Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fuuuuuuuuck

https://twitter.com/quackmaxx/status/1682345893289422848?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also not really sofubi related but if you have amazon prime check on the video site for "Shin Masked Rider"- you can watch it for free as of today.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Made a big boi purchase yesterday.
Got the Mondo Cherry Blossom Space Godzilla!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Der-Wreck posted:

:toot: Congratulations!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I’m super excited! I also don’t know how I’m gonna fit it in my GID collection. The dang thing is nearly 10 inches tall.

Also, somehow shipping to Canada was actually a few bux cheaper than shipping it within the US! Not that I’m complaining :wiggle:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nice! That one's rad for sure!

And thanks for the Shin h ads up! I wasn't able to make it to the theater for that one.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Der-Wreck posted:

Very nice! That paint scheme is a goodun!

I've been doing a poor job of keeping up with the Bandai Movie Monsters line. Looks like there was a new Battra Larva, Final Wars Monster X, assorted Gojiban, and deisgns from the new Gamera Anime.

Those are relentlessly charming, and I hope you get one!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Failson posted:

Very nice! That paint scheme is a goodun!

I've been doing a poor job of keeping up with the Bandai Movie Monsters line. Looks like there was a new Battra Larva, Final Wars Monster X, assorted Gojiban, and deisgns from the new Gamera Anime.

Those are relentlessly charming, and I hope you get one!

Oh eventually I'll get a Cojika cat, but I think these are for an event. Also all my fun money for a bit is already called for :/

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

No pictures, but I got in my Max Toy Shin Ultraman & Gomess over the weekend, and both are fantastic as expected.

I know they can only do so much, but I'd love more Kaiju and Ultramans in this scale.

Elegant Shogun getting ready to ship! https://www.instagram.com/p/CvTuA3wS4Wh/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 31, 2023

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Just saw this from Max Toy: https://www.instagram.com/p/CvatJTDSxG3/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng== (possibly NSFW)

Which led me to the Google where I found this: https://youtu.be/qOwZVw35ODI

Im only vaguely familiar with Go Nagai, but this should be some rad stuff from what I can tell.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah Silene is a really iconic character in Devilman. I'm pretty sure that Yo of Maxtoy Japan was the one who made this figure happen. Now that he runs that side of the business he can make more decisions on what figures to make.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Interesting, are the US and Japan sides basically run separately? I just sort of assumed Mark had all the say so, and just had a man on the ground for the Japanese side.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:siren:Big Boy Alert:siren:

Here's how he sizes up against a Mondo Godzilla (A lesser orange GID Godzilla)

E: one of the crystals

He's a bit lighter pink than the Biollante from last year. I dunno how visible that is, between my lighting and the pink wall they're in front of.

I feel like the touch of blue gives it a little extra dimension I felt the Biollante lacked (in comparison to some of the other color ways)

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 2, 2023

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Interesting, are the US and Japan sides basically run separately? I just sort of assumed Mark had all the say so, and just had a man on the ground for the Japanese side.

Mark has been talking to Yo for a long time about Yo actually becoming the head of MaxToy Japan completely for a while now- This would involve Yo making more decisions (that's why you are seeing more figures suddenly coming out that are Japan exclusives or from more 'obscure' series to the average American collector) but it also financially is a bit more of Yo's responsibility.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Edit: Ahhh, interesting. I certainly like what's coming out from both sides of the business, and more rad stuff is always a good thing!

Oh wow, didn't realize it would be that big. Looks super rad though!

I'd agree with you that the addition of the blue really adds a "little something".

All three of them look great as a group, but he non-matching pinks bother the "If they're all part of the same line then all the pantones must match" part of my brain, haha.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

LadyPictureShow posted:

He's a bit lighter pink than the Biollante from last year. I dunno how visible that is, between my lighting and the pink wall they're in front of.

I feel like the touch of blue gives it a little extra dimension I felt the Biollante lacked (in comparison to some of the other color ways)

I say GAT drat! Is the SG a glow or is it just milk vinyl?

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

UGH IM SO JEALOUS… even though mine is on the way. It’s almost here! I’m frantically watching for tracking updates but USPS gets weird with Canadian addresses. I can’t wait!

If by SG, you mean the Space Godzilla… yeah it is glow in the dark!! From Mondo’s pics it looks like it glows BLUE

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I say GAT drat! Is the SG a glow or is it just milk vinyl?

Oh, he glows.

Now that I think of it, the fact Biollante is cast in light pink whereas SG just has the pink paint probably accounts for the difference.

Der-Wreck posted:

UGH IM SO JEALOUS… even though mine is on the way. It’s almost here! I’m frantically watching for tracking updates but USPS gets weird with Canadian addresses. I can’t wait!
Any day now, I'm sure!

I didn't expect mine to get handed off to USPS for the drop, so I was expecting a shipment of yarn I've been waiting on. Surprise! It was my other money-sink hobby!

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 2, 2023

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Goddamn do all the pinks look nice together, even with Biollante having to be different. Guh really makes me wish I could've gotten a hold of that milky pink Shibara....

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I’m in a half price books and someone dumped a massive sofubi and kaiju collection. They have this which is wild

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I’m in a half price books and someone dumped a massive sofubi and kaiju collection. They have this which is wild

Dang! Did you take any more photos?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
That was the only one I took. They had a bunch of die cast model boxes, tons of Bullmark bigger bagged kaiju that might have been glow in the dark based on the colors, some other Ultra series plastic figures like that Gomess, bunch of other things here and there. It was just so much stuff. So weird that it ended up at a Half Price Books of all places.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That sounds like a super rad find, but oof the price. They definitely seemed to know what they had.

Scored some extremely rad stuff on the cheap from there in my team yeasr (Silver Surfer #1! For $3!), but seems they've wised up over time. Still would be fun to stumble across.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Yeah, it was just nice to see everything. I might have gotten something if I hadn’t instead gotten a copy of Chrono Trigger DS they had, which was the cleanest used cib DS game I’ve ever bought. It had the first edition poster in it too. It was so pristine and also had RF written on the tag that I wonder if it came in with the sofubi stuff.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah I wonder who’s collection that was. To be honest, it sounds like somebody passed away and relatives took it to HPB because a collector would have known to put that stuff out there to sell in the right places. I’d love to see the Bullmarks they have if you ever find yourself over there again and :shobon:

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Will if I’m back. The only bagged one I recognized and remember was a 8-9inch Megalon.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Will if I’m back. The only bagged one I recognized and remember was a 8-9inch Megalon.

✨🙀✨

One of these days I’ll get a Bullmark Megalon

Also I should have mentioned it here: I tried using ZenMarket to order something from the Premium Bandai website and was denied. This was unusual since I’ve had no problem for many years. When I reached out to ZenMarket I was told that Bandai is blocking all proxy purchases from now on. I don’t get that many Sofubi on the P-Bandai website but occasionally they have exclusives that you cannot get anywhere else. This is a huge loving bummer.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I saw you mention that in the AF thread, and yeah that really sucks. Is it possible to get around it with a Tenso address or would they still detect the proxy buyer/ Buyee?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I haven’t checked on Tenso but maybe there is hope that way.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
That sucks, good to know though. I've been avoiding proxies because I'm afraid of opening that particular pandora's box. Too tempting to order all the things!

Did anyone see the pics from Sunguts' new exhibition with the cheerleaders? Usually I don't go for his human sofubis but I keep trying to figure out the modular parts he made for the bigger stacks, it's weirdly fascinating.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Heyo! Elegant Johgun has shipped! :Party:

@Turbo I haven't seen the Sunguts you mentioned, but they sound interesting. I'll have to give it a search.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
They're all over his Instagram, I'm just on mobile and don't have great access to an image host atm, else I would have slapped in a pic.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

On a business trip to Toronto right now and heard about a new shop called Anime City. They’re one of the few, if not the only, sofubi seller in Toronto.

Took some time on lunch break to swing by.

Hedorah is one of my favorite kaiju designs so I really wanted this one. Also helps that the colours are too wild on this! The pink really pops. Imgur seemed to have dulled the pic tho so it’s not as bright as it is in real life! Will be a great companion to my borugogon!

of course I had to get a ‘zilla! I feel like if I’m going to collect sofubi, I need to have at least one Godzilla. I wanted a fun and colorful Godzilla and this one fits the bill. Clear and orange with gold glitter. The spikes are really neat too! It looks like they have a second layer of orange underneath the clear. Too sweet!

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Zowie, so many great pink monsters!

Is that Hedorah from CCP?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Der-Wreck posted:

On a business trip to Toronto right now and heard about a new shop called Anime City. They’re one of the few, if not the only, sofubi seller in Toronto.

Took some time on lunch break to swing by.

Hedorah is one of my favorite kaiju designs so I really wanted this one. Also helps that the colours are too wild on this! The pink really pops. Imgur seemed to have dulled the pic tho so it’s not as bright as it is in real life! Will be a great companion to my borugogon!

of course I had to get a ‘zilla! I feel like if I’m going to collect sofubi, I need to have at least one Godzilla. I wanted a fun and colorful Godzilla and this one fits the bill. Clear and orange with gold glitter. The spikes are really neat too! It looks like they have a second layer of orange underneath the clear. Too sweet!

Wow-wee!!! That hot pink Hedo is great! I saw ads for them a while back but didn't get one. I think it's a Bandai exclusive that was for the anniversary. And yeah shocking pink never shows up as bright in pictures as it is in real life.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Failson posted:

Zowie, so many great pink monsters!

Is that Hedorah from CCP?

Hmmmmm… I’m not really sure! I checked the tag but I don’t see CCP listed.

Sofubi is really so much dang fun! I went to the shop and just looking at all the sofubis they have was amazing. I felt like a kid in the toy aisle again. Saw a HUGE mothra, maybe 8 inch wingspan which was crazy.

They also had the Junkshop Dog Sofubi figs which were really cool to see.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Are there any sofubi shops in Virginia?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I am not personally aware of any in VA, but a search yielded a store called Copasquat in Salem and a store I can't see the name of in Carytown (https://richmondbizsense.com/2021/09/15/collectible-toy-store-getting-ready-to-play-in-carytown/). No idea if either are still in business...

I'm not home, but Elegab Shogun has arrived; come on end of the day!!!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Are there any sofubi shops in Virginia?

There's Toy Lair (the place S.W.O.R.D. couldn't see the name of) in Richmond. My friend told me about them recently after she saw my collection. I can do some scouting and report back next time I'm in the neighborhood.
https://www.toylairrva.com

And if the wider DMV area is acceptable, there's a place called NoveltyHaus that has a bunch of Godzilla pieces on their site.
https://webshop.noveltyhaus.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

LadyPictureShow posted:

There's Toy Lair (the place S.W.O.R.D. couldn't see the name of) in Richmond. My friend told me about them recently after she saw my collection. I can do some scouting and report back next time I'm in the neighborhood.
https://www.toylairrva.com

And if the wider DMV area is acceptable, there's a place called NoveltyHaus that has a bunch of Godzilla pieces on their site.
https://webshop.noveltyhaus.com

Thanks!

I'll have to check out Toy Lair next time I'm up that way, I head up that way now and then for Lewis Ginter garden.