Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
That was when this was sort of a writing project I was doing while hammered but its since changed to a generally informative LP under Snake Maze cuz they broke my laptop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
I feel disheartened that we cannot make the golem in the image of Minmo

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Snake Maze posted:

Nope, it takes multiple ingame days to build the golem, so you can’t use precognition to peek at what you’ll get.

but you can enable the debug save/load commands to see what the different outcomes are

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

not an emptyquote

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Well I'm much less confused by the previous update's ending since you seemed far too nonchalant about sealing yourself inside a sarcophagus and dying because "oh poo poo I forgot to do A Thing and died instead of progressing" would not have surprised me in the slightest.

Breadmaster posted:

I feel disheartened that we cannot make the golem in the image of Minmo

This. Can we recruit Minmo II and make them the basis for the golem?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Wait holy poo poo, would the slolem have the bilge sphincter?

Followup thought: I wonder what happens if you use cloning draught on Slog and kill the clone and butcher it for its annunclus and whatever body part you can sever from it. The sloggest of golems. Sludge for the catalyst fluid

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Angry Diplomat posted:

Followup thought: I wonder what happens if you use cloning draught on Slog and kill the clone and butcher it for its annunclus and whatever body part you can sever from it. The sloggest of golems. Sludge for the catalyst fluid

The range of bonuses from Golem body types is pretty limited and on par with the other categories, so, an innate mutation and possibly a stat boost. I don't think Slug gives anything.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

Angry Diplomat posted:

All of this is my vote now. The Sloggest of Slog golems, in honor of his victorious duel against the Saad (which appears to be an archaic form of address along the lines of the knightly "sir") Amus.

Looking it up, Saad turns out to be a name of Arabic origin in real life. Makes sense, considering how much the game draws from Judaic and Arabic for things like the sultanate, Bethesda, sheol, golgotha, Ezra, etc.

IthilionTheBrave fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 2, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Absolutely correct that doing that part blind is a gut clencher,

Also though you can bully herodictus for the mark of death then inscribe... that also means you murdered your way through all the cherubs before, because if you are unmarked they will attack you on sight.

So the recoming nook. There are... implications here, So for one, the sarcophagi of the Sultans act at a minimum as a connectivity device for the brain to the thinworld and brightsheol, possibly as a full uploader and digitizer of conciousness, with the nook clearly you can return from it as well. And quite possibly... the Sultan did, there might in the end only have been one Sultan of Qud who came back via this method repeatedly, which is why over the course of the 7000ish years of the games history that we have on record(and more before then that is lost or not mentioned in a time wise manner.) we only actually have 5 Sultans and Resheph. Or just Resheph.

There are many alternatives as well, if these were more commonplace and used as a method of teleportation by the Eaters, making new bodies for themselves (which is why there are so many different creatures in Qud, all of them quite sapient as well) as they came and went from the wonders and decadence of the Thinworld. One potential reason for the Sultans is that the Eater's retreated to the thinworld as the interdiction came down and one single one would emerge every thousand or so years to scout things out on the ground, do maintenance, and see if the interdiction against space travel was lifted or not before returning.

So much good lore here

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Clone, befriend, bond with and pilot ourselves. Be the Golem we want to see in Salum. As above, so below; as within, so without.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.
Do self-clones count as friendly followers?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

prisoner of waffles posted:

Do self-clones count as friendly followers?

If you make them yourself, yeah, they'll follow you around and do what you ask them to

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I'm torn between making a golem of oneself in an act of ego to match your inflated Ego stat, or to make a Slog Golem that's as Sloggy as possible.

If you do make a golem of yourself, try to dismember your face for the body part slot. I'm not sure if it's come up in the LPs but you can dismember faces off creatures and wear them in your Face slot for an Ego boost based off the creature's level. There's nothing stopping you from wearing your own face if it gets dismembered and you pick it back up. You can also mod Two-Faced onto a helmet and get an extra Face slot that way, or have multiple heads/faces via mutations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

MuffinsAndPie posted:

Is it hinted anywhere about how long ago Reseph's reign was? I wonder how dilapidated everything was in his time, or how much of a mystery the eaters' actions/extent of their influence was for even them.

did you not listen to the robot? Resheph's reign is ongoing :v:

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

I'm sad Minmo never got to be a golem.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

also regarding zetachrome weapons, there's actually an even better option than Tilly or trawling the deep underground -- there's one more merchant, of an even higher item tier, in a main quest location we haven't been to yet

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Snake Maze posted:

The hamsa is any one item that weighs less than 5 pounds. Cybernetic implants can be a good choice, since the golem will start with it installed, but there are lots of other fun effects you can get as well.
Can amaranthine prism be used as a hamsa and if yes, does it have any particularly fun effects?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Can amaranthine prism be used as a hamsa and if yes, does it have any particularly fun effects?

Trying to imagine the look on Indrix's face when you tell him that yes, you got the Prism, no, you don't have it, and don't worry, it's safely sealed into the heart of a giant biomechanical Gundam powered by psychic vibes and neutron flux

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

you can polygel the amaranthine prism. why not both?

e: i've also always wanted to see whether a certain deep endgame NPC reacts to the prism, although they probably don't

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

IthilionTheBrave posted:

There's nothing stopping you from wearing your own face if it gets dismembered and you pick it back up. You can also mod Two-Faced onto a helmet and get an extra Face slot that way, or have multiple heads/faces via mutations.

this game loving rules

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

AtomikKrab posted:

There are many alternatives as well, if these were more commonplace and used as a method of teleportation by the Eaters, making new bodies for themselves (which is why there are so many different creatures in Qud, all of them quite sapient as well) as they came and went from the wonders and decadence of the Thinworld. One potential reason for the Sultans is that the Eater's retreated to the thinworld as the interdiction came down and one single one would emerge every thousand or so years to scout things out on the ground, do maintenance, and see if the interdiction against space travel was lifted or not before returning.

So much good lore here

Yeah, it's pretty interesting. Personally I think that the recoming nooks were used only under unusual circumstances, and most people who went to Bightsheol never returned. Partly because recoming nooks are very rare (we'll only ever find the one working one we used and the broken one in Hydropon - compare with the functional becoming nooks dotted all over Qud), and party just because of how entering Bightsheol seems to have a ritualistic finality to it. You shake the old life from your hair, and cross in to a new life in Brightsheol.

(Although now that I think about it - I had assumed that the life gate contained medical facilities or mass-brain-upload technology or something, but I suppose it could also have been more recoming nooks.)

Since we're on the topic of Lore, here's my own theory as to the timeline of the Tomb of the Eaters. This is a mixture of actual details from the game and filling in the blanks based on vibes and educated guesses, so I'll try to cite my sources.
  • In the very distant past, Earth was part of an intergalactic community. It seems like they were probably a fairly respected one, since they trusted the Eaters to imprison Ptoh
  • The Eaters did something forbidden (exactly what is probably its own discussion), and in response the coven placed an injunction on Earth, in the form of seven plagues that would activate if (and only if) Earth tried to contact the rest of the galaxy.
  • Tons of Eaters died in the immediate aftermath. They cut off contact with the rest of the galaxy, quieting the plagues, and built the tomb around the spindle - possibly as a purely symbolic move, possibly because they needed the "Seraph" at the top of the spindle in order to create Brightsheol.
  • (I'm also assuming here that Brightsheol was created in response to the mass deaths from the plagues, but this is pure speculation on my part)
  • Between the deaths, isolation, and eaters leaving for Brightsheol, Earth's civilization decays over several millenium. The plagues and the reason for the ban on startravel are gradually forgotten. Some of the sultans in this period build elaborate tombs for themselves, each one adding another floor atop the current structure
  • Resheph becomes sultan. He removes the ban on interstellar contact, the reason for which has been forgotten, and establishes a site to welcome visitors from other planets
  • Since Earth is once again open to the rest of the galaxy, the plagues reactivate.
  • Resheph learns about how the plagues are linked to Earth's isolation, and seals the Tomb and dissolves the sultanate. (Why did he have to go that far? It's not clear)
  • 1000 years later, a signal of welcoming is broadcasted from the top of the spindle. (Is it from someone who's landed at the top of the spindle? Or is it emitted by the spindle itself, welcoming others from beyond the stars? Resheph's old project reactivating?)
  • Since the earth is no longer isolated, the plagues return once again. Girshling begin eating the watervines in Joppa, and a mysterious wanderer arrives in town...

The amaranthine prism posted:

"When the Eaters lived and skirred the stars, they visited the worlds of a thousand thousand different beings, and those beings likewise visited our own world. Several of those beings had assembled a coven that spanned the firmament, and they welcomed the Eaters into its fold. For ages the civilizations of the coven knew kindness and prosperity, and to all reaches of the clustered cosmos did the domain of the coven stretch. One of the beings of the coven hailed from a faraway and darkling star. With Its mind It could fold the fabric of space and time as you or I might fold a supper cloth. To the coven It was known as Ptoh."

"For reasons we can but fathom the civilizations of the stars indicted Ptoh. It was the will of the coven that It be held on our very world in the bondage of the Eaters. They contrived for Ptoh a prison from which It could not fold Itself away, and there Ptoh languished for eons. In time, the Eaters left or perished, and the coven was forgotten to our world. Yet here Ptoh remains imprisoned."

Barathrum the Old posted:

You see, nestling, in the earliest aurora of our past, the Eaters of Earth were joined by a great coven of beings that spanned the firmament. But the Eaters succumbed to some terrible temptation, and an injunction was placed on our world.

Since then, the stars were silent to us, and our world was left to molder and decay. But something changed. The signal affirms that an entity roosts atop the Spindle, and invites us to join it.

Dare I say, is the injunction at an end? It's too early to tell, but alas, there could be hope for our world.

Elder Irudad posted:

An infernal creature of plague. But not for a millenium has... Why now?

You see, wayfarer, one thousand years ago, in the last days of the sultanate, a series of seven plagues called the Gyre spread through and out of Qud. They were a long-stewing punishment for some trespass committed in the soft sludge of primordium, before even the sultans reigned.

A scourge of girshlings was one of these plagues. But... Resheph lifted the curse! He cast off his crown and unmade the sultanate... It makes no sense that the girshlings would return to eat our crops. Unless...

What a dark tiding this is!

History of Resheph posted:

$ Acting against a prohibition on the practice of worshipping the stars, Resheph led an army to the gates of Omonporch. There he defeated his brothers in battle and liberated its citizens, and they crowned him the sultan of Qud.

[...]

$ After conferring with mysterious strangers, Resheph convinced them to help him found a harborage for the purpose of receiving visitors from across the clustered cosmos. They named it Starfarer's Quay.

$ In 3 BR, the Gyre widened, and the first triad of plagues afflicted the land. The water was poisoned with salt, girshlings ravaged the fruit and wheat, and tongues rotted away in the mouths of kith and kin. Resheph walked below the chrome arches and healed the sick.

[...]

$ In 2 BR, the Gyre widened, and the second triad of plagues afflicted the land. The legs of kith and kin annealed to iron, darkness bloomed from the earth, and the svardym blackened the sky. Resheph walked below the chrome arches and healed the sick.

$ At Starfarer's Quay, Resheph consulted with mysterious strangers and learned the secret of the Gyre. By cause of the misdeeds of the elder saads and sultans, star beings had levied a curse on Qud. Resheph vowed to make right from this wrong and redeem our doomed world.

$ In 1 BR, the Gyre widened, and the final plague afflicted the land. The Girsh Nephilim rose from their cradles on the Moon Stair and slouched toward Qud to eat its young. Resheph rose to meet them in battle and cast them back.

$ In 1 AR, Resheph closed the gates to the Tomb of the Eaters, abdicated the throne, and dissolved the sultanate in order to lift the curse of the Gyre.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think the life gate may have indeed had a lot of recoming nooks in it.

In all likelihood starfarer's Quay is at the top of the Spindle... or its the Rusted Archway. a Lot of Resheph's lore is centered in the region from Joppa towards the Tomb itself

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

habituallyred posted:

They got that: Salum

I suppose making a Neutron Flux powered golem with a Neutron power source is a bad idea?

Also can we Sphinx Salt the form selection to see what comes out? By default I want a tripod robot but if we could make a turret work...

Lol I'm a dummy and missed that.

And I imagine it uses the same idea as like putting a coal fired steam engine on a flammable ship isolated out in the sea. There's precautions made surely! Personally, I trust Klanq

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

did you not listen to the robot? Resheph's reign is ongoing :v:

That poor robo's been up there all this time just waiting for the chance to engrave this massive 1000+ year history

MuffinsAndPie fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 2, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I caught up again! Poor Minmo. :( Utterly brilliant strategy though, I'd never considered befriending an ooze and turning them into a hell sludge

Super, super cool to see the Tomb of the Eaters, haven't made it that far yet, myself

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
It's a little sad to spoil the tomb climax for people, I think we really landed that particular design, especially when you go in blind. On the other hand it's extremely good for more people to see that the game goes from like a normal dungeon crawler to ... less of a normal dungeon crawler by the end; so in short it is a land of contrasts and a great LP.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Unormal posted:

It's a little sad to spoil the tomb climax for people, I think we really landed that particular design, especially when you go in blind. On the other hand it's extremely good for more people to see that the game goes from like a normal dungeon crawler to ... less of a normal dungeon crawler by the end; so in short it is a land of contrasts and a great LP.

Its a great game and one that I really enjoy making up my own lore based off the information that is left unfinished and for the player to ponder on.

While for example I would absolutely love to go to one of the arcologies of the truekin, I think its fine to leave them outside of the scope of the game itself as something for the players to use their imagination on.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Unormal posted:

I've been to Golgotha one thousand times and still feel my stomach drop

When I start the game and hear Joppa's theme I relax and look around

When I ASCEND I will be wet and luminous with the sight of a dimension stone

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

My big lore question is: if Qud, or Salum, is near the Mediterranean or even in the former location of the Mediterranean, why build the spindle there? Wouldn't the Eaters have built it near the equator? Or is their stuff so good that they just didn't have to care?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Unormal posted:

TECHNICALLY nobody described the thing yet, so: anyone unaware consider waiting for Snake Maze to drop the new update before reading more stuff. You might figured the what but the how is amazing

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The finale of the Tomb gets well-deserved praise for being incredible, but I don't want to sell the rest of the dungeon short. This is a tomb, a place for quiet contemplation... but instead it's absolute pandemonium. You have swarms of speedy ferrets causing mischief, graverobbers stealing anything they can find, Mopango poking around, slimes burning holes in the floor, and crypt sitters that'll go berserk and murder everything nearby. All of these factions are hostile to each other so there's constant fighting going on, and if any of their blood falls onto grave moss it blossoms into monsters that cause even more chaos. And on top of all of that, you have the bells of rest, forcing you to constantly be rushing, constantly avoiding getting caught up in some nonsense. And let's not forget that you yourself are also an invader here, the greatest thief of all time, capable of not only plundering the sultan's relics, but stealing the very place in heaven reserved for the Ghost-in-Cerulean himself.

Golgotha feels disgusting, and Bethesda Susa feels freezing. The Tomb feels blasthemous.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
game good imo

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

wiegieman posted:

My big lore question is: if Qud, or Salum, is near the Mediterranean or even in the former location of the Mediterranean, why build the spindle there? Wouldn't the Eaters have built it near the equator? Or is their stuff so good that they just didn't have to care?

Imho it's the latter, although it all depends on when the spindle was built

On that note, here is a tangent on looking at the past in the game:

So, the past of Qud has some great semiotics to consider. It's not a structured idea of past history the way we see our own past; it is quite possible that are entire periods or even ages of what would be the future to us. What I mean is that The Great Before isn't just the time of the Eaters: it's just a way to refer to a past that definitely existed, with material circumstances on the present, but has no structured signifiers to make it history as we understand it, like the mythic ages of antiquity.

It's a pet idea that comes from stuff which are obviously intended as hypercapitalistic consumer products (snakelite, rocket skates, etc): in the way it comes to my mind, this period is very advanced, but still before integration with the larger galactic civilization. When that integration happens, this is where ultrafuturistic clusterfuck comes up: the canned have-it-alls, spray-a-brain, just pure unadultered hedonistic excess that comes with technology that far exceeds capitalism itself but with people figuring out the transitioning past it. Absolutely wondrous poo poo, straight-up thaumaturgy from the heavens being made into consumer goods because people are stampeded into unimaginable wealth and don't know how to quite deal with that yet.

As that happens, transhumanism existed already, but true technological ascension has been made possible with galactic integration. This is a game-changer: how far you are into ascension measures social worth. A new conceptualization of nobility emerges through modification, which can be made artificially scarce and create a new form of privilege. Aristocrats arise, with their own peculiar economy of credits that subvert the post-scarcity world, walling out the unworthy.

Who are the unworthy? Everybody else exposed to the technological shock of integration without regard or control, who suddenly are growing horns or wings or scales or beaks because they were served wondrous alien tech to eat and nobody cared to test. As the ascension through technology becomes more and more impressive, so do the changes and mutations become weirder and weirder. People become able to do photosynthesis, then suddenly are becoming plants, or is it vice-versa? Who the gently caress thought it was a good idea to make self-managing banana plantations by having sapient red dacca slave drivers?

This has been a good while already. Then, oh boy, civilization figures out the psychic poo poo (at this point, in my imagination of things, the spindle has been built for a while but elevators are passé so it begins to be repurposed). With the psychic poo poo, things go really turbofucking heroic dose of shrooms reality-bending into the future. Multiple dimensions; temporal fuckery; doing a calculus exam wrong can evaporate a planet; gods in the great astral seas; loving precognition; consciousness can be transferred at will with no loss; beings that KNOW you are dimension-hopping and astral-warping as a get-out-of-jail-free-card and call you a normieturd cheating gently caress when you run back to your silly "onthological anchooors wahwah". Computation that can deal with all that poo poo to automate all the required work.

At this point, somebody went and realized this might as well be New Jerusalem. There's no true death anymore, time is understood as something else entirely, there are absurd miracles happening everywhere and all the time at once. Mythic and holy names are used to describe those things: Baetyls can make anything in a nanosecond. This is the peak of that civilization, the Eaters. Also, another pet idea: the Kesil face is an artifact of that time, of the sultans before the sultanate, the rulers of Orion. The Sultanate of Qud only emerges as such when the Interdiction happens.

(IDK what sort of completely loving ridiculous poo poo was done that got the intergalactic civilization to embargo the place; probably some total douchbag of an aristocrat decided to press the "DON'T PRESS THE BUTTON OR THE WRKNCACNTER WAKES UP" because his baetyl had a 0.0000000000132 seconds delay to properly configurate the ultrahypertranscendental cosmic sex dreamsystem for that week's Tantric Friday, and he totally lost his poo poo and pressed the button in a tantrum, ruining the whole loving deal)

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Aug 3, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

This is why I fuckin love Qud.

Nice Marathon ref, too

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

[*]1000 years later, a signal of welcoming is broadcasted from the top of the spindle. (Is it from someone who's landed at the top of the spindle? Or is it emitted by the spindle itself, welcoming others from beyond the stars? Resheph's old project reactivating?)
[*]Since the earth is no longer isolated, the plagues return once again. Girshling begin eating the watervines in Joppa, and a mysterious wanderer arrives in town...
[/list]

I wonder if there's more to the timing here. We learn about the signal because Argyve basically reinvents radio and hears it. One might assume this could imply that Argyve accidentally caused it, but Mehmet gives us the Watervine quest before we get Argyve's wire, so the girshling plague had already started before Argyve finished his project.

I feel its a bit too coincidental that the signal just happened to start shortly before a guy invented a way to intercept it.

However maybe one of Argyve's earlier attempts at the radio broadcasted a signal to reboot Resheph's project. This could explain why the girshlings are so far from the moon stair - they beelined to the area where the interdiction was violated. This may also explain why Joppa is destroyed when you don't start there - if no one clears out red rock then the Girshlings erupt from the red rock tunnel and wipe out Joppa in response to Argyve messing with forces he doesn't understand.

I read something a while back that you can find a frozen clone of yourself deep in the caves, so maybe you're also some sort of response that was activated too. Perhaps you're part of the plague, perhaps something Resheph set up to trying to maintain the interdiction. (maybe even a clone of him, given that herodictus is so easily convinced that you're Resheph)

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Further Reading posted:

I wonder if there's more to the timing here. We learn about the signal because Argyve basically reinvents radio and hears it. One might assume this could imply that Argyve accidentally caused it, but Mehmet gives us the Watervine quest before we get Argyve's wire, so the girshling plague had already started before Argyve finished his project.

I feel its a bit too coincidental that the signal just happened to start shortly before a guy invented a way to intercept it.

However maybe one of Argyve's earlier attempts at the radio broadcasted a signal to reboot Resheph's project. This could explain why the girshlings are so far from the moon stair - they beelined to the area where the interdiction was violated. This may also explain why Joppa is destroyed when you don't start there - if no one clears out red rock then the Girshlings erupt from the red rock tunnel and wipe out Joppa in response to Argyve messing with forces he doesn't understand.

I read something a while back that you can find a frozen clone of yourself deep in the caves, so maybe you're also some sort of response that was activated too. Perhaps you're part of the plague, perhaps something Resheph set up to trying to maintain the interdiction. (maybe even a clone of him, given that herodictus is so easily convinced that you're Resheph)

You can find multiple cyrotubes if you dig enough, more saad amus's, more of yourself, even extra Mehmet's.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

wiegieman posted:

They shifted the planet's rotation and magnetic axis to suit it and that's why the weather's all hosed up. This started as a joke answer but I now realize that it's entirely consistent with the power and hubris of the Eaters so I'm actually kind of into it now

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

wiegieman posted:

maybe the planet's tilt shifted and that is the equator now

efb

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Aug 3, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
This LP has done a lot to get me interested in buying and playing qud, story spoilers or no; I've always found rogue-ish games more complex than nethack to be fairly impenetrable.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

dead gay comedy forums posted:

TECHNICALLY nobody described the thing yet, so: anyone unaware consider waiting for Snake Maze to drop the new update before reading more stuff. You might figured the what but the how is amazing

It's possible I'm totally misreading your post, and if so I apologize, but did you miss the most recent update? I think I posted it a couple seconds before you the other day. We've been to brightsheol and back, we're past the tomb now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Snake Maze posted:

It's possible I'm totally misreading your post, and if so I apologize, but did you miss the most recent update? I think I posted it a couple seconds before you the other day. We've been to brightsheol and back, we're past the tomb now.

I'm telling you people, this game, it causes temporal fuckery even irl (totally missed it somehow, thanks for letting me know) :buddy:

also: lmaaao