Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I've never understood the Jane Thor in Negative decks. I mean sure you pop off like crazy sometimes, but isn't it the deadest of dead draws if your deck comes in the wrong order? Also, whenever an opponent goes Negative into Jane, I just retreat so you're never getting any cubes anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devo posted:

I've never understood the Jane Thor in Negative decks. I mean sure you pop off like crazy sometimes, but isn't it the deadest of dead draws if your deck comes in the wrong order?

It is, but by the time you play Negative you have usually drawn at least 7 out of 12 cards. Overall the odds favour Jane being in hand before you flip the deck.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Devo posted:

I just got completely bodied by this deck in the 3rd round of infinite conquest and I don't know how to feel now

I'm pretty sure I played that exact deck in conquest yesterday. I can't remember if I won in the end, but I was surprised by how tough of a fight it gave after the first two cards I saw were Uatu and Medusa.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Devo posted:

I've never understood the Jane Thor in Negative decks. I mean sure you pop off like crazy sometimes, but isn't it the deadest of dead draws if your deck comes in the wrong order? Also, whenever an opponent goes Negative into Jane, I just retreat so you're never getting any cubes anyway.

People don't get super strategic with retreats unless they're close to Infinite on the ladder, I've found. In Proving Grounds/Silver/Gold conquest, people just assume they can gamble and just try again next round. That's my experience, anyway.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Devo posted:

I am anti-Jane in my deck purely because, by the time I get to play her, I probably still have 5 or 6 cards in my hand - getting one or maybe two extra pulls doesn't always do me a ton of good, particularly considering the risk of not getting her in-hand before dropping Mr Negative. Just feels incredibly inconsistent to me.

A Long Way Down
Jul 14, 2009

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise

Grimey Drawer

Hobo Clown posted:

This is my Thanos Destroy deck. It's not a consistent winner, but it's fun to play. The Infinity Stones are mostly there to get killed and get Death out early. Thanos almost never gets on the board.

(Open to efficiency suggestions if anyone has them)

Took this out for a spin, it was a ton of fun. I think I’ll try swapping Bucky for Nimrod as suggested upthread.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Red posted:

People don't get super strategic with retreats unless they're close to Infinite on the ladder, I've found. In Proving Grounds/Silver/Gold conquest, people just assume they can gamble and just try again next round. That's my experience, anyway.

I won my first two Infinite Conquest matches on the first round, we both 8 cube snapped and they retreated after losing both times. The next two matches were much more reserved and I lost my 4th match due to Great Web

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

A Long Way Down posted:

Took this out for a spin, it was a ton of fun. I think I’ll try swapping Bucky for Nimrod as suggested upthread.

Yeah, I swapped them as well and have had mild success with it.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Hobo Clown posted:

This is my Thanos Destroy deck. It's not a consistent winner, but it's fun to play. The Infinity Stones are mostly there to get killed and get Death out early. Thanos almost never gets on the board.

(Open to efficiency suggestions if anyone has them)

Been playing a lot of destroy lately so I'll give this a shot, should be an easy transition. Thanks!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Concurred posted:

I won my first two Infinite Conquest matches on the first round, we both 8 cube snapped and they retreated after losing both times. The next two matches were much more reserved and I lost my 4th match due to Great Web

I farmed up like 8 Infinity tickets and have lost round 1 on 3 so far.. I don't know what to try but none of my old tricks are working.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Got a What just happened? from my opponent after I put Ultron behind invis woman and the game ended with a full rickety bridge.

Seeing people learn the subtleties in this dumb game will never get old

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Got it on my first ticket of the week. Nothing fancy here; it’s the verbatim top tier Marvel Snap Zone control Thanos deck (unless they’ve changed it in the past few days). Get Psylocke or Time Stone down on three and X a lane, then win one of the other two.

The best part of the run was that my game 5 was a near mirror match (but they were running Daredevil) and in the very last match they .. T1 Reality Stoned a who cares neutral location into The Bar With No Name.

Nikumatic fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 1, 2023

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009

Devo posted:

Some people don't pay attention to hand size and others think that their own deck popping off "big" numbers will be good enough. My deck is named "That's Not a Knife" for a reason. :clint:

Edit: it's only really awful if it hits negative. When you have a hand full of free cards an 8 power body to iron man can be nice on its own.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There’s a new patch out but I don’t know if it’s a fix for the spotlight caches or what

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

FlamingLiberal posted:

There’s a new patch out but I don’t know if it’s a fix for the spotlight caches or what

No that was like a week ago.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It’s a new one, I check for updates regularly

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s a new one, I check for updates regularly

Yeah the patch is new. But it's not the one for the caches.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Weird. Same patch notes as last patch. They said that the cache token fix was a hotfix which seems to mean something different from a patch. But I don’t know how. Maybe this is just basking in the hotfix?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope they get rid of the conquest won/lost animations eventually

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Yeah the 'Conquest Incomplete' screen is awful. I know it's incomplete! I saw my little avatar explode!

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

doingitwrong posted:

It was much easier to hit Infinite this season than last time I managed it. The new system is so much more forgiving. This is the deck that got me there, thanks to opening Living Tribunal in a spotlight cache.

For a dumb combo deck this is surprisingly resilient. You can win with Invisible Woman/MODOK/Hela. Or Tribunal/Iron Man/Onslaught. Magick, Jubilee & Iron Lad buy you extra draws. Since you have a lot of ways to surprise win (Cosmo on Invisible Woman Lane doesn’t help them if you have the big Ongoings tucked back there, Iron Lad or Jubilee can find you a buried Hela, etc) this is a great deck for snapping and gaining cubes.

Running this with Absorbing Man since I don't have Lad and it's pretty fun when it pops. Definitely got some surprise (including to myself) wins .

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

bowmore posted:

I hope they get rid of the conquest won/lost animations eventually

victorious posted:

Yeah the 'Conquest Incomplete' screen is awful. I know it's incomplete! I saw my little avatar explode!

I think that someone said in the super secret streamer dev discord that they're changing this at the next patch.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Drew Thanos from my 2nd spotlight this week, so I probably won't earn enough before the reset for Mirage.

Destroying Galactus players' hopes and dreams when they think they've got a gimme location for T6 never gets old. Having a base 1 power Knull helps too.

Just a few more matches to finish my Infinity Conquest.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Just fyi for anybody who plays Black Bolt/Stature vs. Sera Control: always play Black Bolt on turn 5 if they've been playing Kitty and you have priority, it will discard from their hand before Sera takes effect.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

What would y'all consider to be the most consistent, least RNG dependent deck in the game right now?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Cabbit posted:

What would y'all consider to be the most consistent, least RNG dependent deck in the game right now?

The answer to this question is always some form of Sera. Sera Monkey, Sera Surfer, Sera Control, just pick your flavor.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What is a good Sera deck? I've had her for a while but all the decks I've seen for her require cards I don't have. there has to be something out there that tier lynchpin isn't some card that was only available in the season pass 3 months ago.

I'm still wrecking poo poo with my HE deck, except for the match today were the board was Deaths Domain, Avengers Mansion and Sanctrum Sanctorum. Yea, I literally can only play in one location, and my opponent, who is playing what i assume is a sacrifice/destroy deck because the only card they put down was Deadpool before i retreated out of there. Maybe I would of stayed if I had Magik in my opening hand because then i know i could have gotten rid of deaths domain but there was no guarantee, and last time i faced that combot, the deadpool was 40+ power.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 2, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

If you were around when they gave away Kitty, this deck is free. Probably not the best Sera deck, but it has all of the tools to annoy your opponents.
e: if you have Hit Monkey, then Armor and Lizard out, Hit Monkey and Mysterio in.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Devo fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 2, 2023

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

twistedmentat posted:

What is a good Sera deck? I've had her for a while but all the decks I've seen for her require cards I don't have. there has to be something out there that tier lynchpin isn't some card that was only available in the season pass 3 months ago.

On the off chance you have Surfer I've used this deck as my main with modifications here and there since his pass came out. It's gotten me a lot of sneaky 4 cube t6 wins but mostly I still have fun with it which is more important.

If not, going off s3 stuff, maybe a Sera Patriot build?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Devo posted:

If you were around when they gave away Kitty, this deck is free. Probably not the best Sera deck, but it has all of the tools to annoy your opponents.

Oh thats pefect, and yea I have Kitty.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Cabbit posted:

Consider a destruction deck if you have Knull. It's still good without him, but the matchmaking likes to put you up against players running similar deck archetypes, and it's painful trying to win a destroy mirror match if your opponent has Knull and you don't.

Cerebro 2 is also in a good place now, since it can run a bunch of useful cards that it couldn't a few months ago, and all its bread-and-butter cards are in series 3.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

gtrmp posted:

, but the matchmaking likes to put you up against players running similar deck archetypes,

??

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Mr Negative chat:

My deck before Darkhawk was:
Bast
Sunspot (great if he gets begged or if you can just hit him with Bast)
Psylocke
Ironheart
Morph
Shuri
Mr Negative
Shang Chi
Iron Man
White Tiger
Devil Dinosaur
And someone I'm forgetting

I've since added in Darkhawk and Taskmaster on the thread advice, and Jeff. White Tiger, DD and the forgotten card out. Perfect opening hand is Bast, Sunspot, Psylocke and Mr Negative. Bast > Psy > Negative and then Sunspot is ready to go when I have a spare energy. Negative Shuri into Negative Iron Man is incredibly sweet.

Unfortunately I have strayed from the Negative path recently because I'm doing a lot of conquest to clear missions and get stuff from the conquest shop. People love playing HEvo there so using my 'gently caress HEvo' deck:
# (1) Elektra
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Colossus
# (3) Morph
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) White Queen
# (5) Klaw
# (6) Spectrum

It also worked to crush a Destroy player earlier, Cosmo stopped their Deathlok going off on a full stack and I Shang-Chi'd a full bellied Venom. Also using this deck to clear 6-cost challenges since I have none in the Negative deck.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Cabbit posted:

Zabu Darkhawk paired with any other solid cards package. Blackbolt/stature, ironlad/Doom ect...

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I like playing Darkhawk but literally every deck runs Shang-Chi now and that makes it almost unplayable

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cabbit posted:

Thanos Ongoing for me. Has a good variety of win conditions

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It astounds me that I can play multiple games with a Thanos deck and not see a single loving stone until round 4.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You pretty much can't run a conquest deck without shang chi and/or enchantress unless you have the bigger badder combo that will die to shang chi/enchantress

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Going above and beyond on the Season Pass feels horrible sometimes. I just got 2 ranks for 50 whole credits and 10 Human Torch boosters. loving yay.

I have some wins on an Infinite ticket though, so yay. Doubt I'll climb to the top but its progress! Using that Thanos Death deck someone posted, it won against Thanos Control. I think I would have won earlier but I loving botched a Round 5 after I set my phone down and picked it back up and my thumb grazed the End Turn button without me having made a play, so I had to retreat. That was a gut punch.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I played that anti HE deck for 7 games in a row without hitting HE then lost to the first one I ran into thanks for reading