Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alehkhs posted:

Hm. I have that one set to "click" it looks like. I think if I left it on "touch release", then it would cause the commands to double-fire.
that's really strange because i'm getting no input at all if it's set to 'click'. i do get the double-fire commands if it's set to 'touch release' though, i found that out when i started messing with them

i'll give it a thorough test later! the only (minor) thing i could possibly complain about is that i can't use the A button as my enter (confirm) key now because it only activates this functionality but that's incredibly minor :v: if this works without crashing then it'll be huge so i look forward to reporting back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alehkhs posted:

I've got this working with the following steps:

1. Set up Left Joystick:
    • When on "Default" Action Set, the joystick should be set to radial_1
    • When on "Default (radial_layer)", the joystick should be set to radial_2

okay so i discovered weird things happening here - whenever i leave the controller mapping screen the radial_2 becomes radial_1 under the left stick settings. i even created a new input map from scratch to make sure my old one wasn't cursed, set up all the radial menus again twice instead of duplicating them, set everything like you say and it looks good in the mapping but the moment i leave that screen and come back the left stick is now radial_1 again. not even radial_1 (inherited) but just straight up radial_1

what is happening

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Your Computer posted:

what is happening

Not sure the culprit, but I've seen this happen as well. My current setup seems to be stable, so I must have gotten it to stick somehow. Perhaps try creating the radial menus after the layers from the action assignment dropdown of each joystick (default and radial layer), rather than in the "Virtual Menus" menu? If that works, I'll adjust the order of steps.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am addicted to mars first logistics and it’s perfect on the deck

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Time posted:

God drat cyberpunk looks and runs so nice

Funny how fast we went from cyberpunk barely running on stationary devices to it running really well on a portable device.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The new Deck system update gives the option to sort your library by date added and ABOUT loving TIME.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Deck keeps winning

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yeah it's great because I can see my library shift when I get my Deck in October last year and I start buying games based off Deck potential. Hell I started buying games again. I think I bought more games on Steam in the 3 remaining months of 2022 than I did in the entire rest of the year.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The exact opposite of cyberpunk running perfectly is elden ring where I can’t even name my character because the keyboard pops up but is hidden lol. Stuck on the creation screen forever 😭

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Beve Stuscemi posted:

I am addicted to mars first logistics and it’s perfect on the deck

I also bought it on recommendation from this thread.

Ticks a lot of boxes, wish there were a few more QoL things like I straight up overwrite one of my existing saved designs in a brain fart stupor without any confirmation, but half the fun is plopping stuff together and seeing what works anyway instead of just copying the same design again and again.

RFC
Nov 3, 2002
Been trying out Halls of Torment and Pseudoregalia. Pseudoregalia is pretty neat so far.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Time posted:

The exact opposite of cyberpunk running perfectly is elden ring where I can’t even name my character because the keyboard pops up but is hidden lol. Stuck on the creation screen forever 😭

Steam button + X, my lord. Come play.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Beastie posted:

Time posted:

I don't think Steam + X would help if it's being hidden?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Time posted:

Just czeched, works for me!

Science_enthusiast
Dec 2, 2018

TECH(no) WOMBLE

Commander Keene posted:

I don't think Steam + X would help if it's being hidden?

It just emulates a keyboard input as if you had a physical one plagged in.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

UPDATE: See that exclamation mark? That was a pending system update. After the update I can't enter the name or change any of the menus on the character creation screen either. Pressing Steam + X brings out the keyboard though, so there's something else going on with the text entry overlay.

Doesn't work on Stable, Beta, or Preview builds either. Windowed, Borderless or Fullscreen.

Vic fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Aug 3, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

For whatever reason, over the past week or so, whenever I want to take a screenshot, it happens, but the notification that I've done it doesn't pop up anymore. Two things:

- Yes, I have notifications on, just like always (I don't mind them :shrug:)
- other notifications still appear.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I can't believe it's taken me this long to emulate the DS and GBA on the deck.

Both just feel magical.

It's like playing the nostalgic version of the game you have in your head where the screen wasn't the size of a stamp.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GBA on the deck is unreal, it looks soooo good.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

imagine it with OLED tho :negative:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For whatever reason, over the past week or so, whenever I want to take a screenshot, it happens, but the notification that I've done it doesn't pop up anymore. Two things:

- Yes, I have notifications on, just like always (I don't mind them :shrug:)
- other notifications still appear.

I had just assumed it was being buggy with the Genesis game I was playing.

So, I also have the same bug, though as I was typing this post I went to delete the 15 screenshots I apparently took trying to figure it out and there was an update, maybe fixed it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

buying a €500 handheld to play Pokemon romhacks ftw

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

buying a €500 handheld to play Pokemon romhacks ftw

new thread title.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Beastie posted:

This didn’t work - nbd though I already played the game just not on this bad boy

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'd again like to shill for some kind of small Bluetooth keyboard, helpful when this kind of poo poo pops up or for doing desktop mode stuff. I think I spent like 15 bux on one during black friday or primeday.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

tater_salad posted:

I'd again like to shill for some kind of small Bluetooth keyboard, helpful when this kind of poo poo pops up or for doing desktop mode stuff. I think I spent like 15 bux on one during black friday or primeday.

You could go cheap... Or you could look at this, decide if it's too expensive for you or not, and then determine whether or not you're the type of person to have FOMO.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

how much pot did this person smoke

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s upside down

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You could go cheap... Or you could look at this, decide if it's too expensive for you or not, and then determine whether or not you're the type of person to have FOMO.

I want one of these, but I also want to pair it with a nice retro looking mouse (but not the dumb looking NES mouse 8bitdo already sell).

Do such things exist?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Steam Deck 2 will be a repurposed Wii U.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

alexandriao posted:

Where are the trackpads? Why do the L1 and R1 buttons look like they're analog? Why is the left stick in the wrong place? Why are the face buttons raised? Why does it only have one speaker? Why does the screen not fit the shell? Why is the screen curved at the bottom? Why does the render look like a discarded Ayaneo prototype with a larger screen photoshopped onto it? Why does it not have start and select buttons?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Left stick looks like it’s in the right place to me

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

alexandriao posted:

Not Interested.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

njsykora posted:

Where are the trackpads? Why do the L1 and R1 buttons look like they're analog? Why is the left stick in the wrong place? Why are the face buttons raised? Why does it only have one speaker? Why does the screen not fit the shell? Why is the screen curved at the bottom? Why does the render look like a discarded Ayaneo prototype with a larger screen photoshopped onto it? Why does it not have start and select buttons?

The start and select buttons are the analog triggers up top.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

What I want when using a d-pad: an embossed plastic mountain jamming into my thumb.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’m happy to see the time honored tradition of people making fake rear end renders of rumored consoles and handhelds is still alive and well.

Raylax
Jul 21, 2021

Tshshshshshshshsh

Quantum of Phallus posted:

GBA on the deck is unreal, it looks soooo good.

I'm not usually one for video filters, but the LCD grid one with the core options for accurate LCD ghosting and colour accuracy set? Incredible. Like playing on an actual original GBA with a screen you can actually see

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Not Interested

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

im the design that would force your hands outwards away from your wrists, unlike literally every other controller ever designed, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Beve Stuscemi posted:

im the design that would force your hands outwards away from your wrists, unlike literally every other controller ever designed, ever.
You simply hold it with the opposite hands that you'd expect. Make the Wakanda forever salute then lower your forearms a bit, open your hands, and scream for a loved one to lower the Steam Deck 2 into your grip.