Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
(Most of OP shamelessly pilfered from Spoaenk's 2022 OP)

A way to get even angrier about numbers than looking at a US hospital bill!

Free League Hosting Services
  • Sleeper: Gunning for the #1 spot. A dedicated fantasy football platform that has lots of pretty colors and makes team management easy to use. It also has some really weird stuff like mascots that I'm sure they don't want anymore. My preferred platform because it's so drat easy to use.
  • ESPN: ESPN is stable and reliable system that's fairly powerful. It also hasn't been updated since Matthew Berry had a full head of hair.
  • CBS: One of the old-school free league sites There are both free and premium subscriptions.
  • Yahoo: I like Yahoo! the best, but a lot of people complain about their interface being clunky.
  • NFL.com: Flashy interface and integrated video, but it's awful. The draft interface is unfortunate.
  • Fleaflicker: It’s a free site and very highly reviewed. The interface is spartan and information-driven and league customization options are deep.
  • Fantrax: A lot of people have been complaining that MFL sucks but is the only option for salary keeper leagues. Don't use Fantrax if you can help it, it was a nice in-between from MFL to Sleeper but its time is gone.

Premium League Hosting Services
  • My Fantasy League: Allows the greatest range of league customization options (both the league website and rules). Winner of multiple FSTA League Manager Product awards. Fantastic for dynasty, and well worth the $60 it costs to run a league each year. The insanely specific user interface is usually quite overwhelming at first. If you're running a redraft league, this is a bit like using an uzi to open a beer can. Too much power for what you need.

Useful Free Resources
  • Football Absurdity Goon-run fantasy football site that hosts Beersheets.
  • NBC Rotoworld Sports Edge: THE source for examining specific players and getting news on them. I don't even bother using their on-site search engine; just Google "Rotoworld (Player Name)" and it'll pop right up.
  • Football Guys: Has a free daily newsletter that I consider mandatory. It provides you with updates and alerts about players. They also have a really nice amount of content should you subscribe.
  • FantasyFootballCalculator: The current standard for mock drafting. It's a good place to find other people and get some experience with the pace of drafting. Another new mock draft site that's generating some buzz is SnapDraft. I haven't had a chance to use it myself.
  • FantasyPros: An immensely helpful aggregator, taking data from all sorts of sources and providing a consensus of their thoughts. Personally, I think this is the best method for looking at projections and predictions, as to be honest at best people will be around 60% correct. They also have a free weekly cheat sheet where you can input your team and get back projections; if you have multiple teams it's worth dropping the cash for the premium edition.
  • Reddit Fantasy Football: They're very active and frequently post new information and articles. Probably one of the easiest ways to pick up new info, and the community is well moderated.

Best Stat Resources (Friends Don't Let Friends Use PFF)
  • The Edge: Amazing stat analysis tool that has recently taken the fantasy world by storm.
  • Pro Football Reference: The Mac Daddy of football stat sites. They're dipping their toe in advanced stats but their data there isn't the best. Stathead is a great resource for running queries to find the player splits to prove your point but it costs money.
  • PlayerProfiler.com: An extremely slick interface that lets you look at a player to get basically all the information you might need in an easily readable package. It charts stuff like PFF but uses it for a fantasy football slant. The owner is insanely brash but the site is A+. It has a pay option that lets you run (easy to use) queries to get the stats in spreadsheet format instead of player-by-player. That's some real sicko poo poo though (it's me I'm sicko)
  • BRotoFantasy.com: Has free tools that gain you access to other advanced stats. I particularly like Rush Yyards Over Expectation per attempt.
  • DynastyLeagueFootball: Has some great tools after purchasing FFStatistics a few years ago. Kind of starting to go by the wayside but there's no better site for historical week-to-week rankings or splits data.
  • Sharp Football Stats: Lets you find stuff like % of team pass plays in 13 personnel. Real sicko hours.

Useful Premium Resources (just copied and pasted from the 2020 iteration of this thread, not my opinions, though My Playbook is an incredibly powerful multi-league management tool.
  • Rotopass: A group rate for multiple sites; Footballguys, Rotowire, ESPN Insider, RosterWatch, RotoViz, Fantasy Insiders, and $10 credit to FanDuel and DRAFT.
  • The Fantasy Footballers: Three guys with a great podcast and an extremely comprehensive draft guide.
  • 4For4: Known for their accuracy, and one of the premium services I subscribe to.
  • Rotoviz: Premium article-heavy site full of interesting analysis and data driven projections. One of my favorites.
  • Dynasty League Football: This site offers advice specific to dynasty leagues. I consider this a mandatory subscription unless you're in my dynasty league.
  • Pro Football Focus: Additional projections and fantasy news.
  • FantasyPros: The standard for fantasy data aggregation, and you can pay for access to a roster management and mock draft package called My Playbook that is very helpful.

Useful League Resources
  • Clicky Draft: Online free draft board. Good for putting an IRL draft on a TV screen for easy reference.

ADP, Rankings and Projections

Podcasts
  • The Fantasy Footballers: Has basically become the default fantasy football podcast, featuring three guys who are full time fantasy nuts. Decent balance of humor and conversation, although they get a bit repetitive and I find a lot of their opinions to be rather knee-jerk rather than insightful.
  • The Audible: Footballguys has a regular podcast that combines a healthy amount of insight, injury help with Dr. Jene Bramel, and they're very football-focused if you prefer that to other podcasts that have gimmicks or gags.
  • CBS Fantasy Football Today: Another high tier podcast that balances humor and insight, with multiple perspectives and a decent amount of access thanks to their CBS affiliation. They also have a Fantasy Football in Five edition that is essentially a short version of the main episode.
  • 4For4 Most Accurate Podcast: John Paulsen has repeatedly won awards for accuracy, and he provides a ton of information in a condensed amount of time. The mood is light and never boring, and at only 30 minutes per episode it's short and to the point.
  • Around The NFL: Although not technically a fantasy-specific podcast, they have a lot of useful information and provide a pretty cool insight into the workings of NFL media. They also seem to get a ton of really cool guests and the conversation is surprisingly candid. This has been my favorite podcast for years. RIP Wess.
  • ESPN Fantasy Focus Football: Small indie podcast by some guy who was an extra in Avengers once.

Twitter Follows
Here's an updated twitter list for fantasy:

Beat Writer Aggregator
@32BeatWriters

Real NFL Guys
@AlbertBreer
@gregcosell
@mortreport
@AdamSchefter
@rapsheet

Football Guys
@Sigmundbloom - Produces the excellent "Audible" podcast. My favorite follow.
@MattWaldman - Writes the Rookie Scouting Portfolio. I'm not sure he sleeps.
@JeneBramel - MD and Football Guy, excellent for injury updates on gameday morning and IDP advice
Not Dov Kleiman

The Fantasy Footballers - some people don't like them (too much fluff) but they are insanely accurate
@JasonFFL
@AndyHolloway
@ffhitman

CBS Sports
@DaveRichard - might be the nicest guy in fantasy
@JameyEisenberg - doesn't sleep
@HeathCummingssr - contrarian takes
@CTowersCBS - mix baseball/football
@AdamAizer - Trash takes

ESPN
@MikeClayNFL - The only one worth your time on their godawful analysis network
@StephaniaESPN - ok, Stephania Bell is good, too.

NFL
@GreggRosenthal - Former Rotoworld writer, great real life football knowledge
@AdamRank - Fantasy Analyst
@MarcasG - Fantasy Analyst
@MichaelFFlorio - Fantasy Analyst

NBC Sports Edge (current and former)
@LordReebs
@JoshNorris
@EvanSilva - The GOAT
@RotoPat - The guy who writes the funny Rotoworld blurbs
@CDCarter13 - FF #taeks and owning the ilbs

Yahoo!
@scott_pianowski
@AndyBehrens - boring
@LizLoza_FF
@MattHarmon_BYB - The Reception Perception guy.
@YahooNoise - Accurate/ballsy, but can take over a twitter feed

Misc. Writers/PFF Guys
@friscojosh - The Airyards Guy. Kind of an rear end in a top hat but has great WR insight
@LateRoundQB - JJ Zachariason, Editor-in-Chief at Fanduel & Numberfire
@ChrisRaybon - DFS Expert, but gives some good insight
@ScottBarrettDFB - Head PFF Fantasy Analyst, extraordinarily good info
@MikeTagliereNFL - lead NFL Writer, Fantasypros (RIP Tags)
@Allinkid - Lead Writer, The Athletic Fantasy
@4for4_John - from 4for4, most accurate guy the last couple years
@TJHernandez - DFS Director, 4for4
@HarrisFootball

Introduction - lifted directly from Beer because this is all good stuff!
Fantasy football does something amazing for sports fans in that it can make any game interesting. Two 0-5 teams across the country from you squaring off? Well if you have one of their quarterbacks, you will be pounding the table and screaming at the game until they kick you out of the bar.

Basically, you put together a team of individual players from around the league, then score points based on their performance on the football field. Lots of stuff can score points, like gaining yards and catching passes, so there's room for excitement during every single play.

The cycle of an NFL week provides a great framework for fantasy football. Most fantasy leagues are set up where each player plays another every week, and whoever has the highest total once the Monday night game ends gets the win. The playoffs happen during the last few weeks of the NFL regular season (although week 17 is a severely unpopular week for fantasy championships, because playoff-bound teams often rest their best players.)

Pretty much, if you like football and watching football, you will most likely love fantasy. If you never have before, give it a try.

The Basics
A league consists of several owners (typically 12), one of whom is the commissioner who manages the league. At the beginning of the season each owner drafts a roster of players. Rosters are typically fifteen players and consist of starters and a bench of reserve players to replace starters who are injured or on bye weeks. A typical starting lineup that will mirror NFL positions and consist of 1 Quarterback (QB), 2 Running Backs (RB), 3 Wide Receivers (WR), 1 Tight End (TE), a Place Kicker (PK), and a Team Defense/Special Teams (DST).

Each week your players will score points for your team according to their performance. Scoring can be very simple or incredibly complicated depending on the league, but many leagues use a standard scoring system where passing provides 1 point per 25 yards, 4 points per passing touchdown, and -1 point per interception and receiving and rushing gain 1 point per 10 yards, 6 points per receiving/rushing touchdown. Field goals are typically worth 3 points, and team defense scoring depends on a number of factors including sacks, interceptions, points allowed, defensive touchdowns, etc. Many leagues will use different scoring systems depending on the preferences of the players. One significant difference is PPR, or Points Per Reception, where wide receiver are awarded a set number of points (typically 0.5 or 1) for every reception.

The league season will go for a set number of weeks during the regular NFL season. Typically the last two to four weeks of the regular season are reserved for the playoffs, and most leagues end on the sixteenth week because many NFL teams will sit their star players in Week 17 if the outcome doesn't matter.

Variations
There are many roster variations that different leagues will use. Many leagues use a flex position where different positions can fit into a slot. The most common form of flex position replaces the third WR position in the standard lineup above with a WR/RB/TE flex position. That means that any Wide Receiver, Running Back, or Tight End player could be used in that slot. Leagues where that flex position allows a QB are typically called "2 QB leagues" because quarterbacks typically score far more points that other players. Other leagues utilize IDP or Individual Defensive Players instead of Team Defenses. IDP players score points for tackles, sacks, interceptions, touchdowns, etc. Many leagues are several years old and include rules to provide continuity between seasons. In contrast to a redraft league where every player is drafted at the start of each season some leagues use keepers where team owners are allowed to keep a set number of players per year. Other leagues are dynasty leagues where the entire roster is kept from year to year. Typically dynasty leagues use much deeper benches and include a rookie draft.

The Draft
Every league starts with a draft, where team owner pick their players. There are two major types of draft; the snake draft and the auction draft. A snake draft is where every owner receives a draft position and then picks a player in order for a number of rounds equal to the roster size. It's called a snake draft because the order "snakes" back and forth each round. In other words the owner who picked last in the first round will pick first in the second. Auction drafts are where each team owner has a set budget and they bid for each player until everyone's roster has been filled. There are numerous drafting strategies out there, but ultimately the goal of any draft is to get the maximum amount of value for your players.

Trades and the Waiver Wire
While drafting is essential, the most successful teams typically win by taking advantage of the waiver wire and trades. Trading is precisely what it sounds like; players offer each other trades that are accepted or rejected. Many leagues incorporate an approval process to prevent collusion where two players will deliberately stack one team and then split the winnings; there is no universe where Adrian Peterson is worth Mark Sanchez. Depending on the league trading may either be nonexistent or commonplace. Many leagues will end trading several weeks before the playoffs begin.

The NFL has hundreds of players and most of them will not be on a team roster. As players are injured or fall out of favor team owners will be forced to pick up free agents to replace them. To do this they use the waiver wire. Each week individual players are locked the moment their team starts their game. For the duration of this "waiver period" owners who wish to claim a free agent submit a "waiver claim." Owners who wish to make more than one waiver claim must indicate the priority of their claims. At the end of the waiver period (typically a day or two after the beginning of the new week) the league software checks the standings of the teams. Going in reverse order (worst standing to highest) the teams get their highest priority claim. If multiple teams have submitted waiver claims for the same player it will go the team with the lowest standing, and the other teams will get their lower priority claims. After the waiver period has en`ded every player is available to be claimed immediately. The waiver wire is extremely important. Alfred Morris, the 5th ranked running back of 2012, was a free agent in most leagues until the first week. Many owners use the waiver wire to "stream" defenses and other players based on that week's match.

Advice:
Know your drat league settings and make a plan before the draft. Does your league give a point per reception? Raise your valuation of pass catching running backs and those low-highlight receivers that get a bunch of targets. Are you in a league that gives bonus points for drafting players that are literally the worst human being? Whoever is quarterbacking for Tampa Bay should get a boost.

So many times, people sit down at a draft and ask, "is this 4 point or 6 point passing TDs?" Don't do that: If you're going to do no research beforehand, just get a Beer Sheet and follow it, that's exactly what they're invented for.

A very special rant about auctions: Don't take auction advice from analysts who primarily do drafts. Auctions take longer and how they go is greatly dependent upon the people involved. So analysts only have time to get in a few auctions each season, and it's usually with the same batch of other analysts they work with. This means that often the advice they give has only been shown to work a few times with a pre-set group of owners.

If you're looking for some tips as a first-time auctioner, or you're wondering how the meta has shifted for this year, don't Google it. Just hit us up here in the Armchair Quarterback. I've already started my mocks and analysis for 2023 and am always happy to share everything I've learned.

A WAY TO GET BETTER ADVICE ON KEEPERS FROM THE THREAD
Put as many rules as possible in your questions. Include league size, keeper rules (cost, how long can you keep, etc), rules (4 points for TD, PPR, etc)

That should be everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

gently caress yeah! New thread!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Football for the football gods

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Fantasy football is a mental disorder that runs from September to December. Like seasonal depression but dumber.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Thanks to my fellow mental issues fantasy idiots. It's not a waste of a life if it brings you joy.

Still waiting on that joy but confidence is high, I repeat confidence is high

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

Thanks to my fellow mental issues fantasy idiots. It's not a waste of a life if it brings you joy.

Still waiting on that joy but confidence is high, I repeat confidence is high

Is it Justyn Ross again this year or someone else?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ross may not make the 53. But holy poo poo do I hope he does.

This year it's UDFA running back Deneric Prince, who is clearly going to be even better than Darwin Thompson, the true Prince That Was Promised.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I think it's because I just need to scratch the itch, but I've contemplated starting up a dynasty league in place of my best ball one. I don't think I will (because I'm already in one dynasty league and the other players like the set it and forget it aspect of best ball), but it's tickling the back of my brain.

The one thing I think I'd like to experience is a heavy trash talking league. All of my current leagues are fun, and there is some light hearted ball busting here and there, but for the most part, everyone is chill. That's a good thing, don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for drama, but I guess a little more back and forth interaction would also be fun.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

My home league started our own goddam podcast so that we could get drunk and trash talk more, and make sure the people who moved away still get to hear how bad they suck. I love what absolute animals we’ve become.

In conclusion

Quiet Feet posted:

Fantasy football is a mental disorder that runs from September to December. Like seasonal depression but dumber.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

I think it's because I just need to scratch the itch, but I've contemplated starting up a dynasty league in place of my best ball one. I don't think I will (because I'm already in one dynasty league and the other players like the set it and forget it aspect of best ball), but it's tickling the back of my brain.

The one thing I think I'd like to experience is a heavy trash talking league. All of my current leagues are fun, and there is some light hearted ball busting here and there, but for the most part, everyone is chill. That's a good thing, don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for drama, but I guess a little more back and forth interaction would also be fun.

I've had an idea for the last couple of years of creating a SF TEP IDP dynasty league. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get a chance to do it this year, but I'm hoping to set it up next year. It'll be formatted so that defensive players have equal value to offensive players. It will be the last dynasty league I do because I'm already in too many lol.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sataere posted:

I've had an idea for the last couple of years of creating a SF TEP IDP dynasty league. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get a chance to do it this year, but I'm hoping to set it up next year. It'll be formatted so that defensive players have equal value to offensive players. It will be the last dynasty league I do because I'm already in too many lol.

God bless you if you get it up and going. I tried an IDP league one year and having to keep up with the defensive players and the scoring was just too much for me. Team Defense is enough of a crapshoot by itself, much less breaking it down.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

God bless you if you get it up and going. I tried an IDP league one year and having to keep up with the defensive players and the scoring was just too much for me. Team Defense is enough of a crapshoot by itself, much less breaking it down.

I loved IDP when we had the league. It definitely requires a hardcore love of fantasy football

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Silly Burrito posted:

The one thing I think I'd like to experience is a heavy trash talking league.

Way to lose to drunknerds in the playoffs this season. He hasn't checked his team in like three years.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

Way to lose to drunknerds in the playoffs this season. He hasn't checked his team in like three years.

It’s ok, I beat him in the Super Bowl two years ago. At least when I make it to the big dance, I go home with the prom queen.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s ok, I beat him in the Super Bowl two years ago. At least when I make it to the big dance, I go home with the prom queen.

Joke's on you, I have the second pick and I only have to fill every position on my roster!!!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

I actually might kind of care about dynasty now. As I said in the other thread, yesterday I was on the clock in a SF league and Stroud was available. Going back and forth with all the interested owners to engineer the best trade back possible (I traded 1.05 & 2.05 for 1.09 and DJM because all I wanted was a WR and the top 4 were still on the board). That awakened something in me.

I'm going to check this team Poque is talking about, now.

Edit: Holy cow, I need to win now. Or do I need to trade Cook and Henry to a team that needs to win now for some building pieces? Or has that window past?

Am I doing dynasty thoughts right?

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 6, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
You still have to trade your fifth to Quiet Feet now, it’s a tradition.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

All 7-7 teams have to compete in a bidding war for Aaron Rodgers to. It's tradition

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

You still have to trade your fifth to Quiet Feet now, it’s a tradition.

Yeah! :mad:

Also my 1st and 2nd rounders are on the block in that league!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Near the end of the last year's thread some people gave me some input on doing a dynasty dispersal draft so I wanted to follow up to say thanks to those folks and to whomever it was that pointed me at the Football Absurdity Discord, where I got some additional good input. Here is how the first 2/3 or so of the dispersal draft ended up (I'm on the right):

I'm really happy with it, because my plan is to Crash for Caleb (by having no starting QBs on the current roster and I'll draft a QB with 1.02)(I also have dogshit WR depth behind the great starters). I could have done a few things differently but overall it worked out how I had hoped. I should not have waited on Hollywood so long, but I did because the guy had already (over)drafted DHop. I should not have let Everette sit, even though I dont really believe in him and he will not be as productive this year with a 1st round rookie WR on the roster. I probably should have bothered with Boyd because he's a WR3 and not very trade-able.

I'm currently working on trying to trade Kupp and Chubb. Something that someone shared on the Football Absurdity discord that I thought was fascinating about Chubb:

Before/After Watson being the starter.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah the drop off for Chubb when Watson came back is really stark. Who knows if that will continue or if they will return to giving one of the best backs in the league the ball again but it is concerning.

Also I wouldn’t sweat missing out on Everett too much. You have several picks that could be used on a rookie TE in a good class if you’re so inclined.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

That's some good ol fashioned Stefanski play calling. It works, don't do it. They'll never see it coming!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

That Nick Chubb bad data aside, what picks would you guys ask for him in PPR dynasty? I want him off my team because I'm trying to tank so considering his usage last year and his age I think I'd be ok with like.... a third this year and a second next year.

I'm also debating what pick to ask for if I send a guy Cooper Kupp for Marquise Brown.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's some good ol fashioned Stefanski play calling. It works, don't do it. They'll never see it coming!
I would like to think that Stefanski was just trying to go for volume passing to get Watson to knock the rust off this past year since they were expecting to have a weird season anyway. But the Stefanski thing is too on-point.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're selling absurdly low if we're talking dynasty. Thanks to Stefanski being a moron he doesn't have the same level of wear for someone his age and can produce despite him.

Also holy poo poo Anthony Richardson is really getting the Trey Lance treatment

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 6, 2023

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You're selling absurdly low if we're talking dynasty. Thanks to Stefanski being a moron he doesn't have the same level of wear for someone his age and can produce despite him.

Good point, I'll keep that in mind and start with a first as a baseline

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

That Nick Chubb bad data aside, what picks would you guys ask for him in PPR dynasty? I want him off my team because I'm trying to tank so considering his usage last year and his age I think I'd be ok with like.... a third this year and a second next year.

I'm also debating what pick to ask for if I send a guy Cooper Kupp for Marquise Brown.

I would like to think that Stefanski was just trying to go for volume passing to get Watson to knock the rust off this past year since they were expecting to have a weird season anyway. But the Stefanski thing is too on-point.

Dynasty, Kupp and Chubb need to be for a minimum first. First plus a young player is where I move.

He really is, but he is also way more athletic than Lance was on tape against much better competition. He's still the QB3 for me in dynasty, but I get why guys wanna just shoot for upside.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kupp had arguably the best season EVER by a WR two years ago, and has been amazing for years and years. He should get nothing short of an absolute haul if you trade him.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Kupp had arguably the best season EVER by a WR two years ago, and has been amazing for years and years. He should get nothing short of an absolute haul if you trade him.

He's also 30, which limits the return you'll get unless he starts going off.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I actually might kind of care about dynasty now. As I said in the other thread, yesterday I was on the clock in a SF league and Stroud was available. Going back and forth with all the interested owners to engineer the best trade back possible (I traded 1.05 & 2.05 for 1.09 and DJM because all I wanted was a WR and the top 4 were still on the board). That awakened something in me.

I'm going to check this team Poque is talking about, now.

Edit: Holy cow, I need to win now. Or do I need to trade Cook and Henry to a team that needs to win now for some building pieces? Or has that window past?

Am I doing dynasty thoughts right?

I love how I said I'd need a week, so we did a slow draft. The minute I was on the clock, three different people were like "hey man, not sure if you noticed, but you're on the clock" :v:

I SAID I WAS TAKING A WEEK! You fuckers are lucky I got done with my top 15 grades early!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

He's also 30, which limits the return you'll get unless he starts going off.

Agreed, but I’ve seen firsts sent for worse players all the time. I traded Hopkins for a first last year. Kupp is still a league winner and will absolutely fetch a first and more pretty easily, I’d think.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

Is this sufficient

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jesus Christ :derp:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Is this sufficient

Jesus I wish I could trade people away for that kind of value. I got Marquise Brown, 3.02, and 4.02 and I'm happy with it because I'm trying to tank and this is a league where trades are not too common.

edit: also Kupp really took off with Stafford. He was really good before but not supernatural like he was with Stafford. And I dont expect Stafford to last any more than another year, maybe 2, so I'd rather have a younger guy like Marquise, who did really drat well with Kyler before they both got hurt last year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 7, 2023

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Yeah! :mad:

Also my 1st and 2nd rounders are on the block in that league!

I'd like to CRUSH Quiet Feet in a dynasty league.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Silly Burrito posted:

Is this sufficient

:cheers:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

EconDad posted:

I'd like to CRUSH Quiet Feet in a dynasty league.

I'm perfectly capable of being crushed without you.

Silly Burrito posted:

Is this sufficient

I'll own it. Kupp had one top-10 finish prior to this trade, had two years in the mid-20s, and then the injury year. I was 2-2 at the start of 2021 after a couple of lackluster season and figured I should just sell off pieces and try to rebuild. Didn't think he would keep up that pace through the rest of the season!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm perfectly capable of being crushed without you.

I'll own it. Kupp had one top-10 finish prior to this trade, had two years in the mid-20s, and then the injury year. I was 2-2 at the start of 2021 after a couple of lackluster season and figured I should just sell off pieces and try to rebuild. Didn't think he would keep up that pace through the rest of the season!

Absolutely nobody knew.

Except Steve Smith, I suppose.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Absolutely nobody knew.

Except Steve Smith, I suppose.

Pepperidge Farm knew

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm doing a dynasty startup draft with some industry people and he went 2.02 :byodood:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Fantasy is great because it the beginning the weather is nice and you’ve got your shiny new team and then in December the weather is miserable and depressing along with your team

Thanks for the new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Was listening to PFF and apparently they think the 40 times for WR and DB were messed up. Said the splits and 10s and 20s didn't line up with the 40 times and they went so far as to call it "mathematically impossible".

Also they suspect something was going on with the laser. I know Doltos mentioned that as well.

So I looked up my team's WR pick and I recommend you do the same if you have one.

The 40 sticks out like a sore thumb. For some guys like Hyatt or Addison who were dinged in the draft for slower than expected 40 times uhhhh that may be bullshit.

Draft accordingly.