Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Absolutely no idea what is going on in this game but I'm having fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
tingus kind of owns low key. it's not trying to be any other game which is why it owns

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Agent355 posted:

Tingus Goose owns.

Does anybody know if the price in the flower shop ever goes down? THe golden shop that opens up on every level that shows random blossoms you can buy? THey start out crazy cheap but each time you buy it gets more expensive and it doesn't seem to reset even when I super ascended.

Pretty sure when you ultra ascend (1000 gold eggs, you restart at person 1 with everything and get a multiplier and new screen for buffs)

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Ok, my partner is trying to wean off of the iOS Monopoly game because she’s spent a truly inordinate amount of money on it. Is there any idle game for iPhone you can recommend that could substitute? I’m looking for something flashy and cute that can provide a similar skinner-box dopamine rush right now. Paid, microtransactions, doesn’t matter, because I swear that thing is the most merciless exploiter of FOMO and addictive personalities I’ve ever seen and pretty much anything would be an improvement.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

CommunityEdition posted:

Ok, my partner is trying to wean off of the iOS Monopoly game because she’s spent a truly inordinate amount of money on it. Is there any idle game for iPhone you can recommend that could substitute? I’m looking for something flashy and cute that can provide a similar skinner-box dopamine rush right now. Paid, microtransactions, doesn’t matter, because I swear that thing is the most merciless exploiter of FOMO and addictive personalities I’ve ever seen and pretty much anything would be an improvement.

What is an "inordinate" amount of money? Because she has the type of personality that's prone to getting sucked in to microtransactions and overspending, you'll want to steer her toward something that doesn't have any.

I've seen too many horror stories of people spending their kids' college funds or racking up tens of thousands of dollars of credit card debt on microtransaction horseshit. I hope it's not anywhere near that bad.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

What is an "inordinate" amount of money? Because she has the type of personality that's prone to getting sucked in to microtransactions and overspending, you'll want to steer her toward something that doesn't have any.

I've seen too many horror stories of people spending their kids' college funds or racking up tens of thousands of dollars of credit card debt on microtransaction horseshit. I hope it's not anywhere near that bad.

The only "cure" I've seen work is someone putting a ton of money in mostly because FOMO and then the game shutting down on them. They never do it again. Find something end of life circling the drain maybe?

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Cats and Soup maybe? Even better it has a free Netflix version.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Evolve question:

I'm currently hovering around 100% mastery and doing Heavy Gravity achievements. Just finished heavyweight/creator/verrazzano etc. and my current plan is to grind some more plasmids for upgrades I want then do Joyless/Steelen etc. before trying an Ascension. Should I be trying to boost mastery more first or am I already strong enough, and should just do the Ascension?

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

It’s been about $2,000 so far. Are there any idle games with competitive leaderboards? She’s at about a stopping point for the current season or whatever she has, I’m hoping to find something for her to step into here rather than picking up the next season.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Merge Mayor might be good then? It has graphics, not really aggressive about spending and has leaderboard side events. I dunno if the Cats and Soup I mentioned before has any leaderboard stuff, wasn’t my jam.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

uPen posted:

Evolve question:

I'm currently hovering around 100% mastery and doing Heavy Gravity achievements. Just finished heavyweight/creator/verrazzano etc. and my current plan is to grind some more plasmids for upgrades I want then do Joyless/Steelen etc. before trying an Ascension. Should I be trying to boost mastery more first or am I already strong enough, and should just do the Ascension?

I have no opinion on ascension as I haven’t done one yet, but I got joyless and steelen at like 20% mastery; please go do them before fiddling with other stuff.

e: unless you just mean that you have the perks but don’t have the achievements in heavy yet

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

One of the funnier QoL upgrades I've seen in an idle game. "Uuuuuggggh it's so hard to press a button a second time, there's GOT to be a better way"

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

One of the funnier QoL upgrades I've seen in an idle game. "Uuuuuggggh it's so hard to press a button a second time, there's GOT to be a better way"

Hey scrolling down to find the crew member is annoying! I appreciate this QoL upgrade :)

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

nrook posted:

I have no opinion on ascension as I haven’t done one yet, but I got joyless and steelen at like 20% mastery; please go do them before fiddling with other stuff.

e: unless you just mean that you have the perks but don’t have the achievements in heavy yet

Nope, don't have the perks! I did a 4* Valdi right when I unlocked challenge genes, said wow that sucked and decided to put the rest off for a while and kinda forgot about them. I'll blast through some challenges after my current reset I suppose.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Xtanstic posted:

Hey scrolling down to find the crew member is annoying! I appreciate this QoL upgrade :)

Same, I bought that poo poo instantaneously.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

uPen posted:

Evolve question:

A 3* ascension would be pretty fast with your mastery and 4* probably doable as well. IMO, finish the other basic challenges first and then jump in head first as a custom species is a huge power spike for later runs - just make sure to give it slaver for inheriting.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

I just turn off ‘keep active crew at top’. It helps with avoiding misprinting as well

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Rynoto posted:

A 3* ascension would be pretty fast with your mastery and 4* probably doable as well. IMO, finish the other basic challenges first and then jump in head first as a custom species is a huge power spike for later runs - just make sure to give it slaver for inheriting.

Yeah, 100% mastery is fine for most things. It's sorta diminishing returns after that point, imo. Though, I'm a very idle player so maybe I just notice it less.

My 4* Orbital Decay run that I posted about in June is getting pretty close to done. I did go on vacation and buy a house though so it's moving even slower than I expected.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Chakan posted:

My 4* Orbital Decay run that I posted about in June is getting pretty close to done. I did go on vacation and buy a house though so it's moving even slower than I expected.

Absolutely awful and useless perk reward for 4*ing that too which is the worst part.

Slime Lord feat still remains the most awful challenge, though :shepicide:

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Pigbuster posted:

as it was my complaint of this exact thing that got this one added: yes

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Pigbuster posted:

USI is made by and for people who think that unironically. Source: I am one of them.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Rynoto posted:

Absolutely awful and useless perk reward for 4*ing that too which is the worst part.

Slime Lord feat still remains the most awful challenge, though :shepicide:

What was bad about it? I will be doing it “soon.”

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah to be clear I'm not saying it's stupid they added it, it's more that it's just idle games in a nutshell right there

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Chakan posted:

What was bad about it? I will be doing it “soon.”

The basic greatness event with Sludge isn't too bad but going for the full Demonic Infusion & Attunement is hell because of the Ooze trait it comes with: 20% weaker workers, 25% weaker theology, and 40% lower mastery. Tack on most negative traits and only being able to remove two(?) and it's just a long, slow grind.

At least you get a fancy gold 'splat' icon from it :v:

Tbf it's not the worst icon.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 2, 2023

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

CommunityEdition posted:

It’s been about $2,000 so far.
what does that amount of money get you exactly

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
the little dog and the thimble

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Sivart13 posted:

what does that amount of money get you exactly

A lot of dice rolls and 8/9 of the current season’s purple stickers, from my understanding.

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

CommunityEdition posted:

Egg, Inc. is one that comes to mind. Unfortunately the criteria of 'flashy and cute' gets rid of almost every game talked about here, and available on iOS hits a lot of the rest. Farmer Against Potato Idle marginally qualifies as cute, and it does have leaderboards and non-manipulative monetization, but has a lot of weird systems.

Stone Story RPG has a lot of aesthetic effort put into it and just released on mobile, but is not cute.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I picked up a game called Settlemoon that came out this week. Definitely an idle game, but it seems to want the player to figure out its systems with intuition and experimentation to get around its deliberate obfuscation. Got a cool retro look though.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Looks like Ironwood is busted. Cant get rid of the "A new game update has been released, please refresh your browser." prompt, which means I cant actually do anything in the game.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Dodecadragons page now says "DodecaDragons is currently unavailable due to personal reasons. Please respect my wishes to not talk about the game for the moment." Apparently the dev deleted it due to negative feedback? Lame, I was playing that :(

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I feel bad for Demonin, imposter syndrome and burnout can be a bitch, but just taking down the game wholesale for an indeterminite time if not permanently is a bit extreme.

Especially since people had paid money into a patreon for the game.

Deki fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 3, 2023

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

SettingSun posted:

I picked up a game called Settlemoon that came out this week. Definitely an idle game, but it seems to want the player to figure out its systems with intuition and experimentation to get around its deliberate obfuscation. Got a cool retro look though.

It's super cute and I just keep kind of chilling and making sure my lil moths have the moon and the best merch.

Have you seen two visitors share food yet?
It's a simple animation, but it's adorable.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Deki posted:

I feel bad for Demonin, imposter syndrome and burnout can be a bitch, but just taking down the game wholesale for an indeterminite time if not permanently is a bit extreme.

Especially since people had paid money into a patreon for the game.

The patreon isn't for Dedecadragons. It's for Demonin as a general creator, which is fair enough I suppose. Give it a few days and he'll have a new thing out anyway, since a new game (or update to an old one) gets released like every week it feels like, which is why they're always fairly basic and shallow.

The most recent public one is literally a bogstandard generic clicker that has no automation just to really make that clear.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Youth Decay posted:

The Dodecadragons page now says "DodecaDragons is currently unavailable due to personal reasons. Please respect my wishes to not talk about the game for the moment." Apparently the dev deleted it due to negative feedback? Lame, I was playing that :(

I’m sure the incremental games subreddit is taking this well.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The only thing worse than giving up on a poorly rated game is removing the ability to even play it. Nevermind the dev requesting you forget it existed and will get angry if you talk about it. That said it didn't have online interactions so I'm sure someone has a backup.

To be honest I thought dodeca was a niche game not for me and the dev would likely make more very niche games and was interested in future games because they might be. Hearing this makes me not want to touch anything by them again.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Aug 3, 2023

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Here's the update from the dev for the curious:

quote:

I'm going to be taking DodecaDragons down for an indeterminate period of time, probably a while. I'm really sorry everyone.
Over the past week I've been dealing with an enormous amount of negative feedback for a game I don't really know how to 'fix' and am no longer motivated to work on. I know a lot of people do enjoy the game, and that people who have issues with the game are more vocal, but reading the constant criticism and negative feedback has been extremely draining and I've been in a slump for the past week. And I don't see that getting better any time soon, so I'm taking the game down.
I know a lot of people will also probably have bad things to say about this decision; Please don't. Keep it to yourself. I'd prefer if talk about DD in general is kept to a minimum, there's no shortage of other games to fill your time.
So that's that. The game might go back up eventually, I don't currently know what the future for DD will be. Again, I'm really sorry.

Sounds like the reality of game dev got to them. I only feel pity for them.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Luckily, it has been uploaded to Github and you can import your save if you want to keep playing.
https://github.com/DemoninCG/DodecaDragons

in Ironwood RPG how are ya'll making money? Farming looks like a decent way to pump out some gold or combat? I'm up to 85 woodcutting but my forging/mining/smelting hasn't kept up and I'm stuck trying to buy obsidian hatchets as they show up, let alone astral hatchets, but the market is turbo expensive. If any of the GOON guild members, which I should probably join, want to set up a trade via orders or something let me know!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SettingSun posted:

Here's the update from the dev for the curious:

Sounds like the reality of game dev got to them. I only feel pity for them.

This feels like an insane overreaction from all sides. Did the whole nuclear pasta update kinda suck? Yeah, but crawling down the dev's throat about that won't do much, and taking the game down because of negative feedback is just bizarre. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So I really like Tingle Goose, what set-ups are people using to combine the first three babies into a heart? I haven't found anything reliable to combine 3 hearts into a sundae aside from using duplicators and stuff, but I have this set-up for the first step.

Two stair blocks set up right on top of each other. The baby has to hit the lower stair on the outside edge of it, then they will bounce back and forth between the two stairs for such a long time that 3 babies will stack up and merge. So this is pretty easy to get since stairs are common and sometimes show up on the 'choose one of three' blossoms. It also doesn't take much room so I can normally slot it in near the top between all the blossom-buds that I can't move yet.

Anybody have any other two or three piece set-ups that seem reliable? It'd be nice to know a few of these in case I don't get two stairs on a level.