Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Maltese meal?

e: 181 Maltesers would weigh approximately 360g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Jakabite posted:

Therapy speak coming into normal parlance is great because among sound people it normalises therapy and talking about mental health and is also a great warning light when overused to let you know you池e in a conversation with an insufferable twat

the latter is why i've heard it should actually just be called "influencer speak"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the woke police are coming after our beloved Small Business Owning Job Creators smh

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If that stuff got onto the street you'd be looking at kids being sick, cavities, diabetes, the lot.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
where is the tv series showing a cop breaking apart the seedy world of underground tuck shops

e: want to feel old? 」367 is the price of two freddos

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
War on obesity is getting out of hand.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
what's the supposed crime? :/

assuming this isn't a joke

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6uLfermPU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

what's the supposed crime? :/

assuming this isn't a joke
They were planning on selling the chocolate bars that had been purchased as part of a multipack individually.

Even though it says not for individual sale right there on the label.

This is what we had capital punishment for!! :mad: :mad:

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Believe it or not, vulnerable children are being paid by gangs to transport chocolate-covered coconut across district borders.

Maximum Pepsi
Jul 30, 2022

by vyelkin

Microplastics posted:

Are you drunk

Yeah, im pissed.

I dont care anymore.

Ive tried you knoe.

I have really loving tried and for what, wheere has it got me.

I just feel loving empty rhight now.

no joke

i think about spuds suicide note in trainspotting u know.

I have tried and tried and tried for 20 yrs and everything I try is another loving disaster.

I love you gail but i'm finished.

its over.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
ring someone and talk

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/feelings-symptoms-behaviours/behaviours/help-for-suicidal-thoughts/

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guavanaut posted:

They were planning on selling the chocolate bars that had been purchased as part of a multipack individually.

Even though it says not for individual sale right there on the label.

This is what we had capital punishment for!! :mad: :mad:

Maybe they were for an event

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm probably not the best person to give advice but yeah, probably best to give them a ring. I feel like throwing in the towel a lot of days, and I still don't know if I keep making the right or wrong decision, but after a lot of practice, I do think it's one best made with a calm head, not at the worst moment.

Maximum Pepsi
Jul 30, 2022

by vyelkin
thankyou for thinking of me.

see i dont have the bottle to kill myself, it is ugly but its true.

I remember the year 200 or too thousaind and 1 ish. I remember wanting to quit then. It is like my body/brain wants to quit. but my body holds on to life.

it does not matter what i do. my lungs keep filling with air. my body clings on to life even though my brain is ready to quit.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Maximum Pepsi posted:

I remember the year 200

jeezo and i thought Jaeluni Asjil was thread elder :)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah, I feel like that a lot too. Life's habit forming.

Doesn't really help, but you're not quite alone in feeling like that.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

crispix posted:

jeezo and i thought Jaeluni Asjil was thread elder :)

Mother of the Thread

Actually iirc I think I saw a post from someone slightly older (by about 6 months or maybe it was 6 months younger) couple of months ago, someone who rarely posts.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i tried to do myself in when i was 15 because depression, anxiety and (albeit mild) schizophrenia was quite the cocktail to suddenly find myself with

i'm glad it failed and i've grown to enjoy life in my own way and i've found things i'm good at and i plan to hang on in this mortal coil until i am a decrepit old bastard

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Maybe they were for an event

Or just for friends. Like it just says they 'clearly weren't just for them', like it's illegal to give other people chocolate.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

like it's illegal to give other people chocolate.

Maximum Pepsi
Jul 30, 2022

by vyelkin

crispix posted:

i tried to do myself in when i was 15 because depression, anxiety and (albeit mild) schizophrenia was quite the cocktail to suddenly find myself with

i'm glad it failed and i've grown to enjoy life in my own way and i've found things i'm good at and i plan to hang on in this mortal coil until i am a decrepit old bastard

I try

I really fucing try.

it is all badm8.
I keep trying. I keep trying to prove myself to you and I fail.. I loving fail.

i'm ready to hang for u? it is all poo poo.

it is all bad.

Wanna hear your voice., wanna hear your irish lilt. like my greandad i guess

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Maximum Pepsi posted:

Sometimes I wonder about The poo poo i listen too. I see people posting and I wonder if they would have a theme tune.

I think fucktifinos music would be this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me3CPl_i4C4

goddamtwisto (PBUH) would be THIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIQpBggqCl8

I think if this thread had a theme tune it would be o9n a downer. Maybe 2pac changes or something like that.

gently caress-it post.

The thread's theme should be The Coup's The Guillotine because it ultimately has an uplifting message of hope & a funky beat.

Meanwhile for every post I make it should be a requirement to listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fZ-of7iH7A

Not for any deep & meaningful reasons, it's just my current alarm clock & one of my favourite songs.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I got married yesterday and I知 not used to wearing any jewellery, and I知 wondering if wearing a ring is going to drive me mad before I get used to it lol.

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Congrats and just don't wear it unless you want to.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I remember the first time I wore a ring overnight I woke up the next morning and went to rub my face and gouged it pretty badly with the edge of the ring

You stop doing that pretty fast though

Maximum Pepsi
Jul 30, 2022

by vyelkin

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I got married yesterday and I知 not used to wearing any jewellery, and I知 wondering if wearing a ring is going to drive me mad before I get used to it lol.

That is so loving cool. enjoy wearing the ring m8.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I got married yesterday and I’m not used to wearing any jewellery, and I’m wondering if wearing a ring is going to drive me mad before I get used to it lol.

I had the same concern (married in October), but I was totally used to it within like 3 days and now I hate taking it off. The trick was to get my brain comfortable that I could always take the ring off as long as I made my finger super straight, so no need to panic.

Thus far it's absolutely fine, required a little adjustment to playing guitar with a ring, but OTOH it's a useful accessory for cracking eggs, so impossible to say if it's good or bad.

(Also, it's a good way to save my ego - when young women look straight through me I tell myself it's because they clocked the ring, not because I'm middle aged and invisible :unsmith: )

Also also, goongratulations!

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Lord Ludikrous posted:

make like frodo and wear it on a chain around your neck to slow down it's madness inducing powers

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

make like frodo and wear it on a chain around your neck to slow down it's madness inducing powers

I have a ring I wear like this occasionaly because yeah, they are hard to wear if you're not used to them.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Great, now I'm aware of my wedding ring.

I oughta knock your blocks off!

x

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You are now wedding manually. (congrats Lord Ludikrous :))

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Maximum Pepsi posted:

Dont got cahsing waterfalls.

It is allbad. I keep trying. i really keep fyucking trying. I know it is bad. like when I see chrispix, i think hw is ok. I cannot undresss what i done/do.

I keep trying. I really fucoking try. but i dont know how to make it ok.

Good evening no_one, I hope you are ok

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

no_one, give the samaritans a call.

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Congrats! Never, ever try lifting all the of the big food shop bags in one go with your left hand from now on.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

I have a ring I wear like this occasionaly because yeah, they are hard to wear if you're not used to them.

You are Liz Truss and I claim my pork markets

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Hey Rishi, talk to this Remington.

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:

Diet Crack posted:

Hey Rishi, talk to this Remington.

God, he's such a oval office and it's so infuriating that we don't have any decent opposition to him. Anyone halfway decent would hang him up to dry.

Our bank sent us a letter saying they know times are hard for everyone and they've got some great options if we're in a pinch:

- Get a new mortgage deal now, before the rates go up. We're on 2% until September 2024 thankfully, but if things continue as-is we'll be likely at 8% then 🙃 4x interest payments, hooray.

- Move to interest-only for 6 months. So..."only" pay interest for six months (that if we had a bad deal, would be basically the same as what we currently pay), without making a dent in the total.

I really wish I wasn't so busy and/or spineless, I'd love to lead a "Don't pay your mortgage" movement. Will the banks really send the police round to every mortgage-holders home?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If the banks are offering to lock you in at the current rates, that's probably a solid indicator that they're projecting the rates to drop considerably next year

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I paid a grand to lock in for 10 years at 2% like 2 months before everything absolutely went to poo poo, and at the time I felt like I was basically just paying to save myself the hassle of sorting the mortgage out again in a couple of years but really it痴 been the best 」1000 I致e ever pissed away on effectively nothing, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

sebzilla posted:

https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1686448055883546630

Dude who comes in from the right is pulling moves straight out of Disco Elysium

Jacked-up footwork plus some Ubi folk dancing

Seen so many of these guys in nightclubs in the late 90/early 00s. He's trying to imitate a mid-90s dance style that was popularised by people like Leeroy Thornhill and Keith Flint from The Prodigy, and lesser known rave acts like QFX in Scotland, where it's all about very rapid on-the-spot footwork. But if you have no rhythm or coordination and are trying to bust a move after 8 pints of Stella it ends up like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a65NMdkB5uY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn8UpBxejVc

Me and a friend where obsessed with this dance style and got so good at it that during a Prodigy gig in Belfast around 1994/5 they pulled us up on stage and we got to dance alongside them and hang out backstage after the show. They were sound as gently caress, really chill guys. My friend was really into DJing and sampling and Liam Howlett just went into a huge music nerd chat with him.

Keith Flint was the only cool Keith.

edit: Except for Kool Keith sampled on "Smack My Bitch Up"

Clyde Radcliffe fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 2, 2023