Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

By "you know who" do you mean the keyboard goop guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I think that might be a joke y'all

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Honestly on SA who knows

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

first time for everything

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

heh

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Tai posted:

Fag (cigarette) useage is heavily dropping off overall in the UK. Not even sure why it was a thing

Legitimately because a packet of cigarettes when opened looks like a human being of sticks. Cigarette smoking falling and people being aware of the US use of the word are both driving it out of popularity. But still, if you hear a British person say fag then the likelihood is extremely high that they do actually mean cigarettes. And if they say human being, which won't be particularly often, it's most often going to be in relation to a type of meatball.

I don't think the American use of fag or human being has ever really taken off here.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
i remember a post from years back where someone explains how British tanks used to have these bundles of sticks on them to drop into trenches and help them cross easier and then it ended with something like "so what I'm saying is they could just use you instead."

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Heebie-gbs vs infrateal thread, iirc. Something about strapping one of them to the front of a tank and crossing Olympus Mons

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Heebie-gbs vs infrateal thread, iirc. Something about strapping one of them to the front of a tank and crossing Olympus Mons

lol i think thats it

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Geemer posted:

My feedback is that that SA Mart thread of epic name guy's should be in the comedy goldmine instead of the gas chamber.

I thought it was funny, and the gbs people following him to his own SA mart thread to harass him was a real sane thing normal people do.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

I thought it was funny, and the gbs people following him to his own SA mart thread to harass him was a real sane thing normal people do.

he posted a link to it in gbs and invited people lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Geemer posted:

My feedback is that that SA Mart thread of epic name guy's should be in the comedy goldmine instead of the gas chamber.

it belongs in the gas chamber

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Lol if you think I'm not gonna post in a nom epique bad idea thread that he invited me to

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he posted it in the nintendo switch thread and probably other threads in games he's a weird guy

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A little ironic as the short-form f-word absolutely is a casual and neutral term referring to a cigarette. An english person asking to 'bum a fag' is making a fairly benign request.

I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to not be from the UK at all.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he's a weird guy

Anyone have that gif of the expanding ironicat smilie, I need it for something

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
for a lot of people, myself included, the forums have become a bad habit

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Carlos Lantana posted:

for a lot of people, myself included, the forums have become a bad habit

bit like smoking fags innit

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Here's my feedback

WHY IS ZELUTH ALLOWED TO POST

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Bukowski posted:

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Interested parties can make their way to the official thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038223

he literally told them to

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Here's my feedback

WHY IS ZELUTH ALLOWED TO POST

He isn't, for a week.

From what I can tell GBS Mods have requested his perma/100k but there hasn't really been any legitimate reason to approve it.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Solefald posted:

He isn't, for a week.

From what I can tell GBS Mods have requested his perma/100k but there hasn't really been any legitimate reason to approve it.

Oh thank christ. He's been doing this weird shtick for like 15 years

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I am more convinced by the day that zeleuth is a bot

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

I've gotten multiple dm so i doubt a bot is the case. Certainly just as confusing.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

He's weird. Honestly I thought he might have been a non english speaker using a translator that just wasn't making any sense but he clearly does speak English.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

some people are just weird one of a kind things. beautiful in a way, but also incredibly annoying

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Peggy Edson posted:

not from Drone_Fragger, ever

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Grey Cat posted:

I've gotten multiple dm so i doubt a bot is the case. Certainly just as confusing.

pm. We call them pm.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Let us train Zeluth to a forum we don't like very much. You know the.one I'm talking about.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Literally A Person posted:

pm. We call them pm.

I don't. Pm is for night, smh my head.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Grey Cat posted:

:nyd:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Grey Cat posted:

Well, you should have called it PM because it looks like you need some sleep.

'poo poo my head my head'

lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

..for gently caress sakes Nom :ughh:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Oh yes I did.

Valko posted:

Well, you should have called it PM because it looks like you need some sleep.

'poo poo my head my head'

lol

Oh, nah, the typo was intentional. But I won't say no to more sleep, ever.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Charles Bukowski posted:

..for gently caress sakes Nom :ughh:

Nom Epique is a consummate dumbass

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Grey Cat posted:

I won't say no to more sleep, ever.

Jeff has a parachute account?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Jeff could sleep through anything, even in a parachute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUWR5GZle9M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Peggy Edson posted:

[citation needed]
hi
we do exist
i made a a fairly in-depth post wrt this topic and my own views on it, related issues of ableism and the other recent slurstuff and problems I've seen around people accusing bigotry or discrimination & similar n the SAD small-q thread
it felt bad being probed for that post, im sure fd hadn't read it but that my basic unfiltered existence is so abnormal that people react negatively reflexively, a lot, they dont get it, under most circumstances. the problem isn't the choice of words people use to not like what you are with.

im not continuing any kind of debate or trying to say that this is stuff that needs to happen in gbs, but i want people to know that it is a thing and not a troll by people who found one cool trick to hurt people with disabilities :) its bc if people call u a fuckin retard like ten thousan year, you will have a fat grip of neurons that light up when the word is used OR implied via context, omission, u Smoothbrained Dummies and if you can make those connected to things that don't hurt you it makes the connections to the things that do not hurt not hurt as much or stop

people don't get what they're doing

this is really important if ppl want to get how to not be actually ableist btw i thought about it here you go:
the thing that makes it feel bad when someone's calling you retarded or anything else bc of a disability is they're saying 'you are broken that you are a broken and useless person because of something about you that is different & i don't like it and dont like you because of it and the way im treaing you is justified because of it and/or it's good that you're broken, because [whatever]
it doesn't really matter what the word is, doesn't really matter what the difference is, although larger differences hurt more and are hurt more
it's when people draw attention to something about you that's different or has some kinda difficulty or doesn't make sense to them and they say "that's poo poo and it makes you poo poo too, plus you were born that way and deserve you be that way and deserve bad things because you're that way, it's why i don't like you other people will think the same thing about you'

don't have to use Retard to express any of that and that's pretty cold. thats a pretty solid metric for how to tell what's hosed up or not, just stay out of that area because it is never true and hurts a lot
doesn't really matter what it was it you point at someone with a disability and go 'retard retard retard' what you're really saying is something along those lines to and that can happen without the pointing or the yelling or saying any specific words at all.

don't reduce people to the things that stick out as different or the things that they can't do well or cannot do anything about- that's what feels bad. treat people like people & pay attention to context e.g. :sam: was funny to me because it was such a roundabout way to say 'thats retarded', about people's diablo 4 takes and a bunch of people ended up actually watching the movie because of it like it's not the best movie but ppl with disabilities aren't represented very well at all, it was kinda activism like really mild activist trolling. it's rude yeah, but it's not mean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q i say why not :sam: people with disabilities are invisible. if you have seen community there's that character abed who's doing a self-aware rainman lampoon and i am somewhere in thr midpoint between that and rainman, who in that clip Robert Downey Jr says "Looks Retarded, Acts Retarded, Not Retarded", most people don't even know some people are like that. i am. i act like that. most people dont realize rainman-abed ppl who look and act retarded are real. i didn't lol. im like rain man with reading like how he looks at the toothpicks and Knows? i look at words and know, every letter in my field of vision is deciphered almost instantly and then i can recognize it or fragments of symbols, bodies of text, etc instantly and remember everything i read. that's why my posts will b so long i can't really tell i don't have to read the way rainman don't gotta count, 1 , 2

i have never actually seen rain man, i saw a clip the other day and saw how weird he acted and then watched a few more and realized abed was doing a rain man w/toned down autism the whole show and that the only semi accurate representation I've ever had of who i am to anyone ever is a movie that came out before i was born and a character based on it in a semi successful comedy show and all most people know about rain man even is probably that tropic thunder clip. people don't really get they're we're real, real rainmen are real. i am not trolling. pay attention! i act like that. not repeating stuff out loud but like im like that a LOT.
rainmen are real.🦆🐣🖕 gently caress you! 🖕🐣🦆I am a rainman
retard and i am proud of it 💪💪💪 #RetardStrong
glennsters are real. jokerpills are real. rain men are Real ifi have to scream retard from the highest tower i will i stg

stuff like what ive seen in the elon musk thread makes me feel bad because ppl make fun of his hosed off proprioception and speech issues and that kind of stuff, mine and rain mans are a lot like that not the retarded stuff he chooses to do but the basic motor dysfunction is incredibly similar to me and rain man and yo idk about rm & i know relon musk doesn't see it but i have and that makes me feel like poo poo lo l :( i didnt choose to be like this. my life has been so hard because of the way i am. i didn't choose to have neurological issues or be weird that stuff all feels a million times worse than people saying retard tbh, bc it feels like ppl think the same mean poo poo when i move around all retarded irl, or suck rear end at talking irl, and they have and that sucks, haba. :( rain men r hume men too . . . ☔