Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Grittybeard posted:

Bois's Vikings thing drops tonight at 9 Eastern. Or at least the first part of it. I am sure there are many more parts involved.

Link to the YouTube premiere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRhFEGREiac

Rest of the episodes are:

Episode 2 (1970-1974) – Tuesday, August 8th
Episode 3 (1974-1979) – Tuesday, August 15th
Episode 4 (1980s) – Tuesday, August 22nd
Episode 5 (1990s) – Tuesday, August 29th
Episode 6 (2000s) – Tuesday, September 5th
Episode 7 (2010s-2020s) – Friday, September 8th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Unless vrabel gets caught loving Jason Aldeans wife or something he isn’t getting fired this year. Some people have speculated he wants back in to college but he’s always said publicly that he hated recruiting and is glad he doesn’t have to do it any more. Idk if he’s down to stay in Tennessee if the team bottoms out into a multi year rebuild so if he leaves in the future I suspect it will be a mutual choice

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

Campbell and Holmes are completely safe no matter how bad the Lions are this year, short of committing actual crimes.

If the team just completely melts down and goes like 2-15 then I could see it, but obviously that feels pretty far outside of the realm of possibility.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

PostNouveau posted:

Today I learned the Bears are trying to build a stadium out in bumfuck nowhere despite having one of the best stadium situations a team could possibly have: A stadium right in the middle of downtown.

Downtown stadiums rule. Everyone can get to them just like driving to work, there is poo poo to do outside of the stadium, public transit goes right there.

I assume this is a racism-based move? The owner hire someone to break into some cars during a game to gin up some hysterical news coverage?

Smallest stadium also lost it's historical status because the last renovation got hosed up. Can't blame anyone for giving up on it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Bois's Vikings thing drops tonight at 9 Eastern. Or at least the first part of it. I am sure there are many more parts involved.

oh poo poo, thanks for the reminder :f5:

Kalli posted:

Let's see....

I was considering Campbell, Eberflus, Smith, and McDaniels as part of a rebuilding process and probably safe unless they look like Hackett level hopeless. Same for the first year guys. Gannon was handed a roster that's been stripped for parts, as long as he isn't tripping over his own dick (which uh seems possible based on that pew pew lasers video) he's probably got some leash. Vrabel seems entrenched.

I did flat out forget about Rivera (easy to do), who is just keeping the seat warm til the new owners figure out what they want to do.

There's often one "holy poo poo" firing too. Maybe it's Fat Mike's year! Balanced by several "are you loving kidding me they kept that idiot" outcomes. So yeah you can come to a list of 10 guys but I think at least half of them are pretty unlikely.

PostNouveau posted:

Downtown stadiums rule. Everyone can get to them just like driving to work, there is poo poo to do outside of the stadium, public transit goes right there.

Agreed. Love city stadiums. Miss me with the hours of traffic and $50 parking in some rando suburb

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh I do only expect like 5-6 vacancies, I just figured when they rattled off like 10 guys, like yeah there's probably about 10 guys who could realistically be fired each year. Just a bunch of them don't crash and burn.

Like Dorsey... theoretically could be fired, but it's hard to imagine the Bills sucking that bad without Josh Allen getting injured, and if he gets injured, Dorsey's probably safe due to that injury. Just hard to see them failing to get to at least like 8 wins otherwise.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Isentropy posted:

Sam Vecenie a guy who doesn’t even cover American football and lives in Australia at least looked up who Taylor’s agent was - the largest agent in MMA. Pretty much every NFL analyst I’ve read including Lombardi hasn’t bothered to do this and refers to him as “some guy” with a hint of racist overtones (not saying Lombardi is doing this intentionally)

NFL reporting on labour issues outside of people who work for the Athletic or Domonique Foxworth or FO alumni is universally trash and pro owner

Amen to that

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Oh I do only expect like 5-6 vacancies, I just figured when they rattled off like 10 guys, like yeah there's probably about 10 guys who could realistically be fired each year. Just a bunch of them don't crash and burn.

Like Dorsey... theoretically could be fired, but it's hard to imagine the Bills sucking that bad without Josh Allen getting injured, and if he gets injured, Dorsey's probably safe due to that injury. Just hard to see them failing to get to at least like 8 wins otherwise.

I mean if we're talking coordinators being included the number will easily be in double digits.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
We're 2 days away from seeing Jets starting QB Zach Wilson in action!

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1686445094105137153?s=20

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

We're 2 days away from seeing Jets starting QB Zach Wilson in action!

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1686445094105137153?s=20

I like that Josh Dobbs is important enough to keep away from the Hall of Fame game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1686431095305187328?s=20

Maybe a team like the Bears makes sense? They need to spend money to get to the floor, have a cheap QB for a couple more years, and don't have a great RB room. Fields and Taylor would be fun as hell to watch.
Roschon Johnson is going to be great.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1686431095305187328?s=20

Maybe a team like the Bears makes sense? They need to spend money to get to the floor, have a cheap QB for a couple more years, and don't have a great RB room. Fields and Taylor would be fun as hell to watch.

I think the Broncos make sense. Javonte at RB and Taylor at QB. Just running the wildcat together, forever.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he feels like a steeler. ive felt a lot os teelers. and it wouldn't be a big problem to also carry najee for his full deal

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Docjowles posted:

Agreed. Love city stadiums. Miss me with the hours of traffic and $50 parking in some rando suburb

Right, I hear y'all about it being small and lovely but I'll put up with a whole lot of aggravations for a city stadium

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

So JTs agent texted Rapsheet that his client is in high demand, maybe the biggest demand ever, many people are saying it. Got it.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
im still legit confused how the top conjecture for team wants new stadium = racist reasons

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

PostNouveau posted:

Right, I hear y'all about it being small and lovely but I'll put up with a whole lot of aggravations for a city stadium

kind of a wash since that city is chicago

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
George Pickens continues to be absurd
https://twitter.com/Mazursky8895/status/1686447102296047616?t=7ndne3mtmPA8bRNKzBJlrw&s=19

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Incitatus posted:

im still legit confused how the top conjecture for team wants new stadium = racist reasons

White flight and putting poo poo out in the suburbs to limit access by people of color and/or lower income from the city has been a thing for hundreds of years in America. When the first highway from NYC out to the Long Island beaches was built, the architect deliberately designed the bridges too low for city busses to pass so only people who owned cars could get there. Less hilariously overt versions of this happen all the time. It's not an insane take.

That said I know NOTHING about the Chicago stadium situation or whether there's anything going on with it besides "welp this is where there's space to build a big rear end stadium"

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The site they purchased is walking distance from a commuter train station.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:siren: attention: Doltos :siren:

:stare:

https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1686446850717401090

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still can't believe Hyatt lasted until the third just on tools.

Yeah all he did for the most part was run screens and go routes in college, but he did those things really goddamned well and you can imagine the player he might become.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The site they purchased is walking distance from a commuter train station.

Yeah but your average Chicago fan can only walk like 25 feet.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
vols, bitch

the air raid stays disrespected because the system doesn't translate to the nfl but if you're putting up 50 a game then you have dudes who can score

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I really wanted the Chiefs to draft him and be DeSean Jackson II but also Rashee Rice looks drat good so I'm content.

But man that speed.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

I really wanted the Chargers to draft him but also Quentin Johnston looks drat good so I'm content.

But man that speed.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Richardson is definitely starting week 1.

https://twitter.com/KBowen1070/status/1686444936898514944?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^^^ didn't he have surgery like, YESTERDAY? On his deviated septum?

Quentin Johnston is also all over my feed. What happened to those draft experts that said he was going to suck, actually

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

"As far as the actual practice went for Richardson, I would say it was definitely the roughest day he’s had in his first week of an NFL camp. Richardson was 5-of-13 (4-of-9 with the starters). He took all 18 reps with the starters, plus a live period with the younger guys on the roster to end practice. As expected, you had some timing/accuracy issues in the team sessions from Richardson. Knowing when to use what type of speed on his passes is something Richardson will have to continue to work on in his NFL development. He does throw a really nice, on-target deep ball. Richardson did get picked off in the final starting period of the day, on a batted ball that fell into the arms of defensive end Khalid Kareem."

yeah that's definitely my guy from florida

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

Quentin Johnston is also all over my feed. What happened to those draft experts that said he was going to suck, actually

He hasn't even played a snap yet. Plenty of guys have tore up camp then done jack poo poo. But I guess it's better than sucking out loud in practice.

Edit:

quote:

I think it was Sunday maybe and they said he'd only miss a day of practice if any.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Sounds like his diet could use a little more mayo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

He hasn't even played a snap yet. Plenty of guys have tore up camp then done jack poo poo. But I guess it's better than sucking out loud in practice.

Am I supposed to not talk about anyone until they play the games

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Herbert's been throwing downfield a lot. That makes for excellent training camp content

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

Am I supposed to not talk about anyone until they play the games

If you want to tell Mel Kiper or whoever they suck, maybe wait until the guy actually does something meaningful. Shouting out a player for having a good camp is fine but come on.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I will always tell Mel Kiper he sucks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1686067145594085376

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

wandler20 posted:

If you want to tell Mel Kiper or whoever they suck, maybe wait until the guy actually does something meaningful. Shouting out a player for having a good camp is fine but come on.

dude it's loving august what the hell else is there to talk about

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Mega64 posted:

I will always tell Mel Kiper he sucks.

Probably not the best example huh.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I literally just said it's fine pointing out players that seem to be doing well in camp but to bash draft pundits because a guy made a cool catch in practice without actually playing a game is a bit much.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I will take this an excuse to post QJ camp footage

https://twitter.com/ChargersCountry/status/1684624050902175744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort