Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

plus azerbajani grandma teaches you the jiz byz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ObK04baZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

"why is a pyf mod and a sad ik convening? For what reason could they be talking to each other? Clearly this is a conspiracy orchestrated by rhino with all the posters I dislike, and rhino is absolutely going to destroy the mods by asking Roth to perma a known entity."

It took hours before an admin told him he was being ridiculous and he was still very huffy about it. It was written like a major expose on me

This is why Cinci was acting like that? fuckin lmao

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Boba Pearl posted:

Update on stalker, my website was DDOS'd for a week, amazon sent me a huge rear end bill and now we're on a better host, with more poo poo, and my site is faster and better than ever. I am unphased, and when I made the news public I got a huge influx of cash that made me more money then the ddos cost me.

Good for you, what a shitheel

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Not really a cooking video but I've been obsessed with this dude pulling out all his editing skills into videos about him eating a burger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDuITB5mDKk

Glad to see more people discovering Joe. His engineer-brained approach to fast food and the editing are both equal parts bewildering/genius.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fajita Queen posted:

I think he has always been like that, there was one time I asked him what he meant about some post he wrote, he answered, "look, as I have repeatedly explained which you do not seem to want to take the effort to comprehend, what I intend is" and then it's a bunch of word salad that made even less sense to me

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
what posting in DND does to a mf

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Pedantophile

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

I may be mistaken but csz was made mod because when he was ik he was very good at scheduling probations on people to fit their time zones so they couldn't post when they were awake
lol

I think he has always been like that, there was one time I asked him what he meant about some post he wrote, he answered, "look, as I have repeatedly explained which you do not seem to want to take the effort to comprehend, what I intend is" and then it's a bunch of word salad that made even less sense to me
i like czs but he is eastern european

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I still don't quite understand the point he claimed he was making by posting that list of people with the most SAD posts.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

I may be mistaken but csz was made mod because when he was ik he was very good at scheduling probations on people to fit their time zones so they couldn't post when they were awake

lol that guy def. had more xls than be let on

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i thinks csz suffered from a combination of english as a second language and yospos and dnd brain poison... hate to see it

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

it is kind of stressful to live in that part of the world right now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i still am not sure if D&D exclusively mods insane people, or if modding D&D makes you go insane

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i still am not sure if D&D exclusively mods insane people, or if modding D&D makes you go insane

imagine the type of person who would have a posting footprint in D&D large enough to be considered a candidate for modship

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I’m curious, what’s good about Quantum Break?

I mean I basically love all of it, uhh lemme try and do a quick list of some off the top of my head:
- It's a Remedy game.

- It's the engine and story done right before Control and it shows, there's a lot of really awesome and fun time stop powers you use to take on hordes of enemies in a way that feels extremely satisfying, and a whole lot of themes and styles in the world and storytelling. It's also very distinct and it's own thing though not just 'control but before they did control', remedy always does really good different genre stabs imo.

- The progression from normal schlub heading back home to deal with your rear end in a top hat brother to timepower god feels satisfying and nicely paced

- This is a weird thing to call out but it has a big impact, they do a good job of making the levels feel like complete real world buildings or spaces you're in, the levels and world you're moving through feels extremely grounded in contrast to the absurd poo poo going on in it. Also means the transition from platforming/exploring into combat and out hits harder.

- Story feels like a good budget well written sci-fi channel tv show, has a great cast (Shawn Ashmore, Aidan Gillen, Lance Reddick, Dominic Monaghan, Courtney Hope [she's jesse faden in control too] several other good actresses who I don't recognize from other things)

- The thing people gave it a bunch of poo poo over at launch, its live action sci-fi tv show cutscenes between chapters actually kick rear end (TBF people were mad becuase it's like 40-60 gigs of video or something so it's understandable). This could be a list itself, some of it's gimmicky but it's all fun and time travel trope-y, your choices in chapters change details of the videos and then in the middle of them it goes to game mode and you take over the antagonist and make a choice as them that impacts enemy behavior going forward, more good-scifi-channel style stuff going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruY1eT9bXiw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyNYbVPSs38

surc fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 2, 2023

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

NoiseAnnoys posted:

plus azerbajani grandma teaches you the jiz byz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9ObK04baZE

never have i wanted a plate of beef offal fried in sheeps fat more

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

never have i wanted a plate of beef offal fried in sheeps fat more

i love that she cooks with a cleaver that looks like a diablo weapon.

also, all of their cabin videos are great. but some of the other ones are just badass. i think this was the first one i got into:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpfYDzOm6us

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

In csz's case it definitely felt like the latter. He got ik'd in the first place because he was pretty good at being reasonable and not assuming the worst about people he disagreed with, but his personality changed the second he got the ik star.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

In csz's case it definitely felt like the latter. He got ik'd in the first place because he was pretty good at being reasonable and not assuming the worst about people he disagreed with, but his personality changed the second he got the ik star.

I did like his actual posting sometimes - he was Latvian and so he once did a huge effortpost on the political parties in Latvia and patiently explained in great detail how each and every one of them was hosed

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

There are some people who cannot be trusted with literally the slightest amount of power.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

Update on stalker, my website was DDOS'd for a week, amazon sent me a huge rear end bill and now we're on a better host, with more poo poo, and my site is faster and better than ever. I am unphased, and when I made the news public I got a huge influx of cash that made me more money then the ddos cost me.

gently caress that guy, keep doing what you're doing

lmao

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's also some people who seem to have been taught or learned wrong about basic communication, and often rely on unspoken assumptions that they believe everyone else has, and are very much mistaken. It can be very often a schizophrenia thing but I don't think it's necessarily exclusive to that.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i love that she cooks with a cleaver that looks like a diablo weapon.

also, all of their cabin videos are great. but some of the other ones are just badass. i think this was the first one i got into:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpfYDzOm6us

tall chopping-oriented vegetable knives look extremely cool and theyre fun to use

here's one i got from a mom and pop vietnamese forge via chefknivestogo and it hasnt given me tetanus yet despite appearances

the more conventional style is the "chinese cleaver"/菜刀 (cck makes a good one) but it looks even less like somethign mephisto dropped sadly

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's also some people who seem to have been taught or learned wrong about basic communication, and often rely on unspoken assumptions that they believe everyone else has, and are very much mistaken. It can be very often a schizophrenia thing but I don't think it's necessarily exclusive to that.

a deficient theory of mind (not being able to imagine what other people are thinking or feeling and why) is a very common symptom of autism lol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think cinci started out a good kind of insane but being a moderator made him a less good kind of insane. im the kijnd of person who thinks "made the d&d ukraine thread kinda readable" is a point in his favor however

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ah well

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ohtori Akio posted:

i think cinci started out a good kind of insane but being a moderator made him a less good kind of insane. im the kijnd of person who thinks "made the d&d ukraine thread kinda readable" is a point in his favor however

This is the heart of the Dungeons and Debates moderator curse, IMO. He did a good job keeping the thread on the war readable, but it also really amplified the mentality of mods vs. posters, and combine that with an engineer mind-set and well, it's making quantified lists of posting to prove a point no one else understands

I have no theories on the rather wild flaming out post, though

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I finished the campaign on mechwarrior 5. It was fun, the repair bays were super useful in the last mission to switch to my lance's damaged mechs to repair.

Just a shame the way the game is set up that tonnage = difficulty. It'd be nice to run around in mediums/heavies but late game you need the survivability of assaults because there's so many enemies to fight and you're only one lance

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

surc posted:

I mean I basically love all of it, uhh lemme try and do a quick list of some off the top of my head:
- It's a Remedy game.

- It's the engine and story done right before Control and it shows, there's a lot of really awesome and fun time stop powers you use to take on hordes of enemies in a way that feels extremely satisfying, and a whole lot of themes and styles in the world and storytelling. It's also very distinct and it's own thing though not just 'control but before they did control', remedy always does really good different genre stabs imo.

- The progression from normal schlub heading back home to deal with your rear end in a top hat brother to timepower god feels satisfying and nicely paced

- This is a weird thing to call out but it has a big impact, they do a good job of making the levels feel like complete real world buildings or spaces you're in, the levels and world you're moving through feels extremely grounded in contrast to the absurd poo poo going on in it. Also means the transition from platforming/exploring into combat and out hits harder.

- Story feels like a good budget well written sci-fi channel tv show, has a great cast (Shawn Ashmore, Aidan Gillen, Lance Reddick, Dominic Monaghan, Courtney Hope [she's jesse faden in control too] several other good actresses who I don't recognize from other things)

- The thing people gave it a bunch of poo poo over at launch, its live action sci-fi tv show cutscenes between chapters actually kick rear end (TBF people were mad becuase it's like 40-60 gigs of video or something so it's understandable). This could be a list itself, some of it's gimmicky but it's all fun and time travel trope-y, your choices in chapters change details of the videos and then in the middle of them it goes to game mode and you take over the antagonist and make a choice as them that impacts enemy behavior going forward, more good-scifi-channel style stuff going on

Hell yeah! I downloaded it.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ilmucche posted:

I finished the campaign on mechwarrior 5. It was fun, the repair bays were super useful in the last mission to switch to my lance's damaged mechs to repair.

Just a shame the way the game is set up that tonnage = difficulty. It'd be nice to run around in mediums/heavies but late game you need the survivability of assaults because there's so many enemies to fight and you're only one lance

i've been able to make it work with the lighter mechs like the locust with masc and running around max speed broadsiding legs and backs with lasers

but yeah kinda gimmicky and it does take awhile. dunno if 5 lets you do that (it worked in 4)

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Aug 2, 2023

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

his main quality was that he didn't care about blowback and had a decent sense for when to shut down pointless derails. he was then kept around way the gently caress past the point of burnout because someone able to spot and probate obvious trolls in a timely way was apparently an irreplaceable trait. I say this as someone who was generally at odds with him (apparently?)

my sense is that the whole focusing on war for a bunch of his waking life thing really started to take a toll and having to deal with d&d and mod forum drama on top of it was just utterly unsustainable. and we all know how that ended. the way that ended imo was utterly avoidable and it was extremely clear that he was hella burnt out months before the final flameout

Boba Pearl posted:

oh my god that's awful

#1 skill u need a d&d mod to have is a sixth sense for when someone just made a pot of coffee and is sitting down to spend the next 8 hours starting stupid fights. u avoid 99% of the bullshit if you just get that person in the first 15 minutes in vs trying to clean up the mess 2 days later

this, ofc, is why having mods who actually read and post in and are active in the forums they moderate is really important vs people who maybe look at the place once or twice a week (if even that a lot of the time).

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Aug 2, 2023

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I am a big time believer in mod rotation and, if you believe this website should include posting about the war, the primary moderator/ik of the space where that happens should rotate far more frequently than normal forums.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
for non stupid politics content, i like this guy's videos on cooking iranian food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmpKs1veNeE

e: i guess he blew up in the last year, he used to be like 1k subs. good for him

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

I am a big time believer in mod rotation and, if you believe this website should include posting about the war, the primary moderator/ik of the space where that happens should rotate far more frequently than normal forums.

it's called mod rotation because you turn them 360 degrees then walk away

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

for non stupid politics content, i like this guy's videos on cooking iranian food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmpKs1veNeE

e: i guess he blew up in the last year, he used to be like 1k subs. good for him

wanna hang with yousef and cook some dishes while we bump these jams:

https://www.mixcloud.com/TheVinylFactory/essential-iranian-funk-soul-disco-mix/

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
my big chicken cooking secret is that pesto + rice wine vinegar makes an excellent marinade

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Fajita Queen posted:

Cinci is the only rich Latvian and had far too much time on his hands because of it.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

so much drama on this site is caused by different people just communicating in different ways because we all come from different places, exacerbated by the fact none of us can see or hear each other. it's hell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

cross-cultural disagreements are hard enough to negotiate irl when at least you can see how angry the other person is, multiplied a thousand times online where you don't realise someone's even got a problem until suddenly they lose their poo poo