Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I can't tell what that thing is that pops off as he lands, flashlight maybe? Please tell me he didn't ride down that thing with his gun. I am proud to see slides and playground equipment in general is on the ACAB side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

drat he slid down that thing like it was greased

a greased pig, if you will

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Bird in a Blender posted:

I can't tell what that thing is that pops off as he lands, flashlight maybe? Please tell me he didn't ride down that thing with his gun. I am proud to see slides and playground equipment in general is on the ACAB side.

Looks like pepper spray.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
I've never worked for anyone but the family biz. I still daydream about starting my own shop, but I'm pretty sure that when we start having kids, I'll be moving to the south of France, and idk if it's nearly as simple to start a construction firm in the EU.

Fortunately, I've always carried a card, so I'm sure I could get work as a journeyman anywhere.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CannonFodder posted:

Hello fellow "future is up in the air" person, although my future just fell off a cliff.

Got fired for using my phone too much on the road.

Urgh, good luck.

I'm...curious as to what the cutoff or requirements are for using a phone. Like, can you listen to podcasts or whatever while you're driving or does that count against you? From a layman's standpoint not knowing the industry my impression is back in the day you all just bullshitted on CB radio while driving constantly which seems neither better nor worse than using a phone. I mean if you're using it to watch shows or something while driving that's a problem, there are just many other things phones do now that radios do, and I'd assume you'd be allowed to listen to the radio?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

ngl, I wanna ride that

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Uhh, wtf

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1686453546110308352?s=20

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I dunno who that is but they seem like a real rear end in a top hat!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ehud posted:

I dunno who that is but they seem like a real rear end in a top hat!

That'd baby Yoda

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Some musician that right wingers really really hate for reasons. No idea if that story has any merit or not, but not gonna bother to look at whatever a rando blue checkmark account is tweeting about.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
catch dildos launched form the performers' vaginas

Kalli posted:

Some musician that right wingers really really hate for reasons. No idea if that story has any merit or not, but not gonna bother to look at whatever a rando blue checkmark account is tweeting about.

mostly because she's fat but also because she's black

they got really, really mad when she played James Madison's flute even though she's a classically trained flautist because they make... assumptions

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m enjoying Diablo 4 after about a week of playing it, got a lvl 32 necromancer.

- this game is really loud and noisy.
- it also feels as easy as Diablo 3, I can kinda do whatever I want and still kill everything easily including bosses
- it makes me want to buy Diablo 2 remastered

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

CannonFodder posted:

Hello fellow "future is up in the air" person, although my future just fell off a cliff.

Got fired for using my phone too much on the road.

That really sucks! But also I have to admit that I laughed at the timing in the midst of job tenure chat.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

TMZ has it too (https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/01/lizzo-sued-former-dancers-sexual-harassment-hostile-work-environment/?adid=social-tw), I just grabbed one of the many tweets that was trending about it. Seems pretty gross.

Sad because I actually liked her and I'm disappointed in the TFF goons who don't know her, she even sings about the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pron on VHS posted:

I’m enjoying Diablo 4 after about a week of playing it, got a lvl 32 necromancer.

- it also feels as easy as Diablo 3, I can kinda do whatever I want and still kill everything easily including bosses

D4 gets harder when you unlock the higher difficulties and do nightmare dungeons and stuff. Game has good bones. Needs more content overall.

D2R is truly great. I had so much fun playing through it and I finally accomplished my goal of beating normal, nightmare, and hell on hardcore. Beautifully remastered game!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

I've had a little more trouble later on with my necromancer not melting everything in front of me at the end of the main campaign, single target DPS on bosses is iffy with my build. Or I'm just bad at this, this is equally possible.

But all Diablo games are basically grinding games, and it gets harder to grind when you want the better gear? I'm a ways in and I am not confident I can unlock the higher world tiers.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/lizzo-dancers-weight-shamed-pressured-touch-nude-performer-lawsuit-rcna95161

Here's a not inherently right wing rag reporting on it.

NBC posted:

The dancers accused Lizzo — a performer known for embracing body positivity and celebrating her physique — of calling attention to one dancer’s weight gain and later berating, then firing, that dancer after she recorded a meeting because of a health condition.

The suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court and provided to NBC News by the plaintiffs’ law firm, also accuses the captain of Lizzo’s dance team of proselytizing to other performers and deriding those who had premarital sex while sharing lewd sexual fantasies, simulating oral sex and publicly discussing the virginity of one of the plaintiffs.

There's a bunch of other poo poo too. Yuck.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They had an update and my level 62 sorcerer was affected greatly. Me destroying everything I come across is now over. I'm upset. But also, I'm getting bored anyway.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

wandler20 posted:

Sad because I actually liked her and I'm disappointed in the TFF goons who don't know her

Shame, she's been a good rep for Houston

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

kiimo posted:

They had an update and my level 62 sorcerer was affected greatly. Me destroying everything I come across is now over. I'm upset. But also, I'm getting bored anyway.

FWIW they're buffing sorc majorly next Tuesday

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grittybeard posted:

Urgh, good luck.

I'm...curious as to what the cutoff or requirements are for using a phone. Like, can you listen to podcasts or whatever while you're driving or does that count against you? From a layman's standpoint not knowing the industry my impression is back in the day you all just bullshitted on CB radio while driving constantly which seems neither better nor worse than using a phone. I mean if you're using it to watch shows or something while driving that's a problem, there are just many other things phones do now that radios do, and I'd assume you'd be allowed to listen to the radio?

Now I know I was in the wrong, I would read Twitch chat (and chat in Twitch chat) but the company had a "Don't touch the phone while the truck is in motion" rule that I violated all the time. I wasn't even supposed to check the GPS / Google Maps while rolling, and I did that often to make sure I used the proper entrance to a store. I didn't even use a heatset with hands free answering. I guess I got lazy because my old job didn't care.

Back on the job hunt I guess.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

trump got indicted again

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Trump probably just got indicted again :effort:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vertical Lime posted:

trump got indicted again

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.258149/gov.uscourts.dcd.258149.1.0_2.pdf

It's all the voter fraud stuff. #4's a listing of 3 criminal conspiracies

It's..... long, I'm sure other people will sharpie the funny bits.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
:911:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
The Mothership Connection is the best part.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That'd baby YodaGrogu

Lizzo being a real jerk is not cool.

wandler20 posted:

TMZ has it too (https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/01/lizzo-sued-former-dancers-sexual-harassment-hostile-work-environment/?adid=social-tw), I just grabbed one of the many tweets that was trending about it. Seems pretty gross.

Sad because I actually liked her and I'm disappointed in the TFF goons who don't know her, she even sings about the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!

Hey I knew about Truth Hurts!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P00HMxdsVZI
Song slaps.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/EugeneDaniels2/status/1686497644669976577

:chaostrump:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Can’t believe we’re going to have a president calling shots from prison like a mob boss

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Prime Minister goes to shake Trump's hand

NO TOUCHING

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Freaquency posted:

Can’t believe we’re going to have a president calling shots from prison like a mob boss

are we allowed to use "Orange is the new Black" as the title orr

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Is that where the aforementioned launched dildos come in?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Is that where the aforementioned launched dildos come in?

It's definitely where Stefon Diggs comes in

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Freaquency posted:

It's an American Berlusconi. It's pretty impressive honestly

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’ve been listening to The Dollop back catalog and just got into the Donald Trump two parter from a couple years back.

If you haven’t listened, it’s worth a reminder of what a loathsome shitbag he is.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

We will have better presidents, and we will definitely have worse presidents, but we will never have a funnier president than Donald J Trump.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Depends on the state I imagine, for me I get paid while actively traveling as well as when I’m with a client, but not when I’m just kicking it at the hotel or whatever, if it’s 8-5 it’s my considered part of my salaried hours but outside of that it’s OT.

It's the same here, you get OT for travel and when you're actively working or with a client. The coworker going to Connecticut was doing it on weekends since that was when thpse visits could be accommodated so wracked up OT since she also had to do her Mon-Fri 8-5 too since we're short staffed. I got took a 3 week vacation 5 years ago using only comp time in part due to travel time OT when I got assigned to help out in a office that was outside my normal commute.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Lol I've been in a bunch of meetings this afternoon and missed all the new Trump poo poo. Good times, bet my accidental horse killing cousin is deeply upset about this.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I turned 39 yesterday and I've been working three- and six-month contracts since 2016 just because I've been so sick and in and out of the hospital so often for so many years.

Tulalip Tulips posted:

It's the same here, you get OT for travel and when you're actively working or with a client. The coworker going to Connecticut was doing it on weekends since that was when thpse visits could be accommodated so wracked up OT since she also had to do her Mon-Fri 8-5 too since we're short staffed. I got took a 3 week vacation 5 years ago using only comp time in part due to travel time OT when I got assigned to help out in a office that was outside my normal commute.

When I lived in Wisconsin and was hourly and had to travel (fairly frequently) for work, and this was 13 years ago, I was on the clock from the moment I left my apartment to the moment I got into my hotel room, I was on the clock whenever I was on the conference / convention floor, and I was on the clock from the moment I left my hotel room to when I got to my apartment's front door.

The sales & marketing assistant wasn't particularly adept at booking air travel, so I'd wind up with six-hour layovers in Minneapolis or Detroit or Philadelphia or wherever, so I always looked forward to the paychecks after those trips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I rack up some ridiculous comp time going from Guam to the east coast for a conference, as the clock starts from an hour before I walk out my door until I get to the hotel. The average flight span from when I get on a plane here is like 22 hours, and that's with the minimum layover margin. My comp time for this year will exceed my annual leave accrued.