Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

If you want to tell Mel Kiper or whoever they suck, maybe wait until the guy actually does something meaningful. Shouting out a player for having a good camp is fine but come on.

The games start in two days. I'm enjoying that special time of camp when practice videos create hype. It's almost over.

And Hyatt looks fast as gently caress, boy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'd love a documentary on the 2022 broncos

"alright guys I know we just lost in heartbreaking fashion several weeks in a row and it's completely my fault, but I thought maybe we could study film and each do our best animal impressions"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

farts are animal noises

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

He doesn't have great agility so he's never going to be the slickest route runner in the league, but when you can run like that and have soft hands like he does then there's a whole lotta poo poo you can do in the NFL

Please be able to block well enough to let him get downfield without max protecting. Evan Neal become a league average tackle challenge

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wandler20 posted:

I literally just said it's fine pointing out players that seem to be doing well in camp but to bash draft pundits because a guy made a cool catch in practice without actually playing a game is a bit much.

oh I see. Well I'm not sure who it was but definitely not someone on Mel Kiper's level. It might have been Dane Brugler? Said he jumps up in the air only to catch with his body or something but ever since that guy got to LA he's been lighting up OTAs and training camp. It seems he can catch just fine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's going to start. The Colts want him to get experience on the field and are willing to live with the growing pains.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

I really wanted the Pats to draft him and be DeSean Jackson II but also Kayshon Boutte looks drat ok nevermind I can't do this bit it's too embarrassing

kiimo posted:

^^^ didn't he have surgery like, YESTERDAY? On his deviated septum?

God drat. My buddy had this surgery and could do nothing for several days but sit around on the couch out of his mind on pain killers.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

wandler20 posted:

I think it was Sunday maybe and they said he'd only miss a day of practice if any.

gently caress me. I had a septoplasty a few years ago and that first week was loving agonizing. Like, not even painful agony, but having 14bs of packing and splints up your nose and having to breathe out of your mouth for a week agony. And living with the fear that if the wind blows the wrong way on your nose, it hurts like hell.

I can’t loving imagine doing anything but laying on the couch for 7 days. I took my norco to make me loopy just so I didn’t realize I was just staring at a wall for hours on end. Absolutely no interest in doing anything, including video games or even watching tv. It was SO uncomfortable.

That said, it was life-changing after the splints and packing came out. Being able to breathe out of your nose after 38 years or whatever was a great feeling.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Need to know what sound a shark makes

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Tell anyone they suck at any time for any reason

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

People can sound weird when they laugh

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

sharknado slashfic posted:

Tell anyone they suck at any time for any reason

You suck :evilbuddy:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Roschon Johnson is going to be great.

doesn't he have an undisclosed injury right now?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

doesn't he have an undisclosed injury right now?
No idea. Doesnt change facts :colbert:

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

MaximilianK posted:

Need to know what sound a shark makes

https://youtu.be/uRplEdQv_ic?si=LL_InhwPgYp-KOkI

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

part 1 of the history of the vikings is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRhFEGREiac

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the yellow line on the tv is about a yard further than the actual down markers

but im almost surprised no one's given it the music city miracle treatment where a bunch of nerds come in and run fake simulations in madden 2k4 to prove that it was or was not a first down

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ray rice easily got the first down and the ball was completely past it too. not just a nose. he doesn't make the incorrect line by a couple inches at most

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

can we really be sure that' s4th and 29 if a surveyor didn't measure the distance? how can we trust these refs?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I don't actually know because I couldn't watch the game because it was subject to a local TV blackout lmao

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

I don't actually know because I couldn't watch the game because it was subject to a local TV blackout lmao

i'm pretty sure i turned the game off because i was so mad already. i think i turned it back on for OT though. but its over a decade ago and who can remember stuff from back then anyway

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I just watched a replay of that play and he clearly gets past the line to gain.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:cheersbird:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just watched a replay of that play and he clearly gets past the line to gain.

thank you. this is so important.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

3 DONG HORSE posted:

can we really be sure that' s4th and 29 if a surveyor didn't measure the distance? how can we trust these refs?

Well, the Raiders weren't involved, so we can assume that the refs were calling the game fairly.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
He didn't get the first down because I think he sucks

That's my only reason

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I used to think he was way short until I finally noticed how incredibly off the yellow line was on the broadcast and now if I cant trust the yellow line what can I trust

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

kiimo posted:

How long has it been since You Can't Do That on Television premiered? Maybe let the slime go

Is the original cast even still all alive? I don't mean Alasdair Gillis or Alanis.

Moose is a producer. Lisa runs a funeral home. Alisdair is a musician. Abby went into voice acting. Vanessa is an urban planner

They're mostly in their 50s; remember they were doing this show basically around the time of puberty.

Les Lye is dead, but he was already 50-something when the show aired.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I just remember Barth and the General guy trying to execute the kids (I think it was the same actor?).

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Jon Bois Vikings thing is good so far. Episode one wasn’t super funny (although there are a few wild rear end stories) but it was very interesting. I don’t know much about this era of football in general or the Vikings in particular so it’s all new to me. He’s done a good job setting the stage for how improbable it is that they’ve never won a Super Bowl.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Docjowles posted:

The Jon Bois Vikings thing is good so far. Episode one wasn’t super funny (although there are a few wild rear end stories) but it was very interesting. I don’t know much about this era of football in general or the Vikings in particular so it’s all new to me. He’s done a good job setting the stage for how improbable it is that they’ve never won a Super Bowl.

I always knew that Bud Grant ruled, but I never really knew how deep the lore and stories were.

The "Fine you can smoke, but only if the locker room ceilings are 12 feet high." got a good laugh out of me.

Also: :smithicide:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Did they do Jim Marshall’s fumble recovery touchdown safety yet?

I was a Vikings fan before the Seahawks were a franchise so by age 11 I’d experienced quite a bit of heartbreak following a team

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pain of Mind posted:

I just remember Barth and the General guy trying to execute the kids (I think it was the same actor?).

He was basically the only adult actor on the set for the majority of the show

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

There was a reunion episode in 2004 called Project 131, and its theme was Changes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTB2_vEiCH0

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
maybe if hackett didn't suck people wouldn't make comments about how he sucks.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

GD_American posted:

Moose is a producer. Lisa runs a funeral home. Alisdair is a musician. Abby went into voice acting. Vanessa is an urban planner

They're mostly in their 50s; remember they were doing this show basically around the time of puberty.

Les Lye is dead, but he was already 50-something when the show aired.

Whatever happened to Alanis

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

kiimo posted:

Whatever happened to Alanis

You oughta know

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Borsche69 posted:

the yellow line on the tv is about a yard further than the actual down markers

but im almost surprised no one's given it the music city miracle treatment where a bunch of nerds come in and run fake simulations in madden 2k4 to prove that it was or was not a first down

someone else, probably in the media, has already repeatedly made the point that the NFL is a multi-billion dollar industry and yet still relies on a couple of dudes with chains to measure down and distance

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you could determine stuff without refs then how could they rig the games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

zimbomonkey posted:

You oughta know

:golfclap: