Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

wa27 posted:

Over/under on days til twitter.com actually switches to the x.com domain? I'm guessing never since it will break the embed code on a thousand websites.

That would be the stupidest loving decision regarding the site and its cultural impact at large so naturally it’s on the roadmap for next Tuesday.

MunchE posted:

Oh, you'll be happy to know that Full Self Driving and Robotaxi feature is coming next year.

This statement is current for whatever year you happen to read it in.

Tesla features have the distinction of never “shipping” but still somehow killing dozens of children anyhow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

wa27 posted:

Over/under on days til twitter.com actually switches to the x.com domain? I'm guessing never since it will break the embed code on a thousand websites.

I wonder how many places "sign in with twitter" needs to change. Something I'm sure that was thought about before changing the company name on a weekend amphetamine high.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Escape Goat posted:

I wonder how many places "sign in with twitter" needs to change. Something I'm sure that was thought about before changing the company name on a weekend amphetamine high.

I had a few throwaway sites I used twitter to log into that I absolutely changed the moment Musk was taking leadership. Musk and Co. will have a task force to find the shadiest shittiest data brokers to sell any and all of your personal information too, nope

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I would ask who the guy on the lower left is, but he seems boring.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

I would ask who the guy on the lower left is, but he seems boring.

He’s a diaper fetishist and wants to gently caress teenagers

Kale
May 14, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

The shadowy cabal of evil out to destroy X is absolutely real. I hear they are lead by a mysterious man known only as SIGMA, a former Maverick Hunter.

Hunter... a hunter who has been biding his time. Hunter. Biding. Hunter Biden.

Hunter Biden is trying to destroy X!

(!)

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
pretty crazy you can use anything app to do anything from order a pizza to hail a cab. dude that picked me up earlier had on a hockey mask and there were bloodstains all over the interior. so epic. wasted a bunch of time cruising around the high school though.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

He’s a diaper fetishist and wants to gently caress teenagers

That's just the title of the chart, though.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

That's just the title of the chart, though.

:phone: Yes hello I'd like to report a murder

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Imagine having the one thing that grants all your wishes in this reality - a literally infinite supply of money - and being so fundamentally terrible you can't even figure out how to use it to make you happy

Imagine having that power and the cult of personality behind you to make monumental changes to the course of history and how people will regard you, then getting two thirds of the way through your life with everyone just clowning on you forever and ever as everything you try to do falls over and in some circumstances quite literally explodes

Just take a few seconds to understand that you can spend an hour or two of your week to go to a park and look at a pond and see a duck with its little flappy feet paddling about, see the wake it leaves behind as it swims, watch it bob under the water and feed, shaking its little duck head as it pobbles away and come off more fulfilled and with happier memories than any dumbfuck thing Elon is doing right this minute

Elon would see that duck and feel nothing or probably just be staring at his dumbshit phone pining for any sort of validation, waiting for anyone of worth to say "Yes Elon you actually matter"

That duck doesn't know poo poo and it's happier than Elon

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Songbearer posted:

Imagine having the one thing that grants all your wishes in this reality - a literally infinite supply of money - and being so fundamentally terrible you can't even figure out how to use it to make you happy

Imagine having that power and the cult of personality behind you to make monumental changes to the course of history and how people will regard you, then getting two thirds of the way through your life with everyone just clowning on you forever and ever as everything you try to do falls over and in some circumstances quite literally explodes

Just take a few seconds to understand that you can spend an hour or two of your week to go to a park and look at a pond and see a duck with its little flappy feet paddling about, see the wake it leaves behind as it swims, watch it bob under the water and feed, shaking its little duck head as it pobbles away and come off more fulfilled and with happier memories than any dumbfuck thing Elon is doing right this minute

Elon would see that duck and feel nothing or probably just be staring at his dumbshit phone pining for any sort of validation, waiting for anyone of worth to say "Yes Elon you actually matter"

Speaking as someone who has been homeless and destitute, you have to pull yourself up by the bootstraps. There is no other way.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
Since “tweets” is now dead, can we call posts X-communications? :dadjoke:

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Alan Smithee posted:

nonono I was saying "Kill the Boar" :smugbert:

*Hans Moleman voice*
I was saying "Kill the Boer"

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
20 years ago I was out in the garden with my digital camera taking pictures of flowers and insects 'cause I love bugs. A little bee was buzzing around doing what bees do so I took a photo. I really liked it, so I showed my dad and he asked me to send it him so he could have it on his computer. Anyway, a few days later, he asks me to come downstairs because he's got something for me and it turns out he got the media people at his job to print out a big high quality version of this photo and he had it framed. He asked if he could hang it up in his room and it stayed there until he passed away, ever since then it's been hanging up in my bedroom.

The flower it had landed on was one of dozens it could have chosen. That bee did not know its photo had been taken and my interest in it did not matter to its existence. I don't know where that bee went or how long it survived for afterwards. It merely did what it was supposed to do and then carried on and I thought it was beautiful.

20 years is an unthinkable span of time for a worker bee whose lives are measured in weeks at best and for the flower who, come the end of summer, would have also done its job and withered away to nothing. It has not yet been 10 years since I lost my dad, but that simple act of him printing that picture is one of my fondest memories. In that thin rectangle of wood and paper and glass is a memory inside a memory of things that lived in this world, lived their little lives exactly as they wanted to and somehow formed this little monument to love that I have carried with me for what is now the majority of my life. My dad, the bee, the flower and me - tiny elements of reality that bring me back from some of my darkest moments when I think about just how wonderfully they all came together.

Elon would probably take one look at this and tell me that he could do better, then AI generate a picture and throw mine away.

Now I can't state outright what Elon thinks at any given time because, frankly, I think the way I experience reality would be completely alien to him and vice versa. I could not be happier about this. Every time he has presented to the public his best self, even with people around him to make sure that he is shown in the best light possible, he has come off as one of the most flippant, two-dimensional, incurious and self-absorbed assholes I have ever witnessed. I never thought I could hate someone so viscerally especially when there are quite obviously so many more people who are without a doubt far worse and much more dangerous than him but in a weird, hosed-up way, that makes him even MORE hateable because his pettiness is just so small time. There are no big pieces on the board being played here, you cannot look at him and say with all your heart that this is a man with a clear and strong agenda: He is a nasty little goblin of a man whose ambition lies on the same level as a child pulling the legs off insects. If something displeases him or irritates him it becomes a plaything to kick around until it's too bruised or broken to register on his radar and then it's off to the next whim, ephemeral as anything.

The biggest joke of his existence and insult to ours is that his infinite resources are entirely wasted on his inability to create anything. He wants so badly to be a visionary but he cannot see beyond himself and therein lies the path to madness for everyone who has to deal with his bullshit. A frustration elemental whose ideas are so fundamentally flawed that even people unfamiliar with the particulars of his focus are able to spot the flaws and mistakes before they even happen.

He's kind of a poo poo, I think I'm trying to say.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I've read that recipe twice and still can't figure out how much honey it calls for

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
One (1) Beeful

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

What do you mean ekon isn’t funny? He was on SNL which only funny people are allowed on.

https://youtu.be/jrTXBFcvoMQ

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Mods??? The thread is seguing into bee chat again

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
That's a really great photo, thank you for sharing :glomp:

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Yeah, thanks Songbearer - that whole post was lovely

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I also enjoyed the bee story

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Songbearer posted:

On my way home from the store today (on a whim I decided to add salsa to my meatloaf) there was a cat lurking behind a corner. It vanished as I approached and as I rounded the corner it was behind a bush staring at me. When it saw me it vanished and popped up again further back. Went from cover to cover keeping an eye on me as I went past.

That was more fulfilling than anything Musk has done today.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
So, can someone explain legally what the process is for Musk suing a someone/a company that isnt based in the United States? I'm not American so i'm not sure what the legal status of sueing someone in an Amercian court who isn't American.

I know locally when a teenager got run over by an American diplomats wife driving on the wrong side of the road who then fled to America, there wasnt any legal action that could be taken, so how does slander/libel work?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Talkin about awesome bugs, if you've ever had a jumping spider land on your hand they have about a billion times the personality of musk. Just look like quizzical little guys who are checking out the big thing they're chilling out on. Rad as hell, I love jumping spiders.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Diplomats are a whole different ball game ( I am a lawyer take this advice)

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Weasling Weasel posted:

So, can someone explain legally what the process is for Musk suing a someone/a company that isnt based in the United States? I'm not American so i'm not sure what the legal status of sueing someone in an Amercian court who isn't American.

I know locally when a teenager got run over by an American diplomats wife driving on the wrong side of the road who then fled to America, there wasnt any legal action that could be taken, so how does slander/libel work?

Remembered that Donald Trump invited the parents of the dead boy to the White House then tried to ambush them with his killer for a make up photo op.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Songbearer posted:

20 years ago I was out in the garden with my digital camera taking pictures of flowers and insects 'cause I love bugs. A little bee was buzzing around doing what bees do so I took a photo. I really liked it, so I showed my dad and he asked me to send it him so he could have it on his computer. Anyway, a few days later, he asks me to come downstairs because he's got something for me and it turns out he got the media people at his job to print out a big high quality version of this photo and he had it framed. He asked if he could hang it up in his room and it stayed there until he passed away, ever since then it's been hanging up in my bedroom.

The flower it had landed on was one of dozens it could have chosen. That bee did not know its photo had been taken and my interest in it did not matter to its existence. I don't know where that bee went or how long it survived for afterwards. It merely did what it was supposed to do and then carried on and I thought it was beautiful.

20 years is an unthinkable span of time for a worker bee whose lives are measured in weeks at best and for the flower who, come the end of summer, would have also done its job and withered away to nothing. It has not yet been 10 years since I lost my dad, but that simple act of him printing that picture is one of my fondest memories. In that thin rectangle of wood and paper and glass is a memory inside a memory of things that lived in this world, lived their little lives exactly as they wanted to and somehow formed this little monument to love that I have carried with me for what is now the majority of my life. My dad, the bee, the flower and me - tiny elements of reality that bring me back from some of my darkest moments when I think about just how wonderfully they all came together.

Elon would probably take one look at this and tell me that he could do better, then AI generate a picture and throw mine away.

Now I can't state outright what Elon thinks at any given time because, frankly, I think the way I experience reality would be completely alien to him and vice versa. I could not be happier about this. Every time he has presented to the public his best self, even with people around him to make sure that he is shown in the best light possible, he has come off as one of the most flippant, two-dimensional, incurious and self-absorbed assholes I have ever witnessed. I never thought I could hate someone so viscerally especially when there are quite obviously so many more people who are without a doubt far worse and much more dangerous than him but in a weird, hosed-up way, that makes him even MORE hateable because his pettiness is just so small time. There are no big pieces on the board being played here, you cannot look at him and say with all your heart that this is a man with a clear and strong agenda: He is a nasty little goblin of a man whose ambition lies on the same level as a child pulling the legs off insects. If something displeases him or irritates him it becomes a plaything to kick around until it's too bruised or broken to register on his radar and then it's off to the next whim, ephemeral as anything.

The biggest joke of his existence and insult to ours is that his infinite resources are entirely wasted on his inability to create anything. He wants so badly to be a visionary but he cannot see beyond himself and therein lies the path to madness for everyone who has to deal with his bullshit. A frustration elemental whose ideas are so fundamentally flawed that even people unfamiliar with the particulars of his focus are able to spot the flaws and mistakes before they even happen.

That's a good b

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

smoobles posted:

Mods??? The thread is seguing into bee chat again

Lol

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
A chud reads that post and goes “bees are woke their all migrate south for communism, B for beta”

Elon responds “concerning”

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Songbearer posted:

20 years ago I was out in the garden with my digital camera taking pictures of flowers and insects 'cause I love bugs.

This reminded me of the photos I took last week in the Kaisaniemi Botanic Garden in Helsinki. They don't have the same level of deep backstories as yours (yet) but my fave ones were all of bees doin bee things.

I hope these bees can provide a peaceful respite to anyone passing through this interminable documentation of a miserable human.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Songbearer posted:

This is beautiful, you should submit it as an op-ed to the New York Times.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Id be ok if this thread took a bee break

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Speleothing posted:

This is beautiful, you should submit it as an op-ed to the New York Times.

“4/10, maybe blame the lifecycle of bees on trans people?”

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Songbearer posted:

That was a nice story, thank you for posting this.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Elon would gently caress up a meme from the Bee Movie in the same position.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Oh is this the bees are cool page!

Some bees took some photos of down on the Australian southern coast:

And because spiders are also cool, a photo of a friendly spider that lived in my room and protected me from any annoying flies that would wander in:

All creatures unlike musk who add something to this would and by their existence made it better!

In short nature is cool, tech bros drool.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Lumbermouth posted:

“4/10, maybe blame the lifecycle of bees on trans people?”

"How do we use bees as an allegory for student loans?"

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

its all nice on rice posted:

"How do we use bees as an allegory for student loans?"

Hives today complain of the pressures of colony collapse disorder, but in my day, we simply collected bounties of honey with ease. Perhaps, bees simply no longer want to work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

One of our apps at my work has multiple ways to login to allow wide sharing of stuff - we started with LinkedIn, Google and Twitter as options to login with.

We're just down to Google now.