Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I mean actual Italian cuisine is a lot heavier on fish and veggies compared to Italian-American stuff. I do not care because it is all good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DaysBefore posted:

I mean actual Italian cuisine is a lot heavier on fish and veggies compared to Italian-American stuff. I do not care because it is all good though

:hai:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

yeah, because they're different things. that's like half the jokes in one of the best episodes of the sopranos-- the italian culture that the mob guys idolize doesn't exist and they don't like actual italian culture or italy.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Can someone link to the croup stuff pls? I looked in the LC but couldn't find it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah, because they're different things. that's like half the jokes in one of the best episodes of the sopranos-- the italian culture that the mob guys idolize doesn't exist and they don't like actual italian culture or italy.

The one where they go to Naples? That episode rules

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

LOL, now that's a genuine surprise!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Chewbecca posted:

Can someone link to the croup stuff pls? I looked in the LC but couldn't find it

If you go to his rap sheet from a post it shows up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=226259

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

maybe they heard "WHERE'S THE GRAVY" and assumed they meant a nice brown sauce on some potatoes.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
gonna stake that one out as sarcasm, harold

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Harold Fjord posted:

If you go to his rap sheet from a post it shows up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=226259

Thank you, goon o7

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Yeah that episode rules

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NoiseAnnoys posted:

When looking up how the gently caress you get gabagool from capicola I learned that a lot of it (and by extension American Italian culture) is a snapshot of the culture and language of the immigrants at the time, which were from the southern provinces of the peninsula. I have to phrase it that way as the modern Italy we know of stems from the control of the richer northern cities/states/whatever over the southern, which partially explains the level of immigration to the west.

But of course that culture shock can be played for laughs when you compare a gabaghoul to a svelte European man with a purse.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I thought it was so sad that Chris didn't even get to see Italy because he spent the entire trip getting high. He even bought Adriana's gift from the airport :(

Edit: and it gave us Furio

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 1, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Godfather 2?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sopranos is good if you like watching English people killing other English people and eating English food.

I think that's peaky blinders, op

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
this was a good meltdown

Chaos Motor posted:

Sup farts. Long time no see. Here b/c of reddit. When the latest and greatest fails, you go back to where it all started. And since Stile Project is gone, Something Awful it is... for now. Bask in the glory.

Chaos Motor posted:

I honestly dgaf about social media. I just want a good way to aggregate news from a ton of sources with public commentary that isn't hot diarrhea in a juicebox.

Chaos Motor posted:

You see I really enjoy reading intelligent commentary from informed observers and insiders. It's the detritus of braindead idiots that will say anything to get fake internet points, copy-paste the dumbest poo poo you've heard in your life, or vomit up the worst dredges of human trash-thought in existence that turn me off. That's why I pretty much stopped interacting on reddit back in 2016 or so, I just logged tf out but kept coming back to read without interacting.

Yes. Literally all of it. Could do with dialing back the weird insecure femboy/egg garbage that's infested reddit the last few years. I honestly do not give a flying gently caress what you want to do with your genitals or who you want to do that with - you do you. I do not care to such an overwhelming extent I honestly don't want to hear about it. Some things are simply not to be advertised, and your opinions about your own wiener, or lack thereof, are usually in that group.

You don't have to talk about me like I'm not here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chaos Motor posted:

How much do you talk to strangers about your cock, and is that an appropriate thing to focus on in public?

I'm just saying the overwhelming femboy stuff on reddit the last few years, or how heavily their algo promotes it, has not made it more interesting to me. I'm there for news, not learning about strangers genitals. Investigations of strangers genitals is for redgifs.com.

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
You see I really enjoy reading intelligent commentary from informed observers and insiders. It's the detritus of braindead idiots that will say anything to get fake internet points, copy-paste the dumbest poo poo you've heard in your life, or vomit up the worst dredges of human trash-thought in existence that turn me off.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
do yourselves a favor and leave the exploration at pentynes post

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

pentyne posted:

this was a good meltdown

I did not enjoy so much discussion of trans bodies by nontrans folk.

But it was a little funny when someone shared the offensive posts about genitals

deep dish peat moss posted:

Here are the top 3 posts from the last year one of the subreddits in particular being complained about which I am not timging to illustrate how incredibly inoffensive these are

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I mean he is making reddit sound significantly more based than it actually is

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

it is sooooo good.

Ominous Jazz posted:

I thought it was so sad that Chris didn't even get to see Italy because he spent the entire trip getting high. He even bought Adriana's gift from the airport :(

yeah, it goes so far out of its way to de-glamorize the mob and people were still falling for it, lol.

again, the sopranos isn't really a mob show, it's a really dark workplace comedy.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ominous Jazz posted:

It was very funny when he kept saying I'm gonna see that fuckin volcano no matter what and spent the whole time in a hotel room shooting up

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Furio ftw too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPTsFLaYS3s

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

ftw: your old world relatives showing up to throw down at the party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d79w1M-nhLA

also, one of my favorite things to see every time i go to venice is to watch the hordes of italian-american tourists angrily insisting on spaghetti & meatballs or meat gravy.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sometimes when my son is wearing a hat i say this to him and flick his hat off. but more nicely than furio.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

also, one of my favorite things to see every time i go to venice is to watch the hordes of italian-american tourists angrily insisting on spaghetti & meatballs or meat gravy.

please say you are joking lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

he's tnot

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a full blooded italian hates italian-americans more than anything else in the world

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

a full blooded italian hates italian-americans more than anything else in the world

same with the Irish

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the irish love when you try to make saint patricks day a big deal in ireland

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Watching tourists make idiots of themselves is evergreen.

pentyne posted:

same with the Irish

Oh God yes. I spent six weeks on an archeological course and the professor was shocked when towards the end I mentioned I had ancestors from the area. Not shocked I was Irish American, shocked I hadn't been shouting about it loudly for the previous six weeks.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 1, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Favorite football team? Obviously the Patriots. What?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

There’s also a great scene in the sopranos where the whole crew is talking about Christopher Columbus and how he was a great Italian and Furio’s like “eh, nobody cares really. Plus he was from Genoa so gently caress that guy”

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

There’s also a great scene in the sopranos where the whole crew is talking about Christopher Columbus and how he was a great Italian and Furio’s like “eh, nobody cares really. Plus he was from Genoa so gently caress that guy”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbbMIg-Aw8E

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
based furio

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

never been more serious. go stroll around san marco or san polo and keep your ears open, lol.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
"They did get massacred, those indian" - chris

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pentyne posted:

this was a good meltdown

Guy entered SA from time portal from 2001 and was immediately culled.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tfw when the algorithim keeps recommending you femboy cocks and you try to play it off by blaming wokeness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

surc posted:

I'm behind by like 10 pages or something but I spent a decade+ begging people to appreciate and play sleeping dogs and since it no longer seems needed I am going to move on to begging people to play the next great game that more people should play and many missed, Quantum Break.

I’m curious, what’s good about Quantum Break?