Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Just in time for the student loan re-start to crash the holiday shopping period and the economy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

"Hopefully we can avoid a repeat of the cryptomining-GPU situation."

sure

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I would like to see jamie dimon ⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️⬛️ on live tv

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They're right, I need to replace my blender (gently caress cuisinart)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

sleep with the vicious posted:

If i was a billionaire, I'd have a michelin chef prepare everything on demand, even if it was a deluxe version of a loving mcflurry or whatever. That's one of the worst things about our modern loser billionaires, they have no imagination and instead spend all their time posting on twitter or eating mcdonalds. They're unimaginably lame

Same. I’d be able to eat incredibly delicious meals prepared to my exact preferences and not only that I’d be able to have personal trainers come to my own personal gym on my exact schedule, which would be very open because I wouldn’t be working. And a consierge doctor that regularly monitored my health and identified any issues before they became problems.

Like there is zero reason for any billionaire not to be extremely fit and healthy other than laziness or legitimate bad genetic luck.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Red Baron posted:

lmao “pandemic savings”

i still have mine, its in my underground vault.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Not just that, why wouldn't you just consume calories that don't have all the salt, sugar, trans fats, cholesterol, etc? I always thought bulking on fast food was just the cheapest and fastest way to do it. Why, with unlimited money, would you put all that McD's crap into your body that will require correction at a later time when you don't have to?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

SourKraut posted:

Just in time for the student loan re-start to crash the holiday shopping period and the economy!

please consume more?? 🥺👉👈

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I invested my $600 in trump bux and I've been living off the returns as my only income source since 2020.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

If i was a billionaire, I'd have a michelin chef prepare everything on demand, even if it was a deluxe version of a loving mcflurry or whatever. That's one of the worst things about our modern loser billionaires, they have no imagination and instead spend all their time posting on twitter or eating mcdonalds. They're unimaginably lame

I was going to argue that at least we got Modernist out of it, but gently caress, that was the last generation of plutocrats

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

webcams for christ posted:

I think their obsession with gaming Forbes/Bloomberg/etc wealth indexes forces them to spend most of their wealth on assets, rather than services

also net worth lists are infamously unreliable before you even get to the kind of tax dodging practices described in the panama papers. and I imagine tax evasion severely undermines one's ability to spend money freely within the US

Yeah those lists are just of people whose wealth can be reasonably estimated, but they don't include the old families that literally have wealth beyond measure like the Du Ponts or the Gettys or the house of Saud.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

we still doing this plotline?

Iverron
May 13, 2012

is this consumer premium perchance

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All the money they didn't spend flying down to Disney World every month is drying up.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

SourKraut posted:

yes that will definitely happen

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
When they say savings do they mean everything in retirement vehicles as well

Empty out yer 401k to make sure you don't miss a car payment or whatever

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Gorson posted:

Not just that, why wouldn't you just consume calories that don't have all the salt, sugar, trans fats, cholesterol, etc? I always thought bulking on fast food was just the cheapest and fastest way to do it. Why, with unlimited money, would you put all that McD's crap into your body that will require correction at a later time when you don't have to?

He likes the taste op

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

is pepsi ok posted:

the old families that literally have wealth beyond measure like the Du Ponts or the Gettys or the house of Saud.

it's quite easy to imagine they have a much higher quality of life than Musk, Adani, Zucc, Arnault, or even Buffet & co

as a classical musician I've had a tiny peak into Old Money: I attended a private harpsichord concert (all François Couperin program) on the Delaware farm estate of one of the Du Pont heirs in a beautiful old stone barn retrofitted with a recital salon. it was lovely, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I didn't belong the whole time. the spread afterwards was one of the best meals of my life

I also did a project funded by one of Walter Annenberg's grandkids who attended most of the rehearsals. it was like he was literally our of Succession: mostly a mix of Kendall and Tom

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

skooma512 posted:

Exclusive: Fitch highlighted Jan. 6 insurrection in talks with Treasury ahead of US downgrade https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/fitch-decision-cut-us-credit-rating-based-deteriorating-governance-polarization-2023-08-02/

Also I guess people are sketched out by the whole “coup” thing and how that reflects on this country’s ability to govern.

lmao they did get a pre-print

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
like 20ish years ago i was visiting my cousin at northwestern university and smoked weed with a guy who had to go to the john hancock tower atm in order to withdraw the thousands of dollars of cash from the fun money account his parents set up for him. he needed it to buy the pounds of primo marijuana that he kept laying around a frat house.

his dad was one of george w’s advisors or some poo poo. it was wild. i winder about that guy now, im sure he’s probably wealthy beyond belief from some scam

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Kids are calling it the “yolo”

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
:lol::lol:, yeah, why not? I have gently caress-all for retirement/savings, been laid off three times in eight years (along with generally only sticking around for 1.5–2 years at jobs I don't get laid off from), and don't have aspirations to live long enough for the planet to cook me off of it (assuming I don't get gunned down by some Nazi chud the instant I walk out my front door beforehand). Like, gently caress it, I'm going to go places and visit friends abroad before the world starts getting really spicy.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Gorson posted:

because mcd's tastes good

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

"People who are being clearly told that they have no future are acting like they have no future. Weird!" - Smart economy guy

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
https://twitter.com/culturecrave/status/1686510671033401345?s=46&t=-VZSxDkiWhxQSeyPFaKJQw

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

SAP will lead you to ruin
Cisneros to leave Pentagon in early September after controversial tenure

federalnewsnetwork.com posted:

Gil Cisneros, the undersecretary of Defense for personnel and readiness who has been a lightning rod for criticism of efforts toward diversity and equity, will leave his post in early September.

In a letter Monday morning, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, who announced Cisneros’ decision to leave, praised the undersecretary’s “people-first approach.”

“Under his leadership, the [personnel and readiness] team established policies to ensure access to reproductive healthcare and contraceptives, promoted the safety, health and well-being of the force during the COVID-19 pandemic and advanced initiatives to integrate strategic readiness across the department,” Austin said.

During his tenure, Cisneros drew criticism for ending the MyTravel program, the Defense Department’s SAP Concur contract that it spent the last five years and tens of millions of dollars implementing.

“It’s appropriate for Undersecretary Cisneros to depart in the wake of his recent role in the defense travel system contract fiasco. When his initial orders were not followed, his response was to back down, reverse field and terminate a years-long effort to replace an aging IT system with a state-of-the-art solution,” said Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), chairwoman of the Oversight and Accountability subcommittee on cybersecurity, information technology and government innovation, in an email to Federal News Network.

Lawmakers threatened to issue a subpoena to Cisneros after he failed to attend a hearing July 26 on the new travel plan.

Cisneros has served in his position since August 2021, overseeing force readiness and management, health affairs, National Guard and reserve components and education and training.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

i sometimes think of Notch, who hosed off with his 4 billions to do nothing and make a candy hall in his house.

jfc like start a new game company or *something* (maybe he has but I've never heard of any current ventures other than being a sad sack on twitter half a decade ago).

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Popoto posted:

i sometimes think of Notch, who hosed off with his 4 billions to do nothing and make a candy hall in his house.

jfc like start a new game company or *something* (maybe he has but I've never heard of any current ventures other than being a sad sack on twitter half a decade ago).

Lol why would you start a new company and do more work. you're already rich just gently caress off

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

RadiRoot posted:

please consume more?? 🥺👉👈

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if i was a low-tier billionaire id just fund an insane amount of art

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
imagine like not blowing 100mil to make your pet video game like a disco elysium/morrowind hybrid or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If I was a billionaire I'd organize and fund in perpetuity a communist political party + armed people's militia.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

In Training posted:

If I was a billionaire I'd organize and fund in perpetuity a communist political party + armed people's militia.

👆

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
being rich and making your dream game is only cool if you can get the state of Rhode Island to help fund it

wemgo has issued a correction as of 18:09 on Aug 2, 2023

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

wemgo posted:

being rich and making your dream game is only cool if you can get the state of Massachusetts to help fund it

is Rhode Island good enough?

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

is Rhode Island good enough?

dammit. one state off!

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

please - if I was a billionaire I would do Outer Heaven but correct this time

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

And where was Barbie when the towers fell? Making Russian propaganda, that's where!

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

because mcd's tastes good

also a huge amount of the risks from fast food consumption is associated with body composition, lifestyle behaviors, and environment, which are easier to immediately mitigate as a billionaire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
if i was a billionaire id sell exclusive rights to my fast food habits to The Whale