Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sir we just got a communicae from third division and it's troublesome: "the clapping is in the walls, growing louder each day. It's getting closer. Non stop clapping of cheeks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

*me striking a philosopher pose*

Death drive or sex drive?....Why not...both? :smug:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Dear god, are people not embarrassed to buy that sort of thing?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Oh heavens be

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

You can't be embarrassed if you're part of a community that buy that sort of thing.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Everyone should have an inappropriate titty mini or two, whether it's a busty illithid, a snake with breasts for no goddamn reason, or just a boob with bat wings. If someone gives you poo poo for playing, like, nothing but dragonborn characters you pull out The Worst Mini and teach them to be careful what they wish for.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Everyone should have an inappropriate titty mini or two, whether it's a busty illithid, a snake with breasts for no goddamn reason, or just a boob with bat wings. If someone gives you poo poo for playing, like, nothing but dragonborn characters you pull out The Worst Mini and teach them to be careful what they wish for.

I don't get to do that because I already play space wolves.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Genghis Cohen posted:

Are you new to this planet?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Spanish Manlove posted:

I don't get to do that because I already play space wolves.

Ah, but do you play titty space wolves?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The correct term is teaty space wolves tyvm

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Genghis Cohen posted:

That's why they're 3D models, buyers can prin them at home.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

Midwinter Minis Guy's wife posted on reddit 5 days ago:

Edit: Wrote wife , but I meant ex-partner as they were not married.

Guy from MWM is a piece of poo poo

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Also his techniques and tips are poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-l_QP9kvog

First you take a perfectly acceptable paintjob:

Then you smear watery ketchup all over it

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
My favorite was when his Patreon supporters basically bought him a Warlord titan and he was all "and now I'm going to paint it as quickly as possible!" I mean, it looked fine, but a $2200 miniature is not something you really want to speed paint.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Kwyndig posted:

Ah, but do you play titty space wolves?

I'm not sure I'm following your distinction.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Giant Ethicist posted:

My favorite was when his Patreon supporters basically bought him a Warlord titan and he was all "and now I'm going to paint it as quickly as possible!" I mean, it looked fine, but a $2200 miniature is not something you really want to speed paint.

Thanks for reminding me to check out Eric's Imperator build updates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VgjqNmKPEE

Nothing in the last six months.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

grassy gnoll posted:

I'm not sure I'm following your distinction.

The distinction is whether they buy bras individually or in four packs.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

TheBigAristotle posted:

Also his techniques and tips are poo poo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-l_QP9kvog

First you take a perfectly acceptable paintjob:

Then you smear watery ketchup all over it

I don't think it looks terrible. I bet from tabletop distance it looks fine and probably better than just the flat yellow.

I also don't agree that his tips/techniques are that bad. He does stray into some questionable design decisions, he's a clumsy painter for sure, and definitely not the strongest technique-wise or end result-wise, especially in comparison to the other creators in his sphere.

edit: oh I didn't see the video, just the yellow terminators. Yeah, that's very bad. I understand the idea he's going for, but woof.

Every time they try to do something with mixed media it ends up looking quite bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1KUtn3zIgk

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 2, 2023

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
What, you mean you don't want to glue a bunch of garbage to your Tyranids?

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I wouldn't scoff at any of those nids if they were just, like, some random guy's minis. Some of them are even kinda regular-guy-mini cool--I kinda like the pink decorator crab look. But that's different from "let me teach you my ways" good.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I don't think Midwinter is concerned with tutorials anymore, usually when a Hobby YouTuber gets long in the tooth they start to deviate.

Like how Squidmar used to teach stuff when he first started and what he does now I don't even know. Ad skits?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MWM pivoting to the mini painting equivalent of those tiktoks where they make soup out of ketchup and cornflakes or whatever

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

Guy from MWM is a piece of poo poo

I haven't watched MWM in a long time, stopped having the time, but this is really disappointing to see. He seemed like one of those wholesome dudes that would be cool, but man you really can't rely on content creators to not be awful it turns out. I'm scared to know if some of the others that got me started on painting, are still cool dudes? Namely Goobertown Hobbies, and Miniac?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Goobertown seems cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6Fh735lrA

still a weirdo though.

I was subscribed to Squidmar for a bit last year just to watch this thing go together because look at it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5eBZ4FHjnI

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 3, 2023

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Those lava tyranids could actually look good if he put some effort in

E. you probably have to be a little weird to make it as a youtuber

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

The white in the recesses on the head and around the teeth is absolutely killing me. I'm sure it's intentional, but it looks loving terrible when zoomed in that much for a photo.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Jonny Nox posted:

Goobertown seems cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6Fh735lrA

still a weirdo though.

Dude has to be aware and leaning hard into the "he's got serial killer eyes and I bet he's got people chained up in his basement"

Then it came out he was a professional chemist and yeah, he's just being a weirdo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He strikes me as weird, but harmless and not at all problematic. When the 2020 BLM protests happened, he was a content creator with the spine to speak up and put out a video in support of the protests, and to express utter disgust at what was happening. Same for supporting Games Workshop when they told fascists and white supremacists to get hosed.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

smug jeebus posted:

Those lava tyranids could actually look good if he put some effort in

E. you probably have to be a little weird to make it as a youtuber

You have to be weird to WANT to make it as a youtuber. Think of all the horrible poo poo the poo poo that happens here because there are enough goons for there to be a constant stream of one in several thousand level weirdos. Now imagine there's nothing between you and the youtube comment equivalent of driftingmouse or wormsbutthole but google's moderation.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

You have to be weird to WANT to make it as a youtuber. Think of all the horrible poo poo the poo poo that happens here because there are enough goons for there to be a constant stream of one in several thousand level weirdos. Now imagine there's nothing between you and the youtube comment equivalent of driftingmouse or wormsbutthole but google's moderation.

I've considered doing the tube thing for art subjects a few times.

Then I remember the comment section and how integral it is to success these days. Sucks.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

I kinda like this guy, he's got a real 90s action figure vibe to him.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I wouldn't scoff at any of those nids if they were just, like, some random guy's minis. Some of them are even kinda regular-guy-mini cool--I kinda like the pink decorator crab look. But that's different from "let me teach you my ways" good.

It just goes to show that you don't actually have to be good at a specific hobby to get a large fanbase, you just have to be good at narrating and editing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well, yeah. That's how most of television has always worked. "Subject expert" pundits have said nothing particularly insightful for generations, but enough people will still watch to keep them well paid.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Magnetoned

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Crackbone posted:

Magnetoned

This is what we would call Sexual Magnetism.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Crackbone posted:

Magnetoned

https://youtu.be/2RamSFoo0jw

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Attractive!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Crackbone posted:

Magnetoned

Welcome to thigh!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Screaming Idiot posted:

Welcome to thigh!

Goddamnit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU