Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

poo poo. That’s a really good question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Frank Tagliano :aaa:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Dawgstar posted:

Who do you think put who onto them?

AJ was somewhat of a metalhead and was depressed. When Meadow went off to college he gave her the poster as a half assed gift because he wasn’t really into Ulver anymore.

https://youtu.be/x3WdtS4FZck

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Started another watch last week and already at season 3. I don't know what it is with this show but I always pick up the Italian slang and it always goes through my mind as I'm going about my day. Calling everyone a stunad under my breath.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
You got a problem besides those fuckin pants?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That always reminded me of the line in Goodfellas when everyone's getting arrested and Tuddy says to the cop "Whoever sold you that suit has a wonderful sense of humor"

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Matt Zerella posted:

You got a problem besides those fuckin pants?

those freaking arm floaters on Irina always cracks me up somehow

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
It reminds me of David Hockey.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If you were a dildo we wouldn’t be fighting.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/todayyearsoldig/status/1685346888550391808

The music in the back half of this was in the Sopranos wasn't it? At least twice? Whats it called? (Might throw you off without the vocals but the tune is the same I'm certain)

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Yeah, it's in 2 or 3 episodes in season 2. I just got through that part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdWEhMOrRpQ

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Wiltsghost posted:

Yeah, it's in 2 or 3 episodes in season 2. I just got through that part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdWEhMOrRpQ

Every mom in America listened to this song nonstop in the 00s.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Good song but I was kind of sick of it by the last time they played it. This song rules though. What a hosed up episode that was. Poor Tracee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjOeWiPZeZw

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

Good song but I was kind of sick of it by the last time they played it. This song rules though. What a hosed up episode that was. Poor Tracee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjOeWiPZeZw

Also used to great effect in Vice Principals

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

fuckin’ beautiful definition, too

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

"Gigi, Beansie, I swear us Italians are the only ones who use nicknames like that"

"No, the Chinese... Yo Yo Ma?"

*tony nods enthusiastically*

Lmao

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Winston Churchill drank a quart of brandy before breakfast. And Napoleon...he was a moody gently caress too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Winston Churchill drank a quart of brandy before breakfast. And Napoleon...he was a moody gently caress too.

Where's the lie? :colbert:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

lol that Johnny Sack spent half a million for the world’s gaudiest and most tasteless wedding.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

ulvir posted:

lol that Johnny Sack spent half a million for the world’s gaudiest and most tasteless wedding.

Ain't that a kick in the head?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

ulvir posted:

“Uhhh… don’t eat that peppah!”

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He’s rather portly to be Napoleon.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I finished S5 last night, its my third time through so its not like the Simpsons or anything where everything is just burnt in. I read the blurb for S6E1 and realized its the junior shoots Tony episode and I'm like nah, I cant digest that tonight. So I watched it tonight. I cant help but recall how jarring that scene was the first time around. To go along with the hanging, that few minutes has to be the darkest section of the entire series. Really sets in motion what you're in for in that season.

Its been great being on vacation and being able to just burn through S5 in 5 or 6 days. I also cant express how much more entertaining its been, being a part of this thread and getting that much more value out of the memeable moments (remember Pearl Harbor). There are so many moments I mentally bookmark and want to discuss but ultimately if I dont come here to document them after watching that episode, its all gone.

Even if he'd never done anything else significant, I really wish JIm hadn't died. So unfair.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

codo27 posted:

Even if he'd never done anything else significant, I really wish JIm hadn't died. So unfair.

I highly doubt he’d ever revisited the role of Tony again but I can’t help but thinking that I’d he were alive we would’ve avoided the terrible movie.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Hesh: Here's a branch, I don't see the rest of the tree.

Chrissy: gently caress that philosophical poo poo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

There’s a lot of weird poo poo in the last season. The coma stuff just feels extremely indulgent and kind of fits into some of the pet theories I’ve heard that the showrunner was just loving with the audience at times. The way the Melfi stuff just ends in a wet fart is also frustrating.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

FlamingLiberal posted:

There’s a lot of weird poo poo in the last season. The coma stuff just feels extremely indulgent and kind of fits into some of the pet theories I’ve heard that the showrunner was just loving with the audience at times. The way the Melfi stuff just ends in a wet fart is also frustrating.

It's a perfect show actually

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

prom candy posted:

It's a perfect show actually

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
the coma stuff is the best part of the show and the melfi arc ends the only way it possibly could in order to have any sort of consistency. she realized she had been in denial of what her colleagues had been trying to tell her all along, and when tony flat out tells her to her face that he gets great ideas from therapy that make him a more effective mob boss she runs out of room for justification. it's great.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah I'm not sure what else you would expect from the Melfi arc...

She cures him? A "Ok see you next week" scene before he gets his head blown off? That's more appealing?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Before the first episode of the final season, I had kind of a dumb idea to conclude the first episode with Tony being shot (with the killer off screen) and then do the rest of the episodes in a Who Shot JR/Who Shot Mr Burns flashback sort of way where we try to unravel who did it and set up a viable motive for everyone that hates Tony Soprano. That's a LONG list.

Might have been a funny payoff and a more satisfying conclusion (for some) if they'd only revealed it was Uncle Junior near the end and each episode would set up how it could easily have been Bobby, Chris, Johnny Sac, Sil, Phil, Janice, Butch, Patsy, and you name it.

Glad they didn't do it that way but it was an idea I had anyways. And that's why I'm not a writer on an Emmy Aways winning TV show.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It's nice going back to watch The Sopranos and have nearly the whole show happen chronologically. So many writers love to do huge flashback interludes instead of letting their characters convey how their pasts affect them in the present story.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's nice going back to watch The Sopranos and have nearly the whole show happen chronologically. So many writers love to do huge flashback interludes instead of letting their characters convey how their pasts affect them in the present story.

Except for Big Pussy and a lot of stuff with Tony's upbringing.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This scene is amazing, like it's from Dragnet lol

"My pizza never hurt nobody"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wI-l-pdlHo

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Love that they sent two cruisers.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

codo27 posted:

I finished S5 last night, its my third time through so its not like the Simpsons or anything where everything is just burnt in. I read the blurb for S6E1 and realized its the junior shoots Tony episode and I'm like nah, I cant digest that tonight. So I watched it tonight. I cant help but recall how jarring that scene was the first time around. To go along with the hanging, that few minutes has to be the darkest section of the entire series. Really sets in motion what you're in for in that season.

Its been great being on vacation and being able to just burn through S5 in 5 or 6 days. I also cant express how much more entertaining its been, being a part of this thread and getting that much more value out of the memeable moments (remember Pearl Harbor). There are so many moments I mentally bookmark and want to discuss but ultimately if I dont come here to document them after watching that episode, its all gone.

Fun fact, that was the first episode of the show I ever saw.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kevyn posted:

Love that they sent two cruisers.

Well, it makes sense. I get the impression it's a well funded school with many rich white people sending kids there.

Speaking of schools I always forget Tobin Bell is the commandant of the military school they look at sending AJ to.

"Hello, Anthony. I'd like to play a game. It's called saving your future."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why do guys in the army, or like spies, use that 0 thing when they tell time?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Ah gerbil, ma'am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If only AJ knew how valuable a stepping stone the academy could have been to his piloting career