Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Open Source Idiom posted:

Oh man I'd forgotten about how good / bad these guys were. They were infamous, people occasionally used to post them as a "nice meltdown" image macro on another forum I was on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Someone already done Dragonfire? That's a nice meltdown.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCHW7RS81A

I'd forgotten how graphic that was; god drat

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

LividLiquid posted:

I was so ready to love the guy after those two episodes and then I saw his first episode or two of The Late Late Show and I'm entirely unsurprised he's the one who killed that long-running franchise dead.

How someone thought that Corden could replace Ferguson is beyond me.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCHW7RS81A

I'd forgotten how graphic that was; god drat

Pretty drat good considering the budget too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Apparently when the BBC saw the footage, they demanded a budget review, convinced JNT had somehow gotten hold of more money than they had allocated him. JNT showed them figures that demonstrated he had an annual budget of £2.5. Thus, their fears were realized, he really had gotten hold of more money than they'd allocated him.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Just goes to show how creative one can get when their budget is in fact literally a shoestring (aglets not included)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Just goes to show how creative one can get when their budget is in fact literally a shoestring (aglets not included)

Blakes 7 (cast taking turns holding together the shoes of whoever is on camera): God I wish that was me.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
This just in - Three Men In a Boat renamed Two Man In a Bucket.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1686059147047976973

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So this entire thing is a complicated delivery mechanism for somebody wanting this poor woman to dress in the worst costumes possible, right?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

So this entire thing is a complicated delivery mechanism for somebody wanting this poor woman to dress in the worst costumes possible, right?

Could be worse. Could be India Fisher's photoshop decapitated head.

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
If you want a bit of fun, go to the Big Finish Twitter page, and read the first word of each tweet as you scroll down the timeline. Someone spent far too long setting it up, and it’s amazing!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Zaroff posted:

If you want a bit of fun, go to the Big Finish Twitter page, and read the first word of each tweet as you scroll down the timeline. Someone spent far too long setting it up, and it’s amazing!

That's brilliant.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Guest starring The Thing from Marvel Comics!

It's the ever-lovin', blue-eyed Eighth Doctor!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
More Charley content though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
London, 1665!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I thought the city from The Witcher 3.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Nightmare Before Christmas was my first guess

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Idk what it is about Doom's Day but they're determined to just. only use bad photos of Sooz Kempner. Does BF have a grudge or something

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
That cover is pretty bad. I wish the covers weren't so poo poo these days.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

We're still a bit off from the mid-2000s BBC Books standards, but not by much

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
What has that actress done to the BBC. Do they have some dirt on her?

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

armpit_enjoyer posted:

We're still a bit off from the mid-2000s BBC Books standards, but not by much

oh this is the book they made into Oppenheimer, isn't it?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Shakespeare Witches was a fun episode. LMAO at the JK references though, guess the Doctor hadn't been to the 20s at that point.

Words being magic formulas works for me, and the way the space words and locations worked into the plays was amusing. Also love the deuce heart fake-out and Martha catching on so quick.

I'm generally a "my favourite doctor/companion" are whoever I'm presently watching but I think Martha would be in my top 10 if I were forced to commit to a hierarchy.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 1, 2023

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Khanstant posted:

I'm generally a "my favourite doctor/companion" are whoever I'm presently watching...

Even when you're watching an Adric episode? :ohdear:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I haven't tested a full run of any classic doctor yet, so I'm not familiar with him. If I finish newWho rewatch before newestWho I'll try and get some more classics in. So far I liked the companions I did meet, but also I think they show up in modern Who eventually which might be why I went to see an original.

I love how the cat people in Gridlock all have that old-style werewolf felt-glued-to-face look.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 1, 2023

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Khanstant posted:

Shakespeare Witches was a fun episode. LMAO at the JK references though, guess the Doctor hadn't been to the 20s at that point.

Don't look up what the author of that episode's been up to lately.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I really won't! I'm sure "gently caress em" for it though.

I want a life size Face of Boe prop for the living room.

How far in advance was "teehee Timelords/Gallifrey aren't all gone after all" planned?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Khanstant posted:

How far in advance was "teehee Timelords/Gallifrey aren't all gone after all" planned?

There's zero chance that RTD wasn't going to bring Time Lord poo poo back in some form. The series has too much history and loves dipping into it too much that it would be gone forever. But "planned" might be giving him too much credit. I doubt he had a plan beyond what villain he wanted to use for the finale story.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Don't look up what the author of that episode's been up to lately.

We're lucky that the actors who've portrayed the Doctor have all been relatively decent people. Patrick Troughton, for example, was a dedicated family man!

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I didn't know anything about the production at the time, nor RTD, so funnily enough it was actually Gridlock that made me realise how much show history they were planning to bring back. Sure, big names like Daleks, Cybermen, Time Lords. But mentioning the Macra before Sontarans or the Master?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

CobiWann posted:

We're lucky that the actors who've portrayed the Doctor have all been relatively decent people. Patrick Troughton, for example, was a dedicated family man!

I dunno, I've read somewhere about Tom Baker's jerky behavior.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Hartnell: a man of his times, meaning he could be a bit racist/anti-Semitic sometimes

Troughton: see above; one of his ideas for the Second Doctor was to play him as a pirate in blackface/brownface

Pertwee: could be a bit egotistical at times, and also somewhat obsessed with money (per T. Baker)

T. Baker: as the show went on, he basically became the Doctor and vice versa; as a result he became increasingly difficult to work with (though, it should be said, he did later make amends with some of the people he'd clashed with, like JNT; or that he'd treated poorly, like Louise Jameson)

P. Davison: voiced an objection to casting a female Doctor when Jodie Whittaker was announced, and quit social media following backlash from fans about it

C. Baker: from all accounts a lovely man to work with, have never read a bad word about him from anyone

S. McCoy: same as C. Baker

P. McGann: same as C. Baker and S. McCoy

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
T.Bakes seems to have made amends with pretty much everyone he pissed off at this point and has mellowed into the cool mad slightly irascible but very lovable great uncle you might hope he'd be. He even gets on with Lalla Ward now

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Barry Foster posted:

He even gets on with Lalla Ward now

Where did you hear that? From what I remember they have kept their distance and have never recorded a big finish together. They have done them separately.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Confusedslight posted:

Where did you hear that? From what I remember they have kept their distance and have never recorded a big finish together. They have done them separately.

Yeah, that's my understanding as well, my guess is that their having been romantically involved (and married) made it a lot more difficult than just apologizing and being friendly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Patrick Troughton, for example, was a dedicated family man!

He was twice the father most of our dads were, that's for sure :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I appreciate all the conversation about Tom Baker's behavior on and after the show, but following CobiWann's joke I was doing a bit about the story from Tom Baker's biography where he and his friends all jerked off in a circle.