Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Personally I think discussing gameplay leaks can only benefit everyone, more info to plan your resources spending in a gacha game is always good. Though I get that sometimes gameplay leaks could imply certain things about the story (like future Trailblazer variants and Dan Heng's alt form), but this specific case is definitely harmless

Yeah I think people who care about spoilers generally care about story spoilers.

As far as spoiling future characters, I'd personally rather people talk about mechanics rather than calling them out by name, e.g., 'upcoming Imaginary Destruction dps, can dump skillpoints to power up your autoattack, MEGA BIG MULTIPLIERS'. Even if a name doesn't mean anything to us now, when we eventually do meet them the leaked kits might end up spoiling the character's involvement in the plot. This is coming from someone who couldn't give two hoots about story, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

post whatever spoilers, it's literally why spoiler tags exist! just don't look if you don't wanna look!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Pulled Yanqing from my monthly 5 normal passes, can't wait to get around to building him in six months

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tatsuta Age posted:

post whatever spoilers, it's literally why spoiler tags exist! just don't look if you don't wanna look!

Several of us have asked repeatedly for no story spoilers, but go on.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm also of the "spoiler tags exist for this purpose" mentality. People who don't want spoilers can just not read spoiler tags and skip blocked-out posts, but people who do want to talk about spoilers with other goons don't have an option. Sure, sometimes you might not be paying attention and decide to click/hover on accident, somehow. It's not perfect because it's a compromise

This is the star rail thread and it's where we talk about star rail

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 1, 2023

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Spoilers and spoiler tags are for things that happen in the story that's actually been released. Leaks are an entirely different business. This shouldn't be a place for discussing story leaks, go elsewhere for that. Gameplay stuff is fine.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I’m fine with spoiler tagging everything, as long as the spoiler is prefaced with a brief description of it to avoid blind clicking, like (upcoming 1.3 story spoiler) Dan’s a weiner, gonna traitor him

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

there's a reason why starrail and starrail leaks (or any gacha community really) are on separate communities and separated on discord. its north and south korea. (the leaker talkers are north korea)

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
None of the spoilered stuff in that post really needed to be, so I'm not sure why it kicked off spoiler chat again.

The 10-ticket login bonus seems to be a fixture at this point, resin is rewarded from at least one event per patch, and we'll continue to get free 4* characters and LCs. Letting people know about these is only going to improve ability to plan rolls, what to raise, or resources to spend/save.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

saw rainbow on standard banner with the shop tickets.
got Sleep like the Dead Lightcone.... :(

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Oh wow finally! After playing ever since release, I just now got my first raun mei event in SU.

Now my index is finally complete (and god drat, getting the entire path blessing is so completely op)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Lucky. I haven't met her yet.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Walla posted:

Same, despite running it at least twice a week for nearly 3 months

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I'm not that lucky since apparently some folks got that event within the second week of release and they claim its like a 5% chance of showing up. Tbh I think that 5% is a typo and it's more like .5% chance

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
drat, some of the 50+ elites are absolute damage sponges. It feels like a damage race half the time. Otherwise it's a knock-down-drag-out slug fest wearing them down chip by chip.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
I think I've gotten her five times so far, once since coming back from my post-launch hiatus. Always a pleasure, because when she shows up it's like, hey, free run.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I've gotten Ruan Mei twice but I'm going on 5 abundance runs at 21/22 including one where I got the required dewdrop in the second room. I'm missing 2 events as well so I need to look into which I'm missing. I should probably try to finish before the new SU content rolls in for 1.3.

Kale
May 14, 2010

All I've heard is prissy pink haired third eye girl is supposed to be really good.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Walla posted:

I've gotten her once, and I'm also in the 'runs SU 2-6 times per week' camp.

And at the time I didn't realize you got Stellar Jade for acquiring blessings, so took the 2000 Cosmic fragments like a fool.

A fool who had the +dam/100 fragments curio, which is why I took it, but a fool nonetheless.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Finally managed to clear this period's MoC 6. Here's what I used if anyone is interested:

Hoping to nab one more star before the period ends. MoC sure does make me feel jealous of "people who have more than one usable 5* unit"!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Izzhov posted:

Hoping to nab one more star before the period ends. MoC sure does make me feel jealous of "people who have more than one usable 5* unit"!

Who was your newbie banner 5-star?

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kyrosiris posted:

Who was your newbie banner 5-star?

Himeko... who I've actually started raising up for the express purpose of owning that drat deer. She's not ready yet though.

I have her E1 and signature light cone too, so the game is definitely trying to tell me something...

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

All of my 5 stars are supports except Jing Yuan and he needs a lot of investment. I really need to focus on him I think, because if I had good relics for him he would be my best unit.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Got Blade on the 50/50 but still had some tickets left over. Traded some embers to get enough for a YOLO 10-roll and now I have 2 Blade.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I finally cleared MOC 10 with full stars this go around. Turns out having two dps units to lead each team actually makes a huge different. (Blade and Seele)

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

Eimi posted:

I finally cleared MOC 10 with full stars this go around. Turns out having two dps units to lead each team actually makes a huge different. (Blade and Seele)

post your teams

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

I can't get more than 2 stars on any of the floors past 6 cause I just can't kill things fast enough

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tatsuta Age posted:

I can't get more than 2 stars on any of the floors past 6 cause I just can't kill things fast enough

Same. Those drat apes are the bane of my existence and my only options are Hook, Herta and Dan Heng except Dan is the only one with any investment.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've gotten the Ruan Mei one several times, even though I'm still missing something like 6-8 events.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I've only gotten Ruan Mei once, but I got it well before some of the other index things. The event that took the longest for me was either Galactic Altruist or one of the Saleo endings, since those are multi-part. I finished blessings first, once I realized some of them had prerequisites. Next was events, and finally curios. I had to hunt forever to get the last negative curio I needed. I kept getting the wrong clocks, over and over.

I tried MoC 9 again, and got it this time. I figured I could do it because I got so close last time (Svarog had 4% health left when I lost, and Serval had died early). Here are my teams:

Serval is e6 and Pela is e5, which is lucky because I got all their eidolons after I had already decided to use them.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tatsuta Age posted:

post your teams

Not the most impressive given the quality of my units, but only Blade, Himeko and Seele have really built up artifacts. Wolfies are a bit of a mess and everyone else is making do.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want Fu so I can finally kick Gep's e1 rear end to the curb

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Walla posted:

That's kind of crap from my perspective. My Sushang is already E6. Also she's been on 2 banners already. We should be getting a free Luka, or at least someone who hasn't been on a banner let alone multiple. Still, it's a free pull on the banner for me.

Makes sense. I just don't see myself ever getting to that point. The artifact grind will take forever as a battlepass or f2p player.

counterpoint: she's win and everyone should have her

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Erg posted:

I don't disagree, everyone should have big chicken girl. I just wish we had gotten her for free earlier.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

p good event

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i like that for this double su event, all 12 can be used at once instead of waiting to do 2 a day and waste half an su run

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meanwhile I get nothing but Inert Salsotto pieces and they are all Attack and Imaginary orbs. I'm trying a weird build here. Work with me!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Erg posted:

I'm starting to pay attention to eidolon level and realized my Sushang is E4 while my Dan is E0. I'm thinking of switching my main DPS to Sushang so I'm also not doubling up on Wind between Dan and Sampo on my teams. I don't have any 5* main damage dealers yet. And for this double event, I'm thinking of doubling up on World 3 because it seems that those two sets seem to have the most cross-character use, no?

Also checking out my warp stats and seeing "unluckier than 97% of users" feels badman.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

got crit rate and crit dam. atk rope

substat level up hit all hp%..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

GateOfD posted:

i like that for this double su event, all 12 can be used at once instead of waiting to do 2 a day and waste half an su run

you know you can just leave mid-run and pick up where you left off later, right

that's what i do if i don't have enough energy for the relic dispensers. hell, you can beat the boss, leave, then come back hours later for the relics and finish the run