Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Weren't those numbers bullshit that was made by plastic bag manufacturers with dumb unrealistic assumptions or am I thinking of something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I got big reusable grocery bags because Aldi. Is that what we're talking about here?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Tell Aggie I love her. She's adorable!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Tell Aggie I love her. She's adorable!

I'll give her a little kiss on the head and let her know it's from you

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Hell yeah! Is this your first one?

If you haven't stumbled across him already, Jim Pankey on YouTube is an excellent resource for learning how to play and picking up new songs:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLimF2H1ED8fXabeFAr6Fnslf0ie6TRUL0

https://youtu.be/wcn0Eeisan4

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I had a Deering Good Time 2 over a decade ago and had learned some basic 5-string rolls and claw hammer technique.
I hope I remember some of it. (Haven't started playing yet, need strings and maybe a new bridge)

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Catatron Prime posted:

Hell yeah! Is this your first one?

If you haven't stumbled across him already, Jim Pankey on YouTube is an excellent resource for learning how to play and picking up new songs:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLimF2H1ED8fXabeFAr6Fnslf0ie6TRUL0

https://youtu.be/wcn0Eeisan4

Thanks for the Pankey suggestion!

I love his video style. The lessons are great.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
I bought more garbage

~1981 Hondo HD-999, with the D meaning factory DiMarzio pickups. Sounds great, but is in mediocre shape

1990s/2000s Harmony acoustic. Made in China. Plays amazing, somehow. Cost 1/4 of what I paid for the Hondo

Framed wood block/linoleum print. No idea who it is, when it was made, or who made it, but I liked it so I bought it

A painting of Teddy Roosevelt that is signed and dated on the back. Looking up the artist I found they did a LOT of Star Wars stuff in the same style. I'll stick with Teddy. Also, Bing's Image search was able to find the artists posting of it on Pinterest. Google tried to sell me a picture frame.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm going to circuit bend the gently caress out of this thing until until it synthesizes languages that don't exist.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Install ChatGPT and have it radicalize you in realtime slowtime

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

GWBBQ posted:

I'm going to circuit bend the gently caress out of this thing until until it synthesizes languages that don't exist.

Once the battery is low enough it definitely starts just reading from the Necronomicon

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Getting real comfy at the new job.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It is taking some effort to not buy that keyboard myself. I want a big ragequit button.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

njsykora posted:

It is taking some effort to not buy that keyboard myself. I want a big ragequit button.

As I was recently educated in response to my own "it should be a real product" post, there's this:

https://i.imgur.com/JgQtfHt.mp4

(although I don't know if there's a way to make it programmable)

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

njsykora posted:

I was going to customize them with "Buy" and "Sell" just gently caress with my co-workers since we're not at all involved in trading (one would be a macro for new purchase order and the other would be for new invoice), but a big "gently caress This in Particular" button is growing on me.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
The price finally got reasonable and I caved and got an MSI 3060 12GB.

widefault
Mar 16, 2009

tribbledirigible posted:

Been using a version of that stapler for just about 10 years and about 150,000 staples through it with maybe 5 jams in that time. Milton new what he had. Also, you need the coffee cup. And some flair.

And I bought more crap!

Firefly pink/red Paisley Telecaster copy

Someone's painted senior picture from 1983.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i used to collect records ending maybe 10 years ago but i havent had a working record player since then. i decided to finally spring for "low end of the high end" pro-ject t1 sb so i can listen to my collection again. drat after this long listening to just streaming music i forgot how good records actually do sound.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

tribbledirigible posted:

Nice keyboard! I need a new keyboard but first i have to find a new headset with an actual mute button on it because these days i spend so much time pacing during calls and not having a mute on my headphones is killing me.

(If anyone has a recommendation for a good pair of conference headphones with a loving mute button let me know)

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I rarely post here anymore but I'm sort of mostly out of debt again so I celebrated with some audio gear and these:

I'm DJing a friend's party soon and it's a 'Strawberry Spcial'; everyone has to wear red. I've got my red tracksuit, a Ferrari F1 hat, and now these. I'm gonna look like such an idiot, it'll be great fun.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

ZeusCannon posted:

(If anyone has a recommendation for a good pair of conference headphones with a loving mute button let me know)

Idk about conference head set but I have 2 pairs of Logitech G533 and love them. Good sound not super heavy. Mute button on the back left side and you can flip the mic up out of the way to mute. There is also a small light in the mic showing if your muted. Good luck.

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Speaking of keyboards, I bought this one recently because I am a sucker for pretty colours and I like dedicated smilie-buttons:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That's a cute keyboard. I hope you have a coffee mug to match it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Logitech Dot keyboards are ones I really want to like but they do not suit my fingers at all. I appreciate keyboards that dual label the Windows and MacOS keys too.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I bought two copies of Baldur's Gate 3 to gift to two of my friends I play games with. I hope they like it as much as I have been.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I bought a very silly looking backpack because it's the appealing kind of dumb (to me.)

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Aphrodite posted:

I bought a very silly looking backpack because it's the appealing kind of dumb (to me.)

it's appealing but it makes you commit to a tech-wear aesthetic that is wallet crippling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

apatheticman posted:

it's appealing but it makes you commit to a tech-wear aesthetic that is wallet crippling.

I did get it about 75% off so that helps.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Its minimalist which is very nice. I would worry it would be one of those packs that loses its lines when packed full

sterster posted:

Idk about conference head set but I have 2 pairs of Logitech G533 and love them. Good sound not super heavy. Mute button on the back left side and you can flip the mic up out of the way to mute. There is also a small light in the mic showing if your muted. Good luck.

These look nice. I'll have to grab a pair and see how they work. I'm just absolutely tired of these Sennheiser i have. They sound fine but i miss having more control at the headset.

ZeusCannon has a new favorite as of 03:05 on Aug 8, 2023

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
I've been looking for this stupid record for what feels like forever and I finally found it. I've only seen it for sale for a hundred bucks or more on the English language internet, and between Cyrillic and the war the Russian internet I have encountered has been a total poo poo show. Finally found a place with a really sketchy looking website but one single-use credit card number later this baby was mine for like 35 bucks.

Here is the actual music on youtube, if you like iron maiden you will probably like aria

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ZeusCannon posted:

Its minimalist which is very nice. I would worry it would be one of those packs that loses its lines when packed full

Oh it absolutely is, but that’s by design. That folded over flap is actually an expanding duffel bag compartment, hence the buckle.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Nice! Mine’s been fantastic since day 1. Love the red, I went with silver because I’m a coward but now I wish I had gotten a fun color.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Hello bag friend, I too bought a bag. Albeit slightly different.

Needed something to put all my wallet/tech/valuables as a carry on when I go on vacation, didn't want to throw them in the checked bag with my clothing. So I bought a sling bag because i was not quite ready to commit to a fanny pack, but as I age I fear that day and time is nearing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got a sling/crossbody bag which can also be worn as a fannywaist pack(i think maybe theyre cool again so i refrain). i love my man purse thing

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

100% Dundee posted:

Hello bag friend, I too bought a bag. Albeit slightly different.

Needed something to put all my wallet/tech/valuables as a carry on when I go on vacation, didn't want to throw them in the checked bag with my clothing. So I bought a sling bag because i was not quite ready to commit to a fanny pack, but as I age I fear that day and time is nearing.

I'm actually (partially) replacing a Peak Everyday backpack with this, and I have that sling too.

The backpack has been good and is still in great shape, but I have found it gets uncomfortable over long times because the straps aren't anything special. I probably could have solved that by using the dividers as shelves so the weight of what I'm carrying is higher than just clumped up in the bottom and dragging it down... but also I like shopping.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Argyle posted:

Nice! Mine’s been fantastic since day 1. Love the red, I went with silver because I’m a coward but now I wish I had gotten a fun color.

Beetroot baby! Always get fun colors! Glad to hear that. It was hilarious, my first pot was AWFUL. Second onwards are much better.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

H110Hawk posted:

Beetroot baby! Always get fun colors! Glad to hear that. It was hilarious, my first pot was AWFUL. Second onwards are much better.

The tips I found that worked for me were:

- Always rinse your filter

- A bloom phase for the coffee — switch the machine on, wait til a little coffee comes out, switch machine off, wait like 30-40 seconds, turn machine on again.

- Stir the grounds halfway through

Obviously these extra steps kinda defeat the purpose of an automatic coffee maker, but they made a big difference.

Anyway, enjoy it. My Moccamaster was the first step that sent me tumbling down a coffee nerd rabbit hole. Next thing I knew there was $600 worth of coffee gear in my kitchen and I’m buying beans from some dude roasting wet-hulled Sumatran in his garage.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks! I mean $600 isn't a big reach from the $393 after tax machine I have now. Most of the grinders in the coffee thread are the same. Thankfully I don't have real GAS when it comes to coffee. We have really great roasters near us but I've managed not to get hooked. Yet.

And yeah I'm not doing any of that. :v: Part of the appeal was 5 minute pots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Jealous! The only thing that made me get a Breville over this was the fact that it does the bloom automatically. Also it was a half-price open box from a closing Crate & Barrel

Joke's on me though, the insulated carafe doesn't drain completely unless you open the top. Having regrets, but my partner will immediately murder me if I decide to drop another 3 figures on another drip machine