Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah. But never in any capacity that would suggest he was on the payroll for the CIA. Just as a flunky for BM. He did admit to doing some light police informant work a while back tho, so lmao good anarkiddie

He’s a useful idiot and not an op, imo

no he's definitely an op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
there's no question lol

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

He did admit to doing some light police informant work a while back tho

this is grade A anarchist cred right here

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol.

well, it's probably fair to say he's such a useful idiot that there's not much meaningful distinction between him and an op

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

lived in a squat? rode a freight train? got a 00 gauge septum piercing? interned with the state department for a year? describe yourself as a trickster?

while you were playing at anarchism I put it into practice by being a police spy

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
the CIA paid Robert Evans' :10bux: to register on SA. twice

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Evans podcasts are almost all focused on the culture war (four part episode on DeSantis' campaign), supporting NATO (Wagner in Africa) or idealistic anarchism that won't go anywhere outside the audience's bedroom or squat (covering Cop City, etc)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

one of the key insights from ghost stories for the end of the world is imo that the edges of spy-world are extremely diffuse

at the core, you have the people Actually Employed by intelligence, who go to work at Langley or similar and get their paycheque officially from the agency. one step out from these people, however, you immediately get a process of dilution; these guys might be handling unwitting catspaws, running front organisations where most of the people involved don't know they're a front organisation, as well as running people who are self-conscious informants or agents. sometimes, there is not clear formal link between espionage-world and the front organisation, as is deliberately the case with e.g. the NED, though such organisations are almost certainly deeply penetrated by the CIA, and even if they're not they're working towards the same goals as determined via "legitimate" channels anyway. out from those people again, they will often set up their own organisations and do their own activities using resources from the intelligence front - at this stage, it's not really fair to call them "an op", but they're clearly acting in the agency's objective interests regardless of what they themselves know or suspect.

to put it this way: the big US tech companies are 100% shot through with US spies. this is likely not because sergey brin was self-consciously working with or for the CIA all along, but because google has no clear reason to resist such infiltration and a lot of reason to play along (they get big benefits from this arrangement as well - often the Agency will pay their guy's salary - and resisting would take up a lot of resources and alienate the extremely powerful security state if even possible).

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Looks like Caitlyn Jenner may be going on the Red Scare podcast

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

HashtagGirlboss posted:

There’s no way Evans is actually CIA payroll, he’s just a cringe clout chasing anarkiddie and conflict tourist who earnestly believes that NATO is a force for good in the world but only when Obama or Biden are doing the immiseration. He’s also a really bad researcher unless you like listening to summaries of the one book he read based on the Wikipedia article

pretty sure he's on the payroll

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

tristeham posted:

The whole point of the NED is that they don't have to fund those people directly, though.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Robert Evans and Vaush are the two internet "Leftists" that are 100% Ops on the payroll directly

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

tristeham posted:

its this

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The real-deal Intelligence Officer that I was dating for a while is also a somewhere prominent Influencer and I could never quite figure out if that was her Striver Theatre Kid hobby, or part of her job.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Podcaster Baru Comorant

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

V. Illych L. posted:

to put it this way: the big US tech companies are 100% shot through with US spies. this is likely not because sergey brin was self-consciously working with or for the CIA all along

ackshually

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

genericnick posted:

The whole point of the NED is that they don't have to fund those people directly, though.

They have even said so openly lol.

If you think his NED ties are vague, he created a media company using an internet meme with a clearchannel exec.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They have even said so openly lol.

If you think his NED ties are vague, he created a media company using an internet meme with a clearchannel exec.

I meant "they" as "the CIA", sorry.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i work for the cia

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cool zone media

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

The real-deal Intelligence Officer that I was dating for a while is also a somewhere prominent Influencer and I could never quite figure out if that was her Striver Theatre Kid hobby, or part of her job.

If you do what you love, you'll never work a day in your life

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i know CIA agents are stupid but i kinda wonder if the Behind the Bastards guy might be too stupid even for them

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i could see him being one of those ops who doesn't know he's an op though and gets manipulated into it by just being extremely credulous

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i know CIA agents are stupid but i kinda wonder if the Behind the Bastards guy might be too stupid even for them

Hes an anarchist so yeah hes pretty stupid.

Hell I remember when he had that what a modern American Civil War would look like podcast that was popular on here for a while too, that while loving thing boiled down to actuallybthe status quo is good and we need to bring down the temperature since theres no way for the Left to win

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Frosted Flake posted:

Why not both?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

the totally real deal intelligence officer i was dating for a while

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

podcasts more like poopcasts

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I only listen to podcasts while pooping, and today I expect to get through the latest season of blowback

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

the totally real deal intelligence officer i was dating for a while

it's the canadian version of a girlfriend in canada

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

lol you dated a fed what is wrong with you

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

E1 has a Patreon poll for what episode should get a sequel, and one of the options is The Senate Subcommittee Hearing on Boyfriend Misconduct

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

piss guzzler 420 posted:

Hes literally a Canadian Fed

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

piss guzzler 420 posted:

The heart wants what the heart wants.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Amazed to find a goon dated contrapoints itt

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

"Behind the Bastards"

"Bastards" = CIA

"Behind" = supporting (as in "I'm behind Joe Biden all the way!")

"Supporting the CIA" !!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah everyone makes good points, I just have a hard time seeing him as smart or important enough to matter in the grand scheme of things to be more than a several layers removed useful idiot, but also I don’t know for sure

Bottom line is he definitely sheepdogs energy into a weird worthless anarchist kind of worldview that doesn’t threaten power and somehow draws a line between good intervention and bad intervention and all the while making fat stacks for I heart radio née clear channel

Ytlaya posted:

"Behind the Bastards"

"Bastards" = CIA

"Behind" = supporting (as in "I'm behind Joe Biden all the way!")

"Supporting the CIA" !!

Lmao how did I miss this. It was right there in front of me this whole time

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
Behind the Bastards, QAA, and Knowledge Fight are all the same thing: good concepts that should be good shows but suck due to bad hosts

E: my intro to BtB was the Steven Segal eps with Seanbaby which at least had me find out that the dude I thought was hilarious in junior high is still funny and on the good side of things

Whoolighams has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Aug 2, 2023

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yeah everyone makes good points, I just have a hard time seeing him as smart or important enough to matter in the grand scheme of things to be more than a several layers removed useful idiot, but also I don’t know for sure

Bottom line is he definitely sheepdogs energy into a weird worthless anarchist kind of worldview that doesn’t threaten power and somehow draws a line between good intervention and bad intervention and all the while making fat stacks for I heart radio née clear channel

Lmao how did I miss this. It was right there in front of me this whole time

cia connections are by default Nothingburgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

not having cia connections just means you're socially unimportant. smh get some better friends yall