Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What the gently caress

Edit: I just talked to him he was just being a lil scamp

I left that league because of my wife's car accident that left her using a walker for like 6 months & we weren't sure if she was ever gonna walk correctly again

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jul 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Yeah, he's pretty much always just messing around

E: wife doing okay?

The Wild Man of YOLO fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 29, 2023

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Wife's doing well now. Took a whole trip to see the family without using her walker and just leveraged her disabled placard to get onto her flights first :lol:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Pack it up everyone, the season is over. Sony Michel has retired.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
We use fantasyfootballcalculator to set our FA keeper rounds, and the site seems to be complete trash now. I recall using it years ago and it seemed like a more competitive mock draft site compared to ESPN/Yahoo, but just glancing at it now and it has so many errors. Jahmyr Gibbs is not even there, Bijan Robinson is a late 5th round pick, and the rookie QBs are > 13th round picks with a 2 QB setup. None of the rookies are on a team, even though the draft was over 3 months ago. I suggested to the commissioner to go with something a little more reliable like Fantasypro ADP aggregate, but they did not bite. I guess I can submit it as a formal rule change for next year and see if it gets enough votes.

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Is your commissioner specifically benefiting from the wild deviations from aggregate rankings? If yeah, bail

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Is your commissioner specifically benefiting from the wild deviations from aggregate rankings? If yeah, bail

No, they are not benefiting, it actually does not really seem like anyone is substantially benefiting, mainly since we do not have many FA keepers and if we do they tend to be late rounds where +/- a round or two does not matter much. It is mostly me complaining about how conservative the league is that getting any sort of change is a massive process, and that a once useful site is now garbage.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 30, 2023

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Organizing drafts is such a bitch. Finally had a date where 12/12 could be there, in person. Great!! One of them even offers to host.

One day later he messages and goes "oh yeah I'm gonna be out of town that weekend so I'll be autodrafting."

Thanks dude. :downs:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Organizing drafts is such a bitch. Finally had a date where 12/12 could be there, in person. Great!! One of them even offers to host.

One day later he messages and goes "oh yeah I'm gonna be out of town that weekend so I'll be autodrafting."

Thanks dude. :downs:

Yeah it's a pain in the rear end that only gets worse as you get older. I was my home league commish for a long time but finally gave it up in 2020. The mere thought of trying to get a bunch of busy adults to agree on a draft date and then spend months chasing down That Guy to pay his loving league dues when I was already at 1000000% stress from COVID made me want to curl up and die. Thankfully we had some league mates in a better mental space that took it over seamlessly. But I don't miss it at all... current commish has spent a ton of time trying to get us all to a spot in the Colorado mountains. Issue after issue and I think we are back to our default of "the couple with no kids' house". Which is always a total blast so whatever, but I feel bad that he spent so much time for no result.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Goon Beer League is looking for one more to join us this year! This is a 12-team, .5ppr ESPN league where winners receive tasty local beers from league mates around the continental US! Draft time is tentatively looking like August 20th 8:00 PM EST

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The key to getting older is accepting when someone auto drafts. Hell sometimes they get a good team and frankly being in the league is the fun part, not winning.

Or so I tell myself

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I've never had a year with full draft participation. It's my white whale.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hands up if you got Hyatt in dynasty like me

https://twitter.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1686446850717401090

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Damnit Kiimo you're supposed to only hype chiefs players

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I only hype wide receivers, really. I'm a sucker for speed.

and the occasional running back and you should ignore me when I do

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I'm going to go 0-3 on acquiring Hyatt in dynasty :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Looking at best ball ADP (cause that's kind of all we have for a few more weeks) Hyatt is barely even getting drafted in 18 round formats. He's down with the likes of Mecole Hardman and third string running backs. If he's actually good that's a screaming value. Would be a very interesting late round guy in keeper leagues too. Although if he keeps getting turbohyped in camp that ADP will go up.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

🙋

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

If you knew how many online slapfights I've been getting in over Hyatt. I don't understand how he fell to the third round.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I only hype wide receivers, really. I'm a sucker for speed.

and the occasional running back and you should ignore me when I do

…..Al? Are you still alive there????

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Can't teach speed.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Interesting, made a note to look for him late in my keeper league. Love late-round fliers like that.

Then again maybe that’s why I’ve only won once in 12 years.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've been taking "flyers" as in drafting fast as poo poo receivers regardless of draft position and it is hit or miss but rounds don't matter.

Sometimes a 5th round Tyreek Hill happens, sometimes a 1st round John Ross happens.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I had Scott Hanson do our draft order this year. He's amazing.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diqnol posted:

Oh drat, Cameo? This is a great idea. The closest we’ve come to a high profile cameo is the woman who has won our home league the most ran into Field Yates in the airport. She got him to make a video calling her the GOAT and the rest of us a bunch of losers lol

I was definitely not owned at all :shepicide:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 4, 2023

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yup exactly. Its well worth it!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Having a guy make 10 back to back emails about collusion for a trade in a keeper league because even after being in the league for 20 years he has no idea how keepers work. "You cannot swap first round picks, because then if they keep their player in the first round they no longer have a first round pick". Like, that is kind of how our keeper system works, with the player you keep being that rounds pick. Also he left the league around 5 years ago.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 4, 2023

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Diqnol posted:

That's cool. In years where I'm in a snake draft I make wrestlers that look like everyone in the league in wwe 2k19 then stream a royal rumble to determine draft order

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's cool. In years where I'm in a snake draft I make wrestlers that look like everyone in the league in wwe 2k19 then stream a royal rumble to determine draft order

Kinda using a variation of this idea for the 20 team league, but I just asked everyone for their favorite wrestlers and used Fire Pro Wrestling World instead.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Kamara got three games.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1687532088658952206

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I traded him for the #3 pick in my dynasty draft and got Anthony Richardson in a 2 QB league, no regerts

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

I traded him for the #3 pick in my dynasty draft and got Anthony Richardson in a 2 QB league, no regerts
That was highway robbery.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I assume he’ll serve it asap weeks 1-3? That certainly doesn’t make him undraftable. Although he was simply not that good or involved in the game plan last year, and the Saints added 2 backs in the offseason. So I was already down on him to begin with.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

I assume he’ll serve it asap weeks 1-3? That certainly doesn’t make him undraftable. Although he was simply not that good or involved in the game plan last year, and the Saints added 2 backs in the offseason. So I was already down on him to begin with.

Yeah. I picked him up in the seventh round of my best ball league and I fully expect him to shoot towards the fourth or fifth rounds now.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

Just stare at his raiders matchup from last year. Only look at it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah. I picked him up in the seventh round of my best ball league and I fully expect him to shoot towards the fourth or fifth rounds now.

You expect his ADP to go 2 or 3 rounds earlier since he got suspended?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

You expect his ADP to go 2 or 3 rounds earlier since he got suspended?

Because the ADP was based on him serving a 6-8 game suspension. If you get 14 games out of Kamara (barring injury), I think that’s easily worth a 4th or 5th.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ah, Gotchya

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I think people were expecting more of hammer to drop. I was. Also dang 7th round Kamara is a gamble I’ll take even if I don’t think he has much juice left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I can't pull the trigger even knowing it is 3 games. His ADP just doesn't feel worth it.