Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

biosterous posted:

i can't think of a good edit to do for the "i'm a genius / oh no!" meme for preston. my subconscious is insisting there's a good joke there, somewhere, but won't let me actually find it

preston sowing/preston reaping meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Bloody Pom posted:

Reading that ejection failure just got me thinking about Blood On The Risers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18

I feel like some permutation of this song almost certainly managed to survive until the 31st century.

There was blood upon the console, there were brains on the transpex.
Intestines were a-dangling from his shredded cooling vest.
He was a mess, they mopped him up and hosed him from the 'pit.
And he ain't gonna drop no more.

Gory, gory what a hellova way to die!
And he ain't gonna drop no more!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

Reading that ejection failure just got me thinking about Blood On The Risers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWgsdexkv18

I feel like some permutation of this song almost certainly managed to survive until the 31st century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KB8f3Oprms

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Space Kablooey posted:

preston sowing/preston reaping meme

Lasers ate my face

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

biosterous posted:

i can't think of a good edit to do for the "i'm a genius / oh no!" meme for preston. my subconscious is insisting there's a good joke there, somewhere, but won't let me actually find it

He just wanted to tell you about another settlement

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I love how quirky quadmechs are, but man, not being able to torso-twist is just the worst possible drawback.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Scintilla posted:

I love how quirky quadmechs are, but man, not being able to torso-twist is just the worst possible drawback.

This is why the Extended Torso Twist and Directional Torso Mount quirks are so important to Quads. Sadly, Quads with those quirks won't exist for another 30-ish years

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Scintilla posted:

There's a reason they killed the "No Torso Twist" negative quirk, too. Not being able to torso twist is just hugely punishing.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Scintilla posted:

As the hunchback with open armor running in to SRM range, I approve of the inability for quads to torso twist!!!!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
The Goblin is also getting bullied pretty badly. Missile weapons tend to eat vehicles alive, especially when you roll well on the cluster table.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

There's also the Battlemech turret, which while limiting available crit space does give Quadmechs a 360 degree firing arc for weapons mounted in the same torso as the mechanism.

Thankfully it doesn't show up very often.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The iHGRhests have them. But that's because they're the best quads there are.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
What if Urbie, but quadromech?

(I guess that's the "mech turret")

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Kesper North posted:

What if Urbie, but quadromech?

(I guess that's the "mech turret")

I can't imagine this anything other than an Urbie skittering up a wall when you turn on the lights, like a 30 ton daddy long legs

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Breadmaster posted:

I can't imagine this anything other than an Urbie skittering up a wall when you turn on the lights, like a 30 ton daddy long legs

:gonk:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Breadmaster posted:

An Urbie riding a quad, cowboy-style.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Preston’s Last Stand: Turn 14

“Well done, chaps. We’re nearly done. Let’s knuckle down and bring it home.” Roger said. He turned his Warhammer to face the last real threat the pirates had to offer, the Scorpion, and raked it with his mech’s secondary lasers. The flashing red beams speared the quad mech’s spindly legs, boiling away most of their armour and leaving them even more skeletal than before. Roger aimed a kick at the Scorpion’s right hind leg, but the mech scuttled away before it could land.

“Oh, come on!” Archibald groused as the Scorpion scampered off into the cloud of woodsmoke produced by the northern forest fire. “Why’s he being so stubborn? He’s gotta know it’s all over!”

“Stay calm, Hardlock. We’ll get him sooner or later.” Roger brought his Warhammer around, its sensors struggling to identify the Scorpion’s silhouette within the smoke. The quad was fast and manoeuvrable, but its massive engine left it under-armoured for a mech of its weight class. Even with their own battle damage, Roger was confident that Sterling Lance would quickly win a battle of attrition. The Scorpion pilot obviously knew it too, hence his using the smoke as cover.

“I’ve crippled the Goblin!” Stephanie announced suddenly. “I’m overheating, but I should be able to finish it off on my own.”

Roger smiled at the note of pride in her voice. Stephanie was young, and hadn’t quite settled in with the rest of the lance, but she had handled herself well today. He made a mental note to congratulate her personally once the battle was over.

“Good job, Overwatch. Join up with us once you’ve tidied up the southern flank. We’ve got a couple of stragglers up here, and your missiles would be much appreciated.”

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 2: Misses!
-Fires Large Laser at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 11: Hits Front Left Leg! Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) takes 8 damage to Front Left Leg, 2/10 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Rear Right Leg! Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Rear Right Leg, 5/10 Armour remaining.
-Fires Medium Laser at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Small Laser at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 9: Hits Front Right Leg! Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) takes 3 damage to Front Right Leg, 3/10 Armour remaining.
-Fires Small Laser at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 3: Misses!

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4G (Player):
-Fires AC/20 at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Rear Right Leg! Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Rear Right Leg, 0/10 Armour remaining.

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player):
-Fires LRM-15 at Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 11: 12 Missiles Hit! Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Right Side (19/24 Armour remaining (CfMSD!)), Right Side (14/24 Armour remaining (Critical Chance!)), and 2 damage to Right Side (12/24 Armour remaining).
--Chance for Motive System Damage! Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1MP.
--Critical Chance! One Critical Hit sustained. Crew stunned!
-Fires LRM-15 at Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 8: 15 Missiles Hit! Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Right Side (7/24 Armour remaining (Critical Chance!)), Rear (5/20 Armour remaining (CfMSD!)), Right Side (2/24 Armour remaining).
--Chance for Motive System Damage! Minor damage, +1 to driving skill rolls.
--Critical Chance! No critical hits sustained.

--

Weapons fire for Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers):
-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Fires Large Laser at Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player); needs 9, rolls 5: Misses!

Physical attacks for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Kicks Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 7, rolls 3: Misses!

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 18 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) gains 12 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 1 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 5 heat. Overheating!

Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) gains 10 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 0 heat.

--

Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) gains 2 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Piloting checks for Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers):
-Taken 20+ damage: Needs 5, rolls 6; Succeeds!

Piloting checks for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Missed a kick: Needs 5, rolls 6; Succeeds!

--

Fire spreads to Hex 2917!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants a bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.

Primary Objectives:
-Defeat Josiah Preston (1/1) Complete!
-Neutralise remaining Prowler forces (6/9)

Secondary Objectives:
-Secure the crash site without damaging the Eagle Standard (250,000 C-Bill Reward)

Next Orders Due: Saturday 5th 9:00PM GMT.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 2, 2023

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Blackjack

Even with the heat penalty, I think the Treb can close into short range on the Goblin for it's MLs and still be out of the Scorpion's LOS by going to 1719. Just needs to hold off on firing one ML to get full movement again next turn.

Re: the Scorpion, it looks like only the Warhammer can close to short range on it this turn. I could possibly run into the woods in 2613 for defensive purposes but that'll leave me with like 12s to hit either of the Mechs. I'll probably run to 2014 instead to help out the Treb and hopefully kill off the Goblin this turn. That should also position me to intercept the Scorpion if it runs south next turn.

Scintilla, a couple of LOS questions:
1. Does the Scorpion get a +1 to hit me because of the woods in 1913?
2. What total to-hit penalty is levied by trying to fire on the Stinger through the heavy smoke in 1608?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

anakha posted:

Scintilla, a couple of LOS questions:
1. Does the Scorpion get a +1 to hit me because of the woods in 1913?
2. What total to-hit penalty is levied by trying to fire on the Stinger through the heavy smoke in 1608?

1. If you move to 2014, the Scorpion will receive a +1 penalty due to the light woods in Hex 1913.
2. Heavy smoke behaves like heavy woods for LOS purposes, so I don't think anyone on the player side has LOS to the Stinger.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Warhammer

Alright, well, time to chase the bugs around with a newspaper. Heading to 2310 and firing on the Scorpion.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Lemniscate Blue posted:

An Urbie riding a quad, cowboy-style.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

:bisonyes:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

just noticed how much players/the dice hate the right side of tanks. left side is cool, left side gets a pass, right side can eat poo poo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Thank you for realizing my dream.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Time to update mekhq with all the Urbpocalypse variants from RT

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
There's already an Urbanmech LAM. It's only natural that the Urbanmech Quadvee be next.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Is there an Urbanmech Superheavy yet?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

evilmiera posted:

The DevastatUrb

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Scintilla posted:

-Fires AC/20 at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 8, rolls 8: Hits Rear Right Leg! Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Rear Right Leg, 0/10 Armour remaining.

Something is a bit off here, methinks.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Koorisch posted:

Something is a bit off here, methinks.

Just a copy-paste error. Definitely not Preston possessing the Scorpion from beyond the grave.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Currently in prototype stage.

glwgameplayer
Nov 16, 2022
Trebuchet

Right now I'm just gonna try and finish the Goblin off and regain my full range of motion. We'll have to see where the enemy moves, but once I've cooled off a bit I'll be ready to contribute a volley of missiles.

Alternatively, as the fastest one here. I could try and go kick the Stinger's leg out from under it. Just for a little bit of extra salvage points

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
I'm still missing orders from one player. You have just under six hours left.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Might be our Hunchie since I haven't seen Gwaihir post since the last update.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Oh poo poo you're right

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Sent, I wasn't really planning on shooting anyone this turn, just moving up to cut off avenues of escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Preston’s Last Stand: Turn 15

A grim fatalism settled over Harathi Vraman as he watched the mercenaries close in. There was no hope of victory now. The damage to his Stinger’s hip had slowed his movement to a crawl, rendering him a sitting duck. The only reason he hadn’t already been shot out of his mech was because the mercenaries had bigger fish to fry down south. Now that they had eaten all the seafood, it was only a matter of time before one of them decided his Stinger would make a tasty desert.

“Goddammit, Vraman, give me cover!” Harris demanded over the comms. Vraman sighed and raised his Stinger’s right arm, using its Medium Laser to ignite the isolated patch of woodland that Harris’s Scorpion was heading towards. The smoke might buy him a few more seconds, but that was all. Preston had been the lynchpin of their survival, and their chances of victory had died with him. Now all they could do was rage against the dying of the light.

Weapons fire for Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player):
-Fires Large Laser at Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 6: Hits Front! Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers) takes 8 damage to Front, 22/30 Armour remaining.
-Fires Large Laser at Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 8: Hits Front! Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers) takes 8 damage to Front, 14/30 Armour remaining.

-Holds fire!

Weapons fire for Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player):
-Fires Medium Laser at Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 5: Misses!
-Fires Medium Laser at Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers); needs 6, rolls 7: Hits Right Side! Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers) takes 5 damage to Right Side, 0/24 Armour, 2/5 Structure remaining. Critical Chance x2!
--Critical Chance! One Critical Hit sustained. Crew stunned!
--Critical Chance! One Critical Hit sustained. Engine destroyed, vehicle immobilised!

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (Player):
-Fires PPC at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 11, rolls 7: Misses!
-Fires PPC at Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers); needs 11, rolls 11: Hits Left Torso! Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) takes 10 damage to Left Torso, 0/11 Armour, 9/13 Structure remaining. Critical Chance!
--Critical Chance in Left Torso! No critical hits sustained.

--

Weapons fire for Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers):
-Fires PPC at Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player); needs 10, rolls 8: Misses!

Weapons fire for Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers):
-Fires Medium Laser at Hex 1510 (Ignite): needs 1, rolls 7: Automatic Hit! Needs 7+ to ignite, rolls 7: Fire started in Hex 1510!

Weapons fire for Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers):
-Crew stunned, cannot fire!

No melee attacks this turn!

Blackjack BJ-1DB (Player) gains 18 heat, sinks 17 heat and is now at 4 heat.

Hunchback HBK-4G (Player) gains 2 heat, sinks 3 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Trebuchet TBT-5N (Player) gains 8 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 3 heat.

Warhammer WHM-6D (Player) gains 22 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 2 heat.

--

Scorpion SCP-1N (Prowlers) gains 12 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.

Stinger STG-3R (Prowlers) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.

Fire spreads to Hex 3014!
Fire spreads to Hex 3016!
Fire spreads to Hex 3017!

Goblin Medium Tank (Standard) (Prowlers) is crippled! Crew abandons vehicle!

Player Status

Enemy Status

Special Abilities:
-Toughness: Grants a bonus to consciousness rolls.
-Multi-Tasker: When splitting fire between multiple targets, secondary targeting penalties are reduced by 1.
-Hopping Jack: Pilot suffers a +2 penalty when firing after jumping instead of +3.

Primary Objectives:
-Defeat Josiah Preston (1/1) Complete!
-Neutralise remaining Prowler forces (7/9)

Secondary Objectives:
-Secure the crash site without damaging the Eagle Standard (250,000 C-Bill Reward)

Next Orders Due: Tuesday 8th 9:00PM GMT.