. it started off pretty well and there were some grievances aired and some things resolved, but we rebooted it a couple times to try and keep it more on track and less of a chat thread because it was becoming hard to keep up with, especially with some mods being less available lately. I personally wish those threads had less making GBS threads on other cspam posters/threads but I'm not going to speak for all the mods on that one. we decided to close the permanent feedback thread and just go back to periodic ones like in the past, but lobster shirt didn't seem to get the memo.

docbeard posted:

we're not expecting that, and we're also not opposed to feedback, as I think you implied in an earlier post. afaik, no one but lobster shirt knew this thread existed, and a huge forum like this shouldn't just have one mod doing the work of 10.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

we started the permanently open feedback thread because we do want to hear from everyone. it started off pretty well and there were some grievances aired and some things resolved, but we rebooted it a couple times to try and keep it more on track and less of a chat thread because it was becoming hard to keep up with, especially with some mods being less available lately. I personally wish those threads had less making GBS threads on other cspam posters/threads but I'm not going to speak for all the mods on that one. we decided to close the permanent feedback thread and just go back to periodic ones like in the past, but lobster shirt didn't seem to get the memo.

we're not expecting that, and we're also not opposed to feedback, as I think you implied in an earlier post. afaik, no one but lobster shirt knew this thread existed, and a huge forum like this shouldn't just have one mod doing the work of 10.

did anyone get the memo, or was that only circulated in the mod discord?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Lib and let die posted:

idk, I can't speak for all of them obviously. the mod discord is hardly used anymore. the discussions I talked about regarding the permanent feedback thread took place in the mod forum

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

youve posted something like this a dozen times now. what important thing do you think should be posted in the feedback thread? what piece of feedback do you want users to communicate to the mods?

i thin kthe unsaid of all of this is that cspam is fine, so the only complaints are grudges and the occasional weird joker style poster. i just want the mods to at least pretend to be normal posters, instead of ivory tower overlords that work the report system

if cspam is actually fine, but people keep sending nonsense feedback, all they achieve is training the feedback recipients to ignore the feedback process, which is exactly what they're doing.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Lib and let die posted:

mod forum

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the point is it sounds like "no more permanent feedback threads" was decided upon and then not told to the users

ergo i will repeat myself

Lib and let die posted:

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Lib and let die posted:

make cspam a subforum of cccc

Now we're getting somewhere

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Lib and let die posted:

the point is it sounds like "no more permanent feedback threads" was decided upon and then not told to the users

ergo i will repeat myself

this is what vyelkin said when he gassed the last feedback thread:

vyelkin posted:

a few days late getting to this but yep, this turned into a fail chat thread and no volunteer mod should be expected to read thousands of chat posts just in case there's feedback buried somewhere in there

I will leave it up to the mods if they want to open a new feedback thread when more of them are around to participate but for now I'm gassing this one, cya later

we definitely could have made it more clear

edit: we didn't decide on NO feedback threads ever, just going back to the periodic planned threads so that we'd have enough mods around to cover them since that was a big failing of the permanent model.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

move the feedback thread to cccc

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Zodium posted:

I still want to hear from an admin -- ideally vyelkin -- who knows about the ckf and croup situation other than fd, thats my feedback

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i think it boils down to there being two groups of cspam posters, the trump threaders and what the trump thread calls 'glennsters' whether they post in the glenn thread or not. These groups do not and will not ever get on because its essentially the forcing together of gbs and non-gbs. Mods are not going to side with either group and nothing is to be done. Which is fine but this could do with being plainly stated and then everyone can go to the catty bitch thread to call Smarxist a big weenie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lmao why not just post that literally anywhere that a regular poster could read it