Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
16 minutes seems excessive, try using a mod that lets you harvest super off the trash that's in there with him (ashes to assets etc)

If you can open up a little space, Leviathan's Breath will take off big chunks of him

Absolutely run Strand, if only to be able to grapple out of getting stomped off the platform

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
When I did it legit, I feel like I just flung myself around in continuous circles using the grapple points and shooting either whoard or anarchy at him. It doesn’t make sense that I never picked up ammo, I don’t think he’d die in one reserves chunk… does the osteo/vorpal thing still work? If you can get the dot ticking on osteo then switch to a vorpal weapon, it used to keep ticking. Then you could just Tarzan around til he fell over.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Witherhoard ain’t a bad idea. Especially if you do double special, you can probably rely on pity ammo, even if it takes forever.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
i’d go with osteo over witherhoard based on the infinite ammo alone. It’s what I used, anyway.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
Have they given any sort of indication as to when Momentum Transfer etc are coming back? I feel like so many of my builds are sorta trash right now without them, they've been disabled for what like two weeks now lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Does Titan have a Karnstein/Assassin's Cowl equivalent?

Cause if it does, use that and abuse the gently caress out of Grapple Melee.

Besides that, I found success with Izanagi. You can use the catwalks to kite the Tormentors in a straight line and hit their weak points pretty stress free. It's a little harder to hit Calus in phase 2 but if you kill the Tormentors in phase 1, that's not very threatening.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can also just not kill the tormentors, if you don't enrage them they're easy to evade until phase 2 and then they despawn

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
21 witherhoard shots and a strand super will absolutely kill him. wearing a lion rampant would probably help minimize the risk of getting booped into a pit or off the arena while kiting, so maybe do that if you're dying to boops more than damage.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it was witherhoard I used then. Makes sense given the auto loading holster catalyst. Swap, plop, unswap, grapplegrapplegrapple until you hear the thunk, repeat. Sucks to turn one direction continuously on M&K , it’s all coming back to me now. Might have even carried an insurance sword in case of being flung, but I seem to remember retrofit escapade for antitormentor duty. Not sure if that was other campaign missions though. The other key for me doing legendary was not to use the watered down welfare strand you get from mission points. I unlocked it all, got my abeyant leaps, put together a proper build and just abused the gently caress out of suspend throughout most of the legendary campaign. From memory, grabbing the anomaly things that gives you strand temporarily kept my aspects/fragments etc and just turbocharged ability and super regen. Sadly I think I had to give up the bolo grenade to be able to grapple around the arena?

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Thanks guys. I am using strand with witherhoard and retrofit escapade. Phase 1 I use the outer walks to shoot and scoot Calus untill the tormentors come. I burn their shoulders with retro until they hop up on the catwalk, then suspend them and burn down their health until I can use finisher. Lorely helps keep health up from the 600 grenades enemies throw at you if you stay on the outer walks.

Just so frustrating when bigus dikus has a sliver of health on phase 2 and he stomps you at 1000mph while I try to grapple somewhere to save myself but fall into the plasma pit. Grapple regen is weird too...sometimes it refills in a second, sometimes it has normal grenade cooldown timer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

haveblue posted:

You can also just not kill the tormentors, if you don't enrage them they're easy to evade until phase 2 and then they despawn

My experience was that they absolutely do not despawn in phase 2.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Majere posted:

Grapple regen is weird too...sometimes it refills in a second, sometimes it has normal grenade cooldown timer.

isn't it that the regen is instant if you grapple a tangle or one of the grapple points, but normal regen rules apply if you do anything else with it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I seem to recall the tormentors not bothering me during phase 2, but that was during the opening week of Lightfall and maybe it got changed at some point

death cob for cutie posted:

isn't it that the regen is instant if you grapple a tangle or one of the grapple points, but normal regen rules apply if you do anything else with it?

Yes. Also the special strand powerups in the campaign grant greatly reduced grapple cooldown

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol well gently caress, the only triumphs that count for this last cheevo are Dredgen, Rivensbane, and Cursebreaker. I'm not going to grind the raid or Gambit, and I'm not waiting over a month to shoot an egg, so screw that lmao

I did get Vidmaster though :toot:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol well gently caress, the only triumphs that count for this last cheevo are Dredgen, Rivensbane, and Cursebreaker. I'm not going to grind the raid or Gambit, and I'm not waiting over a month to shoot an egg, so screw that lmao

I did get Vidmaster though :toot:
Getting the last steam achievement was my main motivation for completing Cursebreaker.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Collateral Damage posted:

Getting the last steam achievement was my main motivation for completing Cursebreaker.

The real kicker is that I still don't have the emblem (somehow, I did all the ascendant challenges way back when lol), shader (loving really), ghost, or sparrow. I got the ship only last week lmao so even if I wanted to wait forever to get this one again I'd still not have it.

Weird it counted my badge I finished for something that was definitely after Forsaken though - I bought a Crucible weapon (Redrix's Broadsword) that was definitely not around yet to wrap one up. Well, whatever works I guess :v:

Also for the hell of it, my current dude. He's seen better days

It makes me smile to see his rusty pieces of poo poo next to all the extra glowy and shining stuff people run around in now

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 1, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBA Starblade posted:

It makes me smile to see his rusty pieces of poo poo next to all the extra glowy and shining stuff people run around in now

you have found true happiness. always dress like poo poo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

The real kicker is that I still don't have the emblem (somehow, I did all the ascendant challenges way back when lol), shader (loving really), ghost, or sparrow. I got the ship only last week lmao so even if I wanted to wait forever to get this one again I'd still not have it.

Weird it counted my badge I finished for something that was definitely after Forsaken though - I bought a Crucible weapon (Redrix's Broadsword) that was definitely not around yet to wrap one up. Well, whatever works I guess :v:

he's beautiful

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was going around using the broken old Traveler's Chosen sidearm to annoy my friends too then I learned that they made the exotic version actually fun to use and it was a great time getting that thing's catalyst ready to go. It's like having D1's charge times again!

If only it came in rusted garbage color instead of blue and white or chrome.

Also, bring back the Khvostov exotic already

LALD you'll be proud to know I'm currently grinding Lost Sectors to get those cannon braces and other fancy shmancy exotics you were telling me about

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

RBA Starblade posted:

Hi Five Descendent Vex Chrome buddy, it's one of my favourite shaders for all the same reasons.

That and Scarlet Semblance. "Clean the blood off? What blood?"

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Jesus who still wears skull fort.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I always kind of assumed Jesus would be a Boots of the Assembler type.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

TheTrend posted:

probably someone who likes to microwave adds by the dozen w/ thunderclap

or just charge through them

or slam them

or get healing from fists of havoc kills so it doesn't totally suck poo poo as a super anymore

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

TheTrend posted:

Fun havers

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

TheTrend posted:

I started Destiny with it I'm ending Destiny with it :colbert:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Skullfort is on the short list of best lore tab

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
What shot style do you all like on Revision Zero? I've been playing around with a Chromatic Fire build with the gun and while I build up charges slower with the 2 shot burst, it just feels better to use for me.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

TheTrend posted:

Skullfort with thunderclap is some of the most fun you can have in this game. Sorry Cannon Brace, but as long as you don't restore full melee on a single kill you'll always play second fiddle to the objectively superior arc melee exotic.

RBA Starblade posted:

Reject looking like an RGB christmas tree, embrace the tradition of looking like you just started playing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hunter could look like Godzilla but the FOOLS voted the wrong way

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hunter could look like Godzilla but the FOOLS voted the wrong way

well yeah they're hunter mains

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Given the discussion on looks and that the Final Shape is the 'end' of Destiny, what do you see as being your final cutscene looks?

What ghost shell will you equip to completely ruin the moment where he inevitably dies / has to be destroyed?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Uldren Mask for everything

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Collateral Damage posted:

Skullfort with thunderclap is some of the most fun you can have in this game. Sorry Cannon Brace, but as long as you don't restore full melee on a single kill you'll always play second fiddle to the objectively superior arc melee exotic.

Reject looking like an RGB christmas tree, embrace the tradition of looking like you just started playing.

Midnight Oil's one of the best looking helmets in the game, nice choice

I hate how many legendary ones have no visor or have it in a spot the eyes clearly couldn't be lol. I get there's probably a screen inside but still!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Rahool mask

Most of my ghost shells are pretty boring unfortunately so Dinklebot'll just be the halo one or something

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Helm off.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:hmmno:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Calus mask

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ov9z5U-5dM

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Counterpoint:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Reminder that there are still new Veil messages going up and this week’s is a banger https://twitter.com/paultassi/status/1686721710962184192?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mesadoram posted:

What shot style do you all like on Revision Zero? I've been playing around with a Chromatic Fire build with the gun and while I build up charges slower with the 2 shot burst, it just feels better to use for me.

I really wanna try Revision Zero in a more serious way, but I just haven't been able to think of a good build to pair it with. With how heavily the game is built into the subclass 2.0 model right now, it's just hard to build a loadout around an exotic kinetic weapon. Chromatic Fire sounds like a good one, though, I might try that.