Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice

dr_rat posted:

And because spiders are also cool, a photo of a friendly spider that lived in my room and protected me from any annoying flies that would wander in:

Guessing this is an Australian Daddy Long Legs? I know they call different things that same name in other parts of the world.

I am one of the most arachnophobic jerks you'll ever meet, though spiders are cool and good. Just can't have them near me.
However, these fellas I'll let chill in my room any day. They just pick a corner, and leave you be. While catching any other spider or pest that gets in the room.

What I'm saying is, that spider has a more fulfilling life and provides more benefit to others than Musk ever will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakutambah
Jan 17, 2007

#include <Mastodon.h>
#include <Pterodactyl.h>
#include <Triceratops.h>
#include <SaberToothed_Tiger.h>
#include <Tyrannosaurus.h>

void megazordSequence();
College Slice
(( Also that pic makes it look like it's face is a little skull :krad: ))

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

tokyo reject posted:

lol that the name of new generic corporate Twitter account is “X News Daily”. Lmao everything he does just gives off such sleazy vibes.

edit:

It’s also pretty funny based on those screenshots that Elon apparently believes his own bullshit, like as in he actually thinks this is going to be some kind of “Gotcha!” reveal in court or something

All rich people believe their own bullshit. Most have better handlers / less need for public approval / less money.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

I would ask who the guy on the lower left is, but he seems boring.

That's Matt "wears a lumberjack outfit to desperately assert his masculinity in his videos complaining about children's media" Walsh

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
One of the spiders we let live at our previous home had babies, there were dozens of very tiny spiders around the parent. I wish I had taken pictures, they were probably vacuumed or killed after we moved out :(

.random
May 7, 2007

Saw this around and after counting the legs decided it wasn’t a tick so I let it live. Am I gonna die?

Also Elon seems bad?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

.random posted:

Saw this around and after counting the legs decided it wasn’t a tick so I let it live. Am I gonna die?

Also Elon seems bad?

that is a kissing bug, it can carry chagas disease

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

.random posted:

Also Elon seems bad?

Looks like a harmless black shield/stink bug. Hard to tell from the angle.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Celexi posted:

that is a kissing bug, it can carry chagas disease

What's chagas

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Definitely not a kissing bug, head is flat and wide.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Grey Cat posted:

Definitely not a kissing bug, head is flat a d wide.

oh, missed that, nvm

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Celexi posted:

oh, missed that, nvm

Now to wait and see if he survives the night. We'll know for sure.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

chagas deez nuts :elon:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
True story: the other day I was loading my vaporizer and I noticed a tiny baby spider descending down from my index finger, straight towards the bowl I was loading. It was like it had decided "this is how I want to go out."

THAT is what blazing your glory is.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Nameless Pete posted:

True story: the other day I was loading my vaporizer and I noticed a tiny baby spider descending down from my index finger, straight towards the bowl I was loading. It was like it had decided "this is how I want to go out."

THAT is what blazing your glory is.

Charlotte's Weed

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

kissing bugs? not for me, thanks

.random
May 7, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Looks like a harmless black shield/stink bug. Hard to tell from the angle.

Doesn’t have a long shield-y body. It was pretty round. Had thin grayish striations lengthwise along its body/shell/whatever big words I should know. Definitely not a kissing bug but maybe I’m already dead?

Another Elon thread success!

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Ghostlight posted:

kissing bugs? not for me, thanks

Wow, bugotry

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

.random posted:

Doesn’t have a long shield-y body. It was pretty round. Had thin grayish striations lengthwise along its body/shell/whatever big words I should know. Definitely not a kissing bug but maybe I’m already dead?

did it look like any of this

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

.random posted:

A top-down pic would be most helpful in identifying. Pick him up to get a better picture.

I'm sure he's harmless, though.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Kill all bugs hth

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

lol while they were taking down the X

Old post but, I heard Grimes speak once. I was expecting her to maybe have at least one interesting or insightful thing to say but she was so profoundly stupid that i now assume the average rich and famous people are even more stupid than i used to. she lowered the average expectation of intelligence across the board, just some real dumbassery.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
a disease named after ted cruz

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Grimes is an incredibly stupid person and seems easily influenced by the last thing she heard. Remember when she started dating Elon and was suddenly anti tesla unions. She also recently said the patriarchy was good because she liked some stuff in society.

I have to assume she was an industry plant with deep connections because I just cannot believe someone so stupid could make it as far as she has on their own

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Sankis posted:

Grimes is an incredibly stupid person and seems easily influenced by the last thing she heard. Remember when she started dating Elon and was suddenly anti tesla unions. She also recently said the patriarchy was good because she liked some stuff in society.

I have to assume she was an industry plant with deep connections because I just cannot believe someone so stupid could make it as far as she has on their own

Her family's loaded and she did make some good music, but ultimately a lot of it boils down to being in the right place at the right time and knowing the right people

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

So now that Twitter is X, are the users of X supposed to say "check my Xexs?" My apologies if that joke as been beat into the ground. Buy why "X"? Leon is so dumb.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Free speech absolutist: hey I'm going to steal this guy's name because it's convenient for me to do so, also we're suing a press outlet that's been covering activity on our platform, with receipts

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

“chagas” sounds like a tasty mexican entree

.random
May 7, 2007

Celexi posted:

did it look like any of this

No, those look scary as heck though. Anyway, hopefully it lives a free and happy life and doesn’t cause destruction and devastation :shobon:

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
We're getting Assassin bugs up here in the PNW because the spiders are lazy and don't want to work!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Plan R posted:

We're getting Assassin bugs up here in the PNW because the spiders are lazy and don't want to work!

you might be surrounded by ninja bugs right now and you wouldn't know

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I don't miss being inundated in stink bugs since I left Pennsylvania. gently caress those things. I'm cool with most bugs, but stink bugs are terrible.

Elon Musk is the stink bug of humanity.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Songbearer posted:

20 years ago I was out in the garden with my digital camera taking pictures of flowers and insects 'cause I love bugs. A little bee was buzzing around doing what bees do so I took a photo. I really liked it, so I showed my dad and he asked me to send it him so he could have it on his computer. Anyway, a few days later, he asks me to come downstairs because he's got something for me and it turns out he got the media people at his job to print out a big high quality version of this photo and he had it framed. He asked if he could hang it up in his room and it stayed there until he passed away, ever since then it's been hanging up in my bedroom.

The flower it had landed on was one of dozens it could have chosen. That bee did not know its photo had been taken and my interest in it did not matter to its existence. I don't know where that bee went or how long it survived for afterwards. It merely did what it was supposed to do and then carried on and I thought it was beautiful.

20 years is an unthinkable span of time for a worker bee whose lives are measured in weeks at best and for the flower who, come the end of summer, would have also done its job and withered away to nothing. It has not yet been 10 years since I lost my dad, but that simple act of him printing that picture is one of my fondest memories. In that thin rectangle of wood and paper and glass is a memory inside a memory of things that lived in this world, lived their little lives exactly as they wanted to and somehow formed this little monument to love that I have carried with me for what is now the majority of my life. My dad, the bee, the flower and me - tiny elements of reality that bring me back from some of my darkest moments when I think about just how wonderfully they all came together.

If that bee is so great how many Twitter followers does it have HMMMMM?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

The Pirate Captain posted:

If that bee is so great how many Twitter followers does it have HMMMMM?

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Sankis posted:

Remember when she started dating Elon and was suddenly anti tesla unions.

One of the funniest Elon-or-Elon-adjacent things ever was when Grimes claimed that she was going to help Tesla workers unionize but she checked and they all said they weren’t interested. Some journalist on Twitter was like, “I can’t believe I’m even asking this, but if you work at the Tesla factory and Grimes tried to help you form a union, PLEASE CONTACT ME.”

And, uh, somehow that claim was never verified.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This blue carpenter bee I saw has more personality in it's knee than Elon Musk will ever have.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Ok, now we're gonna talk about Magic: the Gathering.

Talk about Magic: The Gathering.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

never got into magic, more of a polytopia player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Mr Scumbag posted:

Ok, now we're gonna talk about Magic: the Gathering.

Talk about Magic: The Gathering.

Okay.

I think it's hosed up that just as I got back into it, they completely drop the ball. They introduce like a dozen new sets a year, several THOUSAND cards a year, and they're all loving cross-promotion adverts now. Here's my new commander deck, it has one of the Dr. Who Doctors as the commander and he partners with Optimus Prime because it gives me great synergy with my Ultramarines cards. I was literally joking with a friend "oh man I'm so excited for them to announce a Dr. Who set" and they were like "did you not see the news they are announcing one" and I'm so mad. I just wanted to play slivers. Now we're seeing incredibly ridiculous power creeps and I'm having to learn a thousand new cards and it's so exhausting. And it's all so arbitrarily expensive and it's exhausting.

They made a single One Ring card and released it to the wild to stoke the flames of greed just like the actual one ring. Absolutely amazing diegetic integration of the theme of the One Ring into the real world with its real world equivalent.

It's like corporations are run on this idea of infinite growth because they're meat-based AI programs, and the only relief we have from meat-based AI corporations making insane decisions based on "this trended well, therefore it must work well forever, do this and more" and the only person fighting against that is GREAT MAGIC HERO ELON MUSK, who has broken free of the era of corporations making decisions based on "someone else did this and it worked, duplicate it forever" and instead we have ketamine fueled mid-life crises back to back to back, truly we shall be saved from the woke mind virus of all these NPCs doing pathetic NPC things like uh attempting to identify themselves however they want without regard for how societys' scripts tell them they are supposed to. Those npcs are such sheep for not obeying what society says they're supposed to do haha.

Anyway I want an Elon Musk MTG crossover set and we live in a timeline where we might see it.