Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Hatebag posted:

Going to check out all of these, thanks. Heh, bonerraise

oh it very much plays on innuendo in the lore and text.

there’s another one that people really like called 20 Minutes Till Dawn they came out very recently and also cheap, but…. the color palette turns me off so I’m prob not gunna ever play it. not a fan of that kind of ugly NES type palette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Nova Drift was what I was gonna recommend as everyone saying was the bees knees but I haven't tried it myself

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

bold of them to compete with Dota 2 patch 7.34 releasing the same day. but competition is good for the industry.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Buck Wildman posted:

I tested this and the combat theme stays the same but the supporting instrument changes - swordsman has the koto, gunman/wild dancer have guitars, etc.

they all have guitars, the melody is different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmuvsVrdMbE

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
open world aaa geometry wars with ubitowers

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

just finished jacking off to this

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdbko61pADE

THis guy jsut does a lot of Dark Souls 2 builds and content.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

they all have guitars, the melody is different

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmuvsVrdMbE

well dang have samurai majima's theme I guess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYdFwn-aq7M

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ishin's take on akiyama's theme loving slaps, best track in the game so far

the judgment games still blew the roof off on OST quality tho, none of the others come close imo

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Xaris posted:

I had/have been dumping an unholy amount of time into twinsticks recently. checkout Brotato, Soulstone Survival, and Bonerraise Minion. I guess technically the last one is a automatic shooter in the vein of VS rather than twinstick tho but still a lot of fun and dirt cheap

check out deathstate; it's also a single-stick shooter but predates VS and the gamefeel overall hews closer to the twin stick types. love that game.

also I love curse of the dead gods; the combat pacing is definitely closer to souls stuff than the ARPG feeling you can get with hades. not going to click with everyone but taking down the final boss is up there as an all-time great gaming memory for me.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Scholar of the First Sin and Bloodborne are two of the most perfect games ever created. Followed by Sekiro a little below maybe. ER is good but i dont know that open world adds that much to the souls formula tbqh though it certainly has its moments

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Fuligin posted:

Scholar of the First Sin and Bloodborne are two of the most perfect games ever created. Followed by Sekiro a little below maybe. ER is good but i dont know that open world adds that much to the souls formula tbqh though it certainly has its moments

I feel the open world added so much more, if I was stuck trying to progress in an area I could just go somewhere else. And not just to grind in the same area I've been stuck in for hours, I can go to a whole different, new, area and enjoy murdering new and exotic poo poo heads

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I guess that's kinda why I bounced off Sekiro and Bloodborne, at some point I can't keep killing the same mooks and not progressing anywhere

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Yea but you can do that in ds2, with tighter encounter design to boot. But its just one undead's opinion

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I hate dark souls and love sekiro

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

my brother looked at me like I was a circus freak when I told him I had platinum'd sekiro

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hes right

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

hes right

probably but I enjoyed it all the same

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
the best part of sekiro is that when you're doing well it looks as good as it feels. iframe rolling 5 times to dodge a combo just doesn't look cool.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

im getting very impatient waiting for Hades 2 news

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

the best part of sekiro is that when you're doing well it looks as good as it feels. iframe rolling 5 times to dodge a combo just doesn't look cool.

flashback owl remains one of the greatest experiences I've had in any game I've played

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

im getting very impatient waiting for Hades 2 news

it's getting released together with silksong.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

it's getting released together with silksong.

this but I hear it’ll be triple packed with Barkley 2

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ANYONE FOR BATTLEBITS?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

nvm

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lpzie posted:

ANYONE FOR BATTLEBITS?

sorry, i'm busy playing the horror movie hentai game

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

sorry, i'm busy playing the horror movie hentai game

Battlebit Remastered?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

can you date an Annihilation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

theyve made plenty of monster dating sims over the years but like cowards its usually the universal lineup: dracula, mummy, wolfman etc. i want to see them figure out how to write a dating sim about an Under The Skin

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i will date the guy with all the needles from hellraiser

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Milfhunter Productions Presents: Monster Hunter

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Jagged Alliance 3 owns

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Buck Wildman posted:

flashback owl remains one of the greatest experiences I've had in any game I've played

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Al! posted:

theyve made plenty of monster dating sims over the years but like cowards its usually the universal lineup: dracula, mummy, wolfman etc. i want to see them figure out how to write a dating sim about an Under The Skin

Learn japanese and you will have so many of them.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Just lol if you don't want to kiss a dracula

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

Sucker for Love appears extremely cutesy until you play it at which point the body horror ramps up to match the cutesy stuff.

Somehow manages to keep a balance between the two?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Just lol if you don't want to kiss a dracula

ive kissed so many draculas, i bore of them

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
the dracula could bite your tongue, risky move

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009